Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,935 members, 7,806,712 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:31 PM

Must We Be Christians Or Muslims To Make Heaven? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Must We Be Christians Or Muslims To Make Heaven? (2065 Views)

Angela Nwosu: 'Don't Want To Make Heaven If It's Where Oyedepo, Adeboye Will Go' / Christians Allow Muslims To Pray Inside Church After Mosque's Closure / Who Are On The Safer Side: Christians Or Muslims? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must We Be Christians Or Muslims To Make Heaven? by ournaijablog(f): 10:40am On May 29, 2016
For a very long time, I have been burdened with the thought “Will I make heaven?” Atheists have said Heaven is a myth told by religious fanatics to make God seem more real and reachable. Whether I believe this theory or not about heaven is a personal thought I am not willing to share but one thing I do believe in is the existence of God.

I have always insisted I am not religious, I am more of a spiritual entity, I believe God can be worshipped in spirit and in truth right in my house and in my heart.

If I am to go back to religion, the two predominant religions on earth (Christianity and Islam) has already stamped it here on earth that if we do not worship God according to their religion we will not make heaven. This is where my dilemma begins, I have asked a million questions in my mind if this is right, what if I decide I do not want to be a Christian anymore, according to the Christian faith I would be an unbeliever and I won’t make heaven, if I were a Muslim and I decide not to be one anymore, this automatically makes me an infidel and also means I won’t make heaven.

I am a pacifist and a good person at heart, isn’t that enough to get me into heaven’s gate? I have repeatedly asked myself, I have killed no one, I love my neighbors, I help the needy, I do not envy and I try to preach love all the time. I love God in my heart and I acknowledge his existence, must I belong to a religious sect to meet him on the last day?

China is the most populated country on earth, with a population of about 1.357 billion, more than half the country worship different gods, does this mean they won’t make heaven? We haven’t talked about India, Malaysia, Pakistan, Iran, Iraq, and so on, if according to the Christian faith all these people are unbelievers does it mean billions of people won’t make heaven?.

The Christians believe the Muslims are unbelievers, and the Muslims believe the Christians are infidels, they both believe any other religion aside theirs are idol worshippers and should never be practiced.

I am of African descent; my ancestors were idol worshippers, millions of them. They didn’t know about the Christian faith back in the day, they worshipped and sacrificed to their idols, does this mean millions of my ancestors didn’t make heaven?.

There are tons of religions on earth aside Islam and Christianity, Taoism, Hinduism, Confucianism, Shinto, Gnosticism, Zoroastrianism, Yazdanism, Rastafarian Movement, Indigenous traditional religions, Naturalist religion this is just to name a few and we have millions of people who practice these religions and believe they are communicating with a supreme being, does this mean they won’t make heaven?

The contradictions in these different religions beg the question “Who worships the one true God”? “ If heaven is real who amongst these different religious sect will make heaven”? it is a thing of wonder that these different religious sect seem to believe in one “God” but their religious beliefs must be the right one to meet the same “God” they all seem to believe in.

I was born in a Christian home so that automatically makes me a Christian; I was taught and told that if I associate with an unbeliever I won’t make heaven, this means I have to disassociate myself from non-Christian folks if I wanted to make heaven. This is a funny rule because I have been told the Christian faith is about “LOVE”. When I look at all the radical Muslims and their fastest way of going to heaven to meet “GOD” and their promise of 72 virgins I begin to wonder “WHY IS HEAVEN SO FAR AWAY, WHY MUST WE DO THE UNDOABLE TO GET THERE”.

I know I do not share these thoughts alone, only difference is I am bold enough to write about it and its left me with the question, What must I do to make heaven?

Ibeji Isabella.

http://www.ournaijablog.com/must-we-be-christians-or-muslims-to-make-heaven/

Please how do I get this to front page?

1 Like

Re: Must We Be Christians Or Muslims To Make Heaven? by klassykute(m): 10:44am On May 29, 2016
not sure but ..my pastor says onli way to make heaven is to accept christ as ur Lord and saviour

and my gf said u must obey Allah and do what he commands before u can b wit him

bottom line is WHOSOEVER YOU WORSHIP ..SERVE WELL ..
TO MI SHA .. JESUS IS THE WAY THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE NO ONE COMES TO D FATHER EXCEPT THROUGH JESUS AND U CAN ONLY GO TRU JESUS BY ACCEPTING HIM

john 3:16b Whosoever believes in him (Jesus) shall not perish but have everlasting life

1 Like

Re: Must We Be Christians Or Muslims To Make Heaven? by lapazi(m): 10:47am On May 29, 2016
Bro trust me its complicated...i dont even knw where to start from. Just treat "everybody" irrespective of faith and believes_ as you will love to be treated and leave the rest to "your" God.

1 Like

Re: Must We Be Christians Or Muslims To Make Heaven? by ournaijablog(f): 10:49am On May 29, 2016
lapazi:
Bro trust me its complicated...i dont even knw where to start from. Just treat "everybody" irrespective of faith and believes_ as you will love to be treated and leave the rest to "your" God.

Not a bro, a sis grin
Re: Must We Be Christians Or Muslims To Make Heaven? by lapazi(m): 11:16am On May 29, 2016
ournaijablog:

Not a bro, a sis grin

well you know you never can really tell...this is nairaland....there is this one chick that strung me for long...turned out she was a male...hiding behind a female monika embarassed
Re: Must We Be Christians Or Muslims To Make Heaven? by DrayZee: 11:21am On May 29, 2016
Cc: lalasticlala
Cc: OAM4J
Cc: Mynd44
Cc: Obinoscopy

That's how you get it to front page. I'm surprised none of your articles have ever made it there.

If it doesn't get there within the next 15 minutes, you can start chanting snake, Fayose, Buhari, Toolz wedding, Monalisa Chinda, Niger Delta Militants and Tompolo till it gets to frontpage.

1 Like

Re: Must We Be Christians Or Muslims To Make Heaven? by ournaijablog(f): 11:21am On May 29, 2016
lapazi:

well you know you never can really tell...this is nairaland....there is this one chick that strung me for long...turned out she was a male...hiding behind a female monika embarassed

lol google me , Ibeji Isabella, I ain't no male
Re: Must We Be Christians Or Muslims To Make Heaven? by DrayZee: 11:25am On May 29, 2016
Just follow what you believe is right. In christianity, many values set have been hyped and misinterpreted by the present generation.
As a result, being a Christian is portrayed as an increasingly difficult, if not impossible task.

Study the word yourself and act based on what you understood from it. Don't just go ahead following what any random "pastor" tells you. If you see a pastor preaching according to what you understood from your study, you should probably follow him up. That'll help you understand more.

1 Like

Re: Must We Be Christians Or Muslims To Make Heaven? by lapazi(m): 11:41am On May 29, 2016
ournaijablog:

wow i just used reversed psychology on you...to get your real name. grin
but before i run to face book to start pestering you with request cheesy
let me first check your profile here to see if its worth the trouble... grin

checked...totally worth it cheesy
Re: Must We Be Christians Or Muslims To Make Heaven? by ournaijablog(f): 11:43am On May 29, 2016
DrayZee:
Cc: Lalasticlala
Cc: OAM4G
Cc: Mynd44
Cc: Obinoscopy

That's how you get it to front page. I'm surprised none of your articles have ever made it there.

If it doesn't get there within the next 15 minutes, you can start chanting snake, Fayose, Buhari, Toolz wedding, Monalisa Chinda, Niger Delta Militants and Tompolo till it gets to frontpage.

Hehehehhe you really got me laughing Hehehehhe thanks for the humor, I really don't know why none of my articles has ever made it to front page maybe things will change from now thanks
Re: Must We Be Christians Or Muslims To Make Heaven? by ournaijablog(f): 11:45am On May 29, 2016
lapazi:

wow i just used reversed psychology on you...to get your real name. grin
but before i run to face book to start pestering you with request cheesy
let me first check your profile here to see if its worth the trouble... grin

checked...totally worth it cheesy

Loool yea it worked, reversed psychology or not truth is I am proud of who I am and got nothing to hide
Re: Must We Be Christians Or Muslims To Make Heaven? by ournaijablog(f): 11:46am On May 29, 2016
DrayZee:
Just follow what you believe is right. In christianity, many values set have been hyped and misinterpreted by the present generation.
As a result, being a Christian is portrayed as an increasingly difficult, if not impossible task.

Study the word yourself and act based on what you understood from it. Don't just go ahead following what any random "pastor" tells you. If you see a pastor preaching according to what you understood from your study, you should probably follow him up. That'll help you understand more.

Thanks this makes a lot of sense
Re: Must We Be Christians Or Muslims To Make Heaven? by DrayZee: 11:50am On May 29, 2016
ournaijablog:

Hehehehhe you really got me laughing Hehehehhe thanks for the humor, I really don't know why none of my articles has ever made it to front page maybe things will change from now thanks

1 Like

Re: Must We Be Christians Or Muslims To Make Heaven? by BayLord01(m): 11:56am On May 29, 2016
The only religion we know is the HEART and HANDS, in anything u do, Make them pure and clean.

1 Like

Re: Must We Be Christians Or Muslims To Make Heaven? by Nobody: 11:57am On May 29, 2016
I wonder what you all want to go do in heaven. Its either somebody is ignorant or they ignorant.

1 Like

Re: Must We Be Christians Or Muslims To Make Heaven? by sonofthunder: 12:56pm On May 29, 2016
we must become the sons of God for that.
Re: Must We Be Christians Or Muslims To Make Heaven? by ournaijablog(f): 1:09pm On May 29, 2016
sonofthunder:
we must become the sons of God for that.

God of which religion dear?
Re: Must We Be Christians Or Muslims To Make Heaven? by delkuf(m): 3:20pm On May 29, 2016
i will wht i believe u must be a christian(as in christ like) to make heaven. as for being a muslim, i dont think u can make heaven
Re: Must We Be Christians Or Muslims To Make Heaven? by ournaijablog(f): 7:44pm On May 29, 2016
delkuf:
i will wht i believe u must be a christian(as in christ like) to make heaven. as for being a muslim, i dont think u can make heaven

I am guessing the whole of Indonesia will not make heaven according to you tjen shocked
Re: Must We Be Christians Or Muslims To Make Heaven? by theoneJabulani(m): 8:54pm On May 29, 2016
in the end, we are all going to hell. Yahweh will burn the Muslims, Zeus will burn the Christians, Allah will burn the Jews etc
Re: Must We Be Christians Or Muslims To Make Heaven? by sonofthunder: 9:09pm On May 29, 2016
ournaijablog:

God of which religion dear?
sister, you are about to shoot yourself in the foot... you said that you worship God in spirit and in truth in your post and that you love God... if I may ask, which God are you talking about?

back @ your question, simply taste and settle for that which is good.
Re: Must We Be Christians Or Muslims To Make Heaven? by analice107: 9:20pm On May 29, 2016
This is like asking, "Must I come from the British royal family to be a Queen/King? If you are not, you are can't be.
In this case, a door is opened for you to enter, you say no, but the requirements is that, you enter through the door, but you insist on staying outside, yet you want to be entitled. Does that make sense even To you?
Re: Must We Be Christians Or Muslims To Make Heaven? by ournaijablog(f): 11:50pm On May 29, 2016
sonofthunder:

sister, you are about to shoot yourself in the foot... you said that you worship God in spirit and in truth in your post and that you love God... if I may ask, which God are you talking about?

back @ your question, simply taste and settle for that which is good.

I am a Christian, being a Christian doesn't mean I won't ask questions about my religion, all I am asking is why my religion says other religions won't make heaven
Re: Must We Be Christians Or Muslims To Make Heaven? by ournaijablog(f): 11:51pm On May 29, 2016
theoneJabulani:
in the end, we are all going to hell. Yahweh will burn the Muslims, Zeus will burn the Christians, Allah will burn the Jews etc
This is deep
And you came to this conclusion how?
Re: Must We Be Christians Or Muslims To Make Heaven? by ournaijablog(f): 11:52pm On May 29, 2016
analice107:
This is like asking, "Must I come from the British royal family to be a Queen/King? If you are not, you are can't be.
In this case, a door is opened for you to enter, you say no, but the requirements is that, you enter through the door, but you insist on staying outside, yet you want to be entitled. Does that make sense even To you?

This assertion is according to the Christian faith, right?
Re: Must We Be Christians Or Muslims To Make Heaven? by ournaijablog(f): 12:01am On May 30, 2016
klassykute:
not sure but ..my pastor says onli way to make heaven is to accept christ as ur Lord and saviour

TO MI SHA .. JESUS IS THE WAY THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE NO ONE COMES TO D FATHER EXCEPT THROUGH JESUS AND U CAN ONLY GO TRU JESUS BY ACCEPTING HIM

john 3:16b Whosoever believes in him (Jesus) shall not perish but have everlasting life

The bible also says do not associate with unbelievers or non worshippers of christ, your gf is a Muslim do you mean since she doesn't know christ she won't make heaven?
Re: Must We Be Christians Or Muslims To Make Heaven? by walslm: 12:08am On May 30, 2016
klassykute:

Hi

As long as you believe that there is only One God a worship no other. And you believe in all his messengers, and his books (Torah, Zabur, Injeel) = Bible and the Qur'an, and you perform Solat, and give Zakat to the poor and do good deeds. I think you are okay. God Knows Best.

Thank You
Re: Must We Be Christians Or Muslims To Make Heaven? by walslm: 12:14am On May 30, 2016
ournaijablog:

The bible also says do not associate with unbelievers or non worshippers of christ, your gf is a Muslim do you mean since she doesn't know christ she won't make heaven?

But Jesus (AS) never said anybody should worship him.

1 Like

Re: Must We Be Christians Or Muslims To Make Heaven? by klassykute(m): 6:31am On May 30, 2016
ournaijablog:

jesus said i did not come for those who are saved.. i came for d unsaved..... why did jesus associates himself with d scribes nd lawyers?

1 Like

Re: Must We Be Christians Or Muslims To Make Heaven? by klassykute(m): 6:32am On May 30, 2016
ournaijablog:

jesus said i did not come for those who are saved.. i came for d unsaved..... why did jesus associates himself with d scribes nd lawyers? AND AS D ONLI NICE GIRL DAT IS READY TO STAY WEN I DNT AV MONEY AND DAT LOVES MI AS MUCH AS I LOVE HER CUM B MUSLIM OO.. WATIN MK I DO?
Re: Must We Be Christians Or Muslims To Make Heaven? by klassykute(m): 6:34am On May 30, 2016
ournaijablog:

and nairaland admin neva ban u o
Re: Must We Be Christians Or Muslims To Make Heaven? by analice107: 8:39am On May 30, 2016
ournaijablog:

This assertion is according to the Christian faith, right?
Except a mean be born again, he can not enter I to the Kingdom of God. by Jesus of Nazareth.

Am not a Muslim so I can't speak for Islam.

And the terms of entry are not the same for muslims and Christians.
In Islam, when your good deeds outweighs your evil deeds, you enter.

In Christianity, righteousness is imputed on us, not worked out. Good works can't redeem your soul from spiritual deathness. Only the blood of Jesus which acts as a Ransom can.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Only The Agents Of Satan Will Defend The Rationale Behind Hell Fire Creation / Hymns And Worship Songs Good For The Spirit With Lyrics / Proof Of God In 5 Minutes. (this If For The Thoughtful) Watch The Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.