Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,393 members, 7,808,381 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:15 AM

Overcoming Fear Of Failure In Starting A Business - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Overcoming Fear Of Failure In Starting A Business (452 Views)

MMM Participants In Fear As Ultimate Cycler Crashes / Nigerians Must Begin To Overcome The Fear Of Becoming An Entrepreneur Now!!! / Overcoming The Nigerian Factor In Your Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Overcoming Fear Of Failure In Starting A Business by Mrbigman1(m): 4:54pm On Jun 01, 2016
The current economic reality is telling on every working class where by, ur salary is fix but the price of rice and tomato and everything have flown away.

Not to talk about redundancy and company folding up due to lack of contracts.

I decided to float a little business to keep me busy since am a field engineer plus no jobs, payment of basic salary is now a war.

I ve my time and I have being learning dry-cleaning services. In just two weeks, I was ok with basic knowledge and skills den I waited another extra two weeks to learn more but nothing new seems to be coming.

I decided to start looking around for a shop to start up something on my own.

I walked around town and noticed that there are plenty of this Same dry-cleaning shops all over.

Fear of failure started tickling in, no body want to go invest as much as 300k and not getting a return.

Yes I love d business, it has been a dream for d past 5 years but no driving force to go do something extra.
And I dnt like competition and I really dnt know what it takes for a first timer to survive in business.

I just dnt wanna make a mistake.

Please I need advice house.

Am yet to pay for a shop cos am looking for one that is very exposed to the main road for essay advertisement plus I have started telling people about it already.

Someone said that we have about 4 on d road which is about 5km stretch with good housing estate but I want you people to tell me what I dnt know and what I need to know.

God bless you as you bless me.

Cc lalasticlala please help me push dis.
Thanks
Re: Overcoming Fear Of Failure In Starting A Business by bodee(m): 5:13pm On Jun 01, 2016
Business is about solving a problem. In times like this, think, think and think again before engaging in business. Since, you said the dry cleaning business is well saturated then I think it is only innovation, hard work, aggressive advertisement and price competiviness that can bail you out. As long as you have passion or interest in what you are doing; you will not only survive but you will thrive.

1 Like

Re: Overcoming Fear Of Failure In Starting A Business by afreekah: 7:56pm On Jun 01, 2016
Forget about the competition since you have passion for the business. Look for what they are not doing or doing wrong, innovates that and prove it to everyone why you are the best in the game.

(1) (Reply)

100$ Neteller Available / Fire Destroy MTN Warehouse In Ogba, Ikeja / Your Printer Ink Solution (laser Toner Cartridge Refilling & Re-engineering)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.