Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,826 members, 7,802,640 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:04 PM

Top 6 Reasons Why Real Estate In Banana Island Is The Most Expensive When Compar - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Top 6 Reasons Why Real Estate In Banana Island Is The Most Expensive When Compar (29709 Views)

Top 10 Most Expensive Homes Around The World / ₦151Billion: World's Most Expensive Home, This Is What It Looks Like(Photos) / Top 6 Reasons Why the Lagos Rent-to-Own Scheme is Great (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 6 Reasons Why Real Estate In Banana Island Is The Most Expensive When Compar by 19naia(m): 4:50pm On May 28, 2016
Even Miami is cheaper than Banana Island with these offerings shown in the Photo. Full time water or Electricity supply and the other key factors in Banana Island are not even mentioned in Miami because those are standard ammenities even in the city slums or bush villages far beyond the Miami area cities.
The entire city in general is more appealing and affordable than BananA Island. Overpriced and cheating the value of the Naira out of a fair place on the international currency Market. No need compare that Island to the posh neighborhoods of the world. It doesnt even compare well to entire cities in many countries around the world.

1 Like

Re: Top 6 Reasons Why Real Estate In Banana Island Is The Most Expensive When Compar by Frankicent(m): 7:27pm On May 28, 2016
CzarRex:
you attack me because you know I am saying the truth,isn't it what you guys are fond of doing online?
I don't know oo

1 Like

Re: Top 6 Reasons Why Real Estate In Banana Island Is The Most Expensive When Compar by Nobody: 11:02pm On May 28, 2016
19naia:
Wow, in USA, all those things come as a basic standard for all people, even with police patrol in cars (and helicopters if needed) for security.
The poorest areas in my city all have those things. And the poorest are paid and subsidized well enough to have those things.
Thats why Nigeria is overpriced and Naira value falls. Dollar buys all those things at a very cheap price in USA while mega millions of Naira are needed for the same in Nigeria. Therefore $1 buys you 4 tomatoes in USA, while N500 buys you 4 tomatoes in Nigeria.
Don't be decieved, Banana Island does not compare to Any of those posh places around the world, maybe ot compares in price but not in quality and offerings. Miami beach area alone is spread out beyond the size of Lagos with a fraction of the population and superb quality beyond banana Island and a price that is within reach.
I can easily think of a hundred places i would rather be than Banana island. And to think even a salary of N1million a month is not enough to get into banana Island, but this hotel in Houston can be lived in everyday for that amount. And lets not talk about what you will find down the road as you exit Banana Island. I am sure this hotel in Houton will still be part of true general quality even when you travel 20 kilometers beyond the vicinity said hotel.
General quality of life that can reach beyond just a few embezzlers and crooks ,is a true sign of quality worthy of pride.

See d hotel i paid $80 a night(on discount price) for in Houston city USA that surpasses any hotel in Lagos charging above $160 a night.
I have even stayed in places in USA for $50 a night that are in areas with ammenities i would prefer over banana Island any day.
Make the Banana Island standard reach general public at a fair price and then you will have true pride to bear.

It's my fantasy that every single NYSC graduate should be given a government sponsored foreign trip to a 1st world country of their choice. I think the exposure will greatly help the youth.

The OP is celebrating 24/7 water and electricity and good road, Jesus H Krist, these are the basic needs of the society that government ought to be providing to ALL citizens.

2 Likes

Re: Top 6 Reasons Why Real Estate In Banana Island Is The Most Expensive When Compar by grandstar(m): 11:24pm On May 28, 2016
Banana Island does not have the most expensive real estate in Lagos.

The fight is between Ozumba Mbadiwe, Kingsway Road now called Alfred Rewane Road and Adeola Odeku.

These are the most expensive streets in Lagos.

The last miles of Ozumba Mbadiwe near the toll gate cost a bomb i.e. around 400,000 to 1m per sq.m

Still real estate is quite cheap when compared to other parts of the world.

In Monaco, land goes for around $60,000 per sq.m. So a plot of land there can easily go for around $40m

For those heckling the OP for hyping Banana Island, they do have a point when they say the services provided are standard in even average places in other cities in the world.

But it must be drummed into their heads that prices of property is based not really on the quality of the infrastructure but on the forces of demand and supply.

That is why high density Manhattan commands higher prices than some low density posh neighbourhoods in the world.

Stop comparing Banana Island with Miami Beach. It fails to achieve the point here.
Re: Top 6 Reasons Why Real Estate In Banana Island Is The Most Expensive When Compar by kapai(m): 2:01pm On May 29, 2016
olajizz01:
Are u joking or u don't read the article,land alone cost hundreds of millions and billion in banana island depending on the size,are we not privy on amount house is sold in that maitama u are talking about.pls stop the joke.

Are you allergic to peoples opinion..?Go make finds on the cost of lands in maitama.

1 Like

Re: Top 6 Reasons Why Real Estate In Banana Island Is The Most Expensive When Compar by Joetoniruest: 8:57am On May 31, 2016
Thanks guys for your comments and contributions. Contact JOE ETONIRU & ASSOCIATES for professional realtors today;

Article source: http://www.joetoniruest.com/blog_detail/6/Top-6-Reasons-Why-Real-Estate-In-Banana-Island-Is-The-Most-Expensive-When-Compared-To-How-Much-Lekki-And-Victoria-Island-Property-Cost

Chidebere Etoniru
JOE ETONIRU & ASSOCIATES | Estate Surveyors & Valuers
Plot 30| Olawale Onitiri Avenue || Lekki phase 1
Lagos | Nigeria
+234 802163583 | +234 8134104128 |
www.joetoniruest.com | info@joetoniruest.com @joetoniruest on twitter and instagram

Re: Top 6 Reasons Why Real Estate In Banana Island Is The Most Expensive When Compar by vicmoore(m): 10:11am On May 31, 2016
CzarRex:
FTC

waiting for those igbo boys to storm this thread claiming they were the ones who developed banana island.

Pls how OLD are you!

1 Like

Re: Top 6 Reasons Why Real Estate In Banana Island Is The Most Expensive When Compar by Joetoniruest: 12:11pm On May 31, 2016
Thanks for the comments on our wonderful post...

You need property for sale, Buy, lease or rent, feel free to contact us today

Chidebere Etoniru
JOE ETONIRU & ASSOCIATES | Estate Surveyors & Valuers
Plot 30| Olawale Onitiri Avenue || Lekki phase 1
Lagos | Nigeria
+234 802163583 | +234 8134104128 |
www.joetoniruest.com | info@joetoniruest.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Reconstruction Diary Of A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Ajah (the Face Lift) / Meet The Bird, Architect That Didnt Attend Any School / How Much It Will Cost Me To Build 3 Bedroom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.