Stats: 3,147,802 members, 7,798,706 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:58 AM

Is It Necessary To Complain To My Boss Or I Just Quit. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is It Necessary To Complain To My Boss Or I Just Quit. (12866 Views)

My Boss' Relationship With A Co-Worker Is Affecting Our Productivity / I Caught My Boss Pants Down With The Organization's Secretary / I Got This For Asking My Boss My February Salary (2) (3) (4)

Is It Necessary To Complain To My Boss Or I Just Quit. by Nobody: 4:29pm On May 30, 2016
Good day fellow nairalanders. I was employed to teach in a computer institute, after one week of my stay, i approached my boss to know much will be my pay at the end of the month which she said she will discus it with her husband because she co own the school with her husband, I did not meet her again still the end of the month which is today. to my greatest surprise this woman gave me what even someone with just an SSCE may not accept. am done with HND am waiting to go for service by October. so my question is should I go to her and complain or I just resign without letting her know my reason for resigning because the pay cannot even get me a good fairly used android phone let alone carry for one month.

Re: Is It Necessary To Complain To My Boss Or I Just Quit. by Emmysteve(m): 4:36pm On May 30, 2016
Disclose the pay. I don't know why some people are secretive about their take home.

Anyway, there is no harm in relating with her that you're not comfortable with the pay after all you work for it.

27 Likes

Re: Is It Necessary To Complain To My Boss Or I Just Quit. by nurez305(m): 7:17pm On May 30, 2016
Tell us the pay, becos some ssce graduate still reject a job of 20k which a master graduate is wearing suit for and smilling with the 20k every month.
So lets know the pay first

19 Likes

Re: Is It Necessary To Complain To My Boss Or I Just Quit. by yomalex(m): 9:51pm On May 30, 2016
Hmm
Re: Is It Necessary To Complain To My Boss Or I Just Quit. by bolt000(m): 9:51pm On May 30, 2016
lemme put you on isscoming.
Re: Is It Necessary To Complain To My Boss Or I Just Quit. by UEDIBO: 9:53pm On May 30, 2016
HELP ME I BEG. I AM A CASUAL STAFF OF FEDERAL POLYTECHNIC IDAH KOGI STATE. I READ ELECTRONICS/TELECOMMUNICATION (HND) PGD IN EDUCATION PGD IN INFO TECH M.Sc INFO TECH WITH 8 YEARS IT EXPERIENCE. uedibo@yahoo.com
Re: Is It Necessary To Complain To My Boss Or I Just Quit. by adewumiopeyemi(m): 9:54pm On May 30, 2016
if the pay is 5k u beter do the work..... no work outside......manage it till u got a good offer grin grin grin

Re: Is It Necessary To Complain To My Boss Or I Just Quit. by cold(m): 9:54pm On May 30, 2016
Emmysteve:
Disclose the pay. I don't know why some people are secretive about their take home.

Anyway, there is no harm in relating with her that you're not comfortable with the pay after all you work for it.
I tire o! Like we're going to abduct him

Re: Is It Necessary To Complain To My Boss Or I Just Quit. by omojesu202(m): 9:54pm On May 30, 2016
things wohwoh gan
Re: Is It Necessary To Complain To My Boss Or I Just Quit. by sukkot: 9:54pm On May 30, 2016
well if you gone quit you may as well ask for a raise. if she fire yo ass - you was going to quit anyway

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Necessary To Complain To My Boss Or I Just Quit. by orimsamsam(m): 9:55pm On May 30, 2016
U suppose don agree on top salary before u start to dey work.

Are u telling me u didn't agree on any amount before u started teaching

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Necessary To Complain To My Boss Or I Just Quit. by olamilekan360(m): 9:56pm On May 30, 2016
Start scouting for a better job.... Meanwhile.. retain the one u gat

Re: Is It Necessary To Complain To My Boss Or I Just Quit. by omojesu202(m): 9:56pm On May 30, 2016
adewumiopeyemi:
if the pay is 5k u beter do the work..... no work outside......manage it till u got a good offer grin grin grin

this is not joke section please

Re: Is It Necessary To Complain To My Boss Or I Just Quit. by raziboi(m): 9:57pm On May 30, 2016
was the time home very small that you can't tell us about it but you want advice from us

my advice, keep working dia till further notice

Re: Is It Necessary To Complain To My Boss Or I Just Quit. by Shinelle(f): 9:57pm On May 30, 2016
Advice Seeking Nairalanders and their vague stories ..... ): I'll pass

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is It Necessary To Complain To My Boss Or I Just Quit. by adesteve0606(m): 9:58pm On May 30, 2016
Re: Is It Necessary To Complain To My Boss Or I Just Quit. by blessingikeh: 9:59pm On May 30, 2016
How much is ur salary before I will advise
Re: Is It Necessary To Complain To My Boss Or I Just Quit. by Nobody: 9:59pm On May 30, 2016
Tell us the amount or............
Re: Is It Necessary To Complain To My Boss Or I Just Quit. by rallymento(m): 10:00pm On May 30, 2016
Dont quit....but don't make urself indispensable. ... Pray to God for He alone can help you...
Re: Is It Necessary To Complain To My Boss Or I Just Quit. by lsfespiritus: 10:03pm On May 30, 2016
Tell us the amount you are paid so that we can advise based on it.
Re: Is It Necessary To Complain To My Boss Or I Just Quit. by pweetychyka(f): 10:03pm On May 30, 2016
You can manage dis job if your expenses ain't much! Considering d fact it isn't ya permanent job! Like u rytly said, u 'll be going for service by october.
But den, u made a mistake which u need to learn from! U don't work wit a firm whom/where u don't av an appointment letter....cos d firm myt deny u someday and u ain't gonna av a prove dat u were employed.

NB: from experience, ur appointment letter should av infos which includes ur date of employment, ur work tym frame, ur take home pay e.t.c

#oncebittentwiceshy

Re: Is It Necessary To Complain To My Boss Or I Just Quit. by chimah3(m): 10:04pm On May 30, 2016
Talk!!

Make him feel guilty
Re: Is It Necessary To Complain To My Boss Or I Just Quit. by yomi007k(m): 10:04pm On May 30, 2016
Shinelle:
Advice Seeking Nairalanders and their vague stories ..... ): I'll pass

i dey tell u tongue

Re: Is It Necessary To Complain To My Boss Or I Just Quit. by Nobody: 10:07pm On May 30, 2016
OP

Re: Is It Necessary To Complain To My Boss Or I Just Quit. by harsysky(m): 10:08pm On May 30, 2016
Op, it is easy as ABC. Your second option is to resign , so why not tell your boss about the salary since the worst that could happen is you quitting the job.

Take the risk!

Re: Is It Necessary To Complain To My Boss Or I Just Quit. by Nobody: 10:09pm On May 30, 2016
if your NYSC call up is near and the pay can transport you to work everyday keep working there until you go for service.

no need to ask for a raise because you won't get one, as sure as God made little apples.

take it as part if your life experiences.

Re: Is It Necessary To Complain To My Boss Or I Just Quit. by opson2016(m): 10:10pm On May 30, 2016
You've not stated the pay. How're we going to advice you?
Nigerians are secretive about two things: Age
Salary

Re: Is It Necessary To Complain To My Boss Or I Just Quit. by zikter(m): 10:11pm On May 30, 2016
how on earth can someone under any circumstances not negotiate for salary before taking up a job? bro u hv seriously undervalue urself by that singular act, therefore the employer may choose to give you anything or nothing. leave the job if u are not OK and don't commit this kind of blonder ever in ur life.

Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? / How To Negotiate A Better Salary | Career Advice Blog / What Advice Would You Give Undergraduates About The Labour Market?