Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,947 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:50 PM

What Was Jonathan's Achievement In The Niger Delta In 5 Years Of His Presidency? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Was Jonathan's Achievement In The Niger Delta In 5 Years Of His Presidency? (38724 Views)

Trump Praises Jonathan Achievement / Ibrahim Idris Arrives Delta In The Jet Of NPF - Photos / Military Storms Oporoza, Niger-Delta In Warships Searching For Militants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Was Jonathan's Achievement In The Niger Delta In 5 Years Of His Presidency? by temptnow: 3:51pm On Jun 02, 2016
mikolo80:
why should they leave Lagos when everyone wants to be there. you see American leave America bfor. we don send advance party to get our oyel. dazall
Americans doing business in Nigeria are they from hell fire?
Re: What Was Jonathan's Achievement In The Niger Delta In 5 Years Of His Presidency? by louqas: 3:52pm On Jun 02, 2016
ossy4rill:

i would safely assume that you are a yoruba man

What did Obasanjo do for the South-west in 8 years that make them respect him so much.
Nobody would dare to insult him in public because 96% of Yoruba's present will support him.

Your own is your own, your child is your child

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

The East west road was taken from nothing to over 85% completion. Many sections have been completed, check from Warri to Patani to Bayelsa; go to oron axis; He establishes two Federal Universities- University of Otuoke and Maritime University, Okerenkoko; he brought a Law school to Niger Delta situated in Yenegoa. He ensured that people no longer sleep on Benin-Ore road by giving it a major overhaul. He gave some of the critical Ministries to the Niger Delta people for real work and more empowerment; He ensured that Bayelsa was hooked on to the National Grid; he establishe a deep sea port and a dock yard in the Niger Delta; he empowered the youths by re-inforcing the Amnesty programme. He ensured that NDDC gets its allocation to work and so on; apart from the general things that affect all parts of Nigeria, like refurbishing the Airports.

Besides, he was President of Nigeria not President of Niger delta.

Yorubas will always tell you obasanjo failed his region while in government , Lagos ibadan expressway and ibadan ilorin expressway remain uncompleted till date and people loathe him for that I don't know where you are the imaginary 96% that you say hail him.
Now that you have tried to answer my question I will implore you to tell all this to your NDA to let them know they cannot intimidate the rest of Nigeria if they feel their region is underdeveloped let them ask Gej why he didn't lift the region out of poverty when he had the chance to.
If all you listed is all he can do for his region in 5 years ,then he has failed his people and should ask for apology . You all should stop hailling the NDA destructive activities and tell them the truth that their region has had it good except you want us to believe you are lying about those so called achievements.

3 Likes

Re: What Was Jonathan's Achievement In The Niger Delta In 5 Years Of His Presidency? by louqas: 3:52pm On Jun 02, 2016
ossy4rill:

i would safely assume that you are a yoruba man

What did Obasanjo do for the South-west in 8 years that make them respect him so much.
Nobody would dare to insult him in public because 96% of Yoruba's present will support him.

Your own is your own, your child is your child

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

The East west road was taken from nothing to over 85% completion. Many sections have been completed, check from Warri to Patani to Bayelsa; go to oron axis; He establishes two Federal Universities- University of Otuoke and Maritime University, Okerenkoko; he brought a Law school to Niger Delta situated in Yenegoa. He ensured that people no longer sleep on Benin-Ore road by giving it a major overhaul. He gave some of the critical Ministries to the Niger Delta people for real work and more empowerment; He ensured that Bayelsa was hooked on to the National Grid; he establishe a deep sea port and a dock yard in the Niger Delta; he empowered the youths by re-inforcing the Amnesty programme. He ensured that NDDC gets its allocation to work and so on; apart from the general things that affect all parts of Nigeria, like refurbishing the Airports.

Besides, he was President of Nigeria not President of Niger delta.

Yorubas will always tell you obasanjo failed his region while in government , Lagos ibadan expressway and ibadan ilorin expressway remain uncompleted till date and people loathe him for that I don't know where you are the imaginary 96% that you say hail him.
Now that you have tried to answer my question I will implore you to tell all this to your NDA to let them know they cannot intimidate the rest of Nigeria if they feel their region is underdeveloped let them ask Gej why he didn't lift the region out of poverty when he had the chance to.
If all you listed is all he can do for his region in 5 years ,then he has failed his people and should ask for forgiveness . You all should stop hailling the NDA destructive activities and tell them the truth that their region has had it good except you want us to believe you are lying about those so called achievements.

1 Like

Re: What Was Jonathan's Achievement In The Niger Delta In 5 Years Of His Presidency? by designexploit(m): 3:53pm On Jun 02, 2016
What are you wailers saying? I had thought the cleanup of ogoni land is among the 2014 Confab Report waiting to be implimented?

Re: What Was Jonathan's Achievement In The Niger Delta In 5 Years Of His Presidency? by LLVelly: 3:53pm On Jun 02, 2016
there was peace in nigerdelta but now theres everyday bombarding of pipelines ...Now we know theres nothing like peace.
Re: What Was Jonathan's Achievement In The Niger Delta In 5 Years Of His Presidency? by wordychap: 3:55pm On Jun 02, 2016
louqas:

If all you listed is all he can do for his region in 5 years ,then he has failed his people and should ask for apology . You all should stop hailling the NDA destructive activities and tell them the truth that their region has had it good except you want us to believe you are lying about those so called achievements.
Its simply not enough.
One man, GEJ, couldn't do it all.
Government is a continuum, buhari needs to do his part. Simple.
Re: What Was Jonathan's Achievement In The Niger Delta In 5 Years Of His Presidency? by louqas: 3:57pm On Jun 02, 2016
wordychap:

Apart from this, ALL Federal roads in Akwa Ibom State were I reside were tarred,
Besides he was President of Nigeria not President of Niger Delta

In other words GEJ did more for the largest region than he did for the smallest regions so then why are you all pained whenever PMB appoints more northerner that southerners (gej did same) why does the Niger delta avengers want to have everything from oil to themselves alone under PMB (even though Gej shared with other Nigerians )
I think you know the truth but are deliberately being mischevious

4 Likes

Re: What Was Jonathan's Achievement In The Niger Delta In 5 Years Of His Presidency? by Mightyodi: 3:58pm On Jun 02, 2016
No airport in bayelsa his home state even though
one of his mistress said she built airports all
over Nigeria

if u don't know don't talk. this was how amaechi sat in rivers state and never new what was happening in railway sector. u ve not been to bayelsa obviously. there is an ongoing airport project initiated by GEJ administration in bayelsa state and it is located in southern ijaw along yenegoa amassoma road before you get to ogobiri town. ask an Bayelsian that school in Niger Delta University

1 Like

Re: What Was Jonathan's Achievement In The Niger Delta In 5 Years Of His Presidency? by louqas: 4:00pm On Jun 02, 2016
truthspeaks:
U n ur fellow Apc zombies r lookin for wat 2 distract frm d main gist. Bubu is officially general sherifatu who is scared to face a so_called ragtag avengers

Just like you all are using the NDA to divert our attentio from the heist perpetrated by Gej and cronies , using NDA to shield tompolo from facing the law . Meanwhile you are yet to provide information on what exactly Can did to his region in 5 years

2 Likes

Re: What Was Jonathan's Achievement In The Niger Delta In 5 Years Of His Presidency? by louqas: 4:00pm On Jun 02, 2016
truthspeaks:
U n ur fellow Apc zombies r lookin for wat 2 distract frm d main gist. Bubu is officially general sherifatu who is scared to face a so_called ragtag avengers

Just like you all are using the NDA to divert our attentio from the heist perpetrated by Gej and cronies , using NDA to shield tompolo from facing the law . Meanwhile you are yet to provide information on what exactly gej did to his region in 5 years

1 Like

Re: What Was Jonathan's Achievement In The Niger Delta In 5 Years Of His Presidency? by mikolo80: 4:03pm On Jun 02, 2016
temptnow:
Americans doing business in Nigeria are they from hell fire?
do you see them coming in droves the way we go to their country?

1 Like

Re: What Was Jonathan's Achievement In The Niger Delta In 5 Years Of His Presidency? by wordychap: 4:04pm On Jun 02, 2016
louqas:

In other words GEJ did more for the largest region than he did for the smallest regions so then why are you all pained whenever PMB appoints more northerner that southerners (gej did same) why does the Niger delta avengers want to have everything from oil to themselves alone under PMB (even though Gej shared with other Nigerians )
Re: What Was Jonathan's Achievement In The Niger Delta In 5 Years Of His Presidency? by wordychap: 4:04pm On Jun 02, 2016
louqas:

Don't get who u refer to largest region and those under smallest region.
GEJ did things too for d North that no other Northern president ever tried; Almajari Schools.
His appointments weren't bigoted like that of buhari.

2 Likes

Re: What Was Jonathan's Achievement In The Niger Delta In 5 Years Of His Presidency? by gagewonda(m): 4:06pm On Jun 02, 2016
RECONSTRUCTION AND DUALIZATION: Benin-Ore-Shagamu Expressway.
Completion of Benin-Ofosu Expressway in Edo States
Completion of Ogoja Junction-Ikom Road in Cross River State
Construction of 15km Interstate road from Aiyegunle-Akoko Edo in Ondo and Edo States.
Completion of the Rehabilitation of access roads to Warri Refinery in Delta State.
Completion of the Dualization of Access Road to Onne Port in Rivers State.
Emergency reinstatement of Washout/Gully erosion at KM127+000 at Auchi along Okene-Benin road and Km14+000 along Auchi-Agenebode road in Edo State.
Rehabilitation of Asphalt Overlay of 2km Access Road to the Federal Science Technical College in Edo State.
Periodic maintenance of East-West-Odi Road in Bayelsa State
Construction of Ikot Ekpene Border-Aba-Owerri Road, Section I, Phase I in Akwa Ibom/Abia/Imo States. 21.95%
Rehabilitation of Calabar Ugep-Ogoja-Katsina Ala Road, Section I (Calabar-Ugep) in Cross River State. 53%
NEW UNIVERSITY BUILT BY PRESIDENT JONATHAN: Federal University, Otuoke, Bayelsa State. —South South.
RENOVATION OF AIRPORTS ACROSS THE NATION: Benin Airport
RENOVATION OF AIRPORTS ACROSS THE NATION: Asaba Airport
RENOVATION OF AIRPORTS ACROSS THE NATION: Calabar Airport
MASSIVE EROSION / DRAINAGE WORKS: Akwa Ibom State, Ravine, Dominic Utuk Avenue, Uyo
CONSTRUCTION OF THE NEW RAIL TRACK AJAOKUTA: These include: Ajaokuta – Warri line of 277km;
CONSULTANCY CONSTRUCTION OF IBAKA DEEP SEA PORT.: Under President Goodluck Jonathan consultancy on Ibaka biggest deep sea port. has been completed. Construction will commence in 2015.
[b][/b]above all i think we should all note that this man saw nigeria as one unit( a whole) and tried to spread projects across board rather than segregating us as we are seeing today. so OP i suggest u google jonathans achievements in general (NIGERIA) THAN just focusing on a particular region. Give that man his props, he tried his bit. yes he couldnt control widespread corruption under his nose but there again look beyond that he did well.

4 Likes

Re: What Was Jonathan's Achievement In The Niger Delta In 5 Years Of His Presidency? by wordychap: 4:06pm On Jun 02, 2016
gagewonda:
RECONSTRUCTION AND DUALIZATION: Benin-Ore-Shagamu Expressway.
Completion of Benin-Ofosu Expressway in Edo States
Completion of Ogoja Junction-Ikom Road in Cross River State
Construction of 15km Interstate road from Aiyegunle-Akoko Edo in Ondo and Edo States.
Completion of the Rehabilitation of access roads to Warri Refinery in Delta State.
Completion of the Dualization of Access Road to Onne Port in Rivers State.
Emergency reinstatement of Washout/Gully erosion at KM127+000 at Auchi along Okene-Benin road and Km14+000 along Auchi-Agenebode road in Edo State.
Rehabilitation of Asphalt Overlay of 2km Access Road to the Federal Science Technical College in Edo State.
Periodic maintenance of East-West-Odi Road in Bayelsa State
Construction of Ikot Ekpene Border-Aba-Owerri Road, Section I, Phase I in Akwa Ibom/Abia/Imo States. 21.95%
Rehabilitation of Calabar Ugep-Ogoja-Katsina Ala Road, Section I (Calabar-Ugep) in Cross River State. 53%
NEW UNIVERSITY BUILT BY PRESIDENT JONATHAN: Federal University, Otuoke, Bayelsa State. —South South.
RENOVATION OF AIRPORTS ACROSS THE NATION: Benin Airport
RENOVATION OF AIRPORTS ACROSS THE NATION: Asaba Airport
RENOVATION OF AIRPORTS ACROSS THE NATION: Calabar Airport
MASSIVE EROSION / DRAINAGE WORKS: Akwa Ibom State, Ravine, Dominic Utuk Avenue, Uyo
CONSTRUCTION OF THE NEW RAIL TRACK AJAOKUTA: These include: Ajaokuta – Warri line of 277km;
CONSULTANCY CONSTRUCTION OF IBAKA DEEP SEA PORT.: Under President Goodluck Jonathan consultancy on Ibaka biggest deep sea port. has been completed. Construction will commence in 2015.
[b][/b]above all i think we should all note that this man saw nigeria as one unit( a whole) and tried to spread projects across board rather than segregating us as we are seeing today. so OP i suggest u google jonathans achievements in general (NIGERIA) THAN just focusing on a particular region. Give that man his props, he tried his bit. yes he couldnt control widespread corruption under his nose but there again look beyond that he did well.
Re: What Was Jonathan's Achievement In The Niger Delta In 5 Years Of His Presidency? by barcaboi(m): 4:09pm On Jun 02, 2016
temptnow:
Yorubbers are the only people in Nigeria that will never go anywhere out of Oshogbo and Lagos. But once Niger Delta is mentioned they will start analysing our matter. Them swear for una?
it's got nothing to do with yorubas....answer his question. ....small brained pple divert attention instead of analysing what is required of them....why ddnt u mention northerners?
Re: What Was Jonathan's Achievement In The Niger Delta In 5 Years Of His Presidency? by spafu(m): 4:12pm On Jun 02, 2016
louqas:
With all the so much noise about Gejj this GEJ that I ask what did he do for his people in 6 years he was president . If he is really a hero what exactly did he do for his people in The Niger delta or is willingly accepting defeat now development that qualifies him as a hero of Niger delta?
Your stupidity showcases itself by not even knowing the number of years Jonathan ruled the country. This year was celebrated as the sixth year since Yar'Adua died and Jonathan left office last year.

2 Likes

Re: What Was Jonathan's Achievement In The Niger Delta In 5 Years Of His Presidency? by louqas: 4:13pm On Jun 02, 2016
RaggedyAnn:

Do for his people? Which people? GEJ was President of Nigeria, not traditional ruler.

Yet you want PMB to be a traditional ruler that will give pipeline contracts to only ijaws ,that will put all the money made from oil into niger delta alone abi. Wake up

1 Like

Re: What Was Jonathan's Achievement In The Niger Delta In 5 Years Of His Presidency? by louqas: 4:14pm On Jun 02, 2016
liveshady:

ur likes will still criticize him for being biased and sentimental for focusing on one region alone if he did all dat. u see?

Isn't that what your likes is doing to PMB?
Re: What Was Jonathan's Achievement In The Niger Delta In 5 Years Of His Presidency? by HorLa00(m): 4:14pm On Jun 02, 2016
jamesibor:

What was OBJ's achievement in the South West for 11 years (8 yrs as civilian & 3 years as military)?

What are Buhari and all other past Northern presidents and heads of state achievements in Northern Nigeria for more than 40 years they've ruled?

But none of them get worshipped like your king Jona?

I can see where the 40 something like a come from. WAILING WAILERS!! grin
Re: What Was Jonathan's Achievement In The Niger Delta In 5 Years Of His Presidency? by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jun 02, 2016
HIGHESTPOPORI:
What was Buhari achievement when he ruled in d past?
So because previous administration did not do anything, if u become president u won't do anything.
Re: What Was Jonathan's Achievement In The Niger Delta In 5 Years Of His Presidency? by louqas: 4:18pm On Jun 02, 2016
anonimi:

What more could he have done than to ensure there is PEACE in the Niger Delta that allows development to take place
Can one say the same for Buhari in the North generally and in the North East, in particular? No.
Capital NO for Buhari.

I think that below is a better DATED reference to Jonathan's visit to the Creeks in 2007 as VP =>

While Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan put his life at stake to negotiate peace with militants so that MORE Niger Delta oil revenue can flow into the national coffers to be shared by the 36 states and 774 LGAs our so-called, over-packaged "brave & courageous" old soldier could not take up the nomination by Boko Haram to negotiate in COMFORTABLE Saudi Arabia for peace in his own region.

What a bloody SCAMMER! angry

So what exactly does the NDA want if gej has done everything they wanted for them?

4 Likes

Re: What Was Jonathan's Achievement In The Niger Delta In 5 Years Of His Presidency? by HorLa00(m): 4:18pm On Jun 02, 2016
Debaddest:
He believed in ONE NIGERIA that's y he developed northern part of Nigeria hoping that the present administration will appreciate it and do the same to the Niger-Delta region

Believing in one Nigeria by starving your family and feeding outsiders.

I can sense and touch your empty skull...

2 Likes

Re: What Was Jonathan's Achievement In The Niger Delta In 5 Years Of His Presidency? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jun 02, 2016
The truth is Donald duke or ibori would have made a better president from Niger Delta than gej. Gej had the chance to become a real hero of Nigeria because during it tenure, crude oil price was the highest till 2014, no militant attack, Biafra agitation was minimal, Nigeria was relatively peaceful, but no development, instead looting became the order of the day. And this looting is the reason for our suffering now.
Re: What Was Jonathan's Achievement In The Niger Delta In 5 Years Of His Presidency? by Rilwayne001: 4:30pm On Jun 02, 2016
Jonathan was no doubt a disaster.
Re: What Was Jonathan's Achievement In The Niger Delta In 5 Years Of His Presidency? by Btruth: 4:33pm On Jun 02, 2016
temptnow:
[size=20pt]Yorubbers are the only people in Nigeria that will never go anywhere out of Oshogbo and Lagos. But once Niger Delta is mentioned they will start analysing our matter. Them swear for una?[/size]
See as you dey open your mouth, as if you know beyond that ND area self.

2 Likes

Re: What Was Jonathan's Achievement In The Niger Delta In 5 Years Of His Presidency? by anonimi: 4:36pm On Jun 02, 2016
louqas:
So what exactly does the NDA want if gej has done everything they wanted for them?

Wanted is a PAST tense oh bro, in case you did not notice.
Our people talk sey person wey belle full today go still hungry tomorrow, not so

1 Like

Re: What Was Jonathan's Achievement In The Niger Delta In 5 Years Of His Presidency? by DobleO7: 4:37pm On Jun 02, 2016
louqas:
East west road that will open up the region - uncompleted

Coastal railway from Lagos to calabar - not touched (even though he built a railway from kaduna to abuja, after his disciples will be call some people Hausa slaves )

Unep report on ogoni clean up - nothing done or is it because it isn't In ijawland?

No airport in bayelsa his home state even though one of his mistress said she built airports all over Nigeria

What exactly did he do to deserve being called a hero in the Niger delta?

If those avenger are not to creation they should hold him responsible for the underdevelopment of the Niger delta because he had 6 years to turn things around there.

What did Obasanjo do for his people? Was GEJ a president for his people?
Re: What Was Jonathan's Achievement In The Niger Delta In 5 Years Of His Presidency? by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jun 02, 2016
believe me. the way Jonathan behaved to his region when he was in power make me sometimes want to say he is a curse to them and not a blessing.

I would rather my enemy be in power to help me than for my brother to be in power and make my life more miserable.

#my opinion so if u have a better one just move on with ur life instead of killing urself over a Freeman like me.

1 Like

Re: What Was Jonathan's Achievement In The Niger Delta In 5 Years Of His Presidency? by jamesibor: 4:51pm On Jun 02, 2016
HorLa00:

But none of them get worshipped like your king Jona?

I can see where the 40 something like a come from. WAILING WAILERS!! grin
If any past or present president in Nigeria is worshiped, it's Buhari. What are his achievements in the North?
Re: What Was Jonathan's Achievement In The Niger Delta In 5 Years Of His Presidency? by Alexchuka(m): 4:53pm On Jun 02, 2016
louqas:
With all the so much noise about Gejj this GEJ that I ask what did he do for his people in 6 years he was president . If he is really a hero what exactly did he do for his people in The Niger delta or is willingly accepting defeat now development that qualifies him as a hero of Niger delta?

Why are you dwelling in the past and why is this post in the front page? Rubbish
Re: What Was Jonathan's Achievement In The Niger Delta In 5 Years Of His Presidency? by louqas: 4:55pm On Jun 02, 2016
spafu:

Your stupidity showcases itself by not even knowing the number of years Jonathan ruled the country. This year was celebrated as the sixth year since Yar'Adua died and Jonathan left office last year.

You can pass across your message without insults . Next time I won't spare you.be warned

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

''Wanted: Maximum Security For Mr. President As Corruption Fights Back'' / PDP Welcomes Atiku With A Banner At Their Headquarters In Abuja (Photos) / Sirajo Alkali Dies, Jonathan’s Police Outrider

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.