Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,902 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:43 AM

Diamond Bank Sacking Staff This Morning - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Diamond Bank Sacking Staff This Morning (52024 Views)

Globacom Denies Sacking Female Staff Due To Marital Status / First Bank, Whtycleon Sacking Staff Massively / Diamond Bank Salary Scale: How Much Does Diamond Bank Pay Staff? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diamond Bank Sacking Staff This Morning by litaninja(m): 3:43am On May 28, 2016
Was APC responsible when Diamond did same thing last year?
Re: Diamond Bank Sacking Staff This Morning by NickD(m): 5:37am On May 28, 2016
holamiday:
What, for goodness' sake is wrong with this country. Belittling the ruling party is such a reprehensible act by the PDP. In developed countries, the opposition understand the fact that they have no choice but to support the party in power. Why can't we copy the same? The country is bigger than any political party. Is this what PDP will continue to do till 2019? Putting the reigning party down? Praying and hoping things go wrong so they can gain points? Is it worth it? Why is Africa this backward & blind? It's so pathetic, i tell you. Why can't we all come together and support whoever is in power? I'm yet to see anything as complicated as Nigerian politics. Africa is such a huge mess. Everyone is just out for their own selfish motives. Where do we go from here?

I'm so disappointed. I wish things could go just perfectly.
APC deployed such tactics to put Nigerians in the misery all over the country. So y can't PDP do same?
Re: Diamond Bank Sacking Staff This Morning by greatman247(m): 6:40am On May 28, 2016
Omo the thing pain PDP wella. The fact remains that they lost the 2015 Presidential election. No matter the criticism it will change that fact. The truth is that if PDP won it would have been even worst than as it is now. Because they invested a lot of money into that 2015 Presidential election. If they have won they will syphon every kobo they put into that election and even take interest abi na profit. Thank God they lost anyway. If u guys happens to win come 2019 we shall see what u will do, we shall see the magic they will equally perform. Although I know they won't win anyway cos they always have confusion in choosing who to lead, they quarrel over everything. Their member taking their party to court, member fighting other member, there is no unity in PDP. APC usually shift ground when there's trouble but PDP maintains status quo because of selfish interest, look at Sheriff and Makarfi. Despite the fact that the members don't want Sheriff, he still head bent on pursuing his selfish interest. Because people like Fayose and Wike and co hand picked him and force it on members, against party interest. Now when they can do that at the party level, what kind of democracy will they practice at Presidential and other General elections around the country come 2019?
Re: Diamond Bank Sacking Staff This Morning by Nobody: 8:51am On May 28, 2016
It is just so hard for me to believe that some APC members still cant read the handwriting. they criticize the PDP for criticizing GMB and APC and forgetting that PDP is not doing 0.5% of what APC did to PDP. There was armed robbery in Lagos and Fashola and indeed the whole of APC blamed it on GEJ. APC took their campaign of calumny to every part of the developed world painting the government in very bad light. It takes a lot of guts and intelligence to rule Nigeria. They are shouting corruption, corruption, and one year later, there is no credible prosecution of anybody. Now they turn around and start arresting people for campaign funding. All of us know the source of the funding for Buhari's election. If he is corrupt free, let him declare that to Nigerians and prosecute those who looted their state to fund his campaign.
Re: Diamond Bank Sacking Staff This Morning by adorable29(f): 9:28am On May 28, 2016
Oh no.... Hope peeps i know are not affected.

Although there customer care services in a particular branch in Benin is really terrible. This people frustrated can frustrate someone ehn. Na those kinds deserve the sack.
Re: Diamond Bank Sacking Staff This Morning by Dimaya: 1:27pm On May 28, 2016
You are the ones who cook the food, so why complain about the quality. If you don't like the pay, leave the job and start farming. But don't come here and badmouth a company that feeds you.

Do you think it is easy to run a business in Nigeria. Things are getting tough and yet you still get wages. I have friends who work in ekiti and have not been paid for 6months

charger025:
Ministry of Labour should look into this issue:

Recently, Genesis Group Nigeria, the company that owns the Genesis Restaurant and Deluxe Cinemas chain cut workers’ salaries by various percentages, with some workers even getting a 50% pay cut and some getting sacked for no reason but “the situation of the economy”.

Yes, we all know the economy is bad but as insiders, we know how much the company makes monthly and how much of our blood and sweat is put into making those billions for them.

Sometimes we are slaved tirelessly, even till late hours without getting paid overtime (company policy) all in the name of meeting “a quota”. Note: The economy doesn’t affect the company, they increased prices of their food et al to match the situation, yet they’re cutting salaries. Even if they didn’t increase prices, they would still be making profits of over 70% on most items.

Drivers and Kitchen Staff that previously earned a meagre N30,000 now earn between N15000 – N20000 and most of them can barely afford to feed their families, not to even talk about fees, rent and other bills.

A widow who works as a staff here said one of her 2 children has to stay at home next term because she can’t afford his school fees and she’s hardly employable anywhere else. The rate at which people are being laid off is unfair & inhumane not to talk about the way staff are treated.

I’ve worked in this company for years and each day I pray to God that I find a better job at a company that values its workers. Honestly, over 95% of staff here are only here because they haven’t gotten anything better and would gladly leave at the slightest opportunity.

The company owns several restaurants but can’t feed its workers properly, the food we are given is what prisoners would reject, most times its half-cooked, excessively salty, no maggi and the worst of all, no meat and they can’t even provide water for us to drink.

I am pained, I am angry, how do I explain to my children that they can no longer have 3 square meals because “my oga at the top” is a heartless and inconsiderate man who only cares about how much he makes while neglecting the large number of families he’s destroying.

If you go to any Genesis Fast food, you’d never know of our plight because the staff are forced to put on fake smiles and pretend to customers, while suffering inside. There’s no point for people to patronize Genesis anymore when despite all the money you spend, it’s all going to the pocket of one person while we the “money generators” are treated like slaves.

We have nobody to fight for us. Anybody that opposes, gets fired instantly and their terminal benefits forfeited. We know that even if the economy gets better tomorrow, our salaries will not be restored because we work for greedy sets of human beings.

We live in a country where employers get away with all sorts of things because the system doesn’t work. A company where your boss can walk in and slap you for no reason or maybe because someone annoyed him at home, is that one company?

To all of you bringing your CVs, we here are struggling to leave. God help us all. Shalom.
Re: Diamond Bank Sacking Staff This Morning by Nobody: 2:29pm On May 28, 2016
cyphher:
You are very stupid

the truth hurts right.. i know hah sha hahsahah ahahaha hahHHA AAhA
Re: Diamond Bank Sacking Staff This Morning by Nobody: 2:37pm On May 28, 2016
charger025:
Ministry of Labour should look into this issue:

Recently, Genesis Group Nigeria, the company that owns the Genesis Restaurant and Deluxe Cinemas chain cut workers’ salaries by various percentages, with some workers even getting a 50% pay cut and some getting sacked for no reason but “the situation of the economy”.

Yes, we all know the economy is bad but as insiders, we know how much the company makes monthly and how much of our blood and sweat is put into making those billions for them.

Sometimes we are slaved tirelessly, even till late hours without getting paid overtime (company policy) all in the name of meeting “a quota”. Note: The economy doesn’t affect the company, they increased prices of their food et al to match the situation, yet they’re cutting salaries. Even if they didn’t increase prices, they would still be making profits of over 70% on most items.

Drivers and Kitchen Staff that previously earned a meagre N30,000 now earn between N15000 – N20000 and most of them can barely afford to feed their families, not to even talk about fees, rent and other bills.

A widow who works as a staff here said one of her 2 children has to stay at home next term because she can’t afford his school fees and she’s hardly employable anywhere else. The rate at which people are being laid off is unfair & inhumane not to talk about the way staff are treated.

I’ve worked in this company for years and each day I pray to God that I find a better job at a company that values its workers. Honestly, over 95% of staff here are only here because they haven’t gotten anything better and would gladly leave at the slightest opportunity.

The company owns several restaurants but can’t feed its workers properly, the food we are given is what prisoners would reject, most times its half-cooked, excessively salty, no maggi and the worst of all, no meat and they can’t even provide water for us to drink.

I am pained, I am angry, how do I explain to my children that they can no longer have 3 square meals because “my oga at the top” is a heartless and inconsiderate man who only cares about how much he makes while neglecting the large number of families he’s destroying.

If you go to any Genesis Fast food, you’d never know of our plight because the staff are forced to put on fake smiles and pretend to customers, while suffering inside. There’s no point for people to patronize Genesis anymore when despite all the money you spend, it’s all going to the pocket of one person while we the “money generators” are treated like slaves.

We have nobody to fight for us. Anybody that opposes, gets fired instantly and their terminal benefits forfeited. We know that even if the economy gets better tomorrow, our salaries will not be restored because we work for greedy sets of human beings.

We live in a country where employers get away with all sorts of things because the system doesn’t work. A company where your boss can walk in and slap you for no reason or maybe because someone annoyed him at home, is that one company?

To all of you bringing your CVs, we here are struggling to leave. God help us all. Shalom.
Like seriously?I'm more than astonished.This is vehemently pitiable.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mother Of 3 Rides Keke In Umuahia (Photos) / Modern Day Slavery At GTB Contact Center / Wendy Okolo, The First Black Woman To Earn A Doctorate In Aerospace Engineering

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.