Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,330 members, 7,780,858 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:57 AM

Storms Of Life - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Storms Of Life (5860 Views)

Ambush Of Life / The Brevity Of Life.. / Acadip Storms Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Storms Of Life by Sissie(f): 7:44am On May 27, 2016
When we think of the storms of life that hit us, we are often overwhelmed by it's force, waiting for it to pass in order to find stability in our lives again.
But what if instead we asked ourselves how can we be the ones that generate stability, regardless of the storm?
I was thinking on this, and I recalled the moment when the Prophet (saw) was in the battle of Uhud where he remarked during one intense period of fighting that wherever he turned he saw Um 'Amara (Nusaybah) fighting to protect him.
Wherever he turned....there she was. Stable, taking charge, fighting and unwavering in her determination regardless of the bloody and fierce battle happening all around her.
That requires a stability built in the heart. A heart in a person that knows that in the moments before, during, and after the storm, their Lord is still Allah, and that what befalls them is for their own benefit, for their own growth, and learning.
Easier said than done, none the less, a goal to strive for. Surely, we are all tested at moments that bring us close to the edge, but Allah promises not to burden any of us with a burden greater than we can bear.
Which means, the stability *is* within us.
May Allah strengthen our hearts to rely on Him and trust Him in moments of our greatest need.

Anytime I'm feeling down about a situation, I ask myself a few questions:
1) What am I supposed to be learning right now?
2) What is Allah reminding me of?
Both questions offer answers that guide my heart through a tough situation or post-situation.

Sometimes, we struggle to find the words. To express our sadness, to express our fears, to express our disappointments, and to express the grief that arrives when the waves of life start beating against the little boxes we have built around ourselves.
And maybe it's because sometimes, words aren't the needed form of communication. Sometimes, it's just tears. Sometimes it's just sitting silently and staring off into the creation of Allah until the soul has finally arrived at some moment of understanding about life.
When the waves arrive in your life, remember, you can always swim towards the shore, you can dive into it's depths and explore, you can surf, you could kayak, and you can trust that the water will carry you where you need to go because waves are only sent by a Teacher who is training you how to live in this life.

Along the way you will doubt. You will doubt yourself, doubt your worth, and doubt that the Creator would want someone like you.
But He isn't asking for someone like you. He's asking for *you*.
You were made with purpose and on purpose. You aren't the accident of particles in the universe colliding and combining.
You are meant to be here and He knows you by name and by every small cell in your body.
So when your intellectual faith is wavering, feel into your body because every cell within it will confirm faith by the mere recognition that you were fashioned carefully and purposefully.
"We have indeed created humankind in the best of molds.”
Quran 95:4 (Surat At-Tin, The Fig)

Megan Wyatt

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Storms Of Life by Faremisodeeq(m): 11:25am On May 27, 2016
.to me it just normal to face challenges. The more you overcome your odds the more stronger you are.

1 Like

Re: Storms Of Life by BL3zzY(f): 11:27am On May 27, 2016
hummm every body with their belive
Re: Storms Of Life by lekan29ice(m): 11:43am On May 27, 2016
Jazakallah khairan
Re: Storms Of Life by hafeezibnfattah(m): 11:50am On May 27, 2016
BaarokaLlaahu feekum. may Allaah increase us in steadfastness and perseverance
Re: Storms Of Life by amdo007(m): 12:20pm On May 27, 2016
Baraka lahu fihi
Re: Storms Of Life by Lukgaf(m): 3:25pm On May 27, 2016
Jazakumllah khaeran
Re: Storms Of Life by Uthman51(m): 3:42pm On May 27, 2016
شكرا لك
Re: Storms Of Life by Yeecar(m): 3:58pm On May 27, 2016
Thank you
Re: Storms Of Life by b03liberty(m): 4:59pm On May 27, 2016
Well said. Trying Time is normal. the best of mankind was as well tried. The iman to withstand and overcome it is we seek.
jazakumulah khairan

(1) (Reply)

Lessons From Hadith 1 Of The Forty Ḥadīth Of An-nawawih / The Ayah That Scared Me Stiff!! / The Month Of Rajab: Is It Permissible To Fast?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.