Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,970 members, 7,806,812 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:34 AM

Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic (72543 Views)

“Why Niger Delta Will Vote Buhari For Second Term In 2019” – Richard Kpodoh / Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement / How Do Crimes Like Blowing-Up Pipelines Develop The Niger Delta? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by Mztarstrechy(m): 9:28am On Jun 01, 2016
A Twitter user shared the pics above and wrote......

'Could this be why @Niger Delta Avengers are blowing pipelines or are there more to it than they claim?

43 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by Tobyshegz(m): 9:30am On Jun 01, 2016
After space booking for over 1 hr, I can authoritatively tell and advice my fellow nairalanders that FTC is just another piece of mythical fuckery.
*sighs* I'm not dedicating this FTC to anybody jare, nothing special.
*Slo-mo walks outta thread*

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by FYB(m): 9:30am On Jun 01, 2016
And all the money dat was used to develop abuja came from the Niger Delta angry

Monkey d work, Baboon d chop

273 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by achi4u(m): 9:31am On Jun 01, 2016
Yes! The goose that lays the Golden eggs has been neglected for too long.

195 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by Mztarstrechy(m): 9:34am On Jun 01, 2016
FYB:
And all the money dat was used to develop abuja came from the Niger Delta angry

Monkey d work, Baboon d chop
So why didnt they blow it during GEJ's regime?

413 Likes 29 Shares

Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by vivalavida(m): 9:37am On Jun 01, 2016
If this is the case,no one can blame them.
How can resources in your area be used to make other places look like heaven while the region that brings forth the resources look like hell
That is injustice

152 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by Luckylife(m): 9:54am On Jun 01, 2016
This is unbearable! if it true.

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by olafum1(m): 10:00am On Jun 01, 2016
Mztarstrechy:
So why didnt they blow it during GEJ's regime?

They were not much marginalized in appointments & likes or regarded as 5% under GEJ.

Imagine some northern leaders along side pmb vowing to give them the Boko Haram treatment when only it is pipelines they are blowing up, and at the same time they all are denying the ethnicity of the Fulani terrorists, who is maiming & taking lives in a gruesome manner in the south.

So it's d govt that shot herself in the leg sad. To me, one live is more significant to all the pipelines in Nigeria.

Mind you, what they are clamouring for now, is more of federalism. Let them have d larger stake over their resources. That's all. This northerners have 98% stake in their resources and are still calling for their death, using the boyscout military who specializes in terrorizing civilians. Isn't that another form of modern day slavery and savagery?

Nigeria is ripe enough for federalism... The govt needs to act fast, smart and wise to tackle this root cause, so that the country can remain as ONE. enough of military bragadro over there, it will fail, Obasanjo tried it and failed but Yaradua nailed it.

Yaradua, my Hero.

378 Likes 35 Shares

Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by Saintbonnie(m): 10:04am On Jun 01, 2016
But it's still their region they're destroying. They would wish they never did that the day attention shifts from oil.

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by incomintop: 10:05am On Jun 01, 2016
ok
Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by slimfit1(m): 10:06am On Jun 01, 2016
True but even GEJ did nothing in Niger Delta so what are we talking about 5 -6. Even they neglected themselves.

78 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by nbright: 10:11am On Jun 01, 2016
Na their money o.... That looks like slaughter. Trans Amadi slaughter in Port Harcourt

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by Brunel(m): 10:11am On Jun 01, 2016
I am a proponent for non violent conflict resolution.
However, past decades has shown that violence draws needed attention.
If in 1966 the Niger Delta complained of something and in 2016 they're still complaining of the same thing isn't this an indication that there is a fundamental issue?
Leaders at local, state and federal levels have disappointed the Niger Delta greatly.
What excuse really do they want to tell the guys thathat Abuja that's not as old as the Niger Delta is millions ahead in development?
Clearly, these militants don't trust the government including their own state government.
The military can like to level the Delta communities. ...........It will only be a short term solution if the root cause ( not selfish interests) of this issue isn't handled.
I read a post here yesterday about the opportunities Nigeria and the Niger Delta in particular are losing with continued violence and I know this is true.
But if the militants halt, what assurance do they have that the main issue (not selfish interests) will be attended to?
People may think that the militants are getting support of the host communities and the Niger Delta people, but the truth is as a Niger Deltan, I feel pain when I know that the money driving the country comes from my community and we do not feel the benefits.
In my community for instance, our river is now like a mud. No fish, no habitation, the place stinks! While growing up, I remember going to the river to swim and fish and sight see........ not anymore.
These fundamental issues cannot be swept away, they cannot be killed away.
If the government will attend to these issues, the people of the Niger Delta will vomit these guys. Because they are mostly criminal

55 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by hucienda: 10:11am On Jun 01, 2016
Well... who knows?

But the picture does reek of injustice.

It aint called "Monkey dey work, Baboon dey chop" in Africa for nothing.

Now, the monkey no gree again and the baboon still no gree- thus guess both are heading the way France did in 1789.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by modath(f): 10:11am On Jun 01, 2016
Did the scavengers just wake up from a coma?

13% ,NDDC, ND Ministry? They are their own problems.

75 Likes 1 Share

Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by olu006(m): 10:11am On Jun 01, 2016
Who knows
Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by boman2014: 10:11am On Jun 01, 2016
well
Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by beautyann(f): 10:12am On Jun 01, 2016
Very True

Proudly 5%

We, the 5% has decided to keep our oyel. hE should sell his cows, groundnut and rice and use the proceeds to carter for his 97%.

PERIOD.

81 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by CR77(f): 10:12am On Jun 01, 2016
Chai dere is God oo

U says it all

1 Like

Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by hakeem4(m): 10:12am On Jun 01, 2016
Niger delta scavengers avengers

Let them destroy their land grin

7 Likes

Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by 5starmilitant: 10:12am On Jun 01, 2016
The Avengers have their agendas. One them is for buhari the new sheriff to probe the allocation of oil blocs, and those ones that were illegally gotten will go back to the government. Maybe buhari should start from there.

It's only when a mosquito perches on your testicle, you know violence is not the only way to solve problems.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by coldsummer: 10:12am On Jun 01, 2016
No that is not why they are blowing up their communities. Their communities deteriorated to that level because they keep blowing them up.

and as long as they continue destroying the place with their actions, they will forever be backward

66 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by tuoyoojo(m): 10:12am On Jun 01, 2016
True the Niger delta has being neglected

but if the truth most be told our so called leaders has failed us

imagine asari dokobo decided to go to Benin rep to build a university

if we must blame others of stealing from us, we need to blame ourselves too

I hope the govt and d avengers would negotiate and the money that would be provided would not end in private accounts but used to develop the land

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by alfredo4u(m): 10:13am On Jun 01, 2016
that is y they are bombing.....

Im in support,

I could remember what my lecture use to tell us those days that the people of Niger deltan's are fools, how would they be suffering and the ogas at the top are using their natural endowment to develop their towns.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by Nobody: 10:13am On Jun 01, 2016
Nonsense. Lets be reasonable for once and put sentiments a side. Compare it with porthacourt, uyo, ekot, bonny and brass not with that. Besides, Lagos generally was not built with oil money. Lagos was built with investment (both locals and internationally), being former capital.Abuja, i may agree to some extent but I learnt that asari dokubo spent billion of naira to build university in bennin republic and he has nationality of the country. That would have gone a long way in ND.

69 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by wellmax(m): 10:13am On Jun 01, 2016
What did the ND Governors do with 13% derivation, NDDC projects, Federal Allocation, Ministry of ND Intervention etc.

For ND, the enemy is not FG, the REAL enemy is their own people.

117 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by ugotuf(m): 10:13am On Jun 01, 2016
That photo puts it more succinctly.

5 Likes

Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by veeceesynergy: 10:13am On Jun 01, 2016
olafum1:

They were not much marginalized in appointments & likes or regarded as 5% under GEJ
. When they were fully represented and not Marginalised in appointments, what did they achieve.

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by onosprince(m): 10:14am On Jun 01, 2016
Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by Nobody: 10:14am On Jun 01, 2016
let me not say one thing now and my oga
at the top will say another, follow my story https://www.nairaland.com/3111821/story-preachers-son, and at www.ovisart..com
Re: Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic by Vveni(m): 10:14am On Jun 01, 2016
I think government should give them their oil wells back let there be peace

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Adeleke Sacks 12,000 Workers, Dethrones Three Monarchs / Jubilation In Kano After Osinbajo's Declaration (Photos) / 196 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 1728. 306 discharged. 51 deaths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.