Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,327 members, 7,808,101 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:15 AM

Army: Why We Attacked Protesting MASSOB, IPOB Members - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army: Why We Attacked Protesting MASSOB, IPOB Members (32839 Views)

IPOB Members Bundled Into The Boot Of A Car By Anti-Cult In Port-Harcourt.Photos / Biafra: Remove Delta From Your Map – Governor Okowa’s Aide Warns MASSOB, IPOB / Why We Attacked Our Lawmakers In Funtua, Katsina - An Eye Witness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Army: Why We Attacked Protesting MASSOB, IPOB Members by Shym3xx: 11:08pm On May 31, 2016
Dollyak:

Queensmith? You need to have a word with the voice in your head. You simply have no credibility and no intelligence to debate even here on nl.
There are many thread on here where you have been schooled on your lack of knowledge in various subject. Stick to celebrity section.

Looool.

Shut ya gob, illiterate and vacuous miserable sod. grin

No one on here has ever schooled me and I'm far more knowledgeable than almost every poster on this from on almost all subject-matter. It isn't too difficult to see my influence in a lot of posts, from politics, to international relations, to economics...heck, even a lot of words most people added to their lexicon on here came from me. That's how influential I'm, biitch.

But one thing tho, I don't like taking credit for anything. However, with how I've schooled people on here - I should be an Emeritus Professor right now, biitch. grin

Just shut up, scandalous pleb. And in ya fvcked and miserable life, don't ever get rude to me again when I'm educating ya dumb and ignorant arse cos I won't hesitate to slap the wig off ya head. grin Stick to village fables, jejune tales, and faux reality when I'm around. grin
Re: Army: Why We Attacked Protesting MASSOB, IPOB Members by Shym3xx: 11:23pm On May 31, 2016
Dollyak:

Your ignorance on the thread below spoke volume. https://www.nairaland.com/1579818/girls-night-out-discussions/29#37012108

Lmao @ thread where I was educating ignorant freshies about an experience that has to do with glass ceilings in the UK that they can't relate to cos most of them do low level jobs. grin

Wisdom blinkered heifers can't relate to. Only someone born and raised in the system, doing mid-level and high-level jobs can relate to it. Funny enough, after dropping the knowledge these louts couldn't relate to on here - there was a programme in the UK dedicated to discussing it. Ditto institutionalised racism in the UK and why no black person is among the top executives of the UK's FTSE 100. Then the snub at the Brit awards also happened. grin

That's the type of knowledge I drop - I'm way ahead of my time but monkeys won't be able to relate. grin
Re: Army: Why We Attacked Protesting MASSOB, IPOB Members by Unbrandedguy: 11:28pm On May 31, 2016
Omonigeriarere:
[s][/s]

[b]Small thing, you will be screaming ICC as if they are not human beings: who has dragged Obama to ICC for his illegitimate authority he exerted by infringing the autonomy of another sovereign country while trying to arrest Bin Ladin in another country?

ICC is the least issue before ICC now for your information because the movement has been a threat to national security nowadays as opposed to what it ought to be. Attached is one of the peaceful protest claimed by your likes in case of Nnamdi Kanu: where will you get justice if many of such scenarios were presented as evidence by NA?

In as much as everyone has the right to life, personal liberty, dignity of human labour, freedom of association etc, please be reminded that such freedoms impliedly impose responsibilities/obligations on someone not to be a threat/nuisance to his vicinity and inhabitants.

The fully-armed Niger Delta Militants and BH are playing hide and seek game with NA, but foolish civilians like you have the gut to attack them and even engage them in physical fighting: do you need to consult an oracle before you realize that it is an act of stupidity to fight or argue with a man that carries a gun? Even if he is unable to claim self defence, your life would have been wasted like rags.

[/b]

You lie my friend.. Show me one single sign that these people are Biafra agitators.'they have no flag, no uniform, no emblem, no colour significance. Upload your pics with proofs my friend.. Do u think biafrans will carry stick like this to attack the army Lai Muhammed.
Re: Army: Why We Attacked Protesting MASSOB, IPOB Members by Unbrandedguy: 11:34pm On May 31, 2016
diegwu01:
Dynamtes and Acid bombs? shocked
this confirms those that have been blowing up pipelines in our dear Niger Delta.
this miscreant must be stopped at all cost.
Buratai, over to you.

Febble minded fellow.. No pics of such acids bombs and dynamites? At least they are supposed to show used ones or recoverd ones. And you have believed. Your a believe after all.
Re: Army: Why We Attacked Protesting MASSOB, IPOB Members by Shym3xx: 11:37pm On May 31, 2016
Anyway, fake Oxbridge grad, queensmith, cum dollyak, it's past ya bed time. Don't quote me again...your low IQ is contagious. grin

Make sure you wash ya pum before you sleep cos word on the road is that ya pum stinks like decayed fish. I bet a lot of these guys don't know you're obese with a fvcked face, no? grin Most of these thirsty nyggahs would get cat-fished. grin

And when you create a new handle, with a faux reality about Antarctica and Siberia, stay away from my posts if you don't want to get exposed again. I just gave you baby slaps tonight - the next one would be brutal. grin

I'm out of here. cool
Re: Army: Why We Attacked Protesting MASSOB, IPOB Members by shugaboy6102(m): 2:02am On Jun 01, 2016
bejeiodus:
The Army needs to be more civil in its approach to secessionist issue. Protesters should also conduct their protests peacefully. No single part of the country can pull out without engaging others in robust deliberations. It is utopian to think it can happen otherwise.
The Biafra issue is a contentious one that requires great tact to handle. I pray God grants us all the wisdom to settle the issue amicably.
may God increase your level of wisdom.You won me with ur comment.You deserve a million likes
Re: Army: Why We Attacked Protesting MASSOB, IPOB Members by Redhot111(m): 3:57am On Jun 01, 2016
cokoduck:
This still does not explain why the cowards ran into a church and sprayed bullets like insecticide. ICC is loading.
My friend read this and note dat it's wat ur own governor had to say. Atleast he said d truth. i. That the peaceful demonstration by youths who allegedly belong to the Movement for the Actualization of the Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB) and the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) to mark the Igbo Day was hijacked by hoodlums whose designs were antithetical to the peace and security of Anambra State.

ii. That these elements who infiltrated the peaceful demonstration, turned violent at Nkpor; fired live bullets at the policemen who were detailed to watch the procession and ensure that it was peaceful and burnt down a patrol van to send a dangerous signal to the entire neighbourhood that Anambra had lost the peace we had all enjoyed for two unbroken years.

iii.
a. Nothing happened inside St Edmunds Catholic Church Nkpor. The confrontation was at a nearby Primary School.
b. No house was burnt. We counted about 2 cars at Eke Nkpor and a motorcycle at Afor Nkpor.
c. His Excellency, Governor Willie Obiano has already expressed his deepest condolences to families who lost their dear ones to this avoidable shootout.
d. Items recovered
i. Dynamite
ii. Charms
iii. Machetes
iv. Banners (IPOB etc)
iv. That the actual number of casualties can be ascertained from
Re: Army: Why We Attacked Protesting MASSOB, IPOB Members by amazon14: 6:52am On Jun 01, 2016
When will this so called security men stop lying
To live together is by force?
Re: Army: Why We Attacked Protesting MASSOB, IPOB Members by keally: 9:25am On Jun 01, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
By Sylvester Ugwuanyi

http://www.dailypost.ng/2016/05/31/army-explains-why-it-attacked-protesting-massob-ipob-memebers/

Whatever your reason, you will pay for your deeds with your own blood.
Re: Army: Why We Attacked Protesting MASSOB, IPOB Members by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jun 01, 2016
Dollyak:

Speaking of being fake. A quick glance at the people who has been killing your dream of a fantasy life online, shows how fake you are. Nothing new as your posts gave you away easily. Enjoy your fake life grin.

wlh i seriously miss coogar.. He was my best guy on NL then
Re: Army: Why We Attacked Protesting MASSOB, IPOB Members by Onyiido: 12:21am On Jun 02, 2016
MadCow1:

And you are standing whilst spewing your own trash right? grin
LAWMA.. grin

Biko zuzuru buru onwe gi si ébéa gba fuo osiso.

Exactly ur name
Re: Army: Why We Attacked Protesting MASSOB, IPOB Members by MadCow1: 8:11am On Jun 02, 2016
Onyiido:
Exactly ur name

MadCow is not my name, its my Handle, Moniker, User I.D but definitely not my name you simpleton.

Stop whilst you can still save face, continue at your own peril. cool
Re: Army: Why We Attacked Protesting MASSOB, IPOB Members by EfemenaXY: 2:18pm On Jun 03, 2016
Shym3xx:

Lmao @ thread where I was educating ignorant freshies about an experience that has to do with glass ceilings in the UK that they can't relate to cos most of them do low level jobs. grin

Wisdom blinkered heifers can't relate to. Only someone born and raised in the system, doing mid-level and high-level jobs can relate to it. Funny enough, after dropping the knowledge these louts couldn't relate to on here - there was a programme in the UK dedicated to discussing it. Ditto institutionalised racism in the UK and why no black person is among the top executives of the UK's FTSE 100. Then the snub at the Brit awards also happened. grin

That's the type of knowledge I drop - I'm way ahead of my time but monkeys won't be able to relate. grin

Actually, we do have a black executive operating in one of the top 100 FTSE companies: Tidjane Thiam, (an Ivorian) former CEO for Prudential but now works with Credit Suisse.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tidjane_Thiam

Although his appointment was fairly recent. June 2015.

Anyway how've you been? smiley
Re: Army: Why We Attacked Protesting MASSOB, IPOB Members by Shym3xx: 2:37pm On Jun 03, 2016
EfemenaXY:

Actually, we do have a black executive operating in one of the top 100 FTSE companies: Tidjane Thiam, (an Ivorian) former CEO for Prudential but now works with Credit Suisse.

Although his appointment was fairly recent. June 2015.

Anyway how've you been? smiley

He is more of a French by the French absorption system from its colonies - a coconut juice - that got there via France. How many black Brits are there? No one in the UK can relate to that guy - he's a French CEO.

Where are the black Brits on the list?
Re: Army: Why We Attacked Protesting MASSOB, IPOB Members by EfemenaXY: 3:29pm On Jun 03, 2016
Shym3xx:

He is more of a French by the French absorption system from its colonies - a coconut juice - that got there via France. How many black Brits are there? No one in the UK can relate to that guy - he's a French CEO.

Where are the black Brits on the list?

That may be true, but I think the key issue was that there weren't any blacks achieving such heights in their careers (sportsmen/women & entertainers aside), re: the glass ceiling. Tidjane is black, irrespective of his mannerisms or how he acts.
Re: Army: Why We Attacked Protesting MASSOB, IPOB Members by Shym3xx: 4:04pm On Jun 03, 2016
EfemenaXY:

That may be true, but I think the key issue was that there weren't any blacks achieving such heights in their careers (sportsmen/women & entertainers aside), re: the glass ceiling. Tidjane is black, irrespective of his mannerisms or how he acts.

But the topic was about glass ceilings for blacks in the UK - not France. However, you cited an Ivorian/French millionaire who worked his way up in France and made his millions in Ivory Coast. And he ended up becoming the CEO of a French company listed on the LSE.

What's the correlation between this man and being black in the UK? What stage of his life and rise has anything to do with the UK?
Re: Army: Why We Attacked Protesting MASSOB, IPOB Members by EfemenaXY: 4:52pm On Jun 03, 2016
Shym3xx:

But the topic was about glass ceilings for blacks in the UK - not France. However, you cited an Ivorian/French millionaire who worked his way up in France and made his millions in Ivory Coast. And he ended up becoming the CEO of a French company listed on the LSE.

What's the correlation between this man and being black in the UK? What stage of his life and rise has anything to do with the UK?

True, the topic was about blacks in the UK having to contend with the existence or perceived existence of glass ceilings constraining or limiting them...us...from achieving the very peak of our careers, by virtue of being black, irrespective of one's ethnic background.

You and I know that as far as racism is concerned, it matters not if you're African, West Indian, American (I think), etc. Simply being black is enough grounds to get discriminated upon - that's the general perception (not saying I believe that school of thought, but it's a separate topic for discussion).

Regarding the first half of your statement in bold, the correlation between Tidjane being black and in the UK is: he is a black man based in, and working in the UK, who defied the "norm" to achieve what no other black man has being able to achieve in the UK by being the very first black to head not just one, but two FTSE 100 companies, thereby questioning the perception of whether there truly are limits to what blacks can achieve. This guy is so talented, that Credit Suisse, one of the top 5 Investment Banks in the world actually sacked their CEO to get Tidjane on board from Prudential. Inspirational stuff.

Re: the latter part of your statement in bold regarding what stage of his life and rise has got to do with the U.K: I'm assuming what you're asking is what he's ever done for the UK? If yes, then I'll say he's done a fair bit. Why? Because, prior to working with Prudential (based in the UK) as the CEO from 2009 - 2015 (at which point he became the first black person to lead a FTSE 100 company), he also worked as a senior executive for AVIVA - a British mulinatural insurance company headquartered in London, which also happens to be the largest general insurer and leading life and pensions provider in the UK.

The reason I'm mentioning these are because in your post (the one I quoted first), you mentioned no black person has ever headed a FTSE 100 company.

That aside, it's also been rumoured that he's been penned down to head the IMF, and when interviewed, he neither alluded to, not disputed the claims.
Re: Army: Why We Attacked Protesting MASSOB, IPOB Members by Shym3xx: 5:03pm On Jun 03, 2016
EfemenaXY

I'm going to flip ya logic and correlate it with a next example now. And cite other examples. This isn't even a topic worth debating by anyone who has lived in the UK for more than 10 years and has ingratiate himself/herself into the system. Only those who just came over and are opportune to earn a few pounds, which would mean a better life when compared to where they came from would debate it.

There was a uproar during the last Brit awards cos the UK's black music scene was snubbed. However, Drake and Rihanna were invited to perform and were nominated for awards. Based on the logic you're applying here, I'd wager that you won't call it a snub cos Drake and Rihanna, who're Canadian and Bajan/American respectively were invited. But what's the correlation between Drake and Rihanna and, the UK's black music scene, especially when they won't even get nominated for any award that's for British acts and whatever nomination they'll get will fall under international acts? That's ya logic right here.

Mere looking at Primetime TV and the lack of diversity, is enough to paint a picture and, there are complaints all the time. Since Sir Trevor McDonald retired, how many black people are on Primetime News? Then you have ex footballers who complain all the time about lack of diversity when it comes to coaches in the EPL and the only guy who made it to the EPL, Chris Hughton, was sacked for no reason and these days he's only good for helping clubs get promotion from the championship to the EPL. And once he gets the club there - he gets sacked. There are loads of examples to cite.

Anyway, excerpts from an article about Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje's experience (if you don't know him, he's a successful hollywood actor):

"From the time I was a young actor, I have been capable of playing anything," Walker says. "That's not the case when I go up for a job. There's a glass ceiling in England - few roles, usually stereotypes." Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, the British actor who plays Mr Eko in Lost, agrees. "You know, I moved back to England a few years ago because I wanted to do some work at home," he says, "but there was just nothing for me. We have great writers, great directors, but the material's just not forthcoming. If you're an artist, you need to be fed and the food comes from Hollywood right now."

Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje
Mr Eko, Lost

Born in Islington to Nigerian parents, 39-year-old Adewale holds a Master of Law degree from King's College London - which is where he picked up the acting bug. Small roles in Cracker and Van Damme film Legionnaire secured a part as ferocious super-criminal Simon Adebisi in Oz.

His Lost character - Mr Eko - was a Nigerian warlord who repented but was slaughtered on the ghostly island. American fans are usually stunned by his native cockney accent when they meet him. He's currently providing voices - with Jim Carrey and Steve Carell - for 2008 animated feature Horton Hears A Who.

"What came out of my realisation that there were no roles for black British actors was a need to create something at home," Adewale says. "Next year, I'm going to be making my directorial debut. I've written a project that's British-based, a kind of version of my life story, all autobiographical. If the material's not forthcoming either you make it yourself, or you have to go where you can get it. I'm doing both and I don't think I'm alone."

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2007/feb/24/broadcasting.tvandradio
Re: Army: Why We Attacked Protesting MASSOB, IPOB Members by Shym3xx: 5:16pm On Jun 03, 2016
EfemenaXY:

True, the topic was about blacks in the UK having to contend with the existence or perceived existence of glass ceilings constraining or limiting them...us...from achieving the very peak of our careers, by virtue of being black, irrespective of one's ethnic background.

You and I know that as far as racism is concerned, it matters not if you're African, West Indian, American (I think), etc. Simply being black is enough grounds to get discriminated upon - that's the general perception (not saying I believe that school of thought, but it's a separate topic for discussion).

Regarding the first half of your statement in bold, the correlation between Tidjane being black and in the UK is: he is a black man based in, and working in the UK, who defied the "norm" to achieve what no other black man has being able to achieve in the UK by being the very first black to head not just one, but two FTSE 100 companies, thereby questioning the perception of whether there truly are limits to what blacks can achieve. This guy is so talented, that Credit Suisse, one of the top 5 Investment Banks in the world actually sacked their CEO to get Tidjane on board from Prudential. Inspirational stuff.

Re: the latter part of your statement in bold regarding what stage of his life and rise has got to do with the U.K: I'm assuming what you're asking is what he's ever done for the UK? If yes, then I'll say he's done a fair bit. Why? Because, prior to working with Prudential (based in the UK) as the CEO from 2009 - 2015 (at which point he became the first black person to lead a FTSE 100 company), he also worked as a senior executive for AVIVA - a British mulinatural insurance company headquartered in London, which also happens to be the largest general insurer and leading life and pensions provider in the UK.

The reason I'm mentioning these are because in your post (the one I quoted first), you mentioned no black person has ever headed a FTSE 100 company.

That aside, it's also been rumoured that he's been penned down to head the IMF, and when interviewed, he neither alluded to, not disputed the claims.

I never said, "no black person has ever headed a FTSE 100 company." I said, "why no black person is among the top executives of the UK's FTSE 100." There's a difference and in context of the argument about UK black - I'm 100% right. The topic was about glass ceilings for blacks in the UK - not black people whose rise came from other countries in Europe. There's no black brit among the top executives of the UK's FTSE 100 - Thiam isn't a black brit, and he never lived in the UK till he got to Prudential as an executive. So how am I wrong?

This is the guy's biography - apart from heading Prudential - at what stage of his life did he live in the UK?

In 1986 he was offered a scholarship to study for an MBA at INSEAD and join the 'McKinsey Fellows Programme' in Paris. He received an MBA from INSEAD in 1988 (Dean's list). In 1989 he took a one-year sabbatical from McKinsey to participate in the World Bank's Young Professionals Program in Washington, D.C. He returned to McKinsey in 1990, working first in New York City and then in Paris.

In December 1993, the first Ivorian President, Félix Houphouët-Boigny, died and was replaced by Henri Konan Bédié. In April 1994, at the request of the new President, Thiam left France and McKinsey to go back to Abidjan and become the CEO of the National Bureau for Technical Studies and Development (BNETD), an infrastructure development and economic advisory body with more than 4,000 staff, reporting directly to the President and the Prime Minister. In that role, which had cabinet rank, he was also handling key negotiations with the International Monetary Fund and the World Bank. Thiam was also a key member of the Privatization Committee, in charge of privatising extensive state-owned assets.

In August 1998, in addition to his role at the BNETD, where he became chairman, Thiam formally joined the cabinet and was appointed Minister of Planning and Development.

On returning to Europe, Thiam was offered a partnership by McKinsey in Paris, becoming one of the leaders of the company's financial institutions practice. In 2002 he joined Aviva, initially as group strategy and development director, then as managing director of Aviva International, chief executive of Aviva Europe and an executive director, sitting on the plc board. In January 2007, after Richard Harvey announced he would step down as chief executive of Aviva, Thiam was tipped as a possible future head of the group.

Thiam left Aviva in September 2007 to become chief financial officer of Prudential plc.

^^^^Where in his Biography did he live in the UK apart from when he moved from Aviva to Prudential? So what has he got to do with being black in the UK?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fact Check: Did Sanusi Author Viral Write-Up On Atiku, Tinubu And Obi? / Justice Nyako Orders DSS To Let Nnamdi Kanu Watch His Favourite Football Matches / President Buhari Speaks On Fresh Plateau Killings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.