Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,934 members, 7,799,163 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:19 PM

Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally (42175 Views)

Top 5 States In Nigeria With High Employment Opportunity - Careerportal.ng / He Spent Over N6m For Masters In U.K But Regretting It Because No Job Yet / Staying Back After NYSC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by Nobody: 11:53am On May 30, 2016
I really love to stay in Lagos, Nigeria working, but getting a job even with my experience and good grade(2.1) is almost impossible.

I have searched and searched and searched, attended interviews, but all to no avail. The worse was the interview I attended today, this morning @lekki-epe express way; I was discharged after about 2 to 3 questions only(about 3 mins).....meanwhile, the first applicant spent almost 30 mins. I just looked at the lady like.....is it my face? Is my 2.1 not enough? Didnt i answer your questions correctly? Infact i almost swore never to attend any interview again.....e beta make i kukuma explore my music talent....

I really love to base in Lagos. Get a good job, marry and have kids. I'm almost losing hope in my job search! Infact I no think say anybody for nairaland search reach me!!!

Now, I have another option to stay in America illegally, until I secure complete papers for stay(which will take time) I'll be staying with a family member, going to school and working.......general hustling till I get a green card.

Please, what do you guys suggest?

#I taya for this joblessness no be small# its killing

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by Nobody: 12:13pm On May 30, 2016
austinosita:
I really love to stay in Lagos, Nigeria working, but getting a job even with my experience and good grade(2.1) is almost impossible.

I have searched and searched and searched, attended interviews, but all to no avail. The worse was the interview I attended today, this morning @lekki-epe express way; I was discharged after about 2 to 3 questions only(about 3 mins).....meanwhile, the first applicant spent almost 30 mins. I just looked at the lady like.....is it my face? Is my 2.1 not enough? Didnt i answer your questions correctly? Infact i almost swore never to attend any interview again.....e beta make i kukuma explore my music talent....

I really love to base in Lagos. Get a good job, marry and have kids. I'm almost losing hope in my job search! Infact I no think say anybody for nairaland search reach me!!!

Now, I have another option to stay in America illegally, until I secure complete papers for stay(which will take time) I'll be staying with a family member, going to school and working.......general hustling till I get a green card.

What' did you study?

Mod:

I made front page!

BTW country names are no longer abbreviated by adding dots in between the letters. U. S. A is USA.
Take note mods.

Please you guys should stop spamming my mentions with help msg, I only wanted to help the Op because he has tried hard to get one. Never said I was gonna help anyone else. Go out and hustle#

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by FrankLampard: 12:14pm On May 30, 2016
Run for your life.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by Barywhyte(m): 12:18pm On May 30, 2016
Sorry about this op. After 3mins, u were "discarded". That means u didn't impress. You must find out why u failed to impress your interviewers. And take care of that in your next interview. I don't c how running to America will make your life more meaningful.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by spicyuzo(m): 12:27pm On May 30, 2016
Lol.....The interview part got me cracking.....

Well I'm your bro in the job hunt race..Same similarities and love for Lagos....

My Take.....Keep the spirit alive, I'm seven months deep in the unemployment market, But i try to convince my self to live and approach everyday like its mylast on the job market.

The major fight for us is that battle that goes on in the mind...I just tell myself I must establish my career in this lagos.

I always want to belive the hardest part of a task is the last part, so even as I starve sometimes in a bid to keep up, I tell myself I'm approaching the end of my job hunting days.

So before you travel, please give urself a little more job hunting time...For the love of Nigeria, For the Love of Lagos.....it shall be well with us.

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by Nobody: 12:50pm On May 30, 2016
Sugarhugs:

What' did you study?

Industrial chemistry
Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by Nobody: 12:53pm On May 30, 2016
austinosita:

Industrial chemistry

OH, would have helped out if it was a business related course.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by Nobody: 1:01pm On May 30, 2016
Sugarhugs:

Thanks for ur concern

12 Likes

Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by chiMoni37(m): 1:03pm On May 30, 2016
austinosita:

....... Op if you see way go...... Run Go jant.. Me sef get bsc chemistry.. US of A is d best option

14 Likes

Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by Hassy4(f): 1:04pm On May 30, 2016
Sugarhugs:

Hmmm
Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by chiMoni37(m): 1:06pm On May 30, 2016
For me... Getting green paper wud help you secure a job....

2 Likes

Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by CharleyCharley: 1:12pm On May 30, 2016
Oga, you dey even think am twice?

if you have the means, flee from this hell-hole.
A word is enough for the wise.

Who else is feeling my rhymes? grin grin

91 Likes 1 Share

Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by Enesi01(m): 1:15pm On May 30, 2016
Sugarhugs:

Sorry can i fit in?? Public admin 2.1

27 Likes

Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by Zico5(m): 1:33pm On May 30, 2016
U just need to take life the way it is. Try to get urself occupied and continue ur job search. Tough time never last but tough people do. Don't throw away any opportunity, u never can tell which one will work. If traveling comes ur way, think about it and make ur decision. Never relent until u re satisfied in ur endeavor.

1 Like

Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by lekjons(m): 1:33pm On May 30, 2016
people talk as if getting to U.S.A. is the best thing that can happen them..

if it is, those drug pushers would had had better alternatives to risking their lives..

10 Likes

Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by free2ryhme: 1:34pm On May 30, 2016
austinosita:

Do wetin dey your mind and damn the consequences angry

7 Likes

Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by cynhamscakes(f): 1:34pm On May 30, 2016
USA is obviously the better option here since you have a place you can stay. When you get job, just laylow and save save save money. Don't go living a larvish lifestyle and throwing money around, don't get involved in gang related activities. Just lay low and live your life there quietly. You won't be noticed.

With God's grace on your side, you will be able to file for your papers there.

I said this because it beats living in Naija job hunting for ages.

Another option for you is to learn a craft in Lagos and explore the business man in you.

All in all sha, if I'm in your shoes, na US of A get me. I no fit shout.

Please see my signature below to order for your cakes in Abuja

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by SAMBATLAN(m): 1:35pm On May 30, 2016
OK
Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by publicenemy(m): 1:35pm On May 30, 2016
Lol
Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by free2ryhme: 1:35pm On May 30, 2016
austinosita:

guy why share your problem when you and i know you are the only one that can answer the question.

4 Likes

Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by LordCenturion(m): 1:35pm On May 30, 2016
Guy, I will not advice u to stay in Nigeria

9 Likes

Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by free2ryhme: 1:36pm On May 30, 2016
cynhamscakes:

you represent your intelligence with a (.) grin

1 Like

Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by Nobody: 1:36pm On May 30, 2016
undecided
Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by lima10: 1:37pm On May 30, 2016
Even with first class... American is my option any day any time.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by Bolade005: 1:37pm On May 30, 2016
US doesn't clamp down on illegals as such so I'd say give it a try. The state of the economy doesn't look promising atall so it's better you jump now that the offer is still on the table.

Opportunity comes but once, bro. Be wise.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by olafum1(m): 1:37pm On May 30, 2016
Sugarhugs:

undecided undecided undecided

8 Likes

Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by McBrooklyn(m): 1:38pm On May 30, 2016
OP, A Piece Of Advice??

You Ever Heard Of Temple Run??

RUN! RUN!! RUN!!!

25 Likes

Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by coldsummer: 1:38pm On May 30, 2016
please for your sake and the sake of your children unborn don't stay in any country illegally. ...Not even in Ghana

8 Likes

Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by agbalej(m): 1:38pm On May 30, 2016
My dear stay there oooooo
Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by Seeeeeeee: 1:39pm On May 30, 2016
Hmmm stay in Nigeria give me the USA illegal connection i will be sending you money weekly base on percentage so that you can use it transport yourself around Nigeria and look for job i hope my suggestion helps...#PEACE

105 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by Cholls(m): 1:39pm On May 30, 2016
my brother the secret for anything in this mysterious world is PRAYER.

I can assure you brother........you can get anything with prayer.

God punish devil!.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by Emmysteve(m): 1:39pm On May 30, 2016
Why not travel through a legal mean instead of following illegality?

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Nigerian Bottling Company Graduate Trainee Program 2018 / How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? / Coronation 2021 Financial Planner/ Wealth Manager Graduate Trainee Programme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.