Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,507 members, 7,781,559 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 05:00 PM

Mustapha’s Memoirs: Will Reveal How Abacha, Abiola Died, Says Al-mustapha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mustapha’s Memoirs: Will Reveal How Abacha, Abiola Died, Says Al-mustapha (27007 Views)

Hamza Al-mustapha’s 2019 Presidential Campaign Poster Surfaces / Market Demolition: No One Died, Says Okorocha; Lies, My 10-yr-old Son Is Dead / Al-Mustapha Floats Green Party Of Nigeria Ahead Of 2019 Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mustapha’s Memoirs: Will Reveal How Abacha, Abiola Died, Says Al-mustapha by centvin008(m): 7:56am On May 31, 2016
Challenges Obasanjo to public debate

…Says Yoruba leaders, except Oba Tejuosho, deceived MKO

By Ikenna Asomba

LAGOS—Former Chief Security Officer to the late Head of State, Gen. Sani Abacha, Major Hamza Al-Mustapha, yesterday, said he would soon reveal how his boss and the acclaimed winner of June 12, 1993 presidential election, Chief Bashorun MKO Abiola, died.

Disclosing that Abacha and Abiola’s deaths were from same source, Al-Mustapha said he would make the comprehensive revelation in his new book, Mustapha’s Memoirs, which, according to him, is still in the works.

Al-Mustapha, who addressed journalists in Lagos yesterday, on a number of issues relating to his 15-year travails in detention, said Abiola and Abacha were very good friends before some fifth columnists caused disaffection between them.

He said: “For instance, when Chief MKO Abiola was in prison, many notable Nigerians visited him. They will visit him in the morning, and when they come back to the Villa in the evening to see Abacha, they would say a different thing entirely.

On video

“Unknown to these notable Nigerians, particularly notable Yoruba personalities, who visited Abiola, their visits were recorded on video. I did the video recording without their knowledge.

“These people would visit Abiola and come back to tell government a different thing about him.

“These same people would still go and tell Abiola a different thing about government. They are on video. The agencies of government have these videos evidence.

“These same people told MKO Abiola never to accept any compromise or negotiations. They advised him never to come back home without his mandate. All these things are on video.

“Of all the Yoruba leaders, only Oba Tejuosho told MKO Abiola the truth: to accept the conditional bail and go home.

“Only Oba Tejuosho told MKO Abiola that Abacha was his friend, urging him to reconcile with Abacha who was ready for reconciliation. It was Oba Tejuosho who told MKO Abiola that he still had the goodwill and would win if he re-contests after Abacha.

“What killed Abacha is what killed MKO Abiola. But I would reveal that after my court case, still at the Supreme Court. I would publish a book which has three volumes— the Mustapha’s Memoirs, which will tell what happened under Abacha and how he died.”

On Abacha loot still being returned to the country from abroad, 18 years after his death, Al-Mustapha said he was shocked the first time he heard of Abacha’s loot.

He added that most of what was today known in the media as Abacha’s loot were mere media campaigns aimed at smearing the late Sani Abacha’s image by local and international persons he stepped on their toes while he was Head of State.

… killer squad

Also, Al-Mustapha reiterated his call for a public debate, where former President, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, would come to substantiate claims in his infamous 18-page letter that he (Al-Mustapha) was contracted to head a killer squad of 1,000 snipers for former President, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan, ahead of the 2015 general elections.

Al-Mustapha debunked insinuations that the ex-President, Jonathan, interfered with court process to facilitate his release from prisons, to enable him (Al-Mustapha) help train the ‘killer squad’ or procure Jonathan’s success in the North during the last election.

Al-Mustapha said, ab initio, he had no case to answer but for the plots of his persecutors to see him eliminated because he stepped on their toes while he served as the Chief Security Officer to the late Head of State, adding that the appellate court acquitted him when it determined that he had no case to answer on all the charges levelled against him.

‘Obasanjo’s had his day’

He said: “Nobody contracted me to catch 1,000 mosquitoes under the Jonathan administration, let alone human beings. I am Al-Mustapha. I have my background away from the propaganda peddled by the likes of Obasanjo.

“Obasanjo has had his day. I am doing my investigation and I have discovered so many things as to what made him (Obasanjo) make such allegation. I have it. I will release it very soon and that is why I have challenged him to an open debate.

“Obasanjo is my senior in the force; he was a former Military Head of State, but when issues of law and rights of man are being discussed, definitely equality comes to the fore.

“You cannot put an allegation against your junior because you are a senior, and you believe the junior would keep quiet. No, I would not. That would amount to ignorance. I am not ignorant about our laws.

“I challenge Obasanjo to an open debate so that he can substantiate his allegations before the whole world; but he is yet to oblige the challenge.

“Thank God a new government is here today, where he (Obasanjo) can bring up the issue, requesting it to investigate and, if there is any contract between Jonathan and I to catch one single mosquito, I want to say that I am guilty and want to be tried.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/ill-soon-reveal-abacha-abiola-died-al-mustapha/

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Mustapha’s Memoirs: Will Reveal How Abacha, Abiola Died, Says Al-mustapha by Nobody: 7:59am On May 31, 2016
but let me ask o. how will this help the current economic crises and insecurity in this country?

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mustapha’s Memoirs: Will Reveal How Abacha, Abiola Died, Says Al-mustapha by jaymejate: 8:00am On May 31, 2016
I see say na the right time be this mtchew

1 Like

Re: Mustapha’s Memoirs: Will Reveal How Abacha, Abiola Died, Says Al-mustapha by Omotayor123(f): 8:00am On May 31, 2016
Na Today

Even if you reveal the video of how they are "Slaughtered" what will happen embarassed like say no be Nigeria we dey again undecided

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mustapha’s Memoirs: Will Reveal How Abacha, Abiola Died, Says Al-mustapha by Nobody: 8:01am On May 31, 2016
RIP Sani Abacha. Nigeria's greatest ever leader.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mustapha’s Memoirs: Will Reveal How Abacha, Abiola Died, Says Al-mustapha by double0seven(m): 8:08am On May 31, 2016
this man should shut the fuccccck up

shut the fucccccck up

who ask am

who ask am

who cares at this point. when the information would have been useful he did not..... that's even if he has any accurate information

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mustapha’s Memoirs: Will Reveal How Abacha, Abiola Died, Says Al-mustapha by Dereformer(m): 8:08am On May 31, 2016
centvin008:
Challenges Obasanjo to public debate …Says Yoruba leaders, except Oba Tejuosho, deceived MKO
By Ikenna Asomba LAGOS—Former Chief Security Officer to the late Head of State, Gen. Sani Abacha, Major Hamza Al-Mustapha, yesterday, said he would soon reveal how his boss and the acclaimed winner of June 12, 1993 presidential election, Chief Bashorun MKO Abiola, died. Disclosing that Abacha and Abiola’s deaths were from same source, Al-Mustapha said he would make the comprehensive revelation in his new book, Mustapha’s Memoirs, which, according to him, is still in the works. Al-Mustapha, who addressed journalists in Lagos yesterday, on a number of issues relating to his 15-year travails in detention, said Abiola and Abacha were very good friends before some fifth columnists caused disaffection between them. He said: “For instance, when Chief MKO Abiola was in prison, many notable Nigerians visited him. They will visit him in the morning, and when they come back to the Villa in the evening to see Abacha, they would say a different thing entirely.
On video
“Unknown to these notable Nigerians, particularly notable Yoruba personalities, who visited Abiola, their visits were recorded on video. I did the video recording without their knowledge. “These people would visit Abiola and come back to tell government a different thing about him.
These same people would still go and tell Abiola a different thing about government. They are on video. The agencies of government have these videos evidence. “These same people told MKO Abiola never to accept any compromise or negotiations. They advised him never to come back home without his mandate
. All these things are on video. “Of all the Yoruba leaders, only Oba Tejuosho told MKO Abiola the truth: to accept the conditional bail and go home. “Only Oba Tejuosho told MKO Abiola that Abacha was his friend, urging him to reconcile with Abacha who was ready for reconciliation. It was Oba Tejuosho who told MKO Abiola that he still had the goodwill and would win if he re-contests after Abacha. “What killed Abacha is what killed MKO Abiola. But I would reveal that after my court case, still at the Supreme Court. I would publish a book which has three volumes— the Mustapha’s Memoirs, which will tell what happened under Abacha and how he died.” On Abacha loot still being returned to the country from abroad, 18 years after his death, Al-Mustapha said he was shocked the first time he heard of Abacha’s loot. He added that most of what was today known in the media as Abacha’s loot were mere media campaigns aimed at smearing the late Sani Abacha’s image by local and international persons he stepped on their toes while he was Head of State. …
killer squad
Also, Al-Mustapha reiterated his call for a public debate, where former President, Chief  Olusegun Obasanjo, would come to substantiate claims in his infamous 18-page letter that he (Al-Mustapha) was contracted to head a killer squad of 1,000 snipers for former President, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan, ahead of the 2015 general elections. Al-Mustapha debunked insinuations that the ex-President, Jonathan, interfered with court process to facilitate his release from prisons, to enable him (Al-Mustapha) help train the ‘killer squad’ or procure Jonathan’s success in the North during the last election. Al-Mustapha said, ab initio, he had no case to answer but for the plots of his persecutors to see him eliminated because he stepped on their toes while he served as the Chief Security Officer to the late Head of State, adding that the appellate court acquitted him when it determined that he had no case to answer on all the charges levelled against him.
‘Obasanjo’s had his day’
He said: “Nobody contracted me to catch 1,000 mosquitoes under the Jonathan administration, let alone human beings. I am Al-Mustapha. I have my background away from the propaganda peddled by the likes of Obasanjo. “Obasanjo has had his day. I am doing my investigation and I have discovered so many things as to what made him (Obasanjo) make such allegation. I have it. I will release it very soon and that is why I have challenged him to an open debate. “Obasanjo is my senior in the force; he was a former Military Head of State, but when issues of law and rights of man are being discussed, definitely equality comes to the fore. “You cannot put an allegation against your junior because you are a senior, and you believe the junior would keep quiet. No, I would not. That would amount to ignorance. I am not ignorant about our laws. “I challenge Obasanjo to an open debate so that he can substantiate his allegations before the whole world; but he is yet to oblige the challenge. “Thank God a new government is here today, where he (Obasanjo) can bring up the issue, requesting it to investigate and, if there is any contract between Jonathan and I to catch one single mosquito, I want to say that I am guilty and want to be tried.”

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/ill-soon-reveal-abacha-abiola-died-al-mustapha/
Lalasticlala

Hehehehehehehe. I know that cowards will remain cowards even when their own is being humiliated and killed. I am not surprised at all.
If they could deceive one of their own, how much less people of other region.
Hehehehehe. Foul nyash go soon open.

52 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Mustapha’s Memoirs: Will Reveal How Abacha, Abiola Died, Says Al-mustapha by DLondonboiy: 8:13am On May 31, 2016
in order words 'Abacha was not corrupt'?

who come get all those money wey dem dey return??

abi na my money

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mustapha’s Memoirs: Will Reveal How Abacha, Abiola Died, Says Al-mustapha by greatgod2012(f): 8:32am On May 31, 2016
All I'm interested in is to know the true and the only source that killed both great men within a month.

Abacha died on the 8th June, 1998.
Abiola died on the 7th July, 1998.

That's just a month apart.
That source must be powerful o.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mustapha’s Memoirs: Will Reveal How Abacha, Abiola Died, Says Al-mustapha by onexile: 9:12am On May 31, 2016
La waoooooo!

A particular section of the country has betrayal inherit in their DNA!

Smack down
i would prefer a SNAKE to some people!

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mustapha’s Memoirs: Will Reveal How Abacha, Abiola Died, Says Al-mustapha by criminalmindz: 9:14am On May 31, 2016
We all know the source lives in minna, niger state. Useless evil genius

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mustapha’s Memoirs: Will Reveal How Abacha, Abiola Died, Says Al-mustapha by mightyhazell: 9:24am On May 31, 2016
Nobody is interested in those ancient tales,...

We talking false change and the dullard presido ,squeezing the life outta nigerians presently,ur taking us back 2 ancient dark fossilised ages. Abeg mustafa abi na must tatafo dey ur lane o

4 Likes

Re: Mustapha’s Memoirs: Will Reveal How Abacha, Abiola Died, Says Al-mustapha by ATERI(m): 9:27am On May 31, 2016
MKO Abiola was killed when Al-Mustapha was in detention, so how would he know the whole truth about how the military killed him? What the world wants to know is how he (Al-Mustapha) plotted the murder of Kudirat Abiola. Bloody murderers!!

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mustapha’s Memoirs: Will Reveal How Abacha, Abiola Died, Says Al-mustapha by mickeyenglish(m): 9:31am On May 31, 2016
Hmm... I'm also interested in this case.. One of the greatest historical saga ever in Nigeria..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mustapha’s Memoirs: Will Reveal How Abacha, Abiola Died, Says Al-mustapha by duduade: 10:02am On May 31, 2016
Abeg release the memoirs

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mustapha’s Memoirs: Will Reveal How Abacha, Abiola Died, Says Al-mustapha by Goke7: 10:20am On May 31, 2016
Mustapha should rather be grateful to God that he is still alive instead of spewing rubbish as usual, is this man aware that some of his actions are the reason where Nigeria is today?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mustapha’s Memoirs: Will Reveal How Abacha, Abiola Died, Says Al-mustapha by Nobody: 10:24am On May 31, 2016
he-goat inna sheep's skin...who im buk wan epp?...i'll rather read self-help

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mustapha’s Memoirs: Will Reveal How Abacha, Abiola Died, Says Al-mustapha by moshmusth(m): 10:47am On May 31, 2016
Whatever he reveal would not only make or break the country, the people involved and he himself is of no exception

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mustapha’s Memoirs: Will Reveal How Abacha, Abiola Died, Says Al-mustapha by EastLebanon(m): 10:53am On May 31, 2016
That was how he release the video he recorded showing how diya was kneelin,weeping and begging his junior...haha...al-mustapha pls bring it on.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mustapha’s Memoirs: Will Reveal How Abacha, Abiola Died, Says Al-mustapha by TippyTop(m): 11:00am On May 31, 2016
Looking forward to his revelation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mustapha’s Memoirs: Will Reveal How Abacha, Abiola Died, Says Al-mustapha by Segadem(m): 11:01am On May 31, 2016
OK we hear u
Re: Mustapha’s Memoirs: Will Reveal How Abacha, Abiola Died, Says Al-mustapha by Opharhe: 11:02am On May 31, 2016
Another seasonal movie. Is this season 1 or season 2?

Abeg make breeze blow make....

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mustapha’s Memoirs: Will Reveal How Abacha, Abiola Died, Says Al-mustapha by Nobody: 11:04am On May 31, 2016
Don't bring us back to bad memories again.how can someone win a free and fair election and still wanted him to go home without his mandate being areeonokakanfo of Yoruba land. we know it was a well written scripts by ibb and the northern generals to stop power to the south.
This was the same method they wanted to use against Jonathan when yaradua died until powerful forces protested against them. Assuming it was Jonathan that attempted that against buhari ,this country would hv being in flames.
The truth was that power hungry northerners always think that if you don't belong to their carcus, you cant succeed ruling the nation.
If not for Jonathan that Wis kind of soft and has weak heart, people like this would never smell fresh air...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mustapha’s Memoirs: Will Reveal How Abacha, Abiola Died, Says Al-mustapha by Gentlesniper(m): 11:04am On May 31, 2016
Booked
Re: Mustapha’s Memoirs: Will Reveal How Abacha, Abiola Died, Says Al-mustapha by ghanaman5050: 11:06am On May 31, 2016
what about Kudirat ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mustapha’s Memoirs: Will Reveal How Abacha, Abiola Died, Says Al-mustapha by Kunlenoni: 11:07am On May 31, 2016
he is only seeking attention and looking for a way to get to politics..... his claims isn't realistic and untimely

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mustapha’s Memoirs: Will Reveal How Abacha, Abiola Died, Says Al-mustapha by DIKEnaWAR: 11:08am On May 31, 2016
Some people are intelligent when they keep quiet. I can't believe this empty clanging symbal was the dreaded Al Mustapha of the Abacha days. His reputation actually preceded him.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mustapha’s Memoirs: Will Reveal How Abacha, Abiola Died, Says Al-mustapha by yomalex(m): 11:09am On May 31, 2016
Hmm
Re: Mustapha’s Memoirs: Will Reveal How Abacha, Abiola Died, Says Al-mustapha by deebsman1(m): 11:09am On May 31, 2016
HMNMMMNnnmnmmm
Re: Mustapha’s Memoirs: Will Reveal How Abacha, Abiola Died, Says Al-mustapha by daniska3yaro(m): 11:09am On May 31, 2016
Ok
Re: Mustapha’s Memoirs: Will Reveal How Abacha, Abiola Died, Says Al-mustapha by Skywalker5(m): 11:10am On May 31, 2016
He will soon reveal how they died? is he serious? i mean why has he not been arrested and questioned.so we have to wait for him in his own time. Men, Nigeria is finished. We are currently being controlled by criminals and murderers.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mustapha’s Memoirs: Will Reveal How Abacha, Abiola Died, Says Al-mustapha by Wizzyblack3(m): 11:11am On May 31, 2016
onexile:
La waoooooo!

A particular section of the country has betrayal inherit in their DNA!

Smack down

i would prefer a SNAKE to some people!
Why being afraid to say what you think its the truth. Smh for my Yoruba brothers.. Atenuje ti ba tiwa je. We follow Northerners like goats.

13 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

APC Will Not Participate In Idemili Election Rerun In / Ex-Aviation Minister, Babalola Borisade Is Dead / Atiku Abubakar Dances To Small Doctor's 'Penalty' At Son's Wedding (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.