Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,779 members, 7,802,407 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:50 PM

10 Old School Commercials Mostly 80’s Kids Can Relate To - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 10 Old School Commercials Mostly 80’s Kids Can Relate To (41089 Views)

Top 7 Nostalgic Nigerian TV Commercials To Take You Down Memory Lane [video] / 10 Funny Pictures You Will Relate To If You Are A Nollywood Fan / Funny Pics You Can Relate To If Your Wife Is A Fan Of Indian Movies!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Old School Commercials Mostly 80’s Kids Can Relate To by dragonking3: 10:12pm On Feb 19, 2017
Gaddafithe2nd:

I love this advert.
We no go gree o, we no go gree, bagco super Sack na hin we want.
Lol, you go like aluta well well. I love the advert too.. The pidgin make sense die grin
Re: 10 Old School Commercials Mostly 80’s Kids Can Relate To by Janyves(m): 10:15pm On Feb 19, 2017
Memories........... Now I know I really enjoyed my childhood. Though my favourite was that of Nasco corn flakes. I loved the crowing rooster intro, followed by that of Gulder ( I can still hear the chorus with jazz instrumental in my head) ...... Gulder the ultimate in beer
Re: 10 Old School Commercials Mostly 80’s Kids Can Relate To by Zealous2710(m): 10:18pm On Feb 19, 2017
Who remember that Limca advert "Gbogbo arami join 2geda... Looool

2 Likes

Re: 10 Old School Commercials Mostly 80’s Kids Can Relate To by steve6: 10:21pm On Feb 19, 2017
Nostalgic !
Re: 10 Old School Commercials Mostly 80’s Kids Can Relate To by Nobody: 10:21pm On Feb 19, 2017
soberdrunk:
grin Nostalgia!!! I suddenly feel old.....

You are old grin

I don't even know any grin
Re: 10 Old School Commercials Mostly 80’s Kids Can Relate To by shumuel(m): 10:25pm On Feb 19, 2017
do4luv14:
ma Dem planty oo, jst forget some,,e get one , I think say nah vaseline baby jelly
fine fine baby e no go rob am auntyna, e go rob am auntyna,
e go do lika dis lika dat,chaii, her body go fresh
her ka,da go Smoot, lol grin grin grin

I don't know that one o but i remember that of Laide Ferpume jelly grin the jingle was in yoruba.

'' Omara lo don o, laide
Perfume jelly, Oge ara ''

1 Like

Re: 10 Old School Commercials Mostly 80’s Kids Can Relate To by joseph1832ng: 10:27pm On Feb 19, 2017
samuelzion:
10. COCA COLA (TOMORROW)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sk5OBmtsVt4
this is among my best TV commercial ever!. kiss

1 Like

Re: 10 Old School Commercials Mostly 80’s Kids Can Relate To by YoungDaNaval(m): 10:31pm On Feb 19, 2017
Sacklux paint nko?

1 Like

Re: 10 Old School Commercials Mostly 80’s Kids Can Relate To by Tobilexy: 10:33pm On Feb 19, 2017
wat about éclairs sweet...
Re: 10 Old School Commercials Mostly 80’s Kids Can Relate To by Saheed69(m): 10:40pm On Feb 19, 2017
OP what about S.T soap advert.

Chai, I miss those days

Re: 10 Old School Commercials Mostly 80’s Kids Can Relate To by Nobody: 10:41pm On Feb 19, 2017
Streaming and smiling .. just a kid yesterday, but today an expecting father and husband. Guess adverts my kids will see becomes another old school advert someday.
Most of the advert format are still in vougue I America and UK but guess outdated in Nigeria cos we like trendy and fancy stuffs. It's been a wonderful journey thus far. Thank you Jesus.

1 Like

Re: 10 Old School Commercials Mostly 80’s Kids Can Relate To by do4luv14(m): 10:57pm On Feb 19, 2017
shumuel:

I don't know that one o but i remember that of Laide Ferpume jelly grin the jingle was in yoruba.

'' Omara lo don o, laide
Perfume jelly, Oge ara ''
they are planty, I dnt remember to recite Dem correctly
Re: 10 Old School Commercials Mostly 80’s Kids Can Relate To by maxwell767(m): 10:59pm On Feb 19, 2017
Wow, op nice one... That's for the great memories.. grin

I love those adverts.. Especially blue band and joy soap..
Re: 10 Old School Commercials Mostly 80’s Kids Can Relate To by Nobody: 11:03pm On Feb 19, 2017
samuelzion:
BLUE BAND

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euvfQtxiHvc

I remember this one, when my dad wan watch NTA news, he changes the channel when its 10-5 minutes to 9pm. it used to annoy me cause I wan watch cartoon network for ABG at that time
Re: 10 Old School Commercials Mostly 80’s Kids Can Relate To by cycline404(m): 11:09pm On Feb 19, 2017
delishpot:

I feel you. It made me miss my mom and dad. I cried listening to them. We used to watch these as a family cos they run them during evening shows like New masquerade, Basey and company, news line etc

I couldn't even dare watch the raincoat ads, I will weep like a baby this night, I remember her always taking us to her friends in next street, just to watch a programme whenever we don't have light.. back then generator scarce

1 Like

Re: 10 Old School Commercials Mostly 80’s Kids Can Relate To by Crixina(f): 11:11pm On Feb 19, 2017
To save MB, I just safely chosed the Gold circle commercial the rest can....

1 Like

Re: 10 Old School Commercials Mostly 80’s Kids Can Relate To by Snow5(m): 11:19pm On Feb 19, 2017
that Gold circle own.. Chaii...

My papa dat time eh.. Once dem start d advert.. E go just dey ask me wetin I dey like inside.. Lols..

Bagco supa sac

Matchellin tire...

Gold spot adverts..and limca

Merinder advert...

First Bank advert...

Etc.... It was black and white TV then oo.. My dad bought coloured screen to cover his black and white TV so that it can be showing colours from our own view... The corner of the TV will be blue.. Middle red... Side oxblood... Just rainbow colour in total... Lols...

Life was good in the 80's

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Old School Commercials Mostly 80’s Kids Can Relate To by Emperormartin(m): 11:36pm On Feb 19, 2017
YoungDaNaval:
Sacklux paint nko?
My brother this advertisement no let us hear word for radio ooooo.
The advertisement continued till early 2000's
Re: 10 Old School Commercials Mostly 80’s Kids Can Relate To by shumuel(m): 11:39pm On Feb 19, 2017
do4luv14:
they are planty, I dnt remember to recite Dem correctly

Yeah, them plenty grin
Re: 10 Old School Commercials Mostly 80’s Kids Can Relate To by snowblaq(f): 11:40pm On Feb 19, 2017
cycline404:

I can never forget this.... Miss my late sis right now even more...
....sorry k?
Re: 10 Old School Commercials Mostly 80’s Kids Can Relate To by hedonistic: 11:42pm On Feb 19, 2017
repogirl:
Yup, I can definitely relate.

Those seven up Fido Dido ads nko? And ofcourse Planta butter.

Then Toyota's, good thinking great product and Dunlop tyre add.

Elephant and Omo detergent were the big rivals then.

Repowoman.. Abi Repomama.
Re: 10 Old School Commercials Mostly 80’s Kids Can Relate To by szen(m): 11:51pm On Feb 19, 2017
samuelzion:
10. COCA COLA (TOMORROW)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sk5OBmtsVt4

I remember this advert like it was yesterday... brings back memories
Re: 10 Old School Commercials Mostly 80’s Kids Can Relate To by hedonistic: 11:53pm On Feb 19, 2017
sexyglow:
How about lalalalalala limca lalalalalala limca grin grin

Na wa o. All these sexy people here don old finish o. Tie wrapper for real life, wear hot mini for online life.

1 Like

Re: 10 Old School Commercials Mostly 80’s Kids Can Relate To by LeFreakSoChic(f): 11:56pm On Feb 19, 2017
On a similar thread like this, there were arguments over the song used for the Benson and Hedges advert. It was "High" by LightHouse family.
Would have argued too but I got to the party late.
I feel relieved now. Haha.
Re: 10 Old School Commercials Mostly 80’s Kids Can Relate To by LeFreakSoChic(f): 11:58pm On Feb 19, 2017
Zealous2710:
Who remember that Limca advert "Gbogbo arami join 2geda... Looool

Lmao! My brother used to frustrate me with the advert then.
Re: 10 Old School Commercials Mostly 80’s Kids Can Relate To by Ajsmart(m): 12:10am On Feb 20, 2017
samuelzion:
SUPRR V VISCO ENGINE OIL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JILAfOymy7k

I loved this advert. Thanks for bringing back the memories. I remembered the Coca Cola one too.
As for the Joy girl ad, I used to imagine I was inside the bath tub with that fine lady cheesy

1 Like

Re: 10 Old School Commercials Mostly 80’s Kids Can Relate To by MayorMgbedike(m): 12:20am On Feb 20, 2017
ramdris:
Op this kind thread na MB killer o shocked! Nice one though...
Thread killed who ? MB is still alive o !
Re: 10 Old School Commercials Mostly 80’s Kids Can Relate To by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 12:35am On Feb 20, 2017
dragonking3:
Lol, you go like aluta well well. I love the advert too.. The pidgin make sense die grin
How you take know. I love aluta when I was in school but I detest violence.
Re: 10 Old School Commercials Mostly 80’s Kids Can Relate To by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 12:42am On Feb 20, 2017
What about goody goody advert?
Re: 10 Old School Commercials Mostly 80’s Kids Can Relate To by Slickest(m): 12:46am On Feb 20, 2017
repogirl:
Yup, I can definitely relate.
Those seven up Fido Dido ads nko? And ofcourse Planta butter.
Then Toyota's, good thinking great product and Dunlop tyre add.
Elephant and Omo detergent were the big rivals then.
ain talking abt no advert, checked out ur profyl nd damn i lyk u...
can i av ur contact?
nw on d advertz.... some of em were still aired in the 90s nw
Re: 10 Old School Commercials Mostly 80’s Kids Can Relate To by BestOnlineDeals(m): 12:48am On Feb 20, 2017
I first thought naptu came up with this. But then no be 70s things tongue
Re: 10 Old School Commercials Mostly 80’s Kids Can Relate To by Blonchilli(m): 1:16am On Feb 20, 2017
Op I need to marry! Shwo! Na so I don old? Abeg who wan marry make we do pre-wedding pics sharply

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

BBNaija: Tacha Clashes With Frodd At Dinner / BBNaija: Lasisi Erenu Reacts To Lolu's Erect Joystick With A Funny Video / BBNaija: Ebuka Vs Tacha - Nigerians React Over Ebuka’s Questions For Tacha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.