Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,558 members, 7,809,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:29 PM

Don't Buy Any Laptop From Computer Village Unless You Know This - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Don't Buy Any Laptop From Computer Village Unless You Know This (1899 Views)

How To Remove Virus From Computer Without Any Antivirus / Post To Instagram From Computer - How To / How To Remove Shortcut Virus From Computer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don't Buy Any Laptop From Computer Village Unless You Know This by Roland333: 11:57am On May 31, 2016
So, you saved or coughed up your hard earned money and will like to get your self a nice PC grin and you head to the one place you know you can buy it cheaply, you get through the trouble and hassle, get dragged by the com boys who seem to always either want to buy or sell you some laptop, ok let's say you get lucky or smart and ignore those com guys and head to a proper shop but you not yet in heaven as it's either you know what you are buying or you become what they call "Otele"

So Here are a few tips you have to know before heading to buying:

1.If the laptop has even the slightest sign of been used, Then it's probably used, see, it only takes about 10 minutes to turn a 3rd hand laptop into a new one body wise but it's speed will certainly drag and will have a life span of about 6 months before you start paying money on repairs for a supposedly new laptop

2.Don't, I mean don't ever buy a laptop with unknown brand name or grounded repair centers as you'll come to regret this at most 1 year later, Stick with the known Brands like Apple,HP,Dell,Samsung,Lenovo, Asus and be careful with even Asus as the internal architecture is always different and hard to find spare part

3. If you ever notice the seller is trying to HONESTLY convince you not to buy a particular system but another, My brother this is not the time to claim wise Solomon or choice, just add some money and buy the one he's referring you to buy, most times it's because the one you want is slightly faulty or low grade

4. Have a configuration in mind before going to the Market, If you are using it for Clerical office works then any Config not below 2GB RAM, 250 HDD and 1.70 GHz CPU will do but if it's for Graphics, Video editting, programing, 3D or any memory intensive work then have a mind on 8GB RAM, 500GB-1TB HDD and Core i3-7 will do.

Finally always ask for a signed and or stamped receipt and keep it religiously.
You can also check out website like Jumai or Konga or [url]Cubemaw.com[/url], I'll be glad to help if you have any other questions to ask here or mail me.
Re: Don't Buy Any Laptop From Computer Village Unless You Know This by beautycrush24(f): 6:47pm On May 31, 2016
Nice points. But 8GB RAM? C'mon
4GB should be ok not necessarily 8
Re: Don't Buy Any Laptop From Computer Village Unless You Know This by Nobody: 12:23am On Jun 01, 2016
2gb ram is OK, depending on what you want to use it for, my advice is always do a research about the laptop you want to buy before going to meet the seller, don't just go for whatever he gives you.

Av written a post on things to look out for when buying a used laptop

https://udemzytech..com.ng/2016/05/7-things-to-look-out-forgotten-when.html?m=
Re: Don't Buy Any Laptop From Computer Village Unless You Know This by Emeka71(m): 1:54am On Jun 01, 2016
@Roland333; how about TOSHIBA ?
Re: Don't Buy Any Laptop From Computer Village Unless You Know This by Roland333: 4:51am On Jun 01, 2016
@beautycrush24 Yeah 4GB would be "Just OK" for optimal performance try 8GB grin
Re: Don't Buy Any Laptop From Computer Village Unless You Know This by Roland333: 4:55am On Jun 01, 2016
Emeka71 I totally forgot about TOSHIBA but from my Experience it a Nice laptop but maybe be careful with the AMD versions and Though you'll see spare parts, get ready to spend more.
Re: Don't Buy Any Laptop From Computer Village Unless You Know This by Emeka71(m): 7:19am On Jun 01, 2016
Roland333:
Emeka71 I totally forgot about TOSHIBA but from my Experience it a Nice laptop but maybe be careful with the AMD versions and Though you'll see spare parts, get ready to spend more.
Okay you mean getting the parts of TOSHIBA is more costly than getting the parts of DELL or hp?
Re: Don't Buy Any Laptop From Computer Village Unless You Know This by Roland333: 11:56am On Jun 01, 2016
Yeah,
Exclusive of generic parts like RAM,HDD and Screen.
When you have a board or design specific fault you will certainly spend more.
Re: Don't Buy Any Laptop From Computer Village Unless You Know This by Sahmmuehl(m): 4:02pm On Jun 01, 2016
Will laptop with these specs be good fo heavy browsing and liltle gaming: Intel Core i3, 4gb RAM not yet upgraded to 8gb, 2.4ghz processor speed and 500gb hard drive
Re: Don't Buy Any Laptop From Computer Village Unless You Know This by dewhaley: 5:15am On Jun 02, 2016
Sahmmuehl:
Will laptop with these specs be good fo heavy browsing and liltle gaming: Intel Core i3, 4gb RAM not yet upgraded to 8gb, 2.4ghz processor speed and 500gb hard drive
IT DEFINITELY WILL
Re: Don't Buy Any Laptop From Computer Village Unless You Know This by Roland333: 6:30am On Jun 02, 2016
yeah I concur with dewhaley, it should run just 'FINE' but also check your Graphic card configuration.

(1) (Reply)

EXPERTS NEEDED. 3g Router: Starcomms / Brand New Laptop At Very Cheap Price With 1year Warranty / Clean Hp Pavilion Dv6700 With Fingerprint 25k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.