Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,560 members, 7,809,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:40 PM

Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work - Fashion (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work (617190 Views)

Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work By / Queenfav's Makeup Lounge...(product Reviews,makeup Tips And Recommendations) / Reviews Of The Best Skin Lightening Products You Have Ever Used. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by browncocos(f): 10:40am On Oct 13, 2010
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by Evagreenfields: 11:13am On Oct 13, 2010
Browncocooooooo,waitttttttt
dnt go yet o lol.
thanks 4 d adviz.honestly,i dnt use sunscreen.wat ur sayn implies dat if i stop using clear essence,am gona darken a bit,fair enuf.so wat home made exfoilatin method wld u recommend 4 an all over body treat.tanx
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by Evagreenfields: 11:14am On Oct 13, 2010
Browncocooooooo,waitttttttt
dnt go yet o lol.
thanks 4 d adviz.honestly,i dnt use sunscreen.wat ur sayn implies dat if i stop using clear essence,am gona darken a bit,fair enuf.so wat home made exfoilatin method wld u recommend 4 an all over body treat.tanx
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by browncocos(f): 11:35am On Oct 13, 2010
you can use sugar and honey paste on your body
but personally i use the kessa

Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by Evagreenfields: 3:16pm On Oct 13, 2010
Aite.thanks a bunch.mwwaah
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by Gamine(f): 11:23pm On Oct 13, 2010
I'm having skin irritations now,
Just moved somewhere new and it seems to be the water
My sister also. .
Tiny bumps all over my face and legs (scary) I wonder what to use in the water!!
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by browncocos(f): 9:08pm On Oct 14, 2010
^^^^
pls dont use anything in the water
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by madlady(f): 1:18am On Oct 15, 2010
@browncocos smiley, update on the NAIL ENVY. I prefer the ORIGINAL, after the last few weeks of using the one in the red box I will go BACK to using the ORIGINAL.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by teetee2(f): 5:28pm On Oct 15, 2010
Mad-max, thanks for your recommedation, i will buy the sunscreen dis weekend. Do you know i just saw your reply this afternoon. there is this big bold scar on my left leg that makes it difficult to put on short skirt even gown. Is there anything i can apply on the scar to make it blend with my skin. thx
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by sharon5: 1:33am On Oct 18, 2010
browncocos:

@ AyoB

this is a disclaimer
I told you guys about one lotion from one Dr Sandra few pages back I recommended it for AyoB for her dark armpits
I used it on my knees and it smoothened and evened it.
so I thought to  use it on some black heads on my face
and it was a major disaster

ladies the areas around the spot lightened so much that I had light patches all over my face
I then decided to use it all over my face to repair and evened out the rest
it did work BUT 3 days later I was as white as a ghost/ojuju grin shocked shocked shocked

Now I dont want to lighten my skin or whatever,
It will be good for people that want to become "OYINBO" bt pls thread with caution
My mind hasn't been at rest since this happened ,since I recommended it on NL
you can use if you want to bleach your skin or use on areas that are resilient like your armpits and knees but certainly not for your face and body

am out,
lmao, i don't want to become more oyinbo than i already am or "ojuju calabash" but pls i'll like to have d name of this Dr Sandra's cream to even and smoothen my knees, elbow and armpit. Where can i get it in Naija and how much does it cost? Hope ur face is back to normal.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by browncocos(f): 9:57am On Oct 18, 2010
i,
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by sharon5: 3:01pm On Oct 18, 2010
browncocos:

its the glow cream
she has a shop in ikeja
and even though its 3,850 on the website,its 4,000 I got it
its actually a good cream cause there are countless women in her shop anytime I pass by hers
http://www.perfectherbals.org/skin_clinic_10.htm#Herbal

thanks my face is back to normal
I literally had to TAN without sunscreen for days to get darker lol
Thanks a lot for ur prompt reply. Can You pls recommend a good sunscreen for me? Brand name and where to get it. Thanks
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by browncocos(f): 8:08pm On Oct 18, 2010
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by sharon5: 12:58pm On Oct 20, 2010
browncocos:

I alternate between
olay pro-x with spf 30
http://www.amazon.com/Olay-Pro-X-Lotion-2-5-Ounce-Bottle/dp/B001JQLNLY/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1287428752&sr=8-3

and neutrogena with spf 90
http://www.amazon.com/Neutrogena-Age-Shield-Face-Sunblock/dp/B003I89H5U/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=beauty&qid=1287428762&sr=8-2

you can get them off AMAZON.
If youre in Nigeria I cant help you cause I have no idea where to get them here!
But I hear you can get Neutrogena in most big shops around

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-313268.480.html#msg6827654

God bless U Browncocos
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by sharon5: 12:59pm On Oct 20, 2010
browncocos:

I alternate between
olay pro-x with spf 30
http://www.amazon.com/Olay-Pro-X-Lotion-2-5-Ounce-Bottle/dp/B001JQLNLY/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1287428752&sr=8-3

and neutrogena with spf 90
http://www.amazon.com/Neutrogena-Age-Shield-Face-Sunblock/dp/B003I89H5U/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=beauty&qid=1287428762&sr=8-2

you can get them off AMAZON.
If youre in Nigeria I cant help you cause I have no idea where to get them here!
But I hear you can get Neutrogena in most big shops around

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-313268.480.html#msg6827654

God bless U Browncocos
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by Nobody: 2:24pm On Oct 20, 2010
hey browncocos i've really gained alot from ur post, thx.

i've been using nadinola for almost a month bt i didnt see any change or wat else do you think i can use for a dark/brown spot on my tommy
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by browncocos(f): 7:32pm On Oct 20, 2010
browncocos:

its the glow cream
she has a shop in ikeja
and even though its 3,850 on the website,its 4,000 I got it
its actually a good cream cause there are countless women in her shop anytime I pass by hers
[b][b]http://www.perfectherbals.org/skin_clinic_10.htm#Herbal[/b][/b]

thanks my face is back to normal
I literally had to TAN without sunscreen for days to get darker lol

if its for your tummy
I suggest you use this
it worked amazing for my body
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by Pwaves(f): 12:33am On Oct 21, 2010
nice thread ladies, i really like the fact that u all have each others back.

Please does any one know Botanics by boot? I have my eyes on them cos they are made from plants. i really would appreciate it if anyone can help me out before i waste money again. cheers undecided
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by Nobody: 3:45pm On Oct 21, 2010
thx browncocos, i'll try it and give u feed back
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by Pwaves(f): 3:50pm On Oct 21, 2010
eayah fa, so nobody to reply me.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by browncocos(f): 6:11pm On Oct 21, 2010
^^^^^
lols
possibly because no one has tried it
ive tried boots no 7 tho and its a good range! grin
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by madlady(f): 6:18pm On Oct 21, 2010
@browncocos
Do you have any recommendations for mascara, still trying to find a good replacement for LANCOME KERCIL.

Not one single person I know feels FULLY satisfied with the one they are using. I'm just about to replace mine.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by browncocos(f): 2:35pm On Oct 25, 2010
^^^^^
piss off this thread you bloody spammer lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

@ madlady
sorry am just replying
have some serious stuff going on
so anyways,
the best mascara I ever used was lancome l'extreme
the one in the curvy black container,i love the container grin

http://www.lancome-usa.com/makeup/mascara-compare-all/lextreme.htm

plus its really lengthens my lashes
I hear different people need different mascaras
theres lash -lengthening,seperation,volume etc
whats your concern?

at the end of the day I know the brush of the mascara is what gives results
so heres a link you might be interested in
http://www.lancome-usa.com/makeup/mascara-compare-all.aspx
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by madlady(f): 6:36pm On Oct 25, 2010
^^@browncocos thanks for getting back, I hope things are ok.

I like the brand you recommend, I used the kersil conditioning one for ages, that was my best ever, sadly they don't make it anymore.

I've used the one you like myself, it's still a bit too thick for me, I need to wipe the brush on tissue paper before I use it. Actually I thought I could save money by using a chemist brand, they did not work for me, they end up looking like garden brooms. Mascara and eye liner are all that I use so I really need them to do the job without wasting time or money embarassed.

My concern is separation BUT, I will buy the one you recommend, it works so I will manage with it. Thank you. smiley

The awful picture below shows the 4 I've used in the last 14 months.

Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by browncocos(f): 8:54am On Oct 26, 2010
'
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by madlady(f): 9:12pm On Oct 26, 2010
^^Thank you. smiley
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by Gamine(f): 3:18pm On Oct 27, 2010
browncocos:

^^^^
pls dont use anything in the water
your skin will adjust and the bumps will go on their own(try not to scratch them to prevent scars)
maybe dusting powder if its itching on your body
it usually happens sometimes when we use new things on our bodies esp the face
or as in your case,go somewhere new
just try and ignore it

Thanks. .
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by pretts(f): 10:18am On Oct 28, 2010
@browncocos, tanx for d advice.I cannot but agree with u about the diana stalder papaya kojic soap,its has totally darkened my skin, so I'll just throw away d 3bars I have left.Do u recommend Likas Papaya soap instead?

As for the Neutrogena sunscreen,I have learnt a trick to it.The less I use,the less d burning sensation, so I only use a little now.

I'll just switch to the Olay range permanently & stop wasting money.Plus I'll get the peels recommended by Madmax earlier and see how all of it works.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by steaming(f): 3:52pm On Nov 03, 2010
@ browncocos, nawa o!!!!!!!!!!!!! u r rili stil waxxxxxxing strong here---------------- aw r u na? ur family? my regards o.

ve siwtched to marykay timewise range now----------------------it.s awesome, ve been on it 2 months now (browncocos u shud b hapi 4 moi) and Gods grace, it has come to stay in my life-------lol!

Pwaves:

nice thread ladies, i really like the fact that u all have each others back.

Please does any one know Botanics by boot? I have my eyes on them cos they are made from plants. i really would appreciate it if anyone can help me out before i waste money again. cheers undecided
in my search for organics, i tried it-------the face wash, cleanser and face cream-------but they were just a waste of ma money. they were just too plain to have effects on me-----and i tried stickin to it for a while to convince myself

it dint werk for mi------bottom line. but m hapi i discovered MK
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by MadMax1(f): 10:05am On Nov 04, 2010
Way to go, brownbaby. kiss

Who used neutrogena suncreen and got darker? Lol. It not only has one of the very best suncreen products, their helioplex range is the number 1 dermatologist recommended suncreen. I use the dry-touch helioplex spf 85 suncreen, and I tell you I'm as pale as a ghost from zero sun contact for ages.

Bad news about stretchmarks? They're not easy to get rid of. There are previous pages on it. You have stretchmarks when you lse elasticity at spots on your skin. It goes way beyond the surface, so applying stuff on the suface rarely works. You have to try at home microdermabrasion for months. It'll fade so much it'll belnd with your skin. Or you try body resurfacing. There's a cosmetic treatment that shrinks it.

teetee2, the problem with scars and products for them is, cosmetic companies lie all the time and promise heaven and earth with their products, which don't deliver. I think you might have to use a good fade cream for a few months to chemically thin the area so the scar becomes less noticeable and blends with surrounding skin. Keep pure aloe vera at home. We all have tiny injuries from time to time, and these form scars. After disinfecting a fresh injury, instantly apply aloe vera to it as well. Keep this up till its healed. It will NOT leave a scar.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by madlady(f): 10:29am On Nov 04, 2010
@Mad_Max what do you think about Silicon Plasters?

I used one for a RAISED 2inch scar I had on my inner calf ( diy electrolysis) the scar's almost invisible. The plasters are very inexpensive.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (35) (Reply)

Learn Bead Making And Wire Work Jewelry For Free Here / Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) / Pictures Of Various Ankara/kente Styles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.