Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,396 members, 7,808,416 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:39 AM

Nine Key Milestones In President Buhari’s First Year: Daily Trust - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nine Key Milestones In President Buhari’s First Year: Daily Trust (17820 Views)

Reactions Over Rats In President Buhari's Office / Buhari’s First Day Back On Duty, A Loud Disappointment, Aso Rock Sources - SR / Constitutional Amendment: See The Nine Key Areas Senate, House Of Reps Disagree. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nine Key Milestones In President Buhari’s First Year: Daily Trust by teddy2011: 12:59pm On May 27, 2016
I don't understand this write up.... the topic contradicts the details.

The writer is talking about what the president intends to do in the future and not what the country achieved in the past 1 year.....

For instance the case of jobs... the writer is using "will". ... This means they have not been given the jobs.
....The president is still planning to... It is well!

3 Likes

Re: Nine Key Milestones In President Buhari’s First Year: Daily Trust by IgweBUIKE1(m): 1:00pm On May 27, 2016
Na so craze dey start Before we start to kidnap, e don tey wey we dey struggle and the times are hard Niger Delta where we live is like a hole in the map Only the oil is respected but the people are crap I cant go to the farm because the soil is bad Cant fish anymore, the fish are packing their bag I discovered that the oil people paid off my leader I cant complain unless they do me Ken Saro Wiwa So when the shooting and looting and the poor thing Or you pour in the boot is the new thing Think about the polluting and using the land and refusing to pop in a few things Think about all the people that can't survive so others can make money off the fewer that don’t provide No NEPA mehn, we gotta buy diesel for light And after everything they raise the fuel price

2 Likes

Re: Nine Key Milestones In President Buhari’s First Year: Daily Trust by thesicilian: 1:01pm On May 27, 2016
lailo:

-Court has convicted former NIMASA boss(5 years in prison),dis same guy was looting freely during Jonathan's regime.Its matter of time other heads will roll.Rule of law must be followed in democracy. Buhari accused NASS of padding d budget and d much reason he refused to sign it not d other way round.It is usual practice in Nigeria for NASS to pad budget,adding their own "source of lootings" and also requesting for bribe for accelerated budget passage and ministers screening.
-Social welfare package has not started enjoying implementation but d reality on ground now is dat Nigeria is broke.Jonathan and his cohorts looted d treasury.PDP in its 16yrs rule did not prepare for raining days.By d time "yam" are recovered from "Goats".APC will see something to work with and all promises made will see d light of d day.Remember he has more 3 years to use.

I believe in Buhari, his plans and intentions for Nigeria are good. All I'm saying is, why include what he has not done eg the social welfare scheme, as part of his 1st yr achievements? Didn't know about the NIMASA boss's conviction though, thanx.

1 Like

Re: Nine Key Milestones In President Buhari’s First Year: Daily Trust by clefstone(m): 1:08pm On May 27, 2016
Toktee:
Nothing,you will not see anything since your hatred for the man and the region he came from,plus what he did to your hero during the last general elections.
Don't be a robot bro.
who is the robot here?

1 Like

Re: Nine Key Milestones In President Buhari’s First Year: Daily Trust by Nobody: 1:14pm On May 27, 2016
thesicilian:
Take time to read through the article, you'll find that there's actually nothing worth mentioning there.

- Asset declaration is not an achievement, it is a necessity of public office. Even Saraki who failed to declare his is still the Senate President today.

- Who has any court of law convicted for corruption?

- We are told the budget was not padded. How do you expect us to be able to verify that?

The article even talked about Social Welfare Program. Is there any person who has received a single naira from the federal government?

Myopic people like you just turn to blind when you see someone you dislike do good.

You just don't want to hear it!

But for your information, EFCC is actually now working!!!

https://www.naij.com/836475-breaking-former-dg-nimasa-jailed-5-years.html
Re: Nine Key Milestones In President Buhari’s First Year: Daily Trust by Nobody: 1:15pm On May 27, 2016
teddy2011:
I don't understand this write up.... the topic contradicts the details.

The writer is talking about what the president intends to do in the future and not what the country achieved in the past 1 year.....

For instance the case of jobs... the writer is using "will". ... This means they have not been given the jobs.
....The president is still planning to... It is well!

Oh yeah, Rome was built in a year!!
Re: Nine Key Milestones In President Buhari’s First Year: Daily Trust by blexxyn1(m): 1:26pm On May 27, 2016
in my little corner i warned those i could reach out to during elections, its a pity i am sufferring with all those that voted this government into power.

1 Like

Re: Nine Key Milestones In President Buhari’s First Year: Daily Trust by Nobody: 1:34pm On May 27, 2016
wordychap:
I don't think d writer of this article lives in nigeria

The single treasury account is a milestone! GEJ in his donkey years couldn't implement it.

There is now a minimum government as the number of minsters and government offices has been drastically reduced, same as the cost of governance.

About Fighting insecurity, even a blind man know Nigeria is at least a century ahead of where we were in the Jonathan administration. That Dasuki is still in jail is a little evidence!

About Global Diplomacy, Buhari have traveled to the moon and back. of course the many travels come with their cons, but a not so little pros is that we have strengthened our international ties.

On a general note, I live in Nigeria and I know how hard things are right now. Tomato, dollar, fuel and the likes used to be cheaper. The economy used to be more stable. I am aware of these things. But unlike many Nigerians I realize that a lot of things are responsible, not just buhari.

Of course as the head, he takes the blame. All of it. (Another story for another day is why the same Buhari critics didn't lift a finger, or at least a voice during GEJ's time, amidst the very many irregularities, many of which its direct consequence we are suffering today).

Buhari will take the fall for where we are today! I most definitely concur. I only think our support and shared believe in what he is trying to build will be instrumental in helping Buhari win.
Re: Nine Key Milestones In President Buhari’s First Year: Daily Trust by Nobody: 1:39pm On May 27, 2016
blexxyn1:
in my little corner i warned those i could reach out to during elections, its a pity i am sufferring with all those that voted this government into power.

The majority voted him into power because some were his kinsmen and because some believed in what he is building!

We will suffer if that is our price for a better Nigeria.
Re: Nine Key Milestones In President Buhari’s First Year: Daily Trust by tiwiex(m): 1:40pm On May 27, 2016
MarshRiley:
Am sure the writer of this stupid article has never been to Nigeria
Infact,none of the above mentioned points is having effect on the average Nigerian
Who diplomacy,Tsa nd co don help

Future tense is now an achievement. Look at the welfare section. We will .... Will ..... It's not done yet.

2 Likes

Re: Nine Key Milestones In President Buhari’s First Year: Daily Trust by carinmom(f): 1:40pm On May 27, 2016
IceMan85:

Is your state not owing workers?
Bros not only Ekiti, almost all states bro

Kaduna state is not owing, you can confirm from anywhere.
Re: Nine Key Milestones In President Buhari’s First Year: Daily Trust by wordychap: 1:48pm On May 27, 2016
DMeanMan:

The single treasury account is a milestone! GEJ in his donkey years couldn't implement it.

There is now a minimum government as the number of minsters and government offices has been drastically reduced, same as the cost of governance.

About Fighting insecurity, even a blind man know Nigeria is at least a century ahead of where we were in the Jonathan administration. That Dasuki is still in jail is a little evidence!
I
On a general note, I live in Nigeria and I know how hard things are right now. Tomato, dollar, fuel and the likes used to be cheaper. The economy used to be more stable. I am aware of these things. But unlike many Nigerians I realize that a lot of things are responsible, not just buhari.

Of course as the head, he takes the blame. All of it. (Another story for another day is why the same Buhari critics didn't lift a finger, or at least a voice during GEJ's time, amidst the very many irregularities, many of which its direct consequence we are suffering today).

Buhari will take the fall for where we are today! I most definitely concur. I only think our support and shared believe in what he is trying to build will be instrumental in helping Buhari win.
I'll reply to this as other statements aren't worth talking about e.g. many foreign trips; buhari's pastime.

The last govt. initiated d TSA n I wonder y u think they wouldn't v implemented it, they surely would just as d bvn policy was implemented.

This government really is running a minimum government having relived many federal civil servants of their jobs n paying half-salary to many more n u expect me to praise them amidst getting loan to travel to China n expenditure on many funny trips? U sure not serious.

Fighting insecurity; BH was largely confined to sambisa forest largely due to d increase in cooperation of d AU forces just before d first date of d elections in February which warranted a postponement; n it paid off, elections were held even in villages in Maiduguri. I'm sure that momentum would v been maintained but today;
- Fulani herdsmen r holding sway down south; probably a new name for bokoharam in d southern part of d country.
- Militancy that died for close to 7 yrs v suddenly ressurected resultant effect in d economic life of d country can't b over exaggerated.
-Dasuki's offence is bailable; what's happening there is simply a vendetta.

Things are hard! Wow, I'm glad u honest enough to admit but hey, prospects aren't promising!

Why buhari critics didn't lift a finger or voice during GEJ time? R u kidding or what, didn't d whole country revolt on subsidy removal? ( a right decision for that matter), well Nigeria was the fastest growing economy in Africa and d economy was booming, why complain

Look, buhari has been given far more support internally and externally than GEJ n failure on his part is SIMPLY a result of archaic policies; decision to militarize ND etc

Buhari takes d blame of what's happening to d economy n security today 101% but I'm glad he's BEGINNING to realise that this is not 1966 but 2016 n is shifting grounds; returning d pipeline protection contracts, revisiting amnesty programme, forex policy change etc n I wish him well bc I'M a NIGERIAN.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nine Key Milestones In President Buhari’s First Year: Daily Trust by thesicilian: 1:58pm On May 27, 2016
DMeanMan:

Myopic people like you just turn to blind when you see someone you dislike do good.

You just don't want to hear it!

But for your information, EFCC is actually now working!!!

https://www.naij.com/836475-breaking-former-dg-nimasa-jailed-5-years.html

And hypermetropic people like you just fail to go through other comments before rushing to post your own comments devoid of any tangible traces of intellect

thesicilian:

I believe in Buhari, his plans and intentions for Nigeria are good. All I'm saying is, why include what he has not done eg the social welfare scheme, as part of his 1st yr achievements? Didn't know about the NIMASA boss's conviction though, thanx.
Re: Nine Key Milestones In President Buhari’s First Year: Daily Trust by impregnable10(m): 2:03pm On May 27, 2016
The writer must be high on kunu and zobo.
Re: Nine Key Milestones In President Buhari’s First Year: Daily Trust by samuel25(m): 2:21pm On May 27, 2016
Do you call these milestones? The op have problem with his headline, maybe he meant campaign promises.
Re: Nine Key Milestones In President Buhari’s First Year: Daily Trust by Commentus2: 2:48pm On May 27, 2016
temitemi1:
Milestones ko, milerocks ni.
Abi o!

They failed to add: Confirmation as Tomatoes President!!!

A president that can not stabilize ordinary Tomatoes price boasting about stabilizing Oil price, useless cow-man. Dickless mofo ! cheesy
Re: Nine Key Milestones In President Buhari’s First Year: Daily Trust by kennsville(m): 2:58pm On May 27, 2016
nnachukz:
1. Provision of 3million jobs in his first year as promised.
2. Feeding of school children.
3. Payment of N5000 stipend.
4. Reduce insecurity with the importation of Libyan herdsmen to secure our farms and houses.
5. Improved power supply.
6. Reduction of fuel prices to the minimum since independence.
7. Commencement of construction of our federal roads and other infrastructure.
Sia baba, the best working president who has made everything easy, cheap and equally distributed to all Nigerians.
Who doesn't know Buhari has worked wonders.

pls can we just ignore all this, be constructive in our criticisms and wait for 4=years before we sing our songs...
Re: Nine Key Milestones In President Buhari’s First Year: Daily Trust by kennsville(m): 3:04pm On May 27, 2016
pls can we just ignore all this, be constructive in our criticisms and wait for 4=years before we sing our songs...
all this mentioned here are not worthy of mention.

1. Nigerians are still suffering

2. Our leaders still decive unsuspecting once like U *afterall bukky saraki is still the president*.

3. likes of OBJ, GEJ, IBB, TYD etc still walk on the face of the nigerian earth freely and yet nothing happens.

#please dont be deceived and mind your buisiness

Re: Nine Key Milestones In President Buhari’s First Year: Daily Trust by Blakenails(m): 4:14pm On May 27, 2016
Mtcheew.. M ka na ekwu na enwerom Mb.. Amam mgbe m jiri mepe dis nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Nine Key Milestones In President Buhari’s First Year: Daily Trust by seek4usman: 5:10pm On May 27, 2016
MarshRiley:
Am sure the writer of this stupid article has never been to Nigeria
Infact,none of the above mentioned points is having effect on the average Nigerian
Who diplomacy,Tsa nd co don help
. It doesn't have effect on you because you live in the zoo where you belong
Re: Nine Key Milestones In President Buhari’s First Year: Daily Trust by madridsta007(m): 5:20pm On May 27, 2016
mars123:
Not trying to make excuses for the government but seriously the many more profound changes that
Nigerians are expecting from our government, those will take time.
The structure of corruption and mismanagement which previous governments left behind must first be dismantled before a new foundation of progress can be laid.
And President Buhari is no modern-day Hercules.
Cleaning Nigeria's equivalent of the fantastically filthy Augean stables of Greek myth is certainly not a one-year job.

LOL.

Part of the reason why I want this 'change' to continue for an extra 7 years.

By the time 7 years of intense hardship, lies and propaganda hits Nigerians, we would be able to make good decisions with our heads.
Re: Nine Key Milestones In President Buhari’s First Year: Daily Trust by Abti: 6:32pm On May 27, 2016
Translate to Naira and kobo please.
Re: Nine Key Milestones In President Buhari’s First Year: Daily Trust by Kbraims(m): 7:16pm On May 27, 2016
Gone ar does days wen Jonathan was d president mocked nd diss by nairalanders
Re: Nine Key Milestones In President Buhari’s First Year: Daily Trust by cuteboy2: 7:28pm On May 27, 2016
I have just one word for these 9 leprous so called achievements : PATHETIC.
Re: Nine Key Milestones In President Buhari’s First Year: Daily Trust by cuteboy2: 7:32pm On May 27, 2016
samuel25:
Do you call these milestones? The op have problem with his headline, maybe he meant campaign promises.

More like MILE-STORIES!!!
Mtcheeeewww
Re: Nine Key Milestones In President Buhari’s First Year: Daily Trust by kinghazzy(m): 8:23pm On May 27, 2016
DaBullIT:
Bad belle haters

everything is glaring , not propaganda , Continue to lick your wounds for the next 3-7 years

Ko kan aiye
u simply showed dat u ar so wicked. Since u still xpect dis to last for anoda 7 yrs
Re: Nine Key Milestones In President Buhari’s First Year: Daily Trust by sonogo(m): 8:40pm On May 27, 2016
Whoever write this trash have no shame
Re: Nine Key Milestones In President Buhari’s First Year: Daily Trust by jojothaiv(m): 9:14pm On May 27, 2016
temitemi1:
Milestones ko, milerocks ni.
Falls from agbalumo tree...
Re: Nine Key Milestones In President Buhari’s First Year: Daily Trust by jojothaiv(m): 9:19pm On May 27, 2016
DaBullIT:
Bad belle haters

everything is glaring , not propaganda , Continue to lick your wounds for the next 3-7 years

Ko kan aiye
Fantastic but it's your opinion..
Re: Nine Key Milestones In President Buhari’s First Year: Daily Trust by jojothaiv(m): 9:22pm On May 27, 2016
thunderrider:

Indeed at the bolded
Seems you don't understand sarcasm...
Re: Nine Key Milestones In President Buhari’s First Year: Daily Trust by thunderrider: 9:24pm On May 27, 2016
jojothaiv:

Seems you don't understand sarcasm...

I don't understand English that's why
Re: Nine Key Milestones In President Buhari’s First Year: Daily Trust by kole22k(m): 9:24am On May 28, 2016
Quite unfortunate some pple are only here to criticize, some do not know how government is being runs they listen to hear say never mind to dig deep b4 making a judgment, when they put up a write-up u see hate, u see tribal sentiment, u see greed and so on, who doesn't know dat Nigeria is not making money the way it's used to since the crude oil price crumble on international market because of the 40-50yrs oil embargo recently lifted by American who doesn't know d implications of this to other countries who's their major income derived from oil sales. buhari is a man that desire change and meant well to dis great country but one unfortunate thing is he came in at a time of dis economic resession after 16 yrs of corrupt government when impunity is on alarming rate when anybody can sell oil on behalf of d country and divert the proceeds in his pocket when the government officials are smilling to bank at d expenses of the masses bahari has come with the slogan that not business as usual a lot of things must be changed positively. why not giving him enough time to prove himself.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bukola Saraki Meets With Nana Akufo-Addo, Ghanaian President / PHOTOS: Governor Ganduje Inspects Tamburawa Bridge / Kassim Afegbua: Obaseki Remains A Bad Omen For PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.