Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,800 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:02 PM

How To Spot Fake/scam Job Interviews And Invitations. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Spot Fake/scam Job Interviews And Invitations. (791 Views)

Nigeria Immigration Service Sends Invitations To Successful Applicants / : How Dangote Duped Graduates Of Millions Through Scam Job / The Three Types Of Interviews And How To Prepare For It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Spot Fake/scam Job Interviews And Invitations. by ournaijablog(f): 12:44pm On Jun 02, 2016
Unemployment has been one of the many problems facing Nigeria and the world at large, it’s like a stubborn cancer when you cure it, it comes back aggressively. Many people have finished school for years and the employment market has never favored them, either they are self-employed now or have joined those who blame the government for lack of employment.

Before my final exams I started sending out my CV, I was eager to work and become like the other robots who’s only aim in life was to wake up, go to work, come home, pay bills and on and on and on, the cycle never stops or break well I still don’t have a job hence I discovered I had talent lurked somewhere inside me.

I have always heard people complain how they fell victim to fake interviews or job invites and how they were also extorted of money they never had in the first place. Before I started job hunting I had made investigations and research on how not to fall victim of this scrupulous scam, it’s pretty easy to spot them if you aren’t desperate; but it’s hard to even know they exist if you are really desperate and hungry to get a job.

Recently someone pitched an idea to me on how I go make tens of thousands in a day, of course I was genuinely interested my bank account balance was really low and making tens of thousands in a day was the perfect scheme to invest in; well the conversation was going really well until I was told I had to pay a certain amount of money to be able to make more money, my spirit fell, my hopes dashed I said to myself oh it’s one of the get rich quick scheme. Then my brain started going into overdrive, the person who brought this idea to me was looking way worse than I was at the time, I mean if I could make millions in months and thousands in days while does this person look like he could use the money much more than me?

Now how do you spot this Evil sons and daughters of bitches?
1. When they send you job invitations, the position you applied for is never mentioned.

2. They always send you job invitations weekends, midnight, and early mornings.

3. They invite you for interviews a day after the invitation is sent.

4. Their companies are never on Google.

5. They send you job invitations with reference numbers.

6. They always describe the address in their invitations.

7. They always ask for money.

8. They pitch sales idea to you.

9. They ask you to send your name, email, phone number to a phony email address.

10. When you decide to go for the interviews, you are locked in a room and lectured for about 5 hours and at the end they ask you to part with a substantial amount of money for registration.

This is a re-occurring trait and you can never miss these signs, but it’s a pity some gullible ones still fall victim, I really hope this helps someone out there and I hope the government do about this because this is extortion and emotional coercion, it should be listed as a crime punishable by law and should carry a heavy sentence.

Ibeji Isabella.

http://www.ournaijablog.com/how-to-spot-fakescam-job-interviews-and-invitations/

1 Like

Re: How To Spot Fake/scam Job Interviews And Invitations. by davepepple83(m): 6:15pm On Jun 02, 2016
May you live long Isabela.Your head dey there!!!!!Nobe small thing ooooo.I almost fell a victim in the past.Awon Oloriburuku wey no get job!!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Spot Fake/scam Job Interviews And Invitations. by ournaijablog(f): 11:43pm On Jun 02, 2016
davepepple83:
May you live long Isabela.Your head dey there!!!!!Nobe small thing ooooo.I almost fell a victim in the past.Awon Oloriburuku wey no get job!!!!!

lool thanks, I get invites from them all the time. today alone I have gotten 5 from same number different company name

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Urgent Vacancy / Volunteer Officers At Discovery Cycle Professionals (DCP). Apply now! / Urgent Vacancies In Victoria Island Boutique Hotel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.