Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,373 members, 7,808,299 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:05 AM

Skye Bank Unjustified Mass Sack Today - Bankruptcy! - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Skye Bank Unjustified Mass Sack Today - Bankruptcy! (2570 Views)

First Bank Staff In Port Harcourt Reacts To Mass Sack Allegation / Skye Bank Salary Scale: Salary Of Skye Bank Nigeria PLC / Mass Sack By Etisalat Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Skye Bank Unjustified Mass Sack Today - Bankruptcy! by kenny1st(m): 10:16pm On May 27, 2016
From a reliable source., it was learnt that Skye bank lay off thousands of staff today without a cogent reason behind their action. The staff questioned on the clarity of this allegation confirms that the bank is seriously bleeding and in financial mess, that they have been looking for ways to achieve this aim long time ago since they can no longer pay salaries of thousands of staff including those of newly acquired mainstream bank. He said the bank has been hit so badly since the government withdrawal of public funds from commercial banks into a CBN treasury single account. The bank has been struggling to meet up with their financial obligations and according to the staff, they have been cutting expenses to the extend that they economise basic office daily needs like stationery and fuelling their marketers' car. He even said that they no longer buy dispensable water for their customer. Another staff that was willing to share with us said"things are not going well for the bank my brother, why would they go and acquire a distress mainstreet bank when they know the TSA is coming and the financial future of the country at this time is volatile". He said most of the people sacked are the best hands In the bank, now it's customers that will suffer from all these.

Well.. I think the NLC should carefully look Into this unjustly act and save these poor souls that are been thrown into Labour market again. Hope the NLC will rise up and fight for justice.
Re: Skye Bank Unjustified Mass Sack Today - Bankruptcy! by Nobody: 10:31pm On May 27, 2016
Its a normal thing to do.
Banks are private establishment, u can't tell them to manage redundancy when the country is bleeding financially.

There is absolutely nothing NLC can do. Which faction of NLC sef.

Many construction companies layed off their staff for over a yr now. But Oga Fashola said most of those workers will gain back their jobs having approved the budget
Re: Skye Bank Unjustified Mass Sack Today - Bankruptcy! by basisop(m): 4:57am On May 28, 2016
kenonze:
Its a normal thing to do.
Banks are private establishment, u can't tell them to manage redundancy when the country is bleeding financially.

There is absolutely nothing NLC can do. Which faction of NLC sef.

Many construction companies layed off their staff for over a yr now. But Oga Fashola said most of those workers will gain back their jobs having approved the budget

I can't agree more. Capitalist don't carry bags of potatoes on profit making ventures.

My friend downsized his workforce in PH, come see protest like they opened the company for him.

1 Like

Re: Skye Bank Unjustified Mass Sack Today - Bankruptcy! by onatisi(m): 5:03am On May 28, 2016
People are complaining about sackings by a private institution,what about the impending mass sackings by state governments that is likely to happen very soon
Re: Skye Bank Unjustified Mass Sack Today - Bankruptcy! by midep: 7:48pm On May 29, 2016
I doubt the authenticity of this news, however I disagree with you in totality that there is nothing the Union can do if truly the sack take place. Banks are not under NLC but TUC and the current Vice President of TUC who also double as the National President of ASSBIFI is a Staff of Skye Bank and quote me, the Management of Skye Bank or any Bank in Nigeria will never lay off staff without an agreement with ASSBIFI that all staff to be lay off will be paid redundancy allowance in line with the provision of collective agreement as enshrined on the constitution of Federal Republic of Nigeria otherwise the Bank will be picketed.
Re: Skye Bank Unjustified Mass Sack Today - Bankruptcy! by imakewealth: 12:36pm On May 31, 2016
This news is absolute trash. Provide your source and don't just write rubbish.

Skye Bank has not laid off any staff as we speak. It was after the acquisition of Mainstreet Bank in June/July 2015 that the bank laid off some of the mainstreet bank worker. The laid off staffs were duly compensated.

Please be careful what your quote. I bet you are referring to Diamond bank

kenny1st:
From a reliable source., it was learnt that Skye bank lay off thousands of staff today without a cogent reason behind their action. The staff questioned on the clarity of this allegation confirms that the bank is seriously bleeding and in financial mess, that they have been looking for ways to achieve this aim long time ago since they can no longer pay salaries of thousands of staff including those of newly acquired mainstream bank. He said the bank has been hit so badly since the government withdrawal of public funds from commercial banks into a CBN treasury single account. The bank has been struggling to meet up with their financial obligations and according to the staff, they have been cutting expenses to the extend that they economise basic office daily needs like stationery and fuelling their marketers' car. He even said that they no longer buy dispensable water for their customer. Another staff that was willing to share with us said"things are not going well for the bank my brother, why would they go and acquire a distress mainstreet bank when they know the TSA is coming and the financial future of the country at this time is volatile". He said most of the people sacked are the best hands In the bank, now it's customers that will suffer from all these.

Well.. I think the NLC should carefully look Into this unjustly act and save these poor souls that are been thrown into Labour market again. Hope the NLC will rise up and fight for justice.
Re: Skye Bank Unjustified Mass Sack Today - Bankruptcy! by kenny1st(m): 9:33pm On May 31, 2016
I was in their branch today and was inform that about 3 of their staff that I know quite well have been asked to leave the system. I also learnt the bank is planning another one soon where a lot of their staff would be massively affected. An insider hint me all these... That things have been rough with the bank lately since the merger with defunct mainstreet bank and inception of TSA. This news can be confirmed in their branches here in Lagos and other places.
Re: Skye Bank Unjustified Mass Sack Today - Bankruptcy! by imakewealth: 8:38am On Jun 01, 2016
kenny1st:
I was in their branch today and was inform that about 3 of their staff that I know quite well have been asked to leave the system. I also learnt the bank is planning another one soon where a lot of their staff would be massively affected. An insider hint me all these... That things have been rough with the bank lately since the merger with defunct mainstreet bank and inception of TSA. This news can be confirmed in their branches here in Lagos and other places.

Bros, stop being a prophet of doom. I can categorically tell you that as we speak, Skye bank has not sacked any staff. Please stop living your life on rumors. The current economic crises all over the country affected every sector and banks are not insulated. every financial institution except zenith and gtb declared very low profit y/y.

I only pity peeps who'll start spreading this news now.
Re: Skye Bank Unjustified Mass Sack Today - Bankruptcy! by kenny1st(m): 8:42am On Jun 01, 2016
OK now... Time will tell!
Re: Skye Bank Unjustified Mass Sack Today - Bankruptcy! by kenny1st(m): 7:19pm On Jun 07, 2016
@imakewealth, ogbeni hope you have confirmed my news now that you earlier called trash, more to come because I know that Skye bank is broke; https://www.nairaland.com/3152283/mass-sack-hit-three-banks

1 Like

Re: Skye Bank Unjustified Mass Sack Today - Bankruptcy! by Redfox(m): 6:46pm On Jul 04, 2016
Dear Earthlings,

Let's meet this weekend for SPSS/Stata/Eviews/R or SaS training/network, Victoria Island and Abraham Adesanya estate, Ajah, Lagos.

Also, reach me for technical support on research projects, publications, dissertation and thesis and specific research needs, survey analysis and analytics.

Redfox
Ukwuomakk@yahoo.com
Re: Skye Bank Unjustified Mass Sack Today - Bankruptcy! by donestk(m): 1:17am On Jul 05, 2016
How much is spss training? Inbox me the cost via 08148820790..

Redfox:
Dear Earthlings,

Let's meet this weekend for SPSS/Stata/Eviews/R or SaS training/network, Victoria Island and Abraham Adesanya estate, Ajah, Lagos.

Also, reach me for technical support on research projects, publications, dissertation and thesis and specific research needs, survey analysis and analytics.

Redfox
Ukwuomakk@yahoo.com

(1) (Reply)

Chartered Institute Of Environmental And Public Health Management Of Nigeria / Sack Letter Were Served To 1,500 Intercontinental Bank Staff Yesterday@3pm. / I Need Urgent Help In Either Staad Pro, Sap 2000 Or Orion....engineers,please.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.