Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,984 members, 7,806,870 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:39 AM

Killing Of Gorilla To Save Boy At Ohio Zoo Sparks Outrage - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Killing Of Gorilla To Save Boy At Ohio Zoo Sparks Outrage (3371 Views)

Mom's Racy Outfit To Host Son's 5th Birthday Party At School Sparks Criticism / Lady Shares Photo Of Herself And Sister Kissing In A Car, Sparks Outrage On IG / Crazy Things Women Do To Save Their Marriages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Killing Of Gorilla To Save Boy At Ohio Zoo Sparks Outrage by nnamdibig(m): 3:45am On May 31, 2016
5minsmadness:

That's just the point. there arent a million gorillas anywhere. There are only a 100,000 gorillas left in the world.

Scratch that, 99,999 now.

RIP Harambe.

I still value the life of a child to that of the remaining gorillas.
Re: Killing Of Gorilla To Save Boy At Ohio Zoo Sparks Outrage by Ishilove: 4:08am On May 31, 2016
Onegai:

Of course they should. The child was hurt more from the fall and the rough play than actual attempt to kill from the gorilla. Plus witnesses are saying that the boy kept saying he wanted to go into the cage with the gorilla. His parents should have held him tighter. I have a relative like this, with a son like this (who doesn't hear word) and she will be there, bleating helplessly, whilst the boy misbehaves. When he went to stay with my sister, the first time he stepped out of line was the last time that period. As soon as he got back to his mum, he pulled a crazy stunt and got lost on a bridge and almost fell overboard.

If you've been to the Cincinnati Zoo, you will know whoever was minding the child that day ought to be slapped for this. That is why there is a leash for children, some kids have to be harnessed.
I have a friend with a child exactly like the one you have described. Very stubborn a boy who doesn't listen. He doesn't like me in particular whenever I come around, after raking, I give him hot 'abara' on his back, something his mum doesn't do grin

From what I could see the child was more in danger of drowning than anything else. The animal kept checking the boy out excitedly, not to harm, but to show 'who's the boss'. It's their nature.

I kinda feel for it, but I wouldn't trade that for the boy's life.
Re: Killing Of Gorilla To Save Boy At Ohio Zoo Sparks Outrage by Ishilove: 4:10am On May 31, 2016
An0nimus:

@bolded I can only imagine the horror. In that split sec the only thing to think of is how to ice the gorilla. The parents should be prosecuted but I doubt that's going to happen.
My dear they should. The child entered the gorilla's territory and began screaming. He saw that animal is not as cute as he first imagined cheesy
Re: Killing Of Gorilla To Save Boy At Ohio Zoo Sparks Outrage by DjAndroid: 6:51am On May 31, 2016
This is the twitter handle of Harambe, the murdered gorilla. (@Great_Harambe): https://twitter.com/Great_Harambe?s=09
Re: Killing Of Gorilla To Save Boy At Ohio Zoo Sparks Outrage by PresVA: 7:40am On May 31, 2016
Ishilove:

Harambe was not going to harm that child. He was just playing rough play that would have killed the boy or seriously injured him.

I think the parents should face prosecution because their negligence has caused the depletion of the numbers of an almost extinct specie of animal
Exactly! The gorilla never wanted to kill the child, he was only 'playing' ... He was even 'safeguarding' the boy behind him....
Seriously, I pitied the gorilla because he was completely innocent... it was the boy that invaded his territory and caused him to be killed, really sad... cry

But yeah, the officials made the right decision. ..
Re: Killing Of Gorilla To Save Boy At Ohio Zoo Sparks Outrage by Horspiroll007(m): 7:57am On May 31, 2016
An0nimus:
From the video I saw, Harambe dragged the child across the water to another part of the enclosure. As a parent, I know I'll freak out and want the gorilla be killed. It was suggested if a zoo keeper familiar with the gorilla would've helped than gunning down the poor thing. Like Chris Pratt in Jurassic world. Abi na only film that one dey work sef

That only works in movies ooo. Don't try it in reality... Even tho in that film he had to run for escape after he had already saved d boy frm young worker frm the dinosaur
Re: Killing Of Gorilla To Save Boy At Ohio Zoo Sparks Outrage by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jun 02, 2016
jusRadical:
When pundits like us say that we hate the USA, many people will think that we are stupid.

USA is a satanic enclave, valuing the life of gorilla than that of a child.

They have gone beyond abortion to this one? GOD forbid.

Why did they move the gorilla to their land? Did the gorilla give his consent

Lollll @ that last bit there. The only part of your post I agree with grin

Zoos are actually a bad idea.

People have a capacity for sympathy. It is completely normal for people to be upset/sympathize with the Gorilla's outcome, and that does nothing to diminish their sense of concern for the child, or children in general. The opposite outcome would've surely produced an uproar as well. There's no need to spin this as man vs beast, and yes, realistically, humans should afford some level of care to animals and our surrounding environment, and, in fact, a great deal more than we do currently.

2 Likes

Re: Killing Of Gorilla To Save Boy At Ohio Zoo Sparks Outrage by okwabayi(m): 7:25pm On Aug 19, 2018
The only thing which pained me was the wasted bush meat. I hope they cut the carcass up and fed it to pigs. Pigs eat almost anything.
Re: Killing Of Gorilla To Save Boy At Ohio Zoo Sparks Outrage by Nobody: 2:47am On Aug 21, 2018
All zoos around the world should be banned, animals shouldn't be locked up for the entertainment of people and their brat kids, they should be left to roam around freely in their natural habitat. How would you feel if they lock you up in a cage for the entertainment of others? You wouldn't like that would you? So do the Animals.

1 Like

Re: Killing Of Gorilla To Save Boy At Ohio Zoo Sparks Outrage by Nobody: 10:06am On Aug 21, 2018
Horspiroll007:

That only works in movies ooo. Don't try it in reality... Even tho in that film he had to run for escape after he had already saved d boy frm young worker frm the dinosaur
It will work, because the Gorilla is definitely familiar with the zoo keeper since he is the one that takes care of it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Shares Encounter With A Woman Who Brought Her Kids And Maid To Restaurant / Pains Of A Full Time House Wife. / Four Police Officers Help Pregnant Woman Deliver (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.