Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,134 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:47 AM

Tony Erondu, Peace Mass Accident Victim, Mourned By Family & Friends - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Tony Erondu, Peace Mass Accident Victim, Mourned By Family & Friends (48273 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Peace Mass Transit In Accident At Okogbo Town. No Survivors (graphic Photos) / Accident Victim Takes A Selfie At The Scene Posts It On Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tony Erondu, Peace Mass Accident Victim, Mourned By Family & Friends by morereb10: 10:16pm On May 27, 2016
Sequel to the goods news today about one of the Peace Mass Transit victims that woke up from Coma recently, you can read more about it here, friends of one of the victim of the fatal motor accident involving bus and a trailer on its way to Umuahia, Abia State, from Enugu State, where 13 passengers lost their lives, Tony Erondu, have been thrown into mourning as the handsome young man was identified.

This is a situation no parent, family or friends wish on any of their loved ones. We morn you today Master Erondu Tony and may your soul rest in peace.

RIP.... See what his friends are saying on socials .......

http://www.exlinklodge.com/2016/05/gone-too-soon-friends-family-mourn-one.html

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tony Erondu, Peace Mass Accident Victim, Mourned By Family & Friends by pinkyliceous(f): 10:42pm On May 27, 2016
RIP.

2 Likes

Re: Tony Erondu, Peace Mass Accident Victim, Mourned By Family & Friends by dubsy91(f): 10:42pm On May 27, 2016
rest in the Lord

4 Likes

Re: Tony Erondu, Peace Mass Accident Victim, Mourned By Family & Friends by mhyzJane: 12:49am On May 28, 2016
RIP

3 Likes

Re: Tony Erondu, Peace Mass Accident Victim, Mourned By Family & Friends by RoyalBlak007: 12:51am On May 28, 2016
embarassed RIP

4 Likes

Re: Tony Erondu, Peace Mass Accident Victim, Mourned By Family & Friends by PissedOffWeed(m): 4:42am On May 28, 2016
angry bleep peace mass!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tony Erondu, Peace Mass Accident Victim, Mourned By Family & Friends by Flexherbal(m): 5:03am On May 28, 2016
Just keep doing good. No one knows the day of his visitation.
RIP to the dead!

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tony Erondu, Peace Mass Accident Victim, Mourned By Family & Friends by juman(m): 5:19am On May 28, 2016
Unfortunate.

Destroyed country.

3 Likes

Re: Tony Erondu, Peace Mass Accident Victim, Mourned By Family & Friends by Nobody: 7:32am On May 28, 2016
PEACE MASS TRANSIT wants to destroy the meaning of PEACE.
I am writing from a practical experience.
I left Enugu for Port Harcourt, seated in front.
Few minutes into the journey, while still in Enugu, the peace mass transit driver started nodding his head semiconsciously (SLEEPING behind wheels).

I Screamed and alerted other passengers.
I still appreciate GOD for that, because i saw an incoming truck and the peace Driver had already veered off his lane.

They hardly get some rest.
Challenge passengers all through.
Young and Irresponsible ( most still single)
Usually get angry while behind wheels.
Must respond to every gist.

90 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tony Erondu, Peace Mass Accident Victim, Mourned By Family & Friends by thecrush: 11:48am On May 28, 2016
See fine boy....
RIP bro

3 Likes

Re: Tony Erondu, Peace Mass Accident Victim, Mourned By Family & Friends by kaziblake(f): 11:49am On May 28, 2016
Rest in peace...I hope he died in christ

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tony Erondu, Peace Mass Accident Victim, Mourned By Family & Friends by milky3(f): 11:50am On May 28, 2016
rip..
Re: Tony Erondu, Peace Mass Accident Victim, Mourned By Family & Friends by valdes00(m): 11:50am On May 28, 2016
post=46048037:
Must we all die for ‘Peace’?
It is with tears that I write this piece; scrolling down the pictures of dripping blood from a bus that had an accident on a Sunday afternoon which pulverized the beautiful homily I had.
I had just heard about the “Holy Trinity in One God” in a Catholic church in a small town of Oyo state.
In a moment, I felt like strangling a bird –though murderous still-, pull out one of it’s feathers, and then put it on the pool of blood dripping out of the bus to scribe the pain that brewed in me while looking at a Facebook post of a friend who was at the scene of the accident.
How many times must this happen before we can take action? Just how many must die before we can say enough is enough? Why must it always be Peace? Anger brewed still as I recall the many deaths of friends, classmates who have been a victim of reckless driving by Peace Mass transit drivers.
The scene of the accident at the Umuahia-Okigwe road involving a truck and a Peace Mass Transit bus was something greater than monstrosity; first impression of the picture would suggest a reckless driving either from the truck driver or the bus driver which had caused the untimely death of many passengers who had boarded the bus.
The impact of the bus was so grave that the driver must have suffered total wreckage of his skeletal structure.
Yes. You would say my narrative of the skeletal system was trivial considering the lives that were lost in the accident.
But yes, our present society had made lives so trivial that when Peace Mass transit kill people everyday, we all take “I don care” attitude just because our loved ones were not involved.
Must I wait till my loved one die before I must say enough is enough? You tell me.
You might wonder why I seek justice with Peace Mass Transit, and not bother about other transport company.
Good.
We must take up a scape goat so that others can learn from it. The scape goat here should be Peace Mass Transit.
During my undergraduate days at UNN, I had many horrible experiences with Peace Mass Transit which made me stop patronizing them. I have lost friends, classmates and friends’ relatives due to their reckless driving.
We practically carry our hearts in our hands during school resumptions and vacations because the news of an accident was always routine during those periods.
If it was not in Opi junction at Nsukka, it will be at Nite mile in Enugu; if it is not in Enugu-Okigwe road, it will be along the Eziagu-Onitsha road.
And it must involve Peace Mass Transit.
We just were not safe; some of us had to change to Imo Transport and Eastern Mass Transit for our safety.
Enugu state is the home of Peace Mass Transit and through it, it has spread all over the country, with its strong base being its inter-state services within the eastern region.
Hence, Peace Mass transit is always the first call of anyone hoping to travel within the South East and South South areas of Nigeria.
While many sincere and customer friendly transport companies will take advantage of this popularity to improve their customer care while exploring their advantage against other transport companies, Peace Mass Transit only saw it as a way to explore their brigade of customers for an exorbitant gain.
The background of this incessant accidents by Peace Mass Transit is this:
While most transport companies manage their drivers by paying them monthly wages, Peace Mass Transit runs a system whereby the drivers earn as often as they can ply a certain route on a daily basis.
The problem this system creates is that most drivers tend to drive recklessly to meet up with their own personal gains, unlike other companies drivers’, like ABC, who run a different payment system and do not put extra pressure on the drivers to meet up with any personal targets.
It is a common scene to see a Peace Mass transit overtake a Toyota Tundra or Hilux which has a V8 engine like it’s a normal thing to do.
This would tell you the level of speed they drive on.
I once sat at a front seat in a Peace Mass Transit which boarded from Enugu to Owerri, the speed of the bus was so worrying that I had to peep at the speedometer and saw 160km/hr.
Like Jesus, this was not a car race! Neither was it a “Formula-1” car. I had to tell the driver to slow down, but he groaned, like I had just said the worst things to him.
He started murmuring to himself that I was acting ‘like woman’, that my complains were irritating him, that he would change my seat to to the back so I would stop complaining.
I was so irritated by such words that I had to call the attention of other passengers, informing them that our driver was on 160km/hr range and did not see anything wrong with it, but rather he threatening to change my seat.
Some concerned passengers started to scold him, while some did not see any fault in him driving such speed if he was cool with it. After that incident, I vowed never to enter Peace Mass Transit anymore.
This is just one of those situations that happens before a major accident. The driver was driving at such a speed probably to meet up another round in Owerri.
The money he would make by that trip had blinded his judgement that he had little regard, if at all, for the safety of his passengers.
Again, many passengers seem to be cool with such a high speed –as long as they get to their location early- until something terrible happens, a “moment of truth” where passengers have contributed in fostering accidents on our road.
The road safety corps and other stakeholders involved in the transport sector should take ardent step in curbing the menace caused by some of our transportation companies -Peace especially – by setting up and enforcing stricter rules guiding their establishments.
It is not enough to license transport companies, there must be rules which strongly favour the welfare of the passengers against that of the companies.
The NLC must get involved and negotiate better pay package for our drivers.
Drivers should never be given the freedom to exploit passengers for their own interest.
The Vehicles Inspection Office must pay regular visits to these companies to inspect their buses for certification of road-worthiness.
And to the passengers, we have had lots of accidents caused by Peace Mass Transit.
Let us all boycott Peace Mass and force them to change their Owner-Drivers policies which only favours them and put our lives at risk.
We cannot continue to fold our hands with our “ I don care” attitude and let these people continue to manipulate our lives.
The management of Peace Mass Transit must rise above its selfishness and make Peace Mass Transit customers’ safety their priority.
We must be at the centre of all your future growth projections. Stop being selfish with our lives.
Remember, if we all die, you die with us too. RIP TO ALL THE SOULS THAT PERISHED IN THAT ACCIDENT

75 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Tony Erondu, Peace Mass Accident Victim, Mourned By Family & Friends by swtcharissa(f): 11:50am On May 28, 2016
rip sir..God dey

1 Like

Re: Tony Erondu, Peace Mass Accident Victim, Mourned By Family & Friends by nbright: 11:50am On May 28, 2016
R. I. P

1 Like

Re: Tony Erondu, Peace Mass Accident Victim, Mourned By Family & Friends by stanley000: 11:50am On May 28, 2016
rip to the dead!!

1 Like

Re: Tony Erondu, Peace Mass Accident Victim, Mourned By Family & Friends by glossy6(f): 11:50am On May 28, 2016
EVILFOREST:
Few minutes into the journey, while still in Enugu, the peace mass transit driver started nodding his head semiconsciously (SLEEPING behind wheels).

I still appreciate GOD for that, because i saw an incoming truck and the peace Driver had already veered off his lane.

PMT undoubtedly killers on the move!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tony Erondu, Peace Mass Accident Victim, Mourned By Family & Friends by berlusconib2: 11:51am On May 28, 2016
RIP bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tony Erondu, Peace Mass Accident Victim, Mourned By Family & Friends by Nobody: 11:51am On May 28, 2016
People should stop patronizing peace mass transit, this is not the first, just negodu life wasted

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tony Erondu, Peace Mass Accident Victim, Mourned By Family & Friends by PrivateInvestig: 11:52am On May 28, 2016
A cadet of Maritime academy of Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tony Erondu, Peace Mass Accident Victim, Mourned By Family & Friends by FrankValency(m): 11:52am On May 28, 2016
Most of these accident can be prevented, a driver speeding like a flight under a heavy rainfall, knowingly fully the road is just one lane, all in a hurry to go make another trip, now u made ur trip to the land of never returning, how awful to die.

Now, this babe took this pics and posted online abt her been on transit that morning, little did she know, she was making her last post on earth and embarking on a journey of never returning. we don't know the hour , we don't know the day, coming to Nairaland to insult ppl, insult ur leaders and make empty threats, it can happen while u are typing. Live a life u won't regret once it happens suddenly ,because u never can tell, BUT I will never wish my enemy to experience such, never awful event. RIP to all that lost their life, I believe the driver will be saying if I had know by now where ever he is, but it is damn tooooooooo late. Overspending especially on a Nigerian road kills faster than HIV/Aids.... #frankvalency

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tony Erondu, Peace Mass Accident Victim, Mourned By Family & Friends by madgoat(m): 11:53am On May 28, 2016
Really sad. May his soul rest in peace
Re: Tony Erondu, Peace Mass Accident Victim, Mourned By Family & Friends by Nobody: 11:53am On May 28, 2016
k
Re: Tony Erondu, Peace Mass Accident Victim, Mourned By Family & Friends by Afritop(m): 11:53am On May 28, 2016
EVILFOREST:

THE STORY ON THE HEADLINES WAS THAT THE TRUCK DRIVER WHO WAS ON HIGH SPEED WAS TO BLAME AS HE VEERED OFF HIS PATH TO THE DIRECTION OF THE PEACE TRANSIT DRIVER. EVEN EYEWITNESSES AT THE SCENE GAVE THEIR ACCOUNT THAT PEACE TRANSIT DRIVER WAS NOT OVER SPEEDING. ITS JUST TOO UNFORTUNATE

1 Like

Re: Tony Erondu, Peace Mass Accident Victim, Mourned By Family & Friends by DWJOBScom(m): 11:54am On May 28, 2016
dislike them alot those days as a student

and still do

1 Like

Re: Tony Erondu, Peace Mass Accident Victim, Mourned By Family & Friends by Nobody: 11:54am On May 28, 2016
SnakeXenzia:
k
for kettle

1 Like

Re: Tony Erondu, Peace Mass Accident Victim, Mourned By Family & Friends by CzarChris(m): 11:54am On May 28, 2016
RIP

For those of us who are always on transit, I plead God's grace on our lives.

2 Likes

Re: Tony Erondu, Peace Mass Accident Victim, Mourned By Family & Friends by StoneLucifer: 11:55am On May 28, 2016
My heart bleeds profusely...It could be anybody.Life is really cruel.Sometimes i wonder why the world came into existence in the first place..RIP my brother..May GOD comfort your loved ones.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tony Erondu, Peace Mass Accident Victim, Mourned By Family & Friends by MrCounselor: 11:55am On May 28, 2016
RIP dude, so unfortunate.

So much for those youths supporting wicked n corrupt politicians by Crying "Witch-Hunting" whenever bad belles in government are being prosecuted.
This is one of the cumulative effect of corruption.

3 Likes

Re: Tony Erondu, Peace Mass Accident Victim, Mourned By Family & Friends by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 11:56am On May 28, 2016
May his soul rest in peace.
It is not as if people don't die in accident but Peace Mass no dey try at all.they waste too many lives out of carelesness

1 Like

Re: Tony Erondu, Peace Mass Accident Victim, Mourned By Family & Friends by blezzymoore: 11:58am On May 28, 2016
So sorry RIP God console d family

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Road Sign Slices Through A Driver's Car In The UK (Pictures) / The Moment Air Niugini Plane Crashed Into Sea In Micronesia, Papua New Guinea / 27 Dead Ethiopians On Way To SA Dumped By Zambian Roadside (GRAPHIC PICS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.