Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,129 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:27 AM

Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work - Fashion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work (617192 Views)

Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work By / Queenfav's Makeup Lounge...(product Reviews,makeup Tips And Recommendations) / Reviews Of The Best Skin Lightening Products You Have Ever Used. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by teetee2(f): 3:36pm On Jan 26, 2010
Hi mad-max, please is olay regenerist a body cream. I need a good moisturiser to bring out my complexion. Though i use Neutrogena facial cream and is nice but for my body i ve not found one and also soap.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by MadMax1(f): 5:28pm On Jan 26, 2010
Olay Regenerist is a line of products for the face from Olay. The one here is the day cream. It's just for the face but it lasts. I've been using the jar with me for almost four months. You use it and then apply your regular face or body lotion. Have you gone through all the products on this thread and couldn't find a body cream? That's not likely. Look through. I don't know much about soap. I use Likas Papaya soap or Johnsons' baby soap or any baby soap. It's just to keep the skin clean. If you can't find a good moisturiser after looking through, I'll post a few more.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by MadMax1(f): 2:17pm On Jan 27, 2010
zaliya:

what should i apply to my hands to make them look younger and smoother. tanks.
Will ask around.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by teetee2(f): 2:25pm On Jan 27, 2010
Thx for ur response. I wud be glad if you post few one becos the thread is quite long.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by Iranoladun(f): 7:47pm On Jan 30, 2010
Hi everyone,
I bought Makari De Suisse day whitening cream in december and I must say it is good. I'm using it as my day & night facial cream and all my blemishes & facial acne scars are gone. I combine it with clearasil stayclear oil free gel-facial wash.
LOWSIDE
1. Initially within the first 3 days I had big breakouts but they eventually dissappear before the end of the week.
2.A small jar cost N6,500 but you could use it for 6 weeks
I'm thinking of trying their body cream. Has anyone use it?
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by shilling(f): 2:51am On Jan 31, 2010
Products I'm currently using:
-Secret Conditioning Solid antiperspirant.
4.5 stars: Great smell, keeps your underarms dry all day. It unfortunately leaves a lil patch of white on your underarms, so you wouldn't want to use this if you'll be exposing them.

-L'Oreal Loreal Linda Evangelista lipstick 809 Beige.
4.5 stars: Feels really good on my lips, awesome colour. Isn't long-lasting.

-Neutrogena Norwegian formula hand cream.
5 stars: Fragrance free, you literally feel your hands getting softer immediately you dab it on.

-Seche French Manicure Kit
5 stars

-CoverGirl TRUblend Microminerals Foundation
4 stars: It's not my regular foundation cos it doesn't provide much coverage. But, I use this when I barely wearing any makeup and I don't want my face looking too oily. I use it more like a powder.

-Rimmel Fix & Perfect Primer
5 stars

-Maybelline NY Express Finish Nail Color
5 stars: Looks really natural, extremely easy to apply. I've read some reviews and some people say it chips quickly, I haven't experienced this so I guess it depends on how you apply it.
http://www.maybelline.com/mca/101-articles/Nail_101.aspx

-Maybelline Express Finish Clear Base Coat

-Clinique Clarifying Lotion
5 stars: Use this to exfoliate after taking my makeup off. IT IS AMAZING. Feels great, doesn't leave your skin feeling dry and weird.

-Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel
5 stars: I use this after the clarifying lotion. It absorbs really quickly, no oily residual feeling.

-Clinique Perfectly Real™ Makeup (Foundation)
4 stars: This is my favourite foundation. I hardly ever use concealer, and it doesn't provide amazing coverage. I usually don't have much to cover, but when the once-a-month zit appears, I'm left hanging. But, I still love it cos it looks really natural, gives my skin a glow (although it's not really noticeable). Use the powder to finish it off.

-Clinique Foundation Brush & Clinique Powder brush
5 stars: Natural fibre bristles, antibacterial technology (whatever!!), leaves my skin flawless. It is quite an investment, but it is worth every cent.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by shilling(f): 3:25am On Jan 31, 2010
Pictures:

Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by shilling(f): 3:40am On Jan 31, 2010
Pictures:

Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by shilling(f): 3:42am On Jan 31, 2010
Pictures:

Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by MadMax1(f): 4:44pm On Feb 01, 2010
Lovely. Someone else sang the praises of Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturiser to me a while back. Haven't tried it. Clinique has some great make up. But no lipstick compares to the Urban Decay line for me. Hmm. I'm trying that Neutrogena hand lotion.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by ihsann(f): 10:31pm On Feb 01, 2010
hey, thanx for the tips but do you know of more products like:

quote; MAD MAX

Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work
« #7 on: August 22, 2009, 09:10 PM »

MELADERM PIGMENT REDUCING COMPLEX
5 STARS

It removes blemishes and hyperpigmented areas on skin, for an even skin tone. This is absolutely the best product for this in the industry. It contains Kojic Acid, Alpha-Arbutin, Niacinamide, Mulberry Extract, Bearberry Extract, Licorice Extract, Tego® Cosmo C250, Gigawhite, Lemon Juice Extract)
See http://www.civantskincare.com/meladerm.html
It's excellent, though it took longer than 2 weeks to see results. More like four.

I want a product like this but that does not cause lightening of the skin instead it just evens its tone, cuz I cant find nothin to get rid of darker marks and dont want to get any lighter or I'll look pale so plz help, oh and for small bumps from previous spots (there not too visible though).
face creams and or face washes.

Sorry for the hassle but it seems NOTHING i buy actually works just makes my skin overly sensitive and dry!!
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by yjay(f): 8:15am On Feb 02, 2010
teetee2:

Hi mad-max, please is olay regenerist a body cream. I need a good moisturiser to bring out my complexion. Though i use Neutrogena facial cream and is nice but for my body i ve not found one and also soap.

dove soap comes highly recommended by dermatologists,,
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by MadMax1(f): 3:26pm On Feb 04, 2010
yjay, you haven't posted a Porselene product review. You've used their lotion for months now. iIt sounds like what Ihsann might need, if what they claim is true; but cosmetic coys make a living from lying, so.

@ihsann
There's no way you're going to apply something to remove hyperpigmentation all over your your skin, and it miraculously targets only the dark spots. It will work wherever applied, so apply ONLY to the places on your skin that need it, and use your regular moisturiser for the rest. It's when the product lightens the dark patches of skin and it's the same tone as the rest of you that your skin becomes even. If the dark marks are on your face, Makari Caviar Face cream will remove it. I don't know good these Porselene products are. Too much hype over them.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by yjay(f): 4:29pm On Feb 04, 2010
Mad_Max:

yjay, you haven't posted a Porselene product review. You've used their lotion for months now. iIt sounds like what Ihsann might need, if what they claim is true; but cosmetic coys make a living from lying, so.

@ihsann
There's no way you're going to apply something to remove hyperpigmentation all over your your skin, and it miraculously targets only the dark spots. It will work wherever applied, so apply ONLY to the places on your skin that need it, and use your regular moisturiser for the rest. It's when the product lightens the dark patches of skin and it's the same tone as the rest of you that your skin becomes even.  If the dark marks are on your face, Makari Caviar Face cream will remove it. I don't know good these Porselene products are. Too much hype over them.

@madmax, to be honest i havent cos i dont know how to rate the product, i used the skin lightening & body firming lotion for abt 3mths,, maybe i was expecting a lil more from the  whole ""PORSELENE PHENOMENON"" , like u said it just might be wat ihsann is looking for, it doesnt bleach or change your complexion, its supposed to enhance your complexion according to the porselene consultants,,,,, not too sure abt spots cos it wasnt y i bought it but u cld give it a try, i used mine with a serum sha
but u get a bargain in terms of content for the price (4500)
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by megtin(f): 2:14pm On Feb 10, 2010
OK people how have u been?this thread was dying small small so let me resurrect it.Sm1 spoke of aspirin n honey in one of  d post n since i hv dis type of die hard acne,i tried it on my face.i wash with dudu osun at night,den put likE  seven or six aspirin tabs in lik lil water jst to melt it up,den lil honey.i scrub d whole face lightly den leave 4 30mins to 1 hr.
     i hv oily face so i rinse n i still use dudu osun to wash it off.n its gud.il try alabukun n honey n c how it goes. grin
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by oge4real(f): 6:08pm On Feb 10, 2010
^^^Its quite possible these remedies will work since aspirin contains salicylic acids that are known as good anti-acne medication.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by MadMax1(f): 7:43pm On Feb 10, 2010
Lol that was Browncocos' suggestion. She swears by it, and it makes sense.

PONDS COLD CREAM CLEANSER
4 STARS

I tried this cold cream once and was hooked. I don't use much make up because of the wahala of taking it all off. I really don't buy into this two faces stuff, where your made-up face is staggeringly different from your plain face, and you'd die rather than venture out without eyeliner at least. I understand it but, get that beautiful skin( it's SO bleeping EASY) and you'll need less and less make up. Which means less trauma for your skin. There's a reason men's faces look younger than women's faces of the same age.

This cleanser was so smooth and made my skin feel SILKY as it removed every dot of make up. It's so inexpensive! Honestly, sometimes the magic lies in the cheap products. High pricea don't gurantee quality. This product has been around for over a hundred years. Generations of women have used it. I'm not surprised. It smells a little hair-relaxer-ish, but don't let that bother you. It's a great make up remover. The best so far.

Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by MadMax1(f): 2:30pm On Mar 03, 2010
THE BEST EVEN SKIN FORMULAS FOR DARK SKIN

For your skin to be really beautiful it has to be even. The same uniform colour from temple to toes. Over the next few days I'll be posting the best skin eveners available for dark skin. Among other products.

TODAY IT'S
IMAN SKIN TONE EVENER
4.5 STARS
We all know Iman, the supermodel. She has a lovely skin care range. Iman Skin Tone Evener is hydroquinone-free, and very effective. It's made for the face, but your skin doesn't stop at your neck and whatever your face deserves your body deserves too. And this evener, pack full of good things, costs an amazing $14 only!

It's ingredients include:
Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar Cane) Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Rumex Occidentalis Extract, Tetrasodium EDTA, Xylitol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Polyquaternium 51, Sodium PCA, Trehalose, Urea, Ceramide 3, Methylsilanol Ascorbate, Achillea Millefolium Extract, Alchemilla Vulgaris Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Flower Extract, Melissa Officinalis Leaf Extract, Mentha Piperita.

Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by MadMax1(f): 2:57pm On Mar 03, 2010
If you're in your thirties (or even late twenties) and aren't using a retinol, you'll be sorry is, oh, a decade or so. By then you won't be able to do much about it. Retinol is so good for the skin, I'll let you do some fact finding yourself. Suffice to say, if you start using it in your late twenties and are in your late thirties, there'll be very, very little difference in your skin. You'll look almost the same as you did a decade earlier!
It's true.

Now retinyl palminate is NOT retinol. Now you want a product with 1% retinol. Anything stronger a dermatologist will have to prescribe for you. Here are the best over the counter retinols:

PHILOSOPHY HELP ME RETINOL NIGHT TREATMENT: $45
SKINCEUTICALS RETINOL : $36

What follows is the VERY BEST retinol on the market: Check out the price.
NEUTROGENA HEALTHY SKIN ORIGINAL FORMULA : $14!!!!
It's currently $9.79 at Amazon right now.

NEUTROGENA is the best skin care company on the planet. Sometimes you wonder if they think of a bottomline. Wonderful products, better than the competitors, at a quarter of the price. I don't venture outdoors without their DRYBLOCK SPF 85 sunscreen.
Start incorporating their retinol product into your night skincare regime. Don't use retinol with a product that contains AHA, mind.

Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by Nobody: 3:51am On Mar 04, 2010
There's a reason men's faces look younger than women's faces of the same age

hmmm- interesting.

anyway, I've used Ponds before and I agree its very good.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by Nobody: 3:52am On Mar 04, 2010
@ aspirin and honey

sounds interesting.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by Nobody: 5:03am On Mar 04, 2010
Soft Soap company: ULTRA RICH SHEA BUTTER CREME.

-Smells so damn good
-has small exfoliating moisture beads
-made from AFRICAN shea butter
-Softens and moisturizes the skin
- No feeling of after bath soap scum

Its just great. . . . I like trying out new body soap, and this is just one of the best. I seriously love this, makes me love showering tongue cool

Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by yjay(f): 10:28am On Mar 04, 2010
@ FL, looks nice i hope i ll be able to get it here, currently using dove body wash & not enjoying it at all
@Madmax, Roc products should be high on your list of retinol products,
1. Roc retinol Correxion Deep Wrinkle Serum etc
u might wanna check it out
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by tishat(f): 12:01pm On Mar 04, 2010
Please girls,can someone tell me what to use on my knee and ankle to lighten it,its just too dark.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by Nobody: 4:53pm On Mar 04, 2010
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by Nobody: 10:32pm On Mar 04, 2010
yjay:

@ FL, looks nice i hope i ll be able to get it here, currently using dove body wash & not enjoying it at all
@Madmax, Roc products should be high on your list of retinol products,
1. Roc retinol Correxion Deep Wrinkle Serum etc
u might wanna check it out

LOL it will.

@2Shillings
Just bought some clinique products, I hope it works.
My skin is very sensitive lol

@Mad Max
Got the Pond Cold Cream Cleaner at CVS just now, trusting your judgment wink
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by Nobody: 10:33pm On Mar 04, 2010
Does anyone have an opinion on Maybelline Mousse?

Has anyone used it before?
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by Nobody: 12:08am On Mar 05, 2010
OMGGGG, Shillings, thank God I read your posts. ahah
Just had myself done for a presentation, the Clique product is a the bomb.
Beats Mac handss own, makes my skin look and feel flawless.
And the best part is that it doesnt feel like I'm wearing make up, compared to MAC mask feeling, ugh lol

Thanks, ma'am kiss
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by yjay(f): 9:19am On Mar 05, 2010
im curious FL, which of their products did u buy
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by yjay(f): 9:53am On Mar 05, 2010
tishat:

Please girls,can someone tell me what to use on my knee and ankle to lighten it,its just too dark.

regular exfoliation of those areas, u want to look out for scrubs that 've vit c in 'em to give a brightening effect
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by MadMax1(f): 2:10pm On Mar 05, 2010
yjay:

Roc products should be high on your list of retinol products, 1. Roc retinol Correxion Deep Wrinkle Serum etcu might wanna check it out

I know and vouch for the Neutrogena product, honey. It's excellent. There are always good alternatives. If you've used a good product with results you can see and measure, post it here, and tell everybody what it does. You can review Roc products if you've used them.
Re: Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work by yjay(f): 2:37pm On Mar 05, 2010
Mad_Max:

I know and vouch for the Neutrogena product, honey. It's excellent. There are always good alternatives. If you've used a good product with results you can see and measure, post it here, and tell everybody what it does. You can review Roc products if you've used them.

nope i vent used 'em, but its definitely going to be my OTC retinol product, once i ve, ll definitely post a review! hope ure good?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (35) (Reply)

Learn Bead Making And Wire Work Jewelry For Free Here / Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) / Pictures Of Various Ankara/kente Styles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.