Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,259 members, 7,807,890 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:54 PM

Hello N'landers, As A Job Seeker Would You Take This Salary For A Start? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Hello N'landers, As A Job Seeker Would You Take This Salary For A Start? (27749 Views)

Who Can Explain This Salary / What's The Starting Salary For Chartered Accountants / I Need An Advice On This Salary Choice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hello N'landers, As A Job Seeker Would You Take This Salary For A Start? by Jacko1(m): 7:56pm On May 29, 2016
I heard that companies that do not sack employees
Are slashing salaries by half
Re: Hello N'landers, As A Job Seeker Would You Take This Salary For A Start? by Nicolars(m): 7:56pm On May 29, 2016
UEDIBO:
i have been on #16,000 salary since three years now even with my M.Sc INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY with 8 years experience. and am having three children.

give me the job if no resign now from here.

U can lie lie lie lie lie

Mr man kilode grin cheesy
Re: Hello N'landers, As A Job Seeker Would You Take This Salary For A Start? by Richard2010(m): 7:57pm On May 29, 2016
Champions league goals
Messi = 4
Suarez =8
Neymar =3
Total = 15
Cr7 = 16
Final equation
MSN + 1 = CR7
If Ronaldo = 16
Messi. = 4
Neymar=3
Suarez =8
Then
1. Messi² = Ronaldo
2. 4(Messi)=Ronaldo
3. 4(Neymar)+Messi=Ronaldo
4. 2(Suarez)=Ronaldo
5. Suarez = ½ Ronaldo
6. Messi = ¼ Ronaldo
7. Messi = log2(Ronaldo)
8. MSN + ln(e)± log 1= Ronaldo
Pls share till it gets to all Barcelona fans. #copied

2 Likes

Re: Hello N'landers, As A Job Seeker Would You Take This Salary For A Start? by nmreports: 7:58pm On May 29, 2016
Guys, Nigeria unemployment rate was recorded at almost 12 percent in March quarter of 2016. i.e almost 10 million people are unemployed. Please verify again but I think its around this figure.

Nobody in his right senses wants this kind of salary but desperate times require desperate measures.
The economy do not even give room for entrepreneurship. Foreign investors are withdrawing. Internet is expensive. Logistics is gold. Electricity price is soaring. Food is diamond. Only the brave can survive these hard times.

Whats important is not what you have now or where you are or what job you are doing.

GUYS Please, whats important is what you have inside of you and where you are going.

With this, Hillso7, help your friend make the right decision. Good times ahead.

2 Likes

Re: Hello N'landers, As A Job Seeker Would You Take This Salary For A Start? by moneybag100: 7:58pm On May 29, 2016
Hmmm
Re: Hello N'landers, As A Job Seeker Would You Take This Salary For A Start? by dbestuncle: 7:58pm On May 29, 2016
people do various jobs for various reasons and money shouldnt b the only consideration. only the guy can answer the questns that will lead to a gud advice. he shd check n wey his options n pick it or leave it
Re: Hello N'landers, As A Job Seeker Would You Take This Salary For A Start? by AreaFada2: 8:00pm On May 29, 2016
UEDIBO:
i have been on #16,000 salary since three years now even with my M.Sc INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY with 8 years experience. and am having three children.

Dude, are you doing an IT job? And hope to gain more experience in your field?

How do you cope financially?

Is there no private business you can do with your IT skills?
Re: Hello N'landers, As A Job Seeker Would You Take This Salary For A Start? by JeffreyJamez(m): 8:01pm On May 29, 2016
As a Job seeker in Nigeria does he have a better option? undecided

1 Like

Re: Hello N'landers, As A Job Seeker Would You Take This Salary For A Start? by luckynzo(m): 8:01pm On May 29, 2016
UEDIBO:

Stop lying joor.
Re: Hello N'landers, As A Job Seeker Would You Take This Salary For A Start? by Emmey67: 8:03pm On May 29, 2016
RECENT JOBS APPLY FOR THESE JOBS AS FAST AS YOU CAN

GRADUATE SALES ASSOCIATES AT THE WORKPLACE CENTRE LIMITED

The Workplace Centre is a state-of-the-art skills development centre that provides employability and entrepreneurial skills training as well as HR intervention services to its clients.

We are recruiting to fill the position below:

Job Title: Sales Associate

Essential Duties and Responsibilities

Sale of Loans and other services.
New business development
Preparation of weekly marketing call reports to the Team Lead
Contributing to the annual sales and marketing plan
Managing market penetration/ growth of product
Follow up Leads as assigned by the Team Lead.
Contributing to developing marketing plans and strategies

Qualifications

Bachelor's Degree or Higher National Diploma (HND) in any field.
Must have NYSC Certificate or exemption letter.
Relevant work experience in similar role.
Must not be more than 35years by December 2016.

Click Here To Apply
Re: Hello N'landers, As A Job Seeker Would You Take This Salary For A Start? by victorazy(m): 8:05pm On May 29, 2016
afuye:
Start from somewhere OP. For u, education is the best legacy, u still need to go to school and learn

Papa come send me na as you don't know the meaning of EDUCATION.

Maybe you think education is only studying in university (mumu)
Re: Hello N'landers, As A Job Seeker Would You Take This Salary For A Start? by Nobody: 8:05pm On May 29, 2016
UEDIBO:

Not possible at all.

IF it is so then Mail me ur details..
Can U relocate of u get something better, like 45/ month. ..?
Re: Hello N'landers, As A Job Seeker Would You Take This Salary For A Start? by Nobody: 8:05pm On May 29, 2016
A brother that is not just a Bsc holder, but also an MBA holder with family started with 36k. Don't know how much he earns now, but I know it's less less than 50k.

It's a choice between going for what is available and sitting at home.

3 Likes

Re: Hello N'landers, As A Job Seeker Would You Take This Salary For A Start? by Adaahjacob(m): 8:06pm On May 29, 2016
HungerBAD:
Abeg where the Job dey?

NO MIND THAT EM FRND...... 50K FA.......FOR DIX KIND CHANGE HE IS STILL ASKING IF HE SHOULD TAKE D JOB..... ABEG WHERES D LOCATION?
Re: Hello N'landers, As A Job Seeker Would You Take This Salary For A Start? by Nobody: 8:06pm On May 29, 2016
afuye:
Start from somewhere OP. For u, education is the best legacy, u still need to go to school and learn
Re: Hello N'landers, As A Job Seeker Would You Take This Salary For A Start? by mamajohn(f): 8:08pm On May 29, 2016
hibee14eve:
Hey. Wen person go buy land, build house and do great things for hin life... Corruption on point
Rome wasn't built in a day bros.
Re: Hello N'landers, As A Job Seeker Would You Take This Salary For A Start? by olaeffect(m): 8:09pm On May 29, 2016
That is what education in the current realities has resulted into. It has created job seekers that don't have the creative mind of doing anything for themselves but rather be slaves/employee of school drop out and illiterates.

The next thing is for us to now blame government and the bad state of the country while a few a making it big doing things we don't really count as important.

saw a young man today behind my church after service washing something I initially thought was grains, but I could notice variant colours from afar, I was curious, so I moved closer and made some enquiries. the young man spoke very good English. He informed me that what he was washing were plastic (pellets of waste plastics) told me his father own the machines. Took his contact and I am going to follow up with him to see how to get him some finance to expend and develop on what his father has on ground already. And soon enough he will be employing graduates and paying them N35,000.00 since they cant think.

It is well.

3 Likes

Re: Hello N'landers, As A Job Seeker Would You Take This Salary For A Start? by afuye(m): 8:10pm On May 29, 2016
That's exactly why I said you need to go back to school. Must you communicate your response with insults like mumu... Stark illiterate
victorazy:

Papa come send me na as you don't know the meaning of EDUCATION.

Maybe you think education is only studying in university (mumu)

Re: Hello N'landers, As A Job Seeker Would You Take This Salary For A Start? by ajiwukari(m): 8:10pm On May 29, 2016
Depends on the nature of the job and if it builds you for the future. Sometimes, experience is more valuable than the money you earn.
I earned 10K for 19 months when I first started working. Then I earned 20K for 11 months. Now I earn almost 100K. With experience, perseverance and hard work, I'll earn over 1M someday. And I live in PH where the cost of living is high. In those rough times, family sustained me.
And before I forget, I'm an engineering graduate from a UK university. Similarly, I have a friend that started on 50K and is on 400K now.
My point is this, so long you are on the set career path you want to be, the experience matters more than the money.
Good luck in your endeavours.

4 Likes

Re: Hello N'landers, As A Job Seeker Would You Take This Salary For A Start? by yorex2011: 8:11pm On May 29, 2016
Jarus:
A brother that is not just a Bsc holder, but also an MBA holder with family started with 36k. Don't know how much he earns now, but I know it's less less than 50k.

It's a choice between going for what is available and sitting at home.

Brother?
Re: Hello N'landers, As A Job Seeker Would You Take This Salary For A Start? by Nobody: 8:17pm On May 29, 2016
yorex2011:

Brother?

Yes. Do you think I share jobs?
Re: Hello N'landers, As A Job Seeker Would You Take This Salary For A Start? by phabulous88(m): 8:18pm On May 29, 2016
How many years work experience do you have and what's the nature of the job? Have you got any dependant? If you're just starting your career, 15k after major expenses is not a bad thing. That's 3k less the minimum wage.

The country is fvcked up and university education is over hyped. The promise of a white collar job white huge benefits after graduation is a mirage. Skills, skills and more skills is the way to go. I know graduates who reverted to tailoring and farming and they are doing great.

I started with 25k right after NYSC, that was 5 years ago. I wasn't looking at the money; in fact, I saw it as another industrial training experience. Now I've changed job twice and I earn way way way way way better than that. See the big picture and as Chinedu always says, begin with the end in mind. It's well

1 Like

Re: Hello N'landers, As A Job Seeker Would You Take This Salary For A Start? by Temmywalex: 8:19pm On May 29, 2016
Take the offer and find a way of reducing your cost. My own story is that.... I stayed home for a year after service without any salary. After a year, I took a 10k salary job for 3months in which I couldn't get the 3rd month salary in full(that was a secondary school teaching job teaching agricultural science, economics, and computer). I left for a primary school teaching job of 14k and some extra income from home lesson and school lesson and at the end of the month, I go home with about 28k. I did that for six months and I keep applying. I later got a 40k job with a net pay of 30k. After six months, my salary was increased to 50k with a net pay of 39k. That is where I am presently. Although it hasn't been easy but the economic situation had made employers to take advantage of job seekers. Do not despise a small beginning. The end of everything is always better than the beginning. I won't forget to tell you that the experience from the small jobs will also get you bigger job. As you are doing this, also look within yourself to discover what you too can do to give you your own financial freedom. Forget all my story, take the job and as time goes on, your pay would be increased. Mind you, I wasn't a dullard in school because I was able to make a CGPA of 4.something. I will also encourage all jobless graduates to at least learn one or two jobs like barbing, hairdressing, and others. We can't afford to remain jobless.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hello N'landers, As A Job Seeker Would You Take This Salary For A Start? by gbemmy100: 8:19pm On May 29, 2016
take the job o. cos d experience matters a lot. then u try to relocate near ur working place.
Re: Hello N'landers, As A Job Seeker Would You Take This Salary For A Start? by yorex2011: 8:19pm On May 29, 2016
Jarus:

Yes. Do you think I share jobs?

I didn't say anything like that Mr Jarus

2 Likes

Re: Hello N'landers, As A Job Seeker Would You Take This Salary For A Start? by Nobody: 8:22pm On May 29, 2016
UEDIBO:

But why have u settled for just 16k till now. Compare your salary to a German or a Canadian or some others working even in Nigeria. I feel for you and if truly u have the right skills pls search for a new job. GOD help u.
Re: Hello N'landers, As A Job Seeker Would You Take This Salary For A Start? by topsonjto(m): 8:22pm On May 29, 2016
UEDIBO:

Na lie jooor
Re: Hello N'landers, As A Job Seeker Would You Take This Salary For A Start? by oyatake200: 8:24pm On May 29, 2016
UEDIBO:

Can I have your details I may have a better offer for you in mobile advertising firm. Since you have MSC in information Technology

3 Likes

Re: Hello N'landers, As A Job Seeker Would You Take This Salary For A Start? by adewumiopeyemi(m): 8:30pm On May 29, 2016
he be like say the guy never tire for ause abi.....
Re: Hello N'landers, As A Job Seeker Would You Take This Salary For A Start? by victorazy(m): 8:30pm On May 29, 2016
afuye:
That's exactly why I said you need to go back to school. Must you communicate your response with insults like mumu... Stark illiterate

E pain u grin

I think I stoop low, I don't want to induce myself low to ur level, you don't even deserve my reciprocal, bugaboo like you grin face front mumu.

Be still, am your prospective president (anu).

Even monkey can be educated grin
Re: Hello N'landers, As A Job Seeker Would You Take This Salary For A Start? by Krismart(m): 8:40pm On May 29, 2016
hillso7:
It borders me when I see and hear the type of salaries employers offer job seekers in recent times. In view of this, a friend was offered a salary of 50k monthly for a job offer as a B.Sc holder with working experience when his overheads(T.P and feeding ) will run into 36k monthly. Would you advise he takes the offers or seek for a better pay job elsewhere. Urgent advise is needed Pls.
50k in this APC change and u are seeking for advice. E be like say u be fresh graduate. U go soon hear say former Chevron staff don take d job then e go clear for your eye

1 Like

Re: Hello N'landers, As A Job Seeker Would You Take This Salary For A Start? by oodo: 8:47pm On May 29, 2016
Guy, you need to conduct a study on our private security outfit to see what graduates are earning. Some of them earn as low as 20k/month. If your friend is from a wealthy home them tell him to forfeit the job and wait for a better offer or he should use the job to either pass time or gather experience while waiting for a better offer. But if his family are not buoyant and he doesn't have anybody to cater for his essential needs then tell him to PLEASE take up the job otherwise na OYO state your friend go find himself. A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Just Got A Banking Job But Age Falsification Is Standing In My Way / NNPC Recruitment Criteria Exclude Graduates From Poor Homes, Says NANS / Alert! Has Anyone Received His/her N-POWER January Stipend.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.