Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,545 members, 7,801,520 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:28 PM

Is Salary Of 20k OK? - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is Salary Of 20k OK? (28596 Views)

. / Salary Structure Of Nigerian Lecturers: Annual Salary Of Nigerian Lecturers / MTN NG Salary Structure: Salary Of MTN Nigeria Telecommunications Plc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by Kbraims(m): 6:19pm On May 27, 2016
kikikikikikiki...laughing in Chinese
Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by AreaFada2: 6:21pm On May 27, 2016
khaz:
Good day. I m a 1st class graduate of Applied Mathematics from University of Benin. I m 27. See my certificate below.
Please HELP
Dude, no offer as a graduate assistant? Go online and search for scholarship offers from foreign governments. British,Canadian, German, American, Swedish, etc. Check commonwealth scholarships. Check embassy Web pages. That is if you lean towards academia. otherwise send speculative applications or CV's to big accounting/auditing firms like PWC, Etc. Good luck.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by Kemmia(f): 6:23pm On May 27, 2016
misscall247:
what field?
well dont't Understand what you are trying to say but I studied English Language.
Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by AreaFada2: 6:25pm On May 27, 2016
oc2fish:

I pISSS ON YOUR First class.

Haba, not so harsh. People have different talents. Not all are Streetwise. But he's surely good at what he's good at.
Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by Sambar(m): 6:30pm On May 27, 2016
BankManager:
20k for a graduate?That's peanut...!! What did u finish with bro? Which uni? Are you up to 26? I could be of help..
abeg oooo u fit help me too
Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by Apelex(m): 6:34pm On May 27, 2016
khaz:
Good day. I m a 1st class graduate of Applied Mathematics from University of Benin. I m 27. See my certificate below.
Please HELP

Pm me
Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by DrTims(m): 6:35pm On May 27, 2016
[color=#000099][/color]also looking for a job as well. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
BankManager:

20k for a graduate?That's peanut...!!
What did u finish with bro? Which uni? Are you up to 26? I could be of help..
Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by easysunny(m): 6:59pm On May 27, 2016
Every adventure starts with a step. Don't look at the money now. Concentrate on the skills and experience you will gather. God is in charge. Money will definitely come at the right time
Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by domiquezdundee: 7:14pm On May 27, 2016
It is not even enough for an illiterate
Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by Dam5reey(m): 7:16pm On May 27, 2016
Its a matter of choice and chance though..

I started as office assistant with 10k.....
With focus and hard work.. God grace I'm the head of a department.. In the same company... Now ... 100 K plus...

1 Like

Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by sonnie10: 7:25pm On May 27, 2016
YourFatherYansh:
#20,000 รท 350 = $57............ cry
OP dnt build ur treasures on earth....,Gather ur treasures in heaven were there is no thief or termites.

# $
Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by Sobeautiful: 7:30pm On May 27, 2016
Tpappie:
Nor worry, you go buy land. Start from somewhere. God is the one who enriches, we all can try, but God gives wealth.
Well said.
Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by khaz(m): 7:51pm On May 27, 2016
Apelex:

Pm me
I don't know how to pm. My phone number is 08134849578
Thanks so much.
Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by khaz(m): 7:54pm On May 27, 2016
AreaFada2:
Dude, no offer as a graduate assistant? Go online and search for scholarship offers from foreign governments. British,Canadian, German, American, Swedish, etc. Check commonwealth scholarships. Check embassy Web pages. That is if you lean towards academia. otherwise send speculative applications or CV's to big accounting/auditing firms like PWC, Etc. Good luck.
Thanks.
No offer for Graduate Assistant yet. but even if I will apply for Scholarship, I want to work first. Thanks so much.
Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by suckerT111(m): 7:57pm On May 27, 2016
take the job though..I had also taught in a school where I earned 5k a month..for now things have changed, jus within a spec of 5yrs ,I got a job with d multinationals where I earn 150k per month...
Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by khaz(m): 7:57pm On May 27, 2016
oc2fish:

I pISSS ON YOUR First class.
Why?
I pray Almighty God help us all.

1 Like

Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by Nobody: 7:58pm On May 27, 2016
KENZYYONG:
my brother is one step at a time okay... When I completed my nysc in 2012, my first pay was #20,000 but now am in a better pay and level. And not just that but the experience is paramount cos is what you need now. It doesn't matter the pay package. My ex den was against my taking a job for as low as 20k but now it was d experience I got then that got me this job...

Was it teaching experience?
Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by spencekat(m): 8:07pm On May 27, 2016
After NYSC,I took 12K,shortly left the place that was giving me 12K to a place where I was getting 25K.From 25K to a 45K work environment and now to a place where my take home pay is very reasonable.Very soon,I will float my own business.#Surulere.
Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by armyofone(m): 8:08pm On May 27, 2016
Better than nothing. Continue to apply for jobs and don't rest or give up. Don't give your current job up till you find another job that's much better. Make sure you don't get any girl pregnant by the way.
Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by YOLO1(m): 8:10pm On May 27, 2016
Well, it depends on ur mindset, upbringing and orientation. But as for me, I won't work for anyone for that salary when I can make more tru personal efforts.
@ OP, I don't know where you're but why not consider starting ur own school or tutorial classes. U can start with home coaching or evening classes. Organise secondary and primary school students around you and begin to teach them. Even with evening classes, you're assured to make more than 20k if u know ur way. And with time tru consistency and hardwork, you are assured of a happy ending
Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by reservd(m): 8:22pm On May 27, 2016
seunwen2:
Just finished my service this year and have been able to secure a job in a private school, studied physics though, but my pay this month is 20k. I just dey think when will i be able to buy land and do many things of life?
Do u wanna make teachin a profession? Jst start wit dt while u search 4 better jobs. At least u won't hv to beg 4 money 4 tfare to attend an interview and all dt. You u hv money to take care of fundamental expenses, nt being a burden or nuisance to any1. It wl only get better
Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by smiliyB(f): 8:23pm On May 27, 2016
BiafraBushBoy:

PLAY....
are you looking for the relationship?..
Ask me, I will explain.
oya tell me,I will love to knw
Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by Dubemkelly(m): 8:30pm On May 27, 2016
Traansport alawi u mean? That's phucking poor. Private schools can use one until one passes out

1 Like

Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by odimbannamdi(m): 8:32pm On May 27, 2016
MrMcJay:

Take up the job, try to take up after-school lessons and private lessons on weekends for interested students. Give your best to the job and let the parents of your students take special interest in you. Once they get to like you, there would be one opening one day that a parent would recommend you for.

Cheers!
are u a deeperlifer?
Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by BiafraBushBoy(m): 8:34pm On May 27, 2016
smiliyB:
oya tell me,I will love to knw

Most job info comes from networking...

The more you know people, the more information you have...

You know people by meeting them, which in turn is termed "play"...

So when you play hard, you relieve urself of excessive thinking, and in turn, you meet a lot of people...

Then who knows the next thing??...

BOOM!!!!! Job landed...

That's all....

Meanwhile, Vote refiner for miss Nairaland.
Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by smiliyB(f): 8:37pm On May 27, 2016
[quote author=BiafraBushBoy post=46031338]
Okay,tnks.
Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by Coldfeets: 8:39pm On May 27, 2016
It's okay.

At least, it's something.

If you can save 50% of that every month, you'll be able to save up to one million in 8+ years time.

That is, if you don't get sacked before that time.

Ha ha ha

tongue wink grin

1 Like

Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by Nobody: 8:48pm On May 27, 2016
BankManager:

bro, I'm 25. finished with 2:1. if you can be of help i will be very grateful. i sent you a pm.
Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by timilehyin01(m): 8:49pm On May 27, 2016
Bro.. Don't despise the days of Lil beginning.. Started out with 20k as well agricultural science teacher.. But now grin#graceisthenameofthegame
#gracetitakeover
#increasingwithgrace
#sonofgrace

My advice look up to God and let ur job b just a source
Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by ik4life: 8:51pm On May 27, 2016
BankManager:

Bro,I don't mind if u help me,I just finished service last month,graduated with a 2:1 and am 24

1 Like

Re: Is Salary Of 20k OK? by Nobody: 8:56pm On May 27, 2016
Even school certificate holders rake as high as 50-60k by working as salespersons in Shoprite and in various lush super marts splattered across Lag, so how on Saturn could a paltry 20k possibly be 'OK' for a graduate? .

If the tuition fee in your four/five-year stint in the varsity were agglomerated, I'm sure it would be sufficient in starting and funding a very profitable business.

So what precisely is the essence of spending so much in the tertiary institution and being unable to recoup the invested capital after graduation?.

In absence of beefier alternatives you should probably just stick with the '20k' job for the time being, but ensure to always be in qui vivre for juicer job offers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dangote Oil Refinery: Graduate Engineer Trainees Return After Overseas Training / Tea-pickers In Kenya Are Destroying Machines Meant To Replace Them In Protest / What Professional Skill Will Be In HOT DEMAND 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.