Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,728 members, 7,805,983 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:42 AM

Hello N'landers, As A Job Seeker Would You Take This Salary For A Start? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Hello N'landers, As A Job Seeker Would You Take This Salary For A Start? (27744 Views)

Who Can Explain This Salary / What's The Starting Salary For Chartered Accountants / I Need An Advice On This Salary Choice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hello N'landers, As A Job Seeker Would You Take This Salary For A Start? by teshyberry(f): 8:51pm On May 29, 2016
victorazy:

And me never visited university yet I earn far more than that, drive good car.
grin

Mtscheeeeeeeeeeeeeewww
Re: Hello N'landers, As A Job Seeker Would You Take This Salary For A Start? by akanbiaa(m): 9:12pm On May 29, 2016
hillso7:
It borders me when I see and hear the type of salaries employers offer job seekers in recent times. In view of this, a friend was offered a salary of 50k monthly for a job offer as a B.Sc holder with working experience when his overheads(T.P and feeding ) will run into 36k monthly. Would you advise he takes the offers or seek for a better pay job elsewhere. Urgent advise is needed Pls.
I know a University graduate in kaduna that works in a private secondary school and he has spent about 4 years and currently the vice principal, his salary is currently 15000 naira, no accomodation or other incentive. Something needs to be done not only to unemployment but underemployed.
Re: Hello N'landers, As A Job Seeker Would You Take This Salary For A Start? by jaybros: 9:13pm On May 29, 2016
YourFatherYansh:
Bros your friend is a very very lucky guy.....I have neva been diz magnanimous and kind with words..he is a lucky chap
U see in life everything is in stages, yea everyone has a future, but one thing is that future is procedural, is not a destination, it is a process, our inputs of today...
I started my career as a DSA, contract staff in d banking world will relate with dat acronym, is a 25k salary job with commissions depending on Hw u meet ur targets.....I was lyk diz ur frnd grumbling abt d pay day 2 day seeking 4 advice as u are.........Within a 2years of grumbling and confused , a colleague who we were absorbed 2geda had build an empire n has started Importing n selling cars with dat little pay I thought was nothing...
He deviced a strategy of wealth accumulation while I was busy wandering and wallowing in self pity....
Lemme knw if ur still interested in my show of magnanimity. ....quote me n ask me 2 continue..
4 dos dat wil say rubbish becos i dint finish up my gist.....take my moniker home...Osheee

Justpaul667@gmail.com I'm interested
Re: Hello N'landers, As A Job Seeker Would You Take This Salary For A Start? by phykiesexy: 9:14pm On May 29, 2016
JUSTPROPERTY:
Looks like some people don't yet understand the concept of accepting a job offer. Believe me, no matter how jobless you are, there are some jobs you shouldn't just accept even if the pay is a million naira per day...reason being that the job at the long run may leave you worse than it met you. If former Governor of Bayelsa State(Alameseigha) had not accepted the job of governing his people back then, he probably would have been alive and enjoying life today. As the age long adage goes "not all that glitters is gold".

How can u use Alameseigha as example? He lived a life of luxury till he died. He died and left a lot money for his children and his generation. A person been a governor in his lifetime is an opportunity millions of people never have but wish dey did. He didn't die a young man seff. We all must die someday sha. Na wa for u oh! Dis ur example be as e get. If na who do blood money now or Dem say he go join cult before money come so I for understand.
Re: Hello N'landers, As A Job Seeker Would You Take This Salary For A Start? by bakol: 9:17pm On May 29, 2016
Nice comments....... If your friend has not got any meaningful job experience before, it is better for him to take d offer asap. What you guys should understand is that it is very much easier to move from one job to the other when you have little experience. He should look at the intrinsic satisfaction he is going to derive from the job for now.... Higher pay awaits him.
Re: Hello N'landers, As A Job Seeker Would You Take This Salary For A Start? by Nobody: 9:26pm On May 29, 2016
hillso7:
It borders me when I see and hear the type of salaries employers offer job seekers in recent times. In view of this, a friend was offered a salary of 50k monthly for a job offer as a B.Sc holder with working experience when his overheads(T.P and feeding ) will run into 36k monthly. Would you advise he takes the offers or seek for a better pay job elsewhere. Urgent advise is needed Pls.

You and your friend are not serious yet.
Re: Hello N'landers, As A Job Seeker Would You Take This Salary For A Start? by b1s0la(f): 9:33pm On May 29, 2016
UEDIBO:
i have been on #16,000 salary since three years now even with my M.Sc INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY with 8 years experience. and am having three children.

give me the job if no resign now from here.

Really?
Re: Hello N'landers, As A Job Seeker Would You Take This Salary For A Start? by segzymania(m): 9:39pm On May 29, 2016
It is good to start from somewhere... What is enough will later be more than enough in due time...but the key thing is to be patience and to wait on God with prayer
Re: Hello N'landers, As A Job Seeker Would You Take This Salary For A Start? by Harfisco(m): 9:39pm On May 29, 2016
Why wouldnt i accept it
Re: Hello N'landers, As A Job Seeker Would You Take This Salary For A Start? by UEDIBO: 9:39pm On May 29, 2016
kokaneprodigy:

Na cyber café u dey work?
I AM A CASUAL STAFF OF FEDERAL POLYTECHNIC IDAH KOGI STATE.

I READ ELECTRONICS/TELECOMMUNICATION (HND)
PGD IN EDUCATION
PGD IN INFO TECH
M.Sc INFO TECH
WITH 8 YEARS IT EXPERIENCE.
uedibo@yahoo.com
Re: Hello N'landers, As A Job Seeker Would You Take This Salary For A Start? by UEDIBO: 9:40pm On May 29, 2016
b1s0la:

Really?
YES
Re: Hello N'landers, As A Job Seeker Would You Take This Salary For A Start? by UEDIBO: 9:43pm On May 29, 2016
Nicolars:

U can lie lie lie lie lie
Mr man kilode grin cheesy
I AM A CASUAL STAFF OF FEDERAL POLYTECHNIC IDAH KOGI STATE. I READ ELECTRONICS/TELECOMMUNICATION (HND) PGD IN EDUCATION PGD IN INFO TECH M.Sc INFO TECH WITH 8 YEARS IT EXPERIENCE. uedibo@yahoo.com
Re: Hello N'landers, As A Job Seeker Would You Take This Salary For A Start? by UEDIBO: 9:44pm On May 29, 2016
EVILFOREST:

Not possible at all.

IF it is so then Mail me ur details..
Can U relocate of u get something better, like 45/ month. ..?
I AM A CASUAL STAFF OF FEDERAL POLYTECHNIC IDAH
KOGI STATE.
PGD IN EDUCATION
PGD IN INFO TECH
M.Sc INFO TECH
uedibo@yahoo.com
Re: Hello N'landers, As A Job Seeker Would You Take This Salary For A Start? by Nobody: 9:45pm On May 29, 2016
UEDIBO:
I AM A CASUAL STAFF OF FEDERAL POLYTECHNIC IDAH KOGI STATE.

PGD IN EDUCATION
PGD IN INFO TECH
M.Sc INFO TECH
uedibo@yahoo.com
There's this job advert by Arik for data analyst.
Re: Hello N'landers, As A Job Seeker Would You Take This Salary For A Start? by UEDIBO: 9:46pm On May 29, 2016
oyatake200:

Can I have your details I may have a better offer for you in mobile advertising firm. Since you have MSC in information Technology
KOGI STATE.
PGD IN EDUCATION
PGD IN INFO TECH
M.Sc INFO TECH
uedibo@yahoo.com
Re: Hello N'landers, As A Job Seeker Would You Take This Salary For A Start? by macaranta(m): 9:49pm On May 29, 2016
UEDIBO:
i have been on #16,000 salary since three years now even with my M.Sc INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY with 8 years experience. and am having three children.

Hmm you a magician?
Re: Hello N'landers, As A Job Seeker Would You Take This Salary For A Start? by Nobody: 9:49pm On May 29, 2016
Please tell your friend to contact me ...Thanks .There is no need to be confused since he feels the pay isnt enough .. Graduate is considering pay instead of how to learn and gain experience ...Oshi'

I have been looking for a place to volunteer but since this 1 comes with 50k ,it means my prayers has been answered
Re: Hello N'landers, As A Job Seeker Would You Take This Salary For A Start? by UEDIBO: 9:50pm On May 29, 2016
ajiwukari:
Depends on the nature of the job and if it builds you for the future. Sometimes, experience is more valuable than the money you earn.
I earned 10K for 19 months when I first started working. Then I earned 20K for 11 months. Now I earn almost 100K. With experience, perseverance and hard work, I'll earn over 1M someday. And I live in PH where the cost of living is high. In those rough times, family sustained me.
And before I forget, I'm an engineering graduate from a UK university. Similarly, I have a friend that started on 50K and is on 400K now.
My point is this, so long you are on the set career path you want to be, the experience matters more than the money.
Good luck in your endeavours.

HELP ME I BEG.
KOGI STATE.
PGD IN EDUCATION
PGD IN INFO TECH
M.Sc INFO TECH
uedibo@yahoo.com
Re: Hello N'landers, As A Job Seeker Would You Take This Salary For A Start? by victorazy(m): 9:51pm On May 29, 2016
teshyberry:

Mtscheeeeeeeeeeeeeewww

Nawa for u o!

Na joke we dey here o! Fun fun fun! Nofin is real here so don't take any comment serious.

Anyway nice picture, ur beautiful.

Plz can I have Sapele wat? Am tasty.
Re: Hello N'landers, As A Job Seeker Would You Take This Salary For A Start? by UEDIBO: 9:51pm On May 29, 2016
kokaneprodigy:
There's this job advert by Arik for data analyst.
OK. I WILL APPLY.
Re: Hello N'landers, As A Job Seeker Would You Take This Salary For A Start? by SwtMama: 10:00pm On May 29, 2016
He should be managing if until a better offer comes,,idleness is another disease on it's own
Re: Hello N'landers, As A Job Seeker Would You Take This Salary For A Start? by chichriso: 10:01pm On May 29, 2016
Op, im a graduate and i earn 40k monthly
Re: Hello N'landers, As A Job Seeker Would You Take This Salary For A Start? by dollyptosh(m): 10:01pm On May 29, 2016
Jarus:

Yes. Do you think I share jobs?
lol. See question.
Re: Hello N'landers, As A Job Seeker Would You Take This Salary For A Start? by 19naia(m): 10:12pm On May 29, 2016
The man with N500k monthly salary is keeping his eye on a raise or higher paying job elsewhere. It is no different than a man with N0.00 salary keeping his eye open for N10,000 monthly salary. Start with the only option you have available to you as long as it is a step forward.
My salary is not small and i am still looking to grow it. If I had nothing, i would take the N50k. If i had senators salary already and I saw a job for over N2million monthly, I would take it. Take anything Better than what you have, Nothing will stop you from applying for higher paying jobs from the seat of a lesser paying job. The 50k job may even be the doorway to oppotunities you never imagined.. How will you know if you dont go, or do you have a better place to go if you do not take this job?
Re: Hello N'landers, As A Job Seeker Would You Take This Salary For A Start? by CioAngels(f): 10:16pm On May 29, 2016
hillso7:
Do you stay with your parents and i hope they are not frustrating you? Meaning to say your take home is 14k, what a sad situation. Is better you get a job near your house with lesser pay than earn 50k and spend 36k on tfare and snack that you call food. You can now see why graduates are carring placards becos our leaders don't care.
Re: Hello N'landers, As A Job Seeker Would You Take This Salary For A Start? by deebest2: 10:24pm On May 29, 2016
Accept it just to have experience for greater opportunity ahead
Re: Hello N'landers, As A Job Seeker Would You Take This Salary For A Start? by Maski87: 10:49pm On May 29, 2016
The money is too small how can you accept 50000 , please stop making graduates look cheap
Re: Hello N'landers, As A Job Seeker Would You Take This Salary For A Start? by greggng: 10:57pm On May 29, 2016
UEDIBO:

Pls don't tell the world this cos is very shameful and unbelievable. Must you work for someone? Why not start something on ur own and see how God blesses ur effort. I think u re joking. How could u pay house rent and feed a family? I dnt believe this

1 Like

Re: Hello N'landers, As A Job Seeker Would You Take This Salary For A Start? by ibietela2(m): 11:00pm On May 29, 2016
HungerBAD:
Abeg where the Job dey?

Buhari's office
Re: Hello N'landers, As A Job Seeker Would You Take This Salary For A Start? by Nobody: 11:06pm On May 29, 2016
UEDIBO:

Bros, small small o! You have 8 YEARS of working experience, an M.Sc in Information technology, you're married with 3 kids, and you've been living on #16,000? 16k daily, abi weekly?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hello N'landers, As A Job Seeker Would You Take This Salary For A Start? by valralph(m): 11:33pm On May 29, 2016
hillso7:

My friend has an MSc and collects 50k, transport is abt 30k.....he is doing it for the experience. Just build ur CV with the job and see if u can squat with friends around the company.
Re: Hello N'landers, As A Job Seeker Would You Take This Salary For A Start? by BabaGodwins: 11:39pm On May 29, 2016
hillso7:
are?

Let him take it
I'm graduate too (B. Ed n M. Sc) and earn 10k per month

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Just Got A Banking Job But Age Falsification Is Standing In My Way / Alert! Has Anyone Received His/her N-POWER January Stipend. / NNPC Recruitment Criteria Exclude Graduates From Poor Homes, Says NANS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.