Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,185 members, 7,807,624 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:27 PM

Corpse Of Roseline Sougie, Killed By Husband By Sliting Her Throat In Oshodi - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Corpse Of Roseline Sougie, Killed By Husband By Sliting Her Throat In Oshodi (53339 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen Slit A Farmer's Throat In Benue, Kill Him (Graphic Photos) / Commercial Sex Worker Killed In Maiduguri With Her Throat Slit In Hotel Toilet / Boyfriend Slashes Girlfriend’s Throat In Adamawa State (graphic Images) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Corpse Of Roseline Sougie, Killed By Husband By Sliting Her Throat In Oshodi by ObiOmaMu: 5:43am On May 28, 2016
A 49-year-old man, Jafaru Sougie, pictured below, allegedly killed his wife of 26 years yesterday at Araromi Street in Oshodi area of Lagos State.

Jafaru reportedly slit his wife’s throat with a knife around 2am but she was discovered dead at 4am by one of their children named Richmond and his aunt who raised the alarm.

The suspect poisoned himself thereafter and was vomiting in the bathroom when Richmond woke up.

The Edo State indigene was reportedly rescued from a mob by policemen from the Akinpelu division and was rushed to a hospital while the wife’s corpse was deposited in a morgue.

Forty-six-year-old Roseline sold frozen foods in the Ijora area and was said to be the breadwinner of
the family as the killer husband was jobless.

Saturday PUNCH gathered that Jafaru had serially assaulted Roseline on the grounds of being unfaithful. Apart from the infidelity allegation, he reportedly beat the mother of five children for collecting gifts from her relatives for the upkeep of the family.

Richmond, 16, said that he could not explain what came over his father to have committed the act, saying he started behaving strangely afterwards.

He said:
“My three siblings, our aunt and I slept in the living room while dad and mum were inside. Around 4am, dad called me from the bathroom. I went to meet him but he did not say anything. I went outside to urinate and when I came back, I checked the bathroom and saw him lying down, vomiting some black substance and excreting on his body. I think he poisoned himself. I told my aunt to wake mum up to attend to him. But she didn’t wake up.
“I shone a flashlight on her and saw blood on the bed with a wide cut in her neck. I fainted when we discovered she was dead. We later asked dad how it happened, he said somebody entered and did it whereas the compound gate is always locked in the night.
“It was mum that took care of us. She was the one sponsoring my elder brother, Collins, who just gained admission into a university in Abia State. I don’t know our fate now.
“The landlord of our former rented house on Michael Street sent us out because dad always quarrelled with mum. We were also sent away from Banjoko Street for the same reason.”
The aunt, Veronica Imomoh, who confirmed the assault, said she was surprised the woman did not scream during the attack.

She added:
“Our family had warned him to stop beating her. He didn’t have any work and she was the one feeding him and paying the rent. Anytime she collected gifts from her relatives, he quarrelled with her. He would accuse her of sleeping with men and beat her up. There was a time he took her to our village in Edo State to swear whether she was cheating on him or not and she did.
“Yesterday (Thursday) he demanded N10,000 from the wife, saying he wanted to travel. She was trying to raise the money from her friends. But I don’t know whether that was the immediate cause of the incident.”
A neighbour, Simeon Nnoron, said he had tried to prevail over Jafaru to stop assaulting the deceased to no avail, adding that he suspected he was on drug and wanted to use the woman for rituals.

Roselin’s elder sister, Mrs. Kate Yakubu, said she had wanted to divorce the husband two years ago but was enjoined to rescind the decision.

She said:
“They fought two years ago because he wanted her to stop selling the frozen foods. During the argument, he held her in the neck and removed strands of hair from her head with his teeth. She left the house for a week to live with his brother in Masasa. She wanted to quit the marriage but we begged her not to because of the children. There was a time he said he smelt sperm in her pants after she returned from Seme where she normally bought goods.”
The Deputy spokesperson, Lagos State Police Command, DSP Damasus Ozoani, said the suspect had been transferred to the State Criminal Investigation Department for further investigation.
“It was a murder case and the husband was suspected to be under the influence of drug. The case has been transferred to the SCID and investigation has commenced,” he said.

http://www.lailasblog.com/2016/05/see-corpse-of-roseline-woman-husband.html

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Corpse Of Roseline Sougie, Killed By Husband By Sliting Her Throat In Oshodi by BayLord01(m): 5:46am On May 28, 2016
See wickedness here ...

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corpse Of Roseline Sougie, Killed By Husband By Sliting Her Throat In Oshodi by jodeci(m): 5:47am On May 28, 2016
Some men are just animals

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corpse Of Roseline Sougie, Killed By Husband By Sliting Her Throat In Oshodi by Terry68: 5:50am On May 28, 2016
We no longer have respect for blood shed. Today, one death. To morrow another.

Life is not taken serious anymore.

God, abeg end this world!

8 Likes

Re: Corpse Of Roseline Sougie, Killed By Husband By Sliting Her Throat In Oshodi by Bluette(f): 5:51am On May 28, 2016
Haa. Lord God. Its so painful. 5children!

4 Likes

Re: Corpse Of Roseline Sougie, Killed By Husband By Sliting Her Throat In Oshodi by Nobody: 5:54am On May 28, 2016
Hmm an idel man is d devil workshop. It happen in lagos again. Wen i say i dont like lagos, many will tink i just hate lagos for no reason.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Corpse Of Roseline Sougie, Killed By Husband By Sliting Her Throat In Oshodi by AngelAhnie(f): 5:59am On May 28, 2016
Jobless man, see how wicked he is. Who will feed your sorry aßs now that you've killed her.

She left the house, some family members that felt its a taboo to divorce asked her to return to him cos of their kids. Now she's no more, won't the kids survive? Quit abusive marriage!

108 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corpse Of Roseline Sougie, Killed By Husband By Sliting Her Throat In Oshodi by eightsin(m): 6:00am On May 28, 2016
C wahala.
Re: Corpse Of Roseline Sougie, Killed By Husband By Sliting Her Throat In Oshodi by bewla(m): 6:09am On May 28, 2016
Now no more food only prison await u

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corpse Of Roseline Sougie, Killed By Husband By Sliting Her Throat In Oshodi by JehanEddy07(m): 6:09am On May 28, 2016
See his Evil face self shocked sad

4 Likes

Re: Corpse Of Roseline Sougie, Killed By Husband By Sliting Her Throat In Oshodi by Nobody: 6:09am On May 28, 2016
na wa oh
Re: Corpse Of Roseline Sougie, Killed By Husband By Sliting Her Throat In Oshodi by iambijo(m): 6:11am On May 28, 2016
May his death be painful, R.I.P MADAM

3 Likes

Re: Corpse Of Roseline Sougie, Killed By Husband By Sliting Her Throat In Oshodi by freeze001(f): 6:16am On May 28, 2016
Oh my God! May her soul rest in peace.

Now see this:

ObiOmaMu:

“It was mum that took care of us. She was the one sponsoring my elder brother, Collins, who just gained admission into a university in Abia State. I don’t know our fate now.

Roselin’s elder sister, Mrs. Kate Yakubu, said she had wanted to divorce the husband two years ago but was enjoined to rescind the decision.
She said:
“They fought two years ago because he wanted her to stop selling the frozen foods. During the argument, he held her in the neck and removed strands of hair from her head with his teeth. She left the house for a week to live with his brother in Masasa. She wanted to quit the marriage but we begged her not to because of the children.

If they hadn't stopped her from breaking free and rather enjoined her to keep enduring evil she'd probably be alive today and better for it. At least the children would be sure of their fates.

Is it now that she's dead and the irresponsible father is probably jail bound that her staying because of the children will make a difference?

Women should never endure violence in marriage worst still with the abuser being a leech as well! Some are locked down because they're stripped of economic n financial wherewithal whilst still producing children but in this case, this woman was the provider. Family sentiments however consigned her to definite death! Probably if she had insisted and left the devil, her own family would have forsaken her and cast her aside. Now fear of losing family support has guaranteed her death.

I hope this family will take full responsibility for her 5 children! Families should support their own especially in clear abuse cases like this. No man has any excuse or justification for being a beast!

Once more may her gentle soul rest on...

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Corpse Of Roseline Sougie, Killed By Husband By Sliting Her Throat In Oshodi by ayokellany: 6:20am On May 28, 2016
AngelAhnie:
Jobless man, see how wicked he is. Who will feed your sorry aßs now that you've killed her.

She left the house, some family members that felt its a taboo to divorce asked her to return to him cos of their kids. Now she's no more, won't the kids survive? Quit abusive marriage!

.... And that is all you learnt from that article. Woman ! Smh.

1 Like

Re: Corpse Of Roseline Sougie, Killed By Husband By Sliting Her Throat In Oshodi by AngelAhnie(f): 6:24am On May 28, 2016
ayokellany:

.... And that is all you learnt from that article. Woman ! Smh.
was I supposed to learn how to slit someone's throat? Man

61 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corpse Of Roseline Sougie, Killed By Husband By Sliting Her Throat In Oshodi by Pidggin(f): 6:29am On May 28, 2016
Imagine she wanted to leave the lunatic but they begged her not to? Now she is gone sad

RIP Madam

5 Likes

Re: Corpse Of Roseline Sougie, Killed By Husband By Sliting Her Throat In Oshodi by agabusta: 6:30am On May 28, 2016
Marriage can be bliss or hell.

And there is no smartness in choosing right. You can only choose right with God.

RIP Madam. I really pity the kids. Mum gone, Dad also technically gone.

Nairaland warring factions will definitely spare us their madness on this thread, their name checking units from both sides are surely disappointed with the names.
Re: Corpse Of Roseline Sougie, Killed By Husband By Sliting Her Throat In Oshodi by Sweetestrose(f): 6:33am On May 28, 2016
RIP.

2 Likes

Re: Corpse Of Roseline Sougie, Killed By Husband By Sliting Her Throat In Oshodi by Nobody: 6:36am On May 28, 2016
ANGER..! ANGER..!! ANGER....!!! everywhere
The man FACE resemble WAR.

See him face like NSCDC personel.
JOBLESSNESS is the root of all evil.
Meaning, an IDLE MAN is the devil's workshop.
O' Lord, may Joblessness, not even anything cause me to nurse such a wicked and inhuman expedition.

Tufiakwa........

3 Likes

Re: Corpse Of Roseline Sougie, Killed By Husband By Sliting Her Throat In Oshodi by AuroraB(f): 6:41am On May 28, 2016
Those that prevailed on her not to leave, I wish her spirit torments y'all angry sad
This idea of one's family advising a woman not to leave an abusive union is another evil that should be stopped in its entirety. It's just so uncool. A 49yr old idle man shocked. He no see wheelbarrow push undecided

10 Likes

Re: Corpse Of Roseline Sougie, Killed By Husband By Sliting Her Throat In Oshodi by Nobody: 6:43am On May 28, 2016
Sweetestrose:
Oh please! what was a lady of 26 doing with a guy of 49 all in the name of marriage, the gap difference is damn too much! RIP Young lady, May her murderer's husband's case not just die a natural death, May the children find helpers to see them through the hurdles of life. Hmm! Aye ma ni ika o
The LADY is 46, since her 1st born is 16.
Don't mind the reporters with their Fire-brigade approach.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Corpse Of Roseline Sougie, Killed By Husband By Sliting Her Throat In Oshodi by greatness22(m): 6:44am On May 28, 2016
Make dem use a brand new lighter burn him brokus. Useless bastard.

**crying**

1 Like

Re: Corpse Of Roseline Sougie, Killed By Husband By Sliting Her Throat In Oshodi by Sweetestrose(f): 6:59am On May 28, 2016
EVILFOREST:

The LADY is 46, since her 1st born is 16.
Don't mind the reporters with their Fire-brigade approach.
thanks for the observation, I'll quickly edit my post, I hope the op edits his news as well. But pls is your source concrete? Do you live around the area of the incidence or are you close to the person in question, its possible for the child not to be biologically hers, its also possible for her to have given birth at the age of 10. Just want to be sure.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Corpse Of Roseline Sougie, Killed By Husband By Sliting Her Throat In Oshodi by Nobody: 7:05am On May 28, 2016
Sweetestrose:

thanks for the observation, I'll quickly edit my post, I hope the op edits his news as well. But pls is your source concrete? Do you live around the area of the incidence or are you close to the person in question, its possible for the child not to be biologically hers, its also possible for her to have given birth at the age of 10. Just want to be sure.
It is also documented in the news.
Both AGES were stated there.
But 46 appears favourable since her one of her kids is 16
Re: Corpse Of Roseline Sougie, Killed By Husband By Sliting Her Throat In Oshodi by abbeyty(m): 7:09am On May 28, 2016
Sweetestrose:
Oh please! what was a lady of 26 doing with a guy of 49 all in the name of marriage, the gap difference is damn too much! RIP Young lady, May her murderer's husband's case not just die a natural death, May the children find helpers to see them through the hurdles of life. Hmm! Aye ma ni ika o

The article says his wife of 26 years, that means they have married for 26years. the woman was 46years according to the article.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corpse Of Roseline Sougie, Killed By Husband By Sliting Her Throat In Oshodi by Dollyak(f): 9:23am On May 28, 2016
I don't care. This guy deserve to be tortured for the rest of his life. Southern senators needs to push forward a law to prohibit domestic abuse, any current law is obviously not going far enough to deter some of this beast. So pissed.

6 Likes

Re: Corpse Of Roseline Sougie, Killed By Husband By Sliting Her Throat In Oshodi by crazymod: 9:26am On May 28, 2016
ObiOmaMu:
A 49-year-old man, Jafaru Sougie, pictured below, allegedly killed his wife of 26 years yesterday at Araromi Street in Oshodi area of Lagos State.

Jafaru reportedly slit his wife’s throat with a knife around 2am but she was discovered dead at 4am by one of their children named Richmond and his aunt who raised the alarm.

The suspect poisoned himself thereafter and was vomiting in the bathroom when Richmond woke up.

The Edo State indigene was reportedly rescued from a mob by policemen from the Akinpelu division and was rushed to a hospital while the wife’s corpse was deposited in a morgue.

Forty-six-year-old Roseline sold frozen foods in the Ijora area and was said to be the breadwinner of
the family as the killer husband was jobless.

Saturday PUNCH gathered that Jafaru had serially assaulted Roseline on the grounds of being unfaithful. Apart from the infidelity allegation, he reportedly beat the mother of five children for collecting gifts from her relatives for the upkeep of the family.

Richmond, 16, said that he could not explain what came over his father to have committed the act, saying he started behaving strangely afterwards.

He said:
“My three siblings, our aunt and I slept in the living room while dad and mum were inside. Around 4am, dad called me from the bathroom. I went to meet him but he did not say anything. I went outside to urinate and when I came back, I checked the bathroom and saw him lying down, vomiting some black substance and excreting on his body. I think he poisoned himself. I told my aunt to wake mum up to attend to him. But she didn’t wake up.
“I shone a flashlight on her and saw blood on the bed with a wide cut in her neck. I fainted when we discovered she was dead. We later asked dad how it happened, he said somebody entered and did it whereas the compound gate is always locked in the night.
“The landlord of our former rented house on Michael Street sent us out because dad always quarrelled with mum. We were also sent away from Banjoko Street for the same reason.”
The aunt, Veronica Imomoh, who confirmed the assault, said she was surprised the woman did not scream during the attack.

She added:
“Our family had warned him to stop beating her. He didn’t have any work and she was the one feeding him and paying the rent. Anytime she collected gifts from her relatives, he quarrelled with her. He would accuse her of sleeping with men and beat her up. There was a time he took her to our village in Edo State to swear whether she was cheating on him or not and she did.
“Yesterday (Thursday) he demanded N10,000 from the wife, saying he wanted to travel. She was trying to raise the money from her friends. But I don’t know whether that was the immediate cause of the incident.”
A neighbour, Simeon Nnoron, said he had tried to prevail over Jafaru to stop assaulting the deceased to no avail, adding that he suspected he was on drug and wanted to use the woman for rituals.

She said:
“They fought two years ago because he wanted her to stop selling the frozen foods. During the argument, he held her in the neck and removed strands of hair from her head with his teeth. She left the house for a week to live with his brother in Masasa. She wanted to quit the marriage but we begged her not to because of the children. There was a time he said he smelt sperm in her pants after she returned from Seme where she normally bought goods.”
The Deputy spokesperson, Lagos State Police Command, DSP Damasus Ozoani, said the suspect had been transferred to the State Criminal Investigation Department for further investigation.
“It was a murder case and the husband was suspected to be under the influence of drug. The case has been transferred to the SCID and investigation has commenced,” he said.

http://www.lailasblog.com/2016/05/see-corpse-of-roseline-woman-husband.html

Re: Corpse Of Roseline Sougie, Killed By Husband By Sliting Her Throat In Oshodi by Rizmo(m): 9:26am On May 28, 2016
Re: Corpse Of Roseline Sougie, Killed By Husband By Sliting Her Throat In Oshodi by crazymod: 9:26am On May 28, 2016
Re: Corpse Of Roseline Sougie, Killed By Husband By Sliting Her Throat In Oshodi by queenfav(f): 9:27am On May 28, 2016
Wow..such a pretty woman gone,in the name of marriage!God abeg just bless my hustle, i'd rather be alone than go thru all this kain yeye drama.To prove what point na?So this is the thank you he has to tell her for being supportive depsite his joblessness..God help us!I dunno why men never appreciate women who assume d role of a breadwinner.He begins to feel insecure and even acts rashly.Anyways,lemme say well done to the relatives who told her to stay for the kids,let them go and bury their child while the same kids are left without hope of survival and their mother's love.

10 Likes

Re: Corpse Of Roseline Sougie, Killed By Husband By Sliting Her Throat In Oshodi by seunlayi(m): 9:27am On May 28, 2016
Barbaric

1 Like

Re: Corpse Of Roseline Sougie, Killed By Husband By Sliting Her Throat In Oshodi by crazymod: 9:27am On May 28, 2016

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Soldier Beats VIO Officers At Yaba Rail Line, Lagos (Photos) / Abike: Out Of 21 Drug Dealers Waiting Execution In Indonesia, 20 From Anambra / Two Men Use A Bike To Light Up Their Weed In Enugu (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.