Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,175 members, 7,807,564 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:20 PM

Commercial Production Of Tinned Tomatoes - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Commercial Production Of Tinned Tomatoes (7686 Views)

Oando Commences Commercial Production From Qua Iboe Field / Oando Commences Commercial Production From Qua Iboe Field / Enugu Commences Mass Production Of Rice And Pepper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Commercial Production Of Tinned Tomatoes by LOVECAT(m): 3:03pm On Nov 23, 2006
Tin Tomato Production Idea, Please

Please, anybody with useful infomation on how to start a Tinned Tomato Prodution?

Reply is urgently needed please. Thanks.
Re: Commercial Production Of Tinned Tomatoes by obua: 6:18pm On Nov 23, 2006
Search the web. Go to google and type " tomatoes processing" or "tomato paste"
Re: Commercial Production Of Tinned Tomatoes by Kajiang02(m): 12:52pm On Nov 27, 2006
have enough capital
register wit an Alminium Comp to always supply u d cans
its all bout startn a nu biz,
cant say evry here cos i need 2 spy 4rm me book,
i'll holla back
Re: Commercial Production Of Tinned Tomatoes by onlygirl(f): 4:23pm On Nov 29, 2006
i need info on this too,anyone with useful information should please supply

onlygirl
Re: Commercial Production Of Tinned Tomatoes by dangloove(m): 5:45am On Dec 09, 2006
Hey its a professional thing.If u have ur money to procure the neccessary equipment ,register ur company,buy raw materials and most importantly pay a professional,then the sky is ur limit abi starting pt.There need to design the unit operations and possible get machines that will make such operation easier e.g sorting and washing of tomatoes,grinding,mixing with other ingredient,drying/dehydration,packaging etc.The best and the most economical way of doing all these and more has to be decided by a professional.so consult one and enjoy
Re: Commercial Production Of Tinned Tomatoes by naijacutee(f): 2:43pm On Dec 09, 2006
Dude I thik you need a course on things like that - food processing or something.
Re: Commercial Production Of Tinned Tomatoes by promise72(m): 9:09am On Dec 15, 2006
Dude,

I still never understand why anyone would want to start a business in Nigeria that will not be assured of raw materials. Yes, there are tomatoes in Nigeria but the amt of investment in tomato processing equipment will not justy the amt of tomato you can get in Nigeria.

I'm guessing that a processing plant on the cheap will run a minimum of $1-1.5million. You don't just get processing machine. you will need "ancilliary" equipment. Cold Room, Forklift, Trucks, Offices, personnel vehicle (sales, other logistics stuff), Generator (super Duty, No tiger piece of ### sad

Even if you get all that, you will need a tomato farmer on a large scale for constant supply. Whatta you going to do about Nigeria road

One thing i know about food processing, you need to process the fruits not later than 48hrs after being harvested. Otherwise quality is no good. If you do, people will reject your products and all your investments are down the tube.

I don't mean to be a downer, but you need to work out the logistics, hire a consultant and you're in business.

and lastly, you need hectres upon hectres of farm to supply tomato because the canning machinery works very very very fast producing about .5 to 1million per day. think about it.

its not a small boy business.
Re: Commercial Production Of Tinned Tomatoes by funmise(f): 9:36pm On Dec 21, 2006
yeah u r right but at d end of d day, its worth a try. Its all bout havin a biz plan and capital.
Re: Commercial Production Of Tinned Tomatoes by eniolanimi: 5:48pm On Oct 24, 2016
I need a consultant for tomatoes paste making for commercial purpose.
Re: Commercial Production Of Tinned Tomatoes by eniolanimi: 6:06pm On Oct 24, 2016
Useful information of how to do sachet tomatoes in Nigeria. And how to get the necessary machines needed and requirement of NAFDAC

(1) (Reply)

Cost Estimation Of Starting A Mini Cinema / 10 Lessons I Learnt From Making A Million A Week In This Covid Times. / I Can’t See My Money Inside My Palmpay Mobile Banking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.