Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,398 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:26 AM

Acura MDX Vs ML 350 Both 2010 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Acura MDX Vs ML 350 Both 2010 (4858 Views)

Mdx Vs Explorer / Advice Needed!!! Acura Mdx Vs Honda Pilot / Advice Needed!!! Acura Mdx Vs Honda Pilot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Acura MDX Vs ML 350 Both 2010 by sehawale: 5:16pm On May 28, 2016
Please help compare these two to inform my buying decision: Acura MDX vs ML350.

Points to consider:

Resale Value and how quick it gets sold once put up.

Maintenance cost.

Known issues.

Luxury, or which commands higher respect.

Any other metric u can think of.

Thanks
Re: Acura MDX Vs ML 350 Both 2010 by diportivo: 8:52pm On May 28, 2016
sehawale:

Thanks

Bros

Na since i dey crawl mercedes don dey command respect na

No make nl benz ppl vex o

Eg,nurey,gazzuzz and kingreign tongue

1 Like

Re: Acura MDX Vs ML 350 Both 2010 by kingreign(m): 9:23pm On May 28, 2016
diportivo see brutality ooo shocked shocked

Buy yaris, smartfortwo or micra. grin grin
Thank me later! cool cool

1 Like

Re: Acura MDX Vs ML 350 Both 2010 by ataspray(m): 1:30am On May 29, 2016
the other time it was rx300 (camry on stilettos) vs ml320

now it's a choice between Acura mdx and ml350?

and the thread opener still asked which one commands more respect? still put luxury join am?

na wa ooo

5 Likes

Re: Acura MDX Vs ML 350 Both 2010 by ataspray(m): 1:34am On May 29, 2016
sehawale:

Points to consider:

Maintenance cost.

Known issues.

Thanks
more face me i face u houses worldwide will be sold/rented before the mansion in abj recently advertised for 1.6trn will get sold.

if ur asking maintenance dont buy any of them, buy micra, or almera, better still smartfortwo like mike suggested.

forget known issues. every car has its known issues.

see prev post above for tongue-in-cheek answer to this.

any other metric? no, none.

1 Like

Re: Acura MDX Vs ML 350 Both 2010 by sehawale: 2:02pm On May 29, 2016
Thanks Ataspray. I know benz fans would proudly stay on benz's side anyday but this your post would help me much better if you say what you know about the two cars based on my highlighted points.

Honestly, i think fans of either car would want to defend it to any length and would leave someone like me who doesnt know jack about the cars more confused. So, if u can, try to avoid sarcasm in your posts. Fear of being 'bashed' could make others that would have posted some useful stuff ( like urs) keep to their opinions.

Once again i thank u. Based on ur post, hmmmm...who doesnt prefer a mansion to a facemeislapu? But please other "viewers" should say something. If you are for benz, come forward with ur points. If u are for mdx, dont cave in to intimidation from Ataspray.lol
Re: Acura MDX Vs ML 350 Both 2010 by kingreign(m): 2:18pm On May 29, 2016
sehawale:
Thanks Ataspray. I know benz fans would proudly stay on benz's side anyday but this your post would help me much better if you say what you know about the two cars based on my highlighted points.

Honestly, i think fans of either car would want to defend it to any length and would leave someone like me who doesnt know jack about the cars more confused. So, if u can, try to avoid sarcasm in your posts. Fear of being 'bashed' could make others that would have posted some useful stuff ( like urs) keep to their opinions.

Once again i thank u. Based on ur post, hmmmm...who doesnt prefer a mansion to a facemeislapu? But please other "viewers" should say something. If you are for benz, come forward with ur points. If u are for mdx, dont cave in to intimidation from Ataspray.lol

An MDX is the only SUV that gives the lexus RX a shiver.
Note:
An ML is a premium/executive SUV which have a younger sibling called the GLK, the MDX is a premium executive SUV having a smaller alternative called the RDX, the RX 2010 is just an entry level premium SUV.

An MDX with the tech package is a vehicle to kill for anytime.
Just like the ZDX was before its phase out.

1 Like

Re: Acura MDX Vs ML 350 Both 2010 by sehawale: 3:19pm On May 29, 2016
kingreign:

Note:
An ML is a premium/executive SUV which have a younger sibling called the GLK, the MDX is a premium executive SUV having a smaller alternative called the RDX, the RX 2010 is just an entry level premium SUV.

Kingreign, thanks! See as i dey learn!
Re: Acura MDX Vs ML 350 Both 2010 by ataspray(m): 10:23pm On May 29, 2016
sehawale:

no no sehawale i refuse to be objective grin

but this is a fact- a benz (ML350) commands more respect than the Acura MDX and is more luxurious too.

the mdx is a nice suv to be honest, its surprisingly quick too, and actually out-accelerates the ML350 (if I'm being performance biased anyways I'd go for the ML63,lets see where MDX wan near am) but I am trying to make myself see why I would pick it over an ML, I just can't.

There are several reasons why one might pick the MDX over the ML350 and vice-versa, such as the fact that the MDX seats 7 standard,ML350 seats 5, the ML350 is a safer vehicle with more airbags than the MDX, lower rollover chance too. etc
So, in all honesty you need to check by yourself and confirm which one ticks most of the boxes for you.

Take a look at these links anyways, definitely more objective info there than I shall let myself divulge grin

http://carsort.com/compare/Acura-MDX-vs-Mercedes-Benz-ML-Class

http://cars.axlegeeks.com/compare/9-286/2011-Acura-MDX-AWD-vs-2011-Mercedes-Benz-M-Class

I do hope I have been more helpful to you.

1 Like

Re: Acura MDX Vs ML 350 Both 2010 by ataspray(m): 10:25pm On May 29, 2016
kingreign:

Note:

actually the advanced package is the one to kill for.

and mr objective/unbiased mike lomomike kingreign, if you are being unbiased then you will say the fact- the MDX is way ahead of the RX. Right from 1st gen up till now. so its not a shiver matter.

btw, how did you drag rx into this now again? op asked for opinions on ML and MDX, not RX. undecided
Re: Acura MDX Vs ML 350 Both 2010 by kingreign(m): 7:16am On May 30, 2016
ataspray:

actually the advanced package is the one to kill for.

and mr objective/unbiased mike lomomike kingreign, if you are being unbiased then you will say the fact- the MDX is way ahead of the RX. Right from 1st gen up till now. so its not a shiver matter.

btw, how did you drag rx into this now again? op asked for opinions on ML and MDX, not RX. undecided

Yes, advanced tech is to kill for actually, but how many of them out sold the tech package?
RX I brought into the fore is to emphasise the standings of the MDX when compared based on sales volume/consumers preference vs EPA classification.
Besides, lexus isn't all about the "in your face thingy" it sorts itself in the background while youre wafted all along and only just what you need is installed not some over automated stuffs.
And stop that bent mouth smiley, e WOR WOR tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Acura MDX Vs ML 350 Both 2010 by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jun 01, 2016
The MDX is a bit more powerful and has speakers than the Merc. The buttons in this car might just make u dizzy(I like it) cos they're just everywhere u look. As for safety,they are almost the same,only the star has just one more airbag. In the MDX,attention is paid to sports,so when u punch it,be sure u'll be pulled back into the seat as response is phenomenal. U can also decide to help someone on that cold and rainy friday evening cos of the extra space for two behind. Don't jump into conclusion now, cos the big German star is no mediocre at all!

1 Like

Re: Acura MDX Vs ML 350 Both 2010 by ikdaddy01(m): 5:40pm On Jun 01, 2016
Let me make it simple like in sound of music ABc
If u drive MDX ur identity will like a Malasian guy, or one Dollar rasta guy, or one guy from Yankee, or ......even though u might be none....
If u drive an ML u be like de CEO of Ranxeros, General overseer, or Chief/Alhaji,Director or maybe de Boss going to govt house.....even though u might still not be
It depends on who u are and/or who u want to be. QED
Safety dat, safety DZ...Speed dat, speed Dz....RUBBISHHHH. na de same ppl
Re: Acura MDX Vs ML 350 Both 2010 by leuelliot(m): 11:25pm On Jun 05, 2016
sehawale:

Points to consider:

Maintenance cost.

Known issues.

Thanks

# Resale value goes to the benz if you bought both cars at 5 Naira, after 2 years and 20,000 miles and a number of other variables you could sell the Benz at 3.5/4 Naira and the mdx at 2.5/3 Naira max

# Maintenance cost: it cost more to maintain the benz,

#Known issues: The MDX being a Japanese car utilizes relatively simple straight forward technology(SH-AWD Excluded). The German boys on the other hand have like 50 modules controlling the interior lighting alone lol (well its not up to 50 but you get my point). on older models (pre 2010) these modules have been a bit problematic due to water ingress, faulty PCB components etc.

#Luxury, or which commands higher respect: Its only in a Benz you could have your hind massaged and heated while receiving a speeding ticket because you were oblivious of the fact that you are on earth doing 60 in a 45 because you are nestled in a magical almost telepathic 32 way double stitched Alcantara power seat.

# Das all

5 Likes

Re: Acura MDX Vs ML 350 Both 2010 by zsch: 11:09am On Jul 06, 2016
kingreign:

Note:

ZDX is a monster lineup. It's like the Batmobile for Civilians
Re: Acura MDX Vs ML 350 Both 2010 by Nobody: 8:47am On Jul 07, 2016
zsch:

ZDX is a monster lineup. It's like the Batmobile for Civilians
i drove a Zdx extensively for a month. The 300bhp J37 impressed me so much.

(1) (Reply)

Between Peugeot 406 Ew10 And Ew12... / JDM Toyota Century / 8 Methods To Minimize The Price Of Your Car Insurance Coverage.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.