Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,361 members, 7,808,251 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:26 AM

PIPELINE ATTACKS: Ijaw Youths Give Condition For Cease Fire - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PIPELINE ATTACKS: Ijaw Youths Give Condition For Cease Fire (1358 Views)

Osinbajo Visits Niger Delta Today, Youths Give Condition For Peace / South-South Governors Want Corruption Charges Dropped To Stop Pipeline Attacks / PIPELINE ATTACKS: Ijaw Youths Give Condition For Ceasefire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PIPELINE ATTACKS: Ijaw Youths Give Condition For Cease Fire by spargs(m): 7:20am On May 28, 2016
IJAW youths under the platform of Ijaw Youth Council, IYC has said the opening of the Maritime University, Okerenkoko, Delta State for academic activities is the first condition for a roundtable discussion with the federal government.
IYC president, Udengs Eradiri made the declaration at Effurun, Delta State during the 2016 annual Major Isaac Boro anniversary celebration with the theme, “The ideals of Adaka Boro and the renewed militancy in the Niger Delta: The way forward.”
Udengs in his speech, said: “People have started discussing. There was a meeting in Abuja yesterday (Wednesday) but I told them that such meeting would not work.
“If they want us to talk, they must first open the Maritime University and start admitting students, then we would now sit and talk.”
Speaking further, he said: “The same issues for which Adaka Boro and Ken Sarowiwa were killed are the same issues the Avengers are raising.
“There are no Avengers anywhere. Settle these issues and the Avengers would fizzle away.”
In his remark, the lead speaker at the event, Tony Uranta said: “Isaac Boro and Ken Sarowiwa died fighting for the emancipation of the Niger Delta, later we had Asari Dokubo, Tompolo and others. “But because Tompolo was taken out, new faces have come up.
“Government must reassure the people of the Niger Delta that it is not yet ready to terminate the Amnesty Programme as there are still a lot of people yet to go for training.”
“If you don’t engage these people, you are building up an army of discontent and the government must restructure Nigeria to a true federalism.”
“On her part, co-speaker and rights activist, Annkio Briggs while taking a swipe on the federal government on the way and manner it is handling the agitations of the region, said: “What the people of the Niger Delta region are asking for is self determination.’’
“This is different from self succession. We want to own our resources and states should be allowed to explore their own resources while paying tax to the federal government.”
Re: PIPELINE ATTACKS: Ijaw Youths Give Condition For Cease Fire by Sunnymatey(m): 7:38am On May 28, 2016
Re: PIPELINE ATTACKS: Ijaw Youths Give Condition For Cease Fire by orisa37: 9:33am On May 28, 2016
Please open up the University immediately. This is a legitimate claim.

3 Likes

Re: PIPELINE ATTACKS: Ijaw Youths Give Condition For Cease Fire by otukpo(f): 9:41am On May 28, 2016
Don't mind Buhari and that traitor Amaechi that is deceiving him.

GEJ built schools in the north when he was in power and all those school were not closed by Buhari. They are still functioning well today.

Why is it that the one GEJ established in Niger Delta was the one closed by Buhari government immediately they came on board.

That is injustice and Amaechi is a disapppointment to his people.

4 Likes

Re: PIPELINE ATTACKS: Ijaw Youths Give Condition For Cease Fire by spargs(m): 1:11pm On May 28, 2016
When I keep telling people that buhari just bent on islamizing this great nation but folks won't listen, they keep saying shit like "I stand with buhari". I wonder how they(FG) think they can make Militants security guards in their own land. When i hear the likes of Ibe Kachukwu saying militants should return to the protection of pipelines because FG is willing to offer abi na $10m I just shake my head in dismay because its clear they've run out of ideas/bargaining chips. They should keep playing hard to get while ND Avengers keep blowing up pipelines daily. I can't wait see Nigeria producing Zero barrel of crude oil daily.
Re: PIPELINE ATTACKS: Ijaw Youths Give Condition For Cease Fire by jollymizzle(m): 2:52pm On May 28, 2016
orisa37:
Please open up the University immediately. This is a legitimate claim.
I agree these are some reasonable demands.I'll always be in support of any of such demands from our brothers from the ND. They should also tell their avengers how foolish it is to bring a war to their own doorstep
Re: PIPELINE ATTACKS: Ijaw Youths Give Condition For Cease Fire by thelinguist: 3:35pm On May 28, 2016
Source
Re: PIPELINE ATTACKS: Ijaw Youths Give Condition For Cease Fire by papparatzzi2013: 3:37pm On May 28, 2016
Who are they to be giving conditions?

Please do not cease fire. Keep bombing. By end of June you will run out of pipes to bomb and what next? You will be bombing your homes too.
Re: PIPELINE ATTACKS: Ijaw Youths Give Condition For Cease Fire by funkydislo: 4:03pm On May 28, 2016
Give the conditions to una traditional rulers and elders.FG is not in mood to dialogue with you goats.Our Army is already on ground.
Re: PIPELINE ATTACKS: Ijaw Youths Give Condition For Cease Fire by ckmayoca: 4:59pm On May 28, 2016
Open the school for them na. Shuo!
Re: PIPELINE ATTACKS: Ijaw Youths Give Condition For Cease Fire by SilverSurfer: 5:41pm On May 28, 2016
Any roundtable discussion without the assurance of regionalism or fiscal federalism is dead on arrival. The ND should use this opportunity to call for resource control.

2 Likes

Re: PIPELINE ATTACKS: Ijaw Youths Give Condition For Cease Fire by dreamworld: 12:04pm On May 29, 2016
Ok
Re: PIPELINE ATTACKS: Ijaw Youths Give Condition For Cease Fire by RZArecta(m): 12:10pm On May 29, 2016
funkydislo:
[s]Give the conditions to una traditional rulers and elders.FG is not in mood to dialogue with you goats.Our Army is already on ground[/s].

(1) (Reply)

Why Are State Governors Shying Away From Fighting Corruption? / Thousands Of Imolites Welcome Okorocha Back To Imo (pics) / PHOTOS: Governor Of Kogi State, Yahaya Bello Visits Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.