Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,588 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:51 PM

I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up (33623 Views)

Photos Of A Man And His Adorable Triplet Daughters Who All Look Like Him / Mother Baths & Bottle Feeds Her Grown Up Daughter On Her Birthday (Photos) / It's Going To 5years I Got Married And I Still Dont Feel Close To My Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by Airforce1(m): 8:14pm On May 27, 2016
So today I took my niece to go play with her mates at Sweet sensation children funfair in my crib..
She was so happy playing with her mates and I on the other side keeping an eye on her got carried away by the thought of not having enough love by that man that called himself my father back in the days as a kid.

I remember my dad beating me up at every slightest provocation even on children's day.

He is a bad man
I remember catching him with a strange woman while momma was away
But he fucking deceived me she was his course mate back in university.

What made me hate him more was the day he flogged me in the presence of my child hood girl friend .
I can't forget that day.
He messed me up so badly that I had to run to momma to ask if that man was actually my father.

I hate him with passion.

Till these present day that I'm grown up , I don't even call him , I don't care about him... I only care about mom because she gave me confidence , showed me love and treat me right .

So to the parents reading my story, you've got to be not just mom and dad to your children , you've got to be friends with them too so they don't go online and write my kind of story about you when they became adults.

Thanks for reading.
Airforce!

155 Likes 14 Shares

Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by DickDastardly(m): 8:17pm On May 27, 2016
No cool

1 Like

Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by feldido(m): 8:19pm On May 27, 2016
I feel your pain, I have been there angry

21 Likes

Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by nikkypearl(f): 8:20pm On May 27, 2016
I hate to be the third to comment on a rustic thread angry angry

Do you know you ain't doing anybody a favour by forgiving?bitterness is like a poison,when you harbor it within,everything around you begins to wither away!

77 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by LesbianBoy(m): 8:22pm On May 27, 2016
Airforce1...

54 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by ojun50(m): 8:24pm On May 27, 2016
Why u they lie for dat old man head na

10 Likes

Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by thesicilian: 8:24pm On May 27, 2016
I love my parents deep down to the bone.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by remsonik(f): 8:29pm On May 27, 2016
You only keep hurting yourself more as you haven't forgiven him. I love my parents a lot. My dad is my favorite

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by ebamma(m): 8:30pm On May 27, 2016
Make i talk true.

I suppose hate my Old man pass you sef,

but i don't.
Me were him don beat with bicycle chain,

Punch me like Mike Tyson,

Flog me with the biggest cane.

But that didn't make me hate him,

It only made me want to be a better man than him.

That's why i hate seeing kids being beaten,

many a times, i always intervene and stop their Parents from beating 'em.

136 Likes 11 Shares

Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by calliope(f): 8:31pm On May 27, 2016
same here...i hate my dad.

10 Likes

Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by waxxydude: 8:41pm On May 27, 2016
Was cool with my parents. But the only thing i hated bout my dad was how the man dashes me knock whether excited or angered.

The 1st day i dodge his knock (@ 17) the guy say i don join cult. chai. e nor gree me sleep for house.. omo na ma pastor, shurch members and neighbours beg for me dah day o. grin

177 Likes 18 Shares

Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by B4UIWAZ(f): 8:43pm On May 27, 2016
I had problem with mom when I was 14 but we cool now
So forgive bro

2 Likes

Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by Nobody: 8:45pm On May 27, 2016
What's up nah!
LesbianBoy:
Airforce1...
Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by Vivly(f): 8:46pm On May 27, 2016
You are not alone nigga
Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by Nobody: 8:48pm On May 27, 2016
bro U jst av to forget N forgive

1 Like

Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by Damscrob(m): 9:41pm On May 27, 2016
Lol forgive him joor
Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by Nobody: 9:43pm On May 27, 2016
He flogged you in presence of your childhood gf so that you won't end up like Yinusa Yellow who forcefully spank Ese Oruru a 13 year old

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by sugarbeesmith(m): 9:43pm On May 27, 2016
you don't know the value of what you have until you loose it......you should show much love to your dad especially now that he's still alive no matter what happened in the past cus if he dies I bet you will regret not loving him while he was still with you....I was in the same shoe until I lost my dad .now I keep regretting not showing him love ....

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by free2ryhme: 9:43pm On May 27, 2016
Airforce1:
So today I took my niece to go play with her mates at Sweet sensation children funfair in my crib..
She was so happy playing with her mates and I on the other side keeping an eye on her got carried away by the thought of not having enough love by that man that called himself my father back in the days as a kid.

I remember my dad beating me up at every slightest provocation even on children's day.

He is a bad man

What made me hate him more was the day he flogged me in the presence of my child hood girl friend .
I can't forget that day.
He messed me up so badly that I had to run to momma to ask if that man was actually my father.

I hate him with passion.

Till these present day that I'm grown up , I don't even call him , I don't care about him... I only care about mom because she gave me confidence , showed me love and treat me right .

So to the parents reading my story, you've got to be not just mom and dad to your children , you've got to be friends with them too so they don't go online and write my kind of story about you when they became adults.

Thanks for reading.
Airforce!

congrats for coming online to rubbish your dad

seun go give you medal

he that is without sin cast the first stone

guy you should learn that somethings are better left unsaid

mstchew!!!!

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by Sunnycliff(m): 9:43pm On May 27, 2016
And you will one day be a dad and your son will hate you!
Karma treats all misgivings squarely

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by Omotayor123(f): 9:43pm On May 27, 2016
I know how you are feeling... But you shouldn't continue to feel that way. Try to Amend things at least.
First try to forgive and forget about the horrible past - it won't be easy but you have to try.

Second confront and tell him how you really feel about his way of life and past actions. I'm sure deep down within him, he is Sorry and also wants to make Amend.

If he is not Sorry, You will at least know you tried and your conscience will be cleared.

What an irony of life - There is Another thread on FP where a guy is desperately looking for his Dad embarassed

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by Ediss(m): 9:44pm On May 27, 2016
Oo poor dear cry its OK one day u will love him cause Jesus love you. embarassed

1 Like

Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by bqlekan(m): 9:44pm On May 27, 2016
Go learn to love and adore him
Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by ikbnice(m): 9:44pm On May 27, 2016
The hatred is obvious. Assaulting a kid will have an everlasting negative psychological impact on the child. Airforce1, I know there must have been some time you wish you could like him but you just couldn't. Learn to forgive him.
BOTTOMLINE: There is but a thin line between beating and assault. Just know that the kid of today will look back when they grow up and remember how you treated them when they were young.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by henrydadon(m): 9:44pm On May 27, 2016
Space Booker association of Nigeria

Gimme just 3million for this plot of land
Or better provide me with

2 basket of tomatoes grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by Nobody: 9:45pm On May 27, 2016
the day I saw a man beating up his child really hard and the little boy looked at him with tears in his eyes and said I don't like u daddy! that day my heart melted and I learnt that even kids feel pain too. the boys father was touched by that word and he shamefully dropped the cane and went inside.

I am sure the man thought about that word for some days

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by Hollawaley(m): 9:45pm On May 27, 2016
It burns you up daily. It burns your heart. The only way to cool it down is just to forgive your dad. I know its hard but you'll have to.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by Gabrielwilliams(m): 9:45pm On May 27, 2016
#Letitgo......

1 Like

Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by tayooluwole: 9:45pm On May 27, 2016
This is how I feel when ever my Mum tells me that my Dad will be travelling on a long journey... I don't like seeing my Dad around at all, he is too harsh and authoritative, there is no fatherly relationship btwn me and him. When ever he comes in trough the front gate, I immediately jump out through d next available backyard door... Me and him don't talk cordially except he wanna ask me something and after aswering him I immediately take my leave

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by CzarRex: 9:46pm On May 27, 2016
Airforce1:

He is a bad man

I can't forget that day.

I hate him with passion.

Thanks for reading.
Airforce!

op you ain't only the one who dislikes his dad,I dislike my dad for everything,ur situation and mine are alike

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by Cutezt(m): 9:46pm On May 27, 2016
Your Blood Is Your Blood, Take Note

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Paternity Fraud In Nigeria: Are You Your Baby’s Daddy? / My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding / A Nigerian Man Bathing His Newborn Baby (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.