Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,311 members, 7,808,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:58 AM

SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone (53011 Views)

Benefits Of Having A Verified Social Media Account. / Backup & Restore KIK Chats From Iphone / Ipad / Ipod Touch / How Can I Download Two Kik On My Fone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by Samtoby(m): 7:35pm On May 30, 2016
Like an hour ago, I was at the back sit of SARS vehicle with handcuffs in my hands. They said am a Yahoo boy for having a kik application on my smartphone.

I was traveling from Omu Aran to ilorin, I pressed up, wearing my blue Jean, T shirt, my newly bought African shaped neck chain and All stars sneakers. So the journey began and we passed the first police check point and few minutes after continuing the journey, we got to SARS people (at a junction in about entering Oke Onigbin town) and we were told to come down (all boys), I first feel scared but also I have nothing to be scared off cause I have the receipt for all my gadget with me, so I keep calm and answer his question perfectly. He check my pocket and found my two phones (Lumia 535 and Infinix Note 2), he check my bags and found my belongings (books, wires and my laptops), he asked if I have the receipt and I answered yes. Then he said I should unlock my phone (Note 2), I did and he start checking then he saw a social media app (KIK) on my phone, he asked if am a "game boy" and I said yes, all my mind was he is asking about video games because I have up to 20 games on my phone. He check other guys then told me to follow him, I did and he said "it's good that I don't lie", he asked my school and my name and I told him. Then from no where he said am a "Yahoo boy", the soul in me seems to left my body that moment, I realise am in big soup and I start swearing on everything that comes to my mouth. I deny his allegations then he start frowning and threat to destroy my career in school and that I will go to jail if I didn't confess, so I decided to come down to his level and ask how much to settle him, he said 20k, I started begging but he's desperate and then he called his boss, an old man, to my surprise he also lay the same allegations and all I can do is start begging and swearing am not a Yahoo boy.

After begging and rejecting their allegations, I was told to sit behind their vehicle, I did and they close the door on me while one of them keep saying they should handcuff me, I keep rejecting their allegations and then the guy earlier attempted to slap me right in the vehicle I sat in, he then decided to handcuff me from then. They start claiming they will destroy my life, that I agreed to been a Yahoo boy and then I started denying it again. I decided to keep shut and wait till my dad comes since we are not too far from home and I have signal to my brother (we both traveling together) to call my dad which he did, I waited and didn't talk to them anymore. Every cars passing were all looking at me right behind the vehicle, I felt embarrassed.

My dad came and they attended to him, they tell him what they said I am (yahoo boy) and that I have admit it, he knowing fully well who I am, told them that I am not and he knows fully what I do online. He told them that I am an importer and also work online as a freelance graphic designer. They said the app is for Yahoo boys and not app to import goods. I can't help but burst into tears because am presently embarrassing my dad along with me.

The boss then show my dad an app on his phone but my dad doesn't know anything about this stuff, the boss told me to explain what happened in front of my dad, I did and he ask why I have those apps on my phone, I explain am an importer and also an online person but he left and asked the first guy to attend to us. So my dad asked what the solution is since he knows they all want money, I didn't hear what goes next but he later gave them 2k after demanding for 5k, they removed the handcuff, gave my phone back to me and we left.

I have never experienced anything like this in my entire 20 years on earth, I only hear it but it happened to me today. It makes it my first time in their car or police car and first time of been in handcuff (which breaks my heart).

This is purely violation of human right and I regret that I have no evidence to follow this up. But never can I forget their faces on this earth.

***The app (Kik) is a social media app which I used to chat with a friend in Los Angeles, not a very common app in Nigeria but one of the most used app in USA making it the only social app to connect with her.

If this is what Nigeria has become (became), then it's a sad story.

Don't know if this is the right section, mods plz help forward to Front Page.

145 Likes 12 Shares

Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by Twaci(f): 7:42pm On May 30, 2016
Kpele. You had better comprehend a question before replying next time.

130 Likes 3 Shares

Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by feldido(m): 7:50pm On May 30, 2016
So sad,
Those guys are the real armed robbers angry
Police is your enemy

197 Likes 8 Shares

Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by Tundeiab(m): 8:09pm On May 30, 2016
Hmmm

That's the new change we are experiencing o.

Human rights are no longer respected!!!

They have a mentor in Buhari.

81 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by Nobody: 8:22pm On May 30, 2016
I need to hide some of these apps. Sorry OP.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by ChukwuIbrahim: 8:28pm On May 30, 2016
Twaci:

Op Kpele oo!
u should av slapped one of d officerz nah! angry

Twaci baby!
wasup na?
u didn't come out 4 miss nairaland diz yr? cheesy

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by xmich(m): 8:32pm On May 30, 2016
Samtoby:
I have never experienced anything like this in my entire 20 years on earth, I only hear it but it happened to me today. It makes it my first time in their car or police car and first time of been in handcuff (which breaks my heart).

This is purely violation of human right and I regret that I have no evidence to follow this up. But never can I forget their faces on this earth.

***The app (Kik) is a social media app which I used to chat with a friend in Los Angeles, not a very common app in Nigeria but one of the most used app in USA making it the only social app to connect with her.

If this is what Nigeria has become (became), then it's a sad story.

Don't know if this is the right section, mods plz help forward to Front Page.

chai what an embarrasing moment,sorry dear that is the price you have to pay as a nigerian.
Most of this said yahoo boys our security operatives dey catch na like this ooh,if you dont have any body to come for your rescue at that moment once it gets to station them go beat you sotee you concur,just thank your stars your dad knows your biz and was alarted earlier if not by tomorrow the news on nairaland would have been - 20yrs old yahoo boy nabbed by Special Anti Robbery Squad

137 Likes 8 Shares

Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by Twaci(f): 8:36pm On May 30, 2016
ChukwuIbrahim:

Op Kpele oo!
u should av slapped one of d officerz nah! angry

Twaci baby!
wasup na?
u didn't come out 4 miss nairaland diz yr? cheesy
cheesy cheesy. Didn't feel like.
Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by Samtoby(m): 8:41pm On May 30, 2016
xmich:

chai what an embarrasing moment,sorry dear that is the price you have to pay as a nigerian.
Most this said yahoo buys our sucurities dey chatch na like this ooh,if you dont have any body to come for your rescue at that moment once it gets to station them go beat you sotee you concur,just thank your star your dad knows your biz and was alarted earlier if not by tomorrow the news on nairaland would have been - 20yrs old yahoo boy nabbed by Special Anti Robbery Squad

I just thank God I wasn't traveling alone, they collect my phone I can't call anyone, my brother called my dad which he came to my rescue, I even hide my biz from my parent for years but decided to open up just last year.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by gwmlogistic: 8:44pm On May 30, 2016
I had a similar experience with this thieving retards on the same route sometimes back. But I made sure I had the last laugh. As I proceeded to the commissioner of police office after my encounter ( surprisingly I was sitting in his office after an hour of waiting). I laid my complaint and he reacted swiftly by inviting them over, they wia disgraced and humiliated. And locked up for 2weeks. I guess they haven't learnt their lesson. Op do not hesitate to go to the CP's office or the OC SARS at A division. U don't have to know anybody.

71 Likes 9 Shares

Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by Samtoby(m): 8:50pm On May 30, 2016
gwmlogistic:
I had a similar experience with this thieving retards on the same route sometimes back. But I made sure I had the last laugh. As I proceeded to the commissioner of police office after my encounter ( surprisingly I was sitting in his office after an hour of waiting). I laid my complaint and he reacted swiftly by inviting them over, they wia disgraced and humiliated. And locked up for 2weeks. I guess they haven't learnt their lesson. Op do not hesitate to go to the CP's office or the OC SARS at A division. U don't have to know anybody.

My dad won't want to follow it to that extent, he even told me to stop crying that it's how its written for me today.
Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by Samtoby(m): 8:52pm On May 30, 2016
Twaci:

Na one of the disadvantage of being a gamer something... I seriously think about another thing not knowing am helping the guy with his robbery act.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by ChukwuIbrahim: 8:55pm On May 30, 2016
Twaci:
cheesy cheesy. Didn't feel like.
issorite!
was one of ya campaign managerz dat yr oo!
mehn, Tohpahz hear am hott 4 my hand nor be small grin
Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by Twaci(f): 8:56pm On May 30, 2016
ChukwuIbrahim:

issorite!
was one of ya campaign managerz dat yr oo!
mehn, Tohpaz hear am hott 4 my hand nor be small grin
Respect baba cool
Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by gwmlogistic: 9:00pm On May 30, 2016
Samtoby:

My dad won't want to follow it to that extent, he even told me to stop crying that it's how its written for me today.
Then tomorrow same would be done to your brother or friend. If only would stand up to fight injustice. As much as people say Nigeria is bad and nothing works, u wld be surprised that something's actually work. U are a grown man and do not need your dad's consent to correct the injustice. Anyway it's just my opinion. To be sure that I know what I am typing about. The leader is an elderly man with tribal marks, the one that was most annoying is a tall black guy with klegs. And another short fair guy that seems more reasonable. U don't know the kind of joy u wld feel when u watch the CP disarm them and order that they should be locked up.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by xmich(m): 9:29pm On May 30, 2016
Samtoby:

I just thank God I wasn't traveling alone, they collect my phone I can't call anyone, my brother called my dad which he came to my rescue, I even hide my biz from my parent for years but decided to open up just last year.
I thank God for you
Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by VaginaTerrorist(m): 9:37pm On May 30, 2016
Sorry eeh. Some times you just gotto let some things go. Reporting dem is good but those guys can set u up as a youngman and quickly organise gun by you side and label you a criminal. Pls reduce on things that give you away as most times inocent people are usually harassed by looks, which in a proper setting should not be. Once again sorry, dont worry about people who saw u in their, everyone know those boys are always after money. Next time never argue with an officer, just keep your calm and next time try solve issues by ur self... All the best.

6 Likes

Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by Otunba4eva: 9:39pm On May 30, 2016
Oops, you particularly caused every thing that happen to you. Why? You lacked the ability to express yourself properly before an officer. Thank your God they didn't battered your face before they released you. They have seen the fret in you, you are already choking and they took advantage of you. You aren't properly inform about the law and you don't even know your fundamental human right.

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by chimah3(m): 10:05pm On May 30, 2016
You were only intimidated!

They realised you were a 'JEW'

And took pure advantage of it!

Pele!!

Get over it!

But wisen up.

You will still come across their type again!

NB: never negotiate Money with a Nigerian police officer, it will only give them more room to feel right about what they are doing.
Always stand your ground!!

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by SKAMM(m): 10:06pm On May 30, 2016
Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by johnstar(m): 10:06pm On May 30, 2016
Popo i hate dm
Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by merits(m): 10:06pm On May 30, 2016
Stop be a gamer,be a farmer

Be a farmer and produce food for the Nation

Tomatoes cost ooooo,invest in tomatoes today and see yourself as a millionaire tomorrow

See my tractor pix below,on my way to the farm.

Kindly hit like if you support my idea.

47 Likes

Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by DrChukzy(m): 10:07pm On May 30, 2016
You are really lucky OP. Your name and pictures would have circulated the Internet by now and you will be labelled a CRIMINAL by some foolish and ignorant Nigerians and Nairalanders.

That's why I pity most of all these paraded criminals, some of them are innocent but they won't be given chance to talk.

You need to thank God for your life o.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by cycline404(m): 10:08pm On May 30, 2016
Only in Nigeria is where you go around with the receipt of your laptop.

I remembered 2006, a police guy stop me, glanced through my phone, saw lots of international number, ask me who is this, I said my bro, that I said this and that.

Mumu police officer asked if I can call them, I said oga use your card not mine.

Oya settle me, I zoom off.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by Deen77: 10:08pm On May 30, 2016
feldido:
So sad,
Those guys are the real armed robbers angry
Police is your enemy

Police, run for your life.

11 Likes

Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by Jannylu(f): 10:09pm On May 30, 2016
That's what they have turned to

1 Like

Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by yomalex(m): 10:10pm On May 30, 2016
Hmm
Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by akashi01(m): 10:11pm On May 30, 2016
Nigeria has got a long way to go...
Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by d33types: 10:12pm On May 30, 2016
op, how old are you? 20? next time ,do not assume anything.. gameboy? c'mon? you learnt the hard way.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by valdes00(m): 10:12pm On May 30, 2016
KIK abi..... mak I rush go download d app.... Maga mist pay by all means possible.....

5 Likes

Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by SmithHumble50: 10:14pm On May 30, 2016
Police dey arrest for anything...

They arrest people for holding laptop bags...

So its a crime to own a laptop.. shocked shocked shocked

Anyone holding it is a yahoo boy....

so myopic of them

4 Likes

Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by dipznano: 10:15pm On May 30, 2016
Panic is the greatest weapon against yourself in situations like this! You need to stay composed... Many times have I been harassed driving, strolling or even in a cab, they say I'm dressed like a yahoo boy and my hair cut is like one undecided I just laugh at them for about a minute before I flash dem several Id cards and den ask dem for my phone or car keys while staring into their eye sockets... I swear I don offer them biscuit wey I dey chop on a stroll one day like dat dem no collect am sha grin

+ op, get urself together abeg, the whole matter still dey show 4 ur English, u no even sabi if na become or became grin

43 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Glo Introduces New Improved Data Plan / Remember This? First generation SIM packs (photo) / List Of Tecno Mobile Phones Available In The Market And Their Prices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.