Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,383 members, 7,808,360 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:50 AM

Ribadu And Recovered Funds - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ribadu And Recovered Funds (1372 Views)

Pdp Thrashing Acn In Lagos, Its All Over For Ribadu And Buhari / Breaking News:ribadu And Shekarau Pull Out Of Presidential Race, Approves Buhari! / South West: Between Ribadu And Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ribadu And Recovered Funds by chidichris(m): 8:22am On Nov 23, 2006
since the inception of this administration, we have been informed of recovered funds from abacha's to 419 kingpins down to other governments officials serving amd else but unfortunately there have not been propare details on the relevance of the recovered funds.
it is my suggestion that efcc will not only recover these funds but will also put the funds in propare use like in special projects to help us remember these era of funds recoveries.
the act of recovering these funds without putting them into propare use will amount to robbing peter to pay paul.
nigerians should be made to understand that the funds are not diverted to a different pulse otherwise it will be my suggestion that these funds be left in the hands of the first robbers.
please let us know what u think about these recovered loots.
Re: Ribadu And Recovered Funds by Muza(m): 3:58pm On Dec 12, 2008
I hav been asking this question for a very long time,where is the recovered money,where is it kept.
Which account is it kept it.
They just keep bombarding us with figures but we don;t know anything more about such huge figures shocked

Ribadu and Waziri should tell us where such recovered funds are kept and should account for every kobo recovered.
Re: Ribadu And Recovered Funds by Moves: 5:02pm On Dec 12, 2008
@ Poster's It is with New thieves; especially now that the chief guard dog is being pursued, Its an all comers party.
Re: Ribadu And Recovered Funds by chidichris(m): 3:47pm On Dec 14, 2008
wow! i was surprised to see this topic under my name. it's has been a long time so i was going to say i didn't write this.
billions of dollars were recovered in the war against corrupt abacha and a few govs, where are the funds?
it is time for ribadu to tell nigerians in whose costudy the funds are till date.
i posted this topic far back nov.22, 2006 and today, my body is still hungry to know the where abouts of all the big fugures we read and heard via our news medias.
one thing is to get money, another is to use the money well.
let it not be that all the recovered loots are not enough to fund the efcc.
Re: Ribadu And Recovered Funds by ifyalways(f): 3:50pm On Dec 14, 2008
lmao
2 years plus gone and no one is yet to come up with the answers,probably its gone with the winds sad
Re: Ribadu And Recovered Funds by tharma(f): 7:34pm On Dec 14, 2008
$5.6 billion - that is what Waziry said EFCC have recovered, and obviously from her statement then Nuhu Ribadu have handed over the money to Lamorde who in turn gave it to Waziry. Muza did u get that!

From EFCC website - http://www.efccnigeria.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=36&Itemid=34
Q. What Happens to Monies and Properties Recovered by EFCC?

A. As stipulated in the EFCC Act, all monies recovered by the Commission are returned directly to the victims of the crime, be they individuals, corporate bodies, or foreign entities. If the victim is the Federal Government, the proceeds go into the Federation Account, and if the victims are State or Local governments, the proceeds go into their respective treasuries. If the victims are from specific public agencies the proceeds go to such specific accounts: thus, if they are from the oil sector, the proceed goes to the NNPC account; if they are they Customs, they go into the Customs account; or to the Inland Revenue account if the victims are the Inland Revenue Board. Billions of naira have also been recovered and returned to banks and other private commercial entities.

Most Nigerians are aware today that monies have been returned to victims in places like Brazil, the United States, Britain, Hong Kong, and U.K, to mention only a few cases. The cases involved foreign 419 victims and that is typically how similar instances are being treated. Victims get their recovered monies paid directly back to them, wherever they may be in the world, and that is in keeping faith with the law that set up the EFCC.

Restitution is a central component of the work that EFCC does. The Commission has never kept a single kobo of the billions of naira it has recovered in the last four years, be it from petty fraudsters or big time crooks. Where there is any need to use recovered monies as exhibits in prosecution, they are properly kept, documented and used in court to prove the Commission's cases against accused persons following the due process of law. Thereafter, upon conviction and forfeiture, the monies are processed according to court directive. It is illustrative that till date no complaint has been filed against the Commission that a single kobo of such funds has been diverted.

Regarding the disposal of forfeited properties of convicted fraudsters and corrupt public officials, as a rule the EFCC does not insert itself in the processes. Every such transaction is guided by judicial pronouncements. Forfeited properties are evaluated, managed and disposed off by qualified and respected agents. The call for bids are advertised, the bidding process is transparent; the bids are opened in public and the proceeds of such recovered and disposed asserts revert to the victims along the lines outlined above and in conformity with the guiding judicial pronouncements.
Re: Ribadu And Recovered Funds by chidichris(m): 12:49pm On Dec 15, 2008
good, having heard that, i am been forced here to ask again, apart from the jumping up and down in rejoice whenever these big amounts of monies recovered are announced, to what extent has all these recoveries affected the lives of a common nigerian?
Re: Ribadu And Recovered Funds by cre8tivity(f): 2:46pm On Dec 15, 2008
these are the questions ribadu is too frighten to answer. it is known everywhere in abuja that ribadu did not handle not only the recovered funds, but also major recovered properties, well. in order to enhance ribadu's strategic qualities, i would like to see him return back to school for the following advanced classes: management skill, management conflict, civil rights and liberties, legislative behavior, public policy, business, politics and power, political organization (bureaucracy), comparative politics, modern political philosophy, and symposium in political science. i'm very familiar with these courses and i'm sure that upon successful completion of all these classes, ribadu will become a better professional individual. nigeria is a country that has rules and regulations, ribadu can not just continue to operate like a villager.
Re: Ribadu And Recovered Funds by idiopathic: 4:21pm On Dec 19, 2008
Crea8vity,
You seem to be obsessed with Ribadu. Madam Waziri acknowledged that EFCC under Ribadu collected over $5.5 billion dollars. She wouldn't have made this statement if Ribadu has not handed them over to his successor.
It would be more productive if you direct your venom and hatred to those who have sacrificed our future (ODILI, IBORI, OBJ, KALU, ALAMS etc).
Re: Ribadu And Recovered Funds by cre8tivity(f): 4:57pm On Dec 19, 2008
idiopathis, again, please do not misunderstand my point. if
(ODILI, IBORI, OBJ, KALU, ALAMS etc)
are guilty of any charges, i hope they spend the rest of their lives in jail. the beginning of repairing our weak laws is by making sure all citizens obey the rules and regulations at all time, no exception.
Re: Ribadu And Recovered Funds by cre8tivity(f): 5:00pm On Dec 19, 2008
what you do not know is: if ribadu is able to step all over the rules and regulations without any repercussion, it means the chances of sending any of these looters to jail is very tinny. please, think.
a country that has no law or weak law is lost.
Re: Ribadu And Recovered Funds by Solomon227(m): 6:25pm On Dec 23, 2008
Cre8tivity ur hatred 4 Ribadu styles has blinded u so much dat u cant see d difference btw what he was able to achieve and where we ave found ourselves. A big snake requires a big pot to cook and Nigerian corruption level has gone over and above ur so called Rules of Law. What we ave in our Judiciary is Ruse of Law and Ribadu actually started a revolution ,dat wuld ave strengthened Rules of Law, that was unfortunaly brought to an untimely end by AndoaOLE.
Cre8tivity leave Ribadu alone nd use ur energy to acheive Rule of Laws by calling for the conclusion of IBORI,ODILI,IGBINEDON,OBJ,BODE,etc;these are Nigerias greatest Theives.
Re: Ribadu And Recovered Funds by chidichris(m): 7:58pm On Dec 23, 2008
Cre8tivity ur hatred 4 Ribadu styles has blinded u so much that u can't see d difference between what he was able to achieve and where we ave found ourselves. A big snake requires a big pot to cook and Nigerian corruption level has gone over and above ur so called Rules of Law. What we ave in our Judiciary is Ruse of Law and Ribadu actually started a revolution ,that wuld ave strengthened Rules of Law, that was unfortunaly brought to an untimely end by AndoaOLE.
Cre8tivity leave Ribadu alone nd use ur energy to acheive Rule of Laws by calling for the conclusion of IBORI,ODILI,IGBINEDON,OBJ,BODE,etc;these are Nigerias greatest Theives.
Solomon227,
i would want to remind you that these five men in your list are not new in the criminal industry of nigeria. these names were still operating while the highly respected ribadu was parading his military war on corruption.
if you ask nigerians to place these men in a heirachial order based on their criminal records, many nigerians will put it this way
1. obj
2.bode george
3. odili
4. ibori
5.igbenidion
do u accept that?
do u know what ribadu did?
1. ibori
2. igbenidion
glory be to waziri for touching at least three untouchables - bode george, borrishade and fani kayode and these are all federal criminals who ribadu says they are saints now let them come to his aid
Re: Ribadu And Recovered Funds by Nobody: 8:00pm On Dec 23, 2008
chidicris is the biggest M-U-M-U, this I know
Re: Ribadu And Recovered Funds by maxell(f): 8:07pm On Dec 23, 2008
chidichris:

glory be to waziri for touching at least three untouchables - bode george, borrishade and fani kayode and these are all federal criminals who ribadu says they are saints now let them come to his aid

Glory be to Waziri for her partaking in Yar'adua's selective justice.

Former National Assembly clerk, Nasir Arab, used fake documents as university credentials to get into the civil service. The SSS has confirmed this.
So far, Waziri and Yar'adua have turned a blank eye to this.
Re: Ribadu And Recovered Funds by chidichris(m): 8:16pm On Dec 23, 2008
mikeansy,
chidichris is not the bigest mumu as you think rather there are two bigest mumu and they are that male and female whose chemistry produced u.
maxell,
fake documents are not under the jurisdiction of efcc.
the first step will be for the house to sack them but in that case it must be a man with no sin in the house to cast the first stone.
remember, obj practically selected most of those guys in the house and he made himself the bot so it takes much forces to sack who obj installed.
can't u see mrs etteh the criminal is still a law maker.
imagine where lawmakers turned to lawbreakers. my dear na God go save us from the mess of obj and co
Re: Ribadu And Recovered Funds by dayokanu(m): 8:28pm On Dec 23, 2008
@ Poster,

You are asking for the loot? Guy be smart now.

Do you know OBJ and Ribadus' worth pre 1999 and now? The difference is the loot you are asking for + additional loots.
Re: Ribadu And Recovered Funds by Muza(m): 8:44pm On Dec 23, 2008
+ interest accumulated on the looted funds
Re: Ribadu And Recovered Funds by dayokanu(m): 8:59pm On Dec 23, 2008
@ Muza,

Yes oh That is where the money is

(1) (Reply)

US. Varsity Appoints Nigerian Vice Chancellor / POLITICAL INSTABILITY IN THE NIGER-DELTA! / Violence Rocks Ekiti Community Over Obaship Tussle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.