Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,951 members, 7,803,139 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 10:04 AM

Patients Rejected At LASUTH Due To Overcrowding - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Patients Rejected At LASUTH Due To Overcrowding (3135 Views)

Pregnant Woman Rejected By Cameronian Hospital,Operated By Her Niece In Open Air / LASUTH Performs First Kidney Transplant / Boy Attacked By Dogs Got Infection At Lasuth - Indian Hospital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Patients Rejected At LASUTH Due To Overcrowding by djpalapala(m): 4:27pm On Sep 16, 2009
A time will come when NEMESIS will catch up with all those wicked people in high places that have refused to do the right thing even when they know it. I can't imagine the president of United States going out of America to go for medical checkup in another country, its unimagineable. If all of them at the drop of a hat enter a plane and jet out of the country for medical check-up, then they know that something is wrong with our medical service, so why cant they just do something about it? I believe that the fact that they have the means to go out of the country even for a birthday party and at every opportunity has developed in them a resistance to the plight of the average Nigerian. O Lord, fight for us.
Re: Patients Rejected At LASUTH Due To Overcrowding by Ajike: 4:32pm On Sep 16, 2009
@Allta, For me, as a medical doctor, the well-being of my patient comes first! Every other follows.
[b][/b]

fine, thats how it should be but what in a situation where you're sack because of this singular act, what will you do?
Re: Patients Rejected At LASUTH Due To Overcrowding by Allta(m): 4:46pm On Sep 16, 2009
Ajike:

fine, thats how it should be but what in a situation where you're sack because of this singular act, what will you do?

I've said it, as a medical doctor, the well-being of my patient comes first, if I get sacked, I move on and look elsewhere for an opportunity. A medical doctor can never find himself idle, even if he has to do it voluntary. Having said that, there are those who come into this profession because of the hype and money, there are those who do it simply because of the value they place on saving lives.

The management is clearly at fault, and the State Government shouldn't take this case lightly, if it were in my practise, even the press alone is enough to make people resign from their positions.
Re: Patients Rejected At LASUTH Due To Overcrowding by oge4real(f): 4:48pm On Sep 16, 2009
No comment. cry cry
Re: Patients Rejected At LASUTH Due To Overcrowding by saintiyke(m): 4:57pm On Sep 16, 2009
The fundamenatal in medical pratice is to save lifes not to waste it. Our doctors should consider our 'dyin and soon wil be forgotten
YARA DYE' and forget about union. But if one of these doctors have his son as a patient in that hospital, WILL HE TREAT HIM ?

Saint iyke
Re: Patients Rejected At LASUTH Due To Overcrowding by Allta(m): 5:01pm On Sep 16, 2009
saintiyke:

The fundamenatal in medical pratice is to save lifes not to waste it. Our doctors should consider our 'dyin and soon wil be forgotten
YARA DYE' and forget about union. But if one of these doctors have his son as a patient in that hospital, WILL HE TREAT HIM ?

Saint iyke

Thank you my brother, at best/worst, the management could have at least transfer them to a nearby public hospital, or perhaps make some arrangements with a private practice, eg. Ayinke Hospital and save those precious lives.
Re: Patients Rejected At LASUTH Due To Overcrowding by jidobaba(m): 5:06pm On Sep 16, 2009
Oluschenco:

I dont blame him because professionals are not appointed to posts, but everything in Nigeria is now Political, even to have a good GF, you must sabi person. smiley
bros, you never lie.
akin101:

nigerians ar no longer human beins we are gradually becomin monkeys tongue
we are already monkeys and are in the process of being rebranded cattle. change will only come when we,the youth demand for it at the point of sword. we need that ten-million-man march, if possible a nation-wide downing of tools at all levels/sectors of the economy, more agressive measures if neccesary.
  is there any online venue where we can rally forces? i would rather die fighting than continue this subversive, sub-human kind of life
Re: Patients Rejected At LASUTH Due To Overcrowding by lawrence83: 5:40pm On Sep 16, 2009
Ajike:

@Theseeker, Show me one sector in Nigeria that is functioning?!

none my brother absolutely none angry cry
Ironically yes!
Rebranding sector
striking sector and
travelling sector
sad sad sad sad
Re: Patients Rejected At LASUTH Due To Overcrowding by BlackRevo: 5:59pm On Sep 16, 2009
dumodust:

it is people like black revo that will go back and sue when they are treated under a mango tree. Shame no dey catcg una, so wartime is a perfect comparison to the nigerian situation. Medicine if you haven't noticed has a medicolegal aspect, dont touch what you cant manage adequately or it's jail time for. The human nature has taught doctors a lesson and i'm glad that they're adapting, Humanitarian my foot. Thank God you now realise that there's a shortage in manpower. next time if they ask for more pay, attack them

Why should i sue if i am treated under a mango tree when the ultimate goal which i am looking at is for me to get well and be saved? I am not that kind of person. When my hand got broken because i could not afford the expensive medical bill. i have to do it the traditional way and i was treated on the floor. Today my hand is good and working for me. So what is the significance of a bed not that i dont see the importance. Not having a bed should not be an hindrance to save life. We are africans for heavens sake and we have all these misconceptions because of western values ad ideas. Have you asked your self how they practice medical treatment in asia side by side with western ideas. The west were first against acupuncture and many other asian ways of treatment but what do we have today?

You think the Nigerian situation is not worst than a war time or why are they going on strike all the time? The western ideas you are shouting about will not even have it as an option with way our health sector his today. saving life is a priority first before bed, if you are talking about equipment that is understandable but not ordinary bed cmon.
Re: Patients Rejected At LASUTH Due To Overcrowding by MUZBO(m): 7:57pm On Sep 16, 2009
Black_Revo:

Why should i sue if i am treated under a mango tree when the ultimate goal which i am looking at is for me to get well and be saved? I am not that kind of person. When my hand got broken because i could not afford the expensive medical bill. i have to do it the traditional way and i was treated on the floor. Today my hand is good and working for me. So what is the significance of a bed not that i dont see the importance. Not having a bed should not be an hindrance to save life. We are africans for heavens sake and we have all these misconceptions because of western values ad ideas. Have you asked your self how they practice medical treatment in asia side by side with western ideas. The west were first against acupuncture and many other asian ways of treatment but what do we have today?

You think the Nigerian situation is not worst than a war time or why are they going on strike all the time? The western ideas you are shouting about will not even have it as an option with way our health sector his today. saving life is a priority first before bed, if you are talking about equipment that is understandable but not ordinary bed cmon.
See this trash-talking tramp-a$s toddler o! You started a tread for God's sake and you missed the main point. Here it is: a patient complained that he wasn't treated well by a Dr that breeched 'protocol' to save a life and he was suspended without pay. Don't you come here and say a bed doesn't matter as if you know whats happening in hospitals. Have you seen mothers put their babies on their laps while the baby is receiving drips and they have to sit there all night because there's no bed? If it pains you then go to LASUTH and pack and those patients to your trusty traditional healer and let them sleep on the floor. Beds in hospitals are as important as the Drs themselves. Fool like you!
Re: Patients Rejected At LASUTH Due To Overcrowding by Dave6: 8:24pm On Sep 16, 2009
Some people don't seem to understand the issue here, treating a patient on the floor or the ceiling should not a problem for any doctor. Look at the post once more, first, the doctors were outnumbered by the patients and the little facility overwhelmed. That alone in any part of this world is enough to warrant poor service. The doctors cannot duplicate themselves, remember they are human beings.  Then one doctor (which I'm sure, out of many who were guilty of treating patients not on bed), got reported by one patient who he treated one a wheel chair. What do you expect the rest of the doctors to do? All get suspended?
It was the management that brought about this consequence, not the doctors. Someone's saying even if he's fired, a doctor can never be idle.
Hope you know the services doctors render in this country (esp. in government hospitals) is solely on human sympathy, because they are not even being compensated for the work they do. This is not a matter of entering medical profession for hype and money; I don't believe that there's anybody that doesn't place value on saving human lives and voluntary work is the normal everyday activity of all doctors. Besides, even people outside the healthcare system know that there's no reasonable compensation doctors get from the gov't., so even if there exists someone that's in solely for the money, you'll definitely not find him in that hospital.
As I said, it was the management that brought about this senseless decision as far as I am concerned, cos even in the western world where this orthodox medicine began, doctors save their patients on the floor.
It's just us(Nigerians) that don't use our brains; with our terrible infrastructure and administration, we are following what people in far advanced countries set aside as laws and have now discarded because of its deficiencies/setbacks, instead of following what suits our current situation.
This is just the beginning of what this rubbish healthcare system (and the way we do things generally and accept rubbish) would turn into very soon if adequate reforms are not carried out early.
Nigeria needs a government with at least normal sensible human beings for anything to change.
Re: Patients Rejected At LASUTH Due To Overcrowding by BlackRevo: 9:04pm On Sep 16, 2009
MUZBO:

See this trash-talking tramp-a$s toddler o! You started a tread for God's sake and you missed the main point. Here it is: a patient complained that he wasn't treated well by a Dr that breeched 'protocol' to save a life and he was suspended without pay. Don't you come here and say a bed doesn't matter as if you know whats happening in hospitals. Have you seen mothers put their babies on their laps while the baby is receiving drips and they have to sit there all night because there's no bed? If it pains you then go to LASUTH and pack and those patients to your trusty traditional healer and let them sleep on the floor. Beds in hospitals are as important as the Drs themselves. Fool like you!

Do you realize this is a public forum and you have no right to abuse someone? I have a different view than should not warrant insults. i was replying someone and not you okay.  Well peace to you goodbye.

Romans 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools

A drowning man will cling to a straw
Re: Patients Rejected At LASUTH Due To Overcrowding by BlackRevo: 9:14pm On Sep 16, 2009
Dav.e:

Some people don't seem to understand the issue here, treating a patient on the floor or the ceiling should not a problem for any doctor. Look at the post once more, first, the doctors were outnumbered by the patients and the little facility overwhelmed. That alone in any part of this world is enough to warrant poor service. The doctors cannot duplicate themselves, remember they are human beings.  Then one doctor (which I'm sure, out of many who were guilty of treating patients not on bed), got reported by one patient who he treated one a wheel chair. What do you expect the rest of the doctors to do? All get suspended?
It was the management that brought about this consequence, not the doctors. Someone's saying even if he's fired, a doctor can never be idle.
Hope you know the services doctors render in this country (esp. in government hospitals) is solely on human sympathy, because they are not even being compensated for the work they do. This is not a matter of entering medical profession for hype and money; I don't believe that there's anybody that doesn't place value on saving human lives and voluntary work is the normal everyday activity of all doctors. Besides, even people outside the healthcare system know that there's no reasonable compensation doctors get from the gov't., so even if there exists someone that's in solely for the money, you'll definitely not find him in that hospital.
As I said, it was the management that brought about this senseless decision as far as I am concerned, cos even in the western world where this orthodox medicine began, doctors save their patients on the floor.
It's just us(Nigerians) that don't use our brains; with our terrible infrastructure and administration, we are following what people in far advanced countries set aside as laws and have now discarded because of its deficiencies/setbacks, instead of following what suits our current situation.
This is just the beginning of what this rubbish healthcare system (and the way we do things generally and accept rubbish) would turn into very soon if adequate reforms are not carried out early.
Nigeria needs a government with at least normal sensible human beings for anything to change.

Thank you my brother, exactly my position and what i am explaining above only for someone to now insult me.

We have to do what suits us, i want to make a case for the patient who reported to the management that he is just having the same view like an average nigerian politician who goes abroad to treat mere cold. He feels he doesn't deserve it and he reported to an insensitive management who reasons like him as well because they all are well to do. These people are not like an average Nigerian who have a different view. The Management should respect the view of every Nigerian provided that both the patient and the doctor are willingly to go through that process.

Will dangote want to be treated on the floor under any circumstance? No because he feels he has the money, prestige and all that so he believes he does not deserve it. For some people as a poor and average Nigerian they don't mind you treating them on the floor provided their life is saved and they are healed.  That is my position.
Re: Patients Rejected At LASUTH Due To Overcrowding by MUZBO(m): 9:52pm On Sep 16, 2009
Allta:

I've said it, as a medical doctor, the well-being of my patient comes first, if I get sacked, I move on and look elsewhere for an opportunity. A medical doctor can never find himself idle, even if he has to do it voluntary. Having said that, there are those who come into this profession because of the hype and money, there are those who do it simply because of the value they place on saving lives.

The management is clearly at fault, and the State Government shouldn't take this case lightly, if it were in my practise, even the press alone is enough to make people resign from their positions.
What do you mean by you'll get another job? Of course there are 'kabukabu' jobs out there for any Dr who needs it but this is residency job. You think it is easy to get? To get sacked for helping a patient? - why now? Why also should a Dr work voluntarily in this country where govt doesn't care? Have you been brainwashed? Please tell us why you joined the profession o, Mr Values. Ssssssssssttttttttteeeeeeeeewwwww!
Re: Patients Rejected At LASUTH Due To Overcrowding by MUZBO(m): 9:52pm On Sep 16, 2009
Some people just come here and type because they have a desktop and type-happy fingers. Get the facts first then let it loose!
Re: Patients Rejected At LASUTH Due To Overcrowding by OvieE: 10:54pm On Sep 16, 2009
Ajike:

@Theseeker, Show me one sector in Nigeria that is functioning?!

none my brother absolutely none angry cry

I cannot answer this questions because there is no sector I can point my finger.
Re: Patients Rejected At LASUTH Due To Overcrowding by arogbowei: 11:26pm On Sep 16, 2009
Let's stop insulting ourselves over the failings of our rulers, it's not worth it. The facilities in LASUTH is inadequate, the manpower not sufficient. Take it or leave it Lagos population is not helping matters. Government's knee jerk approach too is not encouraging. Solution? Expand the facilities, employ and train more manpower. Ditto for LUTH, National Hospital, Abuja and all other General Hospitals across the country.

Let's not fight over this.

http://www.tourismonitor..com/
Re: Patients Rejected At LASUTH Due To Overcrowding by Nobody: 5:01am On Sep 17, 2009
shocked shocked angry
Re: Patients Rejected At LASUTH Due To Overcrowding by Nobody: 8:34am On Sep 17, 2009
arogbowei:

Let's stop insulting ourselves over the failings of our rulers, it's not worth it. The facilities in LASUTH is inadequate, the manpower not sufficient. Take it or leave it Lagos population is not helping matters. Government's knee jerk approach too is not encouraging. Solution? Expand the facilities, employ and train more manpower. Ditto for LUTH, National Hospital, Abuja and all other General Hospitals across the country.

Let's not fight over this.

http://www.tourismonitor..com/
While not trying to be cynical, are you also aware that 98% of the people that flock to LASUTH do not pay their Lagos state taxes. Yet they expect excellent treatment from a STATE OWNED facility. The reason there is overcrowding in LASUTH is because of the upgrade and recent renovations that the state govt made. Most people prefer to go there rather than LUTH cos they expect better services there.
Re: Patients Rejected At LASUTH Due To Overcrowding by MUZBO(m): 11:12am On Sep 17, 2009
Black_Revo:

Do you realize this is a public forum and you have no right to abuse someone? I have a different view than should not warrant insults. i was replying someone and not you okay.  Well peace to you goodbye.

Romans 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools

A drowning man will cling to a straw
Comot there! You were biased from the let go. I knew this because you emboldened most of the points of the thread which is classic for a biased mind like yours. I have no apologies( wish you could read my lips). Next time try to be disinterested on a 'public forum'.
I'm sure at your traditional healers' you were treated on a bed so don't come and lie here.

"Smart people talk because they have something to say, dumb people talk because they want to say something". What else do you want to say?
Re: Patients Rejected At LASUTH Due To Overcrowding by saworoide: 11:58am On Sep 17, 2009
As long as our leaders continue to jet out to have medical treatment abroad, they will never pay attention to the health sector. The day they started establishing private secondary schools and private universities education sector started taking the bashing.

PDP has said they will rule this country for the next 60 years. God save Nigeria.
Re: Patients Rejected At LASUTH Due To Overcrowding by Nobody: 1:13pm On Sep 17, 2009
saworoide:

As long as our leaders continue to jet out to have medical treatment abroad, they will never pay attention to the health sector. The day they started establishing private secondary schools and private universities education sector started taking the bashing.

PDP has said they will rule this country for the next 60 years. God save Nigeria.

For where, this is their last term ever
I trust Gani Fawehinmi would not sleep in heaven
Now that he is Immortal he would walk hand in hand with God to destroy all this People
Re: Patients Rejected At LASUTH Due To Overcrowding by dupsytosh(f): 2:58pm On Sep 17, 2009
Quote from: Allta on Yesterday at 04:46:03 PM

d doctors are nt 2 be blamed here. d culprit is d overgrown pumpkin (dat is obviously used 2 travln out 4 medical check-up) nd instead of thankn d doctor nd God 4 saving his life turned arnd 2 accuse d doctor. wat if he had died, wu wuld he av accused in hell, ?
Just dat where 2 elephants fights d grass suffer.

dey r all humans nd dey also av families 2 feed. if d suspensn were 2 be more dan one month wat will he feed his family? who will remember him den?

Being a doctor shuldnt be abt "d hype and money" alone, bt money is sure a big factor. Even d Bible expects us 2 make profit, we all sow wit d hope of reapn. dis doctors av invested a lot of their money, time nd energy 2 get where they r now, so shuldnt dey expect smtn in return for all their years of labour? u talk as if d job is sooo easy 2 get. go and ask d job seekers wat its like 2 be without job.

The fault is mainly from d government, God knows there many graduate doctors out there lookn 4 employment nd d money is there (cos wen arrested by EFCC, we hear dem talk in billions), so there shuld be no reason 4 man power shortage nd lack of facility
Re: Patients Rejected At LASUTH Due To Overcrowding by reindeer: 10:32pm On Sep 17, 2009
Thanks dupsy.
The Allta guy sounds like an idealistic 2nd year med student who doesnt have any responsibilities yet.

Even if Nija doctor works for charity, e no concern the market woman who will even hike her costs if she gets to know you are doctor.

Like im saying its all a failure of the system,not the doctors.
Re: Patients Rejected At LASUTH Due To Overcrowding by kalabi: 11:02am On Sep 18, 2009
we need bloody revolution in nigeria, until it get to that level there would not be any reasonable changeS in Nigeria. We will just continue complaining and the government know that after complaining nothing we happen, if they know that they are not save even among their kingsmen they will change.

Nobody is ready to die or to be a sacrifical lamb in this country. we will continue like that, God can not come down and change this nation for us, we have to change it ourselves.

ASUU problem? if all nigeria student can match to national assembly, Aso rock, and disturb their daily debate on hw to embestle fund which they always do, may be something will be done.
Re: Patients Rejected At LASUTH Due To Overcrowding by Nobody: 11:13am On Sep 18, 2009
Sane Governmental parastatals still.
Culprits. Kpieesww.
Re: Patients Rejected At LASUTH Due To Overcrowding by monopolist: 8:49pm On Sep 18, 2009
Show me one sector in Nigeria that is functioning?!

1. Corruption Sector
2. Religious Fanatics Sector
3. Militant Kidnappers Sector

Wake up now or now.
Re: Patients Rejected At LASUTH Due To Overcrowding by monopolist: 9:29pm On Sep 18, 2009
I see our Father in Heaven dispatching Angels to heal and rescue the sick crowd at LASUTH and there will be no more death in Jesus Christ name. Amen

I believe a company of Angels will be released to resurrect, restore and salvage Nigeria, Nigerians and believers.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Here's The Natural/herbal Cure For Weak, Low Or No Erection At All / 5 Ways To Promote Regular Ovulation / Doctors Stop This Act Please!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.