Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,104 members, 7,807,331 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:22 PM

Honda Accord Experts Opinion Needed In This Issue - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Honda Accord Experts Opinion Needed In This Issue (1986 Views)

Your Candid Opinion Needed Please on mercedes c180 2000 model / Custom Wahala For Every Car User :general Opinion Needed / Kindly Help Find A Solution To This Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Honda Accord Experts Opinion Needed In This Issue by eonwusah(m): 7:32am On May 30, 2016
Pls I need serious suggestion on this issue am having with honda eod key starter. The key starter only stops at start button instead of reaching lock button when switching d car off thereby causing the car battery to drain faster because things like radio and other things will still be active. Any suggestion on what might be causing it. Thanks
Re: Honda Accord Experts Opinion Needed In This Issue by mayor2013: 7:43am On May 30, 2016
eonwusah:
Pls I need serious suggestion on this issue am having with honda eod key starter. The key starter only stops at start button instead of reaching lock button when switching d car off thereby causing the car battery to drain faster because things like radio and other things will still be active. Any suggestion on what might be causing it. Thanks

What year is your honda accord? The ignition cylinder arrangment of its teeths might be out of alignment. Best bet is to have an auto electrician change it

1 Like

Re: Honda Accord Experts Opinion Needed In This Issue by ZIMDRILL(m): 9:51am On May 30, 2016
eonwusah:

key starter i guess you mean the ignition switch, i assume your car is automatic some automatic the car has to be in park for you to be able to take the key from ignition barrel

am confused when you say REACHING THE LOCK BUTTON this is a ignition switch i have never seen an ignition switch that has a lock button

there is nothing like alignment of teeth of the ingnition barrel, but only the key is the one which gets worn out that it wont be able to press the teeth side the barrel therefore you wont be able to start your car or it fails to go through 3 stages of a average ignition switch
Re: Honda Accord Experts Opinion Needed In This Issue by mayor2013: 12:29pm On May 30, 2016
ZIMDRILL:

key starter i guess you mean the ignition switch, i assume your car is automatic some automatic the car has to be in park for you to be able to take the key from ignition barrel

am confused when you say REACHING THE LOCK BUTTON this is a ignition switch i have never seen an ignition switch that has a lock button

there is nothing like alignment of teeth of the ingnition barrel, but only the key is the one which gets worn out that it wont be able to press the teeth side the barrel therefore you wont be able to start your car or it fails to go through 3 stages of a average ignition switch

Just look @ you shooting yourself in the leg undecided
Re: Honda Accord Experts Opinion Needed In This Issue by eonwusah(m): 1:18pm On May 30, 2016
ignition switch I mean. picture attached to show what Am talking about.It can't turn to lock which is 0 in that switch. Only stops at 1.It ve automatic gear box.

Re: Honda Accord Experts Opinion Needed In This Issue by mayor2013: 1:59pm On May 30, 2016
Change the ignition cylinder and your car would be fine
Re: Honda Accord Experts Opinion Needed In This Issue by carreport(m): 2:36pm On May 30, 2016
I think you mean Ignition cylinder not key starter.

Honda EOD is quite tricky so take it to a good electrician to change the ignition cylinder. That ignition cylinder also controls how your Auto gear lever works.

From what you have described it shows that someone had worked on it before albeit unsuccessfully because normally you wouldn't be able to remove the key if it doesn't get to the end (lock).

2 Likes

Re: Honda Accord Experts Opinion Needed In This Issue by sultaan(m): 2:44pm On May 30, 2016
Have you tried pushing the key in then turn off. Some cars like Kia optima requires you to push a little when you get to 1
Re: Honda Accord Experts Opinion Needed In This Issue by eonwusah(m): 3:15pm On May 30, 2016
I ve done everything But still no progress. a friend that is using d same model of d honda told me that's how EOD use to do.That d car will decide when to enter lock or not.That's my friend theory about d issue.laughs. Waiting for one electrician to come and check it out so that I will know what he will also say. But pls Mr mayor, How much is d ignition switch just in case if the electrician want to inflate d price. thanks
Re: Honda Accord Experts Opinion Needed In This Issue by mayor2013: 5:59pm On May 30, 2016
[b][/b]
eonwusah:
I ve done everything But still no progress. a friend that is using d same model of d honda told me that's how EOD use to do.That d car will decide when to enter lock or not.That's my friend theory about d issue.laughs. Waiting for one electrician to come and check it out so that I will know what he will also say. But pls Mr mayor, How much is d ignition switch just in case if the electrician want to inflate d price. thanks

I do not sell parts
Re: Honda Accord Experts Opinion Needed In This Issue by sultaan(m): 7:28pm On May 30, 2016
You see the sign in you pic above the key hole that says push then turn?

have you tried that?

It might be your park is not completely engaged put it in neutral then to park if it does not work go to your fuse box and remove the fuse for pointers and try again

1 Like

Re: Honda Accord Experts Opinion Needed In This Issue by ZIMDRILL(m): 10:33pm On May 30, 2016
mayor2013:

Just look @ you shooting yourself in the leg undecided

explain ?
Re: Honda Accord Experts Opinion Needed In This Issue by ZIMDRILL(m): 10:52pm On May 30, 2016
mayor2013:
Change the ignition cylinder and your car would be fine

he cant just change the ignition switch

why becoz if the changes the switch its self that mean he has to change the key meaning the if he is get a used ignition switch and its key, the key has to be coded to be car

but he has to findout which part of the ignition switch is fault, most ignition swich have two parts the barrell its self anf then switch its self

the switch can be replaced the barrell can be but it depends if you can take out the key combination part of the barrel that differ from car to car and also manufacturer

but on some car if the car in not in park the key wont come out (automatic models)

the pictures

1st show the ignition key combination part

2nd the barel and the switch

3rd the switch

4 th barrel and ignition switch as one unit

Re: Honda Accord Experts Opinion Needed In This Issue by ZIMDRILL(m): 10:55pm On May 30, 2016
sultaan:
Have you tried pushing the key in then turn off. Some cars like Kia optima requires you to push a little when you get to 1

i think you got it, some cars you push to release the key

so he might be a new driver to this car hence he doesnt know to push so he would release

if he not a new driver then something has gone wrong
Re: Honda Accord Experts Opinion Needed In This Issue by mayor2013: 11:46pm On May 30, 2016
ZIMDRILL:

i think you got it, some cars you push to release the key

so he might be a new driver to this car hence he doesnt know to push so he would release

if he not a new driver then something has gone wrong

If the "op" has truly got a honda accord then the ignition system and key were not designed in such way. Although seen in other brand of cars
Re: Honda Accord Experts Opinion Needed In This Issue by lonelydora: 11:56pm On May 30, 2016
In Kazeem voice "e don jump teeth".

1. Bros, first check if your gear (I guess it's Automatic) is fully on Park position. Most times, the lever will be in Park but the sensor/solenoid hasn't detected it. Remove the gear from Park and push it back a little bit harder to Park.

2. Try push the key in and turn. Maybe you didn't insert the key in fully before turning (switching it on). This will reset the teeth alignment, thereby your difficulty in bringing it out.

3. Have you been using your key manually to open the door/boot? Maybe your remote key is no longer working, over time the door/boot teeth will scratch off (wash) some portion of the key teeth, which misaligns the ignition teeth when used.

MY SOLUTION: Mould a manual key and use it to open doors/boots whenever your remote key stops working. Do not use it for ignition, afterall it won't start the car.

It is not a common problem with EOD as your friend said, but most people don't care when their remote stops working, thereby opening the doors manually
Re: Honda Accord Experts Opinion Needed In This Issue by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:05am On May 31, 2016
mayor2013:

If the "op" has truly got a honda accord then the ignition system and key were not designed in such way. Although seen in other brand of cars

the OP attached the picture have you seen it ?

it clear written PUSH

that what SULTAAN observed

and some cars work that why
Re: Honda Accord Experts Opinion Needed In This Issue by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:21am On May 31, 2016
lonelydora:
In Kazeem voice "e don jump teeth".

1. Bros, first check if your gear (I guess it's Automatic) is fully on Park position. Most times, the lever will be in Park but the sensor/solenoid hasn't detected it. Remove the gear from Park and push it back a little bit harder to Park.

2. Try push the key in and turn, which EOD do not require anyway. Maybe you didn't insert the key in fully before turning (switching it on). This will reset the teeth alignment, thereby your difficulty in bringing it out.

3. Have you been using your key manually to open the door/boot? Maybe your remote key is no longer working, o[s]ver time the door/boot teeth will scratch off (wash) some portion of the key teeth, which misaligns [/s]the ignition teeth when used.

MY SOLUTION: Mould a manual key and use it to open doors/boots whenever your remote key stops working. Do not use it for ignition, afterall it won't start the car.

It is not a common problem with EOD as your friend said, but mist people don't care when they thee remote stops working.

i get what you are saying you have the knowledge but point of correction!! they dont relign thats a big NO but since the key would have been worn out of its combination pattern, the worn out part of the key wont press down the corresponding key apttern of the barrel therefore the sequence is not complete

the key pattern in the barrel is a fixed pattern it moves but not as in religning but remains in one position and the key note on the key presses its correspinding in the barrel and if its short i.e worn out it wont release the sequence is not complete so the pattern

1 Like

Re: Honda Accord Experts Opinion Needed In This Issue by eonwusah(m): 12:22am On May 31, 2016
Will try again at morning and see what will happen.Thanks all ur opinions.
Re: Honda Accord Experts Opinion Needed In This Issue by lonelydora: 12:24am On May 31, 2016
ZIMDRILL:

i get what you are saying you have the knowledge but point of correction!! they dont relign thats a big NO but since the key would have been worn out of its combination pattern, the worn out part of the key wont press down the corresponding key apttern of the barrel therefore the sequence is not complete

the key pattern in the barrel is a fixed pattern it moves but not as in religning but remains in one position and the key note on the key presses its correspinding in the barrel and if its short i.e worn out it wont release the sequence is not complete so the pattern

My brother, na the same thing we dey talk. Na command of English dey cause am. I no too go school. grin

1 Like

Re: Honda Accord Experts Opinion Needed In This Issue by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:54am On May 31, 2016
lonelydora:

My brother, na the same thing we dey talk. Na command of English dey cause am. I no too go school. grin

cool

by the why i am a zimbabwean

pigin english is not how we speak or write

1 Like

Re: Honda Accord Experts Opinion Needed In This Issue by lonelydora: 3:40am On May 31, 2016
ZIMDRILL:

cool

by the why i am a zimbabwean

pigin english is not how we speak or write

Sorry bro. Never knew you are a Zimbabwean.
Re: Honda Accord Experts Opinion Needed In This Issue by eonwusah(m): 10:38am On May 31, 2016
Good morning everyone. Want to thank everyone for ur suggestions on d issue I talked about. I moved d gear back and then to park again and it worked. it ve finally entered locked mood. thank u oooo. laughs

1 Like

Re: Honda Accord Experts Opinion Needed In This Issue by mayor2013: 12:22pm On May 31, 2016
eonwusah:
Good morning everyone. Want to thank everyone for ur suggestions on d issue I talked about. I moved d gear back and then to park again and it worked. it ve finally entered locked mood. thank u oooo. laughs

Look at you grin
Re: Honda Accord Experts Opinion Needed In This Issue by lonelydora: 9:15pm On May 31, 2016
eonwusah:

Just Negodu Imagine. Happy it worked.
Re: Honda Accord Experts Opinion Needed In This Issue by sultaan(m): 3:07pm On Jun 01, 2016
sultaan:
You see the sign in you pic above the key hole that says push then turn?

have you tried that?

It might be your park is not completely engaged put it in neutral then to park if it does not work go to your fuse box and remove the fuse for pointers and try again

From 10 posts ago grin
Re: Honda Accord Experts Opinion Needed In This Issue by joek(m): 7:27pm On Jun 02, 2016
Hello everyone. Pls I want to get a car with small budget and I went to a Mechanic. He told me I should buy a manual one. Honda Accord for 300k. Nigeria used. Is manual OK or should I go for Automatic?
Re: Honda Accord Experts Opinion Needed In This Issue by nurey(m): 8:46pm On Jun 02, 2016
joek:
Hello everyone. Pls I want to get a car with small budget and I went to a Mechanic. He told me I should buy a manual one. Honda Accord for 300k. Nigeria used. Is manual OK or should I go for Automatic?
1. Don't derail this thread why don't you open yours

2. It's actually you that will drive the car, which ever you feel is OK for you is what you should pick out of the two

3. Manual is less trouble some compared to auto, as the maintenance is minimal. But manual isn't easy as a first time driver and hectic during traffic especially lagos go-slow-type-of-traffic

4. Which Honda accord are you talking about, year, region and a pix would be nice to assist you to decide

(1) (Reply)

Ikorodu To Ajegunle-Apapa! In Search Of Motorists Going My Way. / Conversion From Auto To Manual Transmission - Highlander 2004 / This Toyota iQ Smart Car Has An Aston Martin V8 Engine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.