Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,433 members, 7,808,549 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:18 PM

How He Wonderfully Got A Job In An Oil Coy After A Distasteful Exam At Mobil - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How He Wonderfully Got A Job In An Oil Coy After A Distasteful Exam At Mobil (19452 Views)

Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited New Job Opportunities–apply Before Deadline / Apply For OND Internship Program At Mobil Producing Nigeria / 2017 Apprentice Program At Mobil Producing Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How He Wonderfully Got A Job In An Oil Coy After A Distasteful Exam At Mobil by onismate: 5:28am On May 28, 2016
I had made up my mind to make it in this life no matter what it takes. And when it’s your time, no one can change it.
October 2013 after my passing out parade (POP) of NYSC, two months later I was informed by a neighbour of mine that mobil oil was recruiting. I called about 6 of my friends to inform them so we all will apply. We applied together and we were invited for their test. It was unfortunate when we got to the test hall because I felt it was our first ever attempt of job hunting. The questions given to us, each has 4 options with 2 correct answers. So we were asked to pick two answers from the options. It was so annoying to us. When we came out of the test hall, I and my friends were complaining.
Few weeks later when the test result came out, it was only one of us that made it to the next stage which is the oral interview. The worse part of it was that the guy that made it to the next stage had written mobil test before but never told us. He was used to that pattern of test, he had the experience so he was able to cross. It pained us because he never informed us that that is how mobil tests are so we could prepare for what was to come. It was after he had been called that he began telling us that he had done mobil test before and how they operate. The thing pain me enter my bone because me sef wey get the job information I shared it among us friends and he couldn’t tell us what he knew. Well, after everything I moved on with my life.
few months later, I took out two weeks to move round some major oil companies in Port Harcourt. I got their addresses. I also did research too and got some on their websites. I was preparing to submit physical (hardcopy) CV to those companies. I edited my CV, printed and did photocopies. I took out 2 weeks to submit my CV to about 23 companies in Port Harcourt. Na so I begin wait for calls. One month pass, two months pass and three months pass, yet no call from any company was coming into my phone. Na so I just remove my mind from them. I decided to upgrade my knowledge. Since I studied Mechanical engineering, I felt like going for training on Autocard. After registering for the course, I still continued with my job hunting.
Two months later, still no job yet. I was coming back from Autocard class when I received a call. The caller was a female. She said she was calling from ******* oil, one of the companies I submitted my CV to during my mass CV submission period. I had even forgotten sef. She called my name and asked if she was really talking with me! I told her “yes.” She asked me couple of questions about me which I answered. She asked where I was and I told her. She said If i should come for an interview the next two days. That day sef was the day I was to write my exam for Autocard lesson. I was very sincere. I told her that I have an exam that day and it won’t be right for me to just leave like that but I will inform them first. She said I was right, that I should inform them. After the call I called my people in my Autocard office. They asked me to go that after the interview I should come back for the exam.
I went to the company’s office. I was expecting a major interview but it turned out to be a familiarity session. After everything, I was asked to go to the HR for my appointment letter. I was sooooo happy. When I told my friends, they were so surprised how I got a job in that oil company because it’s believe that if one doesn’t have any connection or any one in that company they can’t get any job in that company. Some of my friends asked how I manage to get into the company. Me sef I no know. I tell them say na God. Not after a month later, one of the staff played me a tape and explained how I got the job. He said the former person occupying the position was a female who studied chemical engineering. Her dad was influential and rich so she just got the job on a platter of gold. But she was inexperienced and not into the job. If they ask her to bring plyer she would go get a scissors. That was where their boss asked that she should be removed from that department and asked that they should find someone who studied mechanical Engineering to fill the position. So the HR team had to get all the over 200 CVs their post box. And I was the only one that studied Mechanical Engineering. So they had to call me. “Chaiii, na so my body dey do me yori-yori.” I was very lucky and favoured. All that made me remember the day I came to submit my CV at that company. The gateman no even allow me enter. I had to kneel down and begged oooo. He had to just collect my CV and closed their company’s gate. But when I resumed I didn’t see the gateman again. Today I am so grateful to God Almighty. I am just rising.

http://www.hovabuzz.com/frontline/1149-after-a-disappointing-outing-at-mobil-interview-and-betrayal-by-friend-he-finally-gets-a-job-in-an-oil-company

238 Likes 20 Shares

Re: How He Wonderfully Got A Job In An Oil Coy After A Distasteful Exam At Mobil by Bluette(f): 5:47am On May 28, 2016
Wow God don change ur story o. Baba God pick up our call too o. Congrats.

23 Likes

Re: How He Wonderfully Got A Job In An Oil Coy After A Distasteful Exam At Mobil by onismate: 5:49am On May 28, 2016
Bluette:
Wow God don change ur story o. Baba God pick up our call too o. Congrats.
yes dear.. Yes oooh. God go do am

1 Like

Re: How He Wonderfully Got A Job In An Oil Coy After A Distasteful Exam At Mobil by Bluette(f): 5:55am On May 28, 2016
onismate:
yes dear.. Yes oooh. God go do am
Amen o.

1 Like

Re: How He Wonderfully Got A Job In An Oil Coy After A Distasteful Exam At Mobil by Flexherbal(m): 7:06am On May 28, 2016
Congratulations!
Re: How He Wonderfully Got A Job In An Oil Coy After A Distasteful Exam At Mobil by H2Ossss(m): 7:47am On May 28, 2016
congrats OP... me too stugy mechanical ohh... how e go be na?

2 Likes

Re: How He Wonderfully Got A Job In An Oil Coy After A Distasteful Exam At Mobil by H2Ossss(m): 7:47am On May 28, 2016
congrats OP... me too study mechanical ohh... how e go be na?

1 Like

Re: How He Wonderfully Got A Job In An Oil Coy After A Distasteful Exam At Mobil by maxwell767(m): 7:53am On May 28, 2016
God is ever faithful..... I tap from ur testimony.... Lalasticlal don release me grin

E DON REACH FP shocked

2 Likes

Re: How He Wonderfully Got A Job In An Oil Coy After A Distasteful Exam At Mobil by Nobody: 8:40am On May 28, 2016
After all these long story, how much is your salary?

4 Likes

Re: How He Wonderfully Got A Job In An Oil Coy After A Distasteful Exam At Mobil by adahgold(m): 8:57am On May 28, 2016
Congrat bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How He Wonderfully Got A Job In An Oil Coy After A Distasteful Exam At Mobil by felix281(m): 9:14am On May 28, 2016
Congrat....God will surely do it for us....
Re: How He Wonderfully Got A Job In An Oil Coy After A Distasteful Exam At Mobil by tempest01(m): 10:18am On May 28, 2016
@OP Mobil 2013 exam....I think the last Mobil recruitment I am aware of is 2012 or thereabout graduate recruitment

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How He Wonderfully Got A Job In An Oil Coy After A Distasteful Exam At Mobil by pearls336: 10:19am On May 28, 2016
LastMumu:
After all these long story, how much is your salary?

How is that your business can't you just congratulate the person, its an oil company so the salary would be something reasonable

3 Likes

Re: How He Wonderfully Got A Job In An Oil Coy After A Distasteful Exam At Mobil by Nobody: 10:37am On May 28, 2016
pearls336:

How is that your business can't you just congratulate the person, its an oil company so the salary would be something reasonable

[img]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTA3wj2-E_0w9161dDODZzlWd4tXZdEgM67fFRWJfWIU_p1uGQE5hNiOfc[/img]

I mention your name or na you be Op? Wetin concern you na, shuoo! cheesy

33 Likes

Re: How He Wonderfully Got A Job In An Oil Coy After A Distasteful Exam At Mobil by Bekeey: 11:56am On May 28, 2016
Congrats my bro. God will soon answer my own prayer.

1 Like

Re: How He Wonderfully Got A Job In An Oil Coy After A Distasteful Exam At Mobil by abimbawealth(f): 12:08pm On May 28, 2016
Hmmmm...Faabu ooo

2 Likes

Re: How He Wonderfully Got A Job In An Oil Coy After A Distasteful Exam At Mobil by Ayopedro(m): 12:09pm On May 28, 2016
Congrat,i pray that God should also surprise me miraculously too

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How He Wonderfully Got A Job In An Oil Coy After A Distasteful Exam At Mobil by yinkeys(m): 2:32pm On May 28, 2016
Dream job (field pet engineer). Hoping this luck & grace comes my way. The day I get to an offshore rig, only God knows how happy I will be

3 Likes

Re: How He Wonderfully Got A Job In An Oil Coy After A Distasteful Exam At Mobil by chudidonas(m): 3:15pm On May 28, 2016
Congrats to you Op. God is always faithful
Re: How He Wonderfully Got A Job In An Oil Coy After A Distasteful Exam At Mobil by SenatorJChris: 3:48pm On May 28, 2016
Congrats op. Indeed this is blessing from above
Re: How He Wonderfully Got A Job In An Oil Coy After A Distasteful Exam At Mobil by EMriss(m): 4:22pm On May 28, 2016
Praise GOD..i think i shld start submitting my CV and forget this military i applied for.
Re: How He Wonderfully Got A Job In An Oil Coy After A Distasteful Exam At Mobil by abiolakreations(f): 7:55am On May 29, 2016
Congrats dear...... Determination is key
Pls has anyone written any bank aptitude test before preferably UBA .,how is it like ...pls help a sister....thanks in anticipation
Re: How He Wonderfully Got A Job In An Oil Coy After A Distasteful Exam At Mobil by adamuglory(f): 8:09pm On May 29, 2016
congrats..., I really thank God for ur life, may u live to enjoy what God has done for u.......
Re: How He Wonderfully Got A Job In An Oil Coy After A Distasteful Exam At Mobil by lonelydora: 7:00am On May 30, 2016
Congratulations bro
Re: How He Wonderfully Got A Job In An Oil Coy After A Distasteful Exam At Mobil by Aiziq: 7:01am On May 30, 2016
Seen
Re: How He Wonderfully Got A Job In An Oil Coy After A Distasteful Exam At Mobil by koxi: 7:07am On May 30, 2016
Congrats
Re: How He Wonderfully Got A Job In An Oil Coy After A Distasteful Exam At Mobil by churay(m): 7:10am On May 30, 2016
congrats dear...if God wants to bless u, he does not look at your qualification, whether u have an HND or Bsc..proud to b a student of Dspg..
Re: How He Wonderfully Got A Job In An Oil Coy After A Distasteful Exam At Mobil by nbright: 7:11am On May 30, 2016
Congrats bro
Re: How He Wonderfully Got A Job In An Oil Coy After A Distasteful Exam At Mobil by Nobody: 7:12am On May 30, 2016
That is called GRACE

1 Like

Re: How He Wonderfully Got A Job In An Oil Coy After A Distasteful Exam At Mobil by sexaddict08(m): 7:13am On May 30, 2016
LastMumu:

[img]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTA3wj2-E_0w9161dDODZzlWd4tXZdEgM67fFRWJfWIU_p1uGQE5hNiOfc[/img]

I mention your name or na you be Op? Wetin concern you na, shuoo! cheesy

una don start this early momo
Re: How He Wonderfully Got A Job In An Oil Coy After A Distasteful Exam At Mobil by ORACLE1975(m): 7:14am On May 30, 2016
Congratulation

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Based On Logistics, I Got Appointment As A Logistics Officer In A Reputable Firm / 9-5 Jobs Are Not For Tall People In Nigeria / Protest In Abuja By Nigeria Immigration 2000 (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.