Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,962 members, 7,806,784 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:57 PM

Why Buhari Did Not Release Details Of Stolen Asset Recovered– Lai Mohammed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Buhari Did Not Release Details Of Stolen Asset Recovered– Lai Mohammed (25102 Views)

Buhari Did Not Lie About My Father - Ojukwu's Son / Owie: If My Wife Does What Aisha Buhari Did She'll Return To Her Parents / Buhari Fails To Keep Promise To Release Details Of Looters, Recovered Assets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Buhari Did Not Release Details Of Stolen Asset Recovered– Lai Mohammed by ganisucks(f): 9:19pm On May 29, 2016
President Muhammadu Buhari did not release
details of looted asset, recovered from corrupt persons, due to “legal reasons”, an official has
said.
The Minister of Information, Lai Mohammed,
disclosed this on Sunday evening, hours after Mr.
Buhari’s Democracy Day broadcast.
“Yes, he initially said so (that he’ll give specific
details about recovered loot), but he was advised
against doing so for legal reasons,” the Cable
Newspapers quoted Mr. Mohammed as saying
during an interview on Channels Television.
Mr. Buhari had on May 14 in London promised to
provide specific details of stolen asset by former
public officials.
“So far, what has come out, what has been
recovered in whatever currency from each
ministries, departments and individuals, I intend
on the 29th to speak on this because all Nigerians
are getting from the mass media because of the
number of people arrested either by the EFCC,
DSS. But we want to make a comprehensive
report on the 29th,” Mr. Buhari had said.
But during his nation-wide address on Sunday
morning, the President failed to make the details
public. Instead, he said, the Information Ministry
would soon release relevant details.
The development immediately drew the ire of
Nigerians, who became outraged that their leader
has once again failed to live up to his words.
But Mr. Mohammed said his principal has the
right to reverse himself.
“Of course, he has a right to reverse himself on
that,” he said.
Mr. Mohammed, however, said the administration
will publish some details of recovered loot, but a
far cry from what the president initially promised.
“We will get the list but not today; before the end
of the week. But I must say not with the names,”
he said.

www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/204305-buhari-not-release-details-stolen-asset-recovered-corrupt-officials-lai-mohammed.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Did Not Release Details Of Stolen Asset Recovered– Lai Mohammed by DRISKLEF(m): 9:21pm On May 29, 2016
No wa. Excuses upon excuses.

Didn't Mr president know these legal restrictions before promising the populace that he was going to disclose names? Oh so this 's what you do.
Rushing to the media to make a statement in other to entice and brown-nose the citizens into believing what's not. I said it before, Mr president is too quick with words.
I dont know whatever makes him think that he can say one thing today and come back to retract them tomorrow but still expect the people to smile and pretend along with him without asking questions.

Apc should leave media publicity and face the issues at hand. A government that's working wouldn't need all that, the people does it for them!

101 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Did Not Release Details Of Stolen Asset Recovered– Lai Mohammed by omoyemirally(f): 9:22pm On May 29, 2016
I believe in buhari. Surely,he has d right to reverse himself. Whether he makes it public or not, am sure he wud make good use of d recovered fund. May God help u our President.

Wailers............food is ready.

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Did Not Release Details Of Stolen Asset Recovered– Lai Mohammed by Achuwa1(m): 9:25pm On May 29, 2016
apc & pmb is a big scam.
what are u going to release if u dont release the looters names aas gainst the amount he stole.
apc as a party is a scam,full of lies & deceit.

80 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Did Not Release Details Of Stolen Asset Recovered– Lai Mohammed by PFRB: 9:29pm On May 29, 2016
There was nothing in the 1st place.

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Did Not Release Details Of Stolen Asset Recovered– Lai Mohammed by ganisucks(f): 9:30pm On May 29, 2016
I J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊ƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇τ̣̣̥ saw Garba Shehu on NTA claim, that the details ☀̤̣̈̇f the recovered loots will be released on wednesday or thursday. I'll be watching in CGI, 3D.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Did Not Release Details Of Stolen Asset Recovered– Lai Mohammed by DONMAYOR19(m): 9:30pm On May 29, 2016
so he no know legal reasons before he was making mouth in London that he will release the names abi? Thunder fire you and buhari for there. id1ots.

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Did Not Release Details Of Stolen Asset Recovered– Lai Mohammed by emerged01(m): 9:33pm On May 29, 2016
Hmm,there is a lot of issues not known to the public behind this list. I believe this is the right time for all these good-for-nothing organizations need to put pressure on the Govt to release the amount stolen and the names.

5 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Did Not Release Details Of Stolen Asset Recovered– Lai Mohammed by Faremisodeeq(m): 9:33pm On May 29, 2016
Re: Why Buhari Did Not Release Details Of Stolen Asset Recovered– Lai Mohammed by bigboss80s(m): 9:56pm On May 29, 2016
Excuses and more excuses. Didn't he know about legal pitfalls before promising that he would name and shame looters?
That's one of this administration's biggest problems, reneging on promises.
Nigerians are getting impatient and irritated.

13 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Did Not Release Details Of Stolen Asset Recovered– Lai Mohammed by sanandreas(m): 10:04pm On May 29, 2016
Double mouthed party. Menh na to leave naija sure pass. Nothing good will come in this administration.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Did Not Release Details Of Stolen Asset Recovered– Lai Mohammed by youngeagle(m): 10:09pm On May 29, 2016
We are in for it,corrupt minds with no single truth in there mouth will keep on deceiving there zombies

6 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Did Not Release Details Of Stolen Asset Recovered– Lai Mohammed by ajebuter(f): 10:16pm On May 29, 2016
A government of : talk-first-and-think-later.

Iranu.

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Did Not Release Details Of Stolen Asset Recovered– Lai Mohammed by giga02(m): 10:24pm On May 29, 2016
Buhari na big scam to Nigerians

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Did Not Release Details Of Stolen Asset Recovered– Lai Mohammed by Rose2014: 10:24pm On May 29, 2016
[/quote]“We will get the list but not today; before the end
of the week. But I must say not with the names,”[quote]

What kind of list without the names again? grin

Zombies yaff suffered
Feeding on lies daily grin

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Did Not Release Details Of Stolen Asset Recovered– Lai Mohammed by lorbah001(m): 10:49pm On May 29, 2016
giga02:
Buhari na big scam to Nigerians

U will take back ur statement soon

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Did Not Release Details Of Stolen Asset Recovered– Lai Mohammed by three: 10:55pm On May 29, 2016
[size=15pt]LIE-ON of BOURDILLON[/size]

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Did Not Release Details Of Stolen Asset Recovered– Lai Mohammed by todayboy: 11:03pm On May 29, 2016
Why is Buhari afraid to name them
Coward president he is tired of his media trial

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Did Not Release Details Of Stolen Asset Recovered– Lai Mohammed by jameseva: 11:18pm On May 29, 2016
Bitch*s can say whatever the f*ck they want! Buhari is the most upright president nigeria has ever had!!!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Did Not Release Details Of Stolen Asset Recovered– Lai Mohammed by silentachieverr(m): 11:37pm On May 29, 2016
I'm really fed up with this government and that is a big understatement.

10 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Did Not Release Details Of Stolen Asset Recovered– Lai Mohammed by warriiboguy: 11:43pm On May 29, 2016
1 yr done, 3yrs more 2 go. God pls c us through. I bet Buhari's booting of power in 2019 wild b worse than GEJ of 2015 if things remain this way.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Did Not Release Details Of Stolen Asset Recovered– Lai Mohammed by brayan(m): 11:46pm On May 29, 2016
Cheap publicity stunt

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Did Not Release Details Of Stolen Asset Recovered– Lai Mohammed by malton: 3:08am On May 30, 2016
lipsrsealed
Re: Why Buhari Did Not Release Details Of Stolen Asset Recovered– Lai Mohammed by milky3(f): 3:57am On May 30, 2016
why giving so much excuses

3 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Did Not Release Details Of Stolen Asset Recovered– Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 5:20am On May 30, 2016
We don't need their names but our looted fund. God bless Buhari
Re: Why Buhari Did Not Release Details Of Stolen Asset Recovered– Lai Mohammed by fitzmayowa: 5:23am On May 30, 2016
So PMB was not aware of the so called "legal" reason before traveling to UK to do his usual "basket mouth don dey lick abi"...

Sometimes I begin wonder if he talks before he thinks, i don't envy PMB's media Team he is just making their job more and more difficult...

At this rate APC is already campaigning for the opposition, with their usual promise and fail syndrome, no one forced PMB to make the statement of releasing the names of looters...

Why make a promise you can't keep...Yeye dey smell

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Did Not Release Details Of Stolen Asset Recovered– Lai Mohammed by 234GT(m): 6:18am On May 30, 2016
Buhari is a funny man. When he was promising that he will publish those names, he was definitely thinking that May 29, 2016 will never come.

8 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Did Not Release Details Of Stolen Asset Recovered– Lai Mohammed by Abeymills(m): 6:45am On May 30, 2016
Yeye govt zombies oya c Una selfish miser wicked president of daura d dullard

8 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Did Not Release Details Of Stolen Asset Recovered– Lai Mohammed by STARGREEN(m): 6:45am On May 30, 2016
This Gentleman Lia will always dig out one delicious lie to cover his boss. Which ever reasons sir... he failed to keep his words as usual

6 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Did Not Release Details Of Stolen Asset Recovered– Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 6:57am On May 30, 2016
There is an atom of truth in every lies, below is the truth in Mr liable liar lia Muhammad lies,

The development immediately drew the ire of
Nigerians, who became outraged that THEIR LEADER HAS ONCE AGAIN FAILED to live up to his words.
But Mr. Mohammed said his principal has the
right to reverse himself.

buhari has been failing us, he is a failure, we are in a failed government.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Did Not Release Details Of Stolen Asset Recovered– Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 7:20am On May 30, 2016
all promise cancelled

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Did Not Release Details Of Stolen Asset Recovered– Lai Mohammed by dynamo77(m): 7:32am On May 30, 2016
Anyone in his right thinking mind should have known they won't publish shii...

Members of the APC party including those who joined from PDP are among those the loots were recovered from.

Last bullet: I don't expect anyone to be surprised when you discover the amount recovered is so little and not worth all this noise!

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Journalist, Others Escape Herdsmen Attack In Edo / IMPEACHMENT ; Intrigues Of Lawmakers’ Defection In Rivers. / Tinubu Suffers Gaffe At Kebbi, Urges Supporters To Vote On 25th January (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.