Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,022 members, 7,807,002 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:24 AM

Strange Rainfall In Kpalime Togo (Video, Pics) - Science/Technology (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Strange Rainfall In Kpalime Togo (Video, Pics) (97192 Views)

7 New Facts About Rainfall You Should Know - Mrphysics / Goat Gives Birth To Strange Creature In Limpopo,South Africa (viewers Discretion / NIMET Predicts Less Rainfall In 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strange Rainfall In Kpalime Togo (Video, Pics) by quickly: 10:58pm On Jun 02, 2016
Lie lie Dat one no be rainfall , it's from the ground up,
Re: Strange Rainfall In Kpalime Togo (Video, Pics) by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jun 02, 2016
Rain falls from the sky that's why its called rain-fall...this one is shooting upwards towards the sky so it's either a burst water mains, an upwelling of an underground aquifer or some repercussion of boring gone askew...observe that the water is not spreading, it is going straight back into the Earth, letting us know that there's a deep hole from whence the upwelling arose. Your village people never strong reach to cause this wan.
Re: Strange Rainfall In Kpalime Togo (Video, Pics) by DRCHARLIEz(m): 11:05pm On Jun 02, 2016
Really strange,what can be the explanation to this
Re: Strange Rainfall In Kpalime Togo (Video, Pics) by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jun 02, 2016
erico2k2:

nah its not, this also happened in the US

oh is that so? wasn't aware of that. will like you to post a link so we can educate ourselves. thanks.
Re: Strange Rainfall In Kpalime Togo (Video, Pics) by elampiro(m): 11:19pm On Jun 02, 2016
ZACHIE:
Ignorance everywhere. What's strange about this? 2 things can cause this 1. It could be a GEYSER, which it likely is. 2. A burst pipe from a waterline.
People should stop ascribing unusualness to common geographical phenomena
http://www.snopes.com/togo-rain-mystery-video/
But the water is dropping from the Sky. Did watch the video?
Re: Strange Rainfall In Kpalime Togo (Video, Pics) by elampiro(m): 11:23pm On Jun 02, 2016

This water is dropping from the Sky. It is not going up. It looks like many people did not watch the video.
Re: Strange Rainfall In Kpalime Togo (Video, Pics) by elampiro(m): 11:25pm On Jun 02, 2016
GogobiriLalas:
Rain falls from the sky that's why its called rain-fall...this one is shooting upwards towards the sky so it's either a burst water mains, an upwelling of an underground aquifer or some repercussion of boring gone askew...observe that the water is not spreading, it is going straight back into the Earth, letting us know that there's a deep hole from whence the upwelling arose. Your village people never strong reach to cause this wan.

How is it shooting upward? Did you watch the video?
Re: Strange Rainfall In Kpalime Togo (Video, Pics) by BomboyOnline: 11:30pm On Jun 02, 2016
The first clue is that a central water column can be periodically glimpsed throughout the video. The water is erupting from a hole in the ground and then falling back to the ground:

3 Likes

Re: Strange Rainfall In Kpalime Togo (Video, Pics) by BomboyOnline: 11:31pm On Jun 02, 2016
The peak of this geyser can also be glimpsed at several points in the video, and at the 1:17 mark viewers can actually see the height of the geyser briefly change:

<iframe src="http://gifs.com/embed/2kQ26A" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" width="270px" height="360px" style="margin: 0 auto; -webkit-backface-visibility: hidden;-webkit-transform: scale(1);" ></iframe>
Re: Strange Rainfall In Kpalime Togo (Video, Pics) by Nobody: 11:38pm On Jun 02, 2016
elampiro:

How is it shooting upward? Did you watch the video?
bros your computer must be upside down if you think it's shooting downward...
Re: Strange Rainfall In Kpalime Togo (Video, Pics) by erico2k2(m): 11:44pm On Jun 02, 2016
Ioannes:

oh is that so? wasn't aware of that. will like you to post a link so we can educate ourselves. thanks.
I already did, check my previous post,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKVMuzdx2q0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gE07-18TTg
Re: Strange Rainfall In Kpalime Togo (Video, Pics) by erico2k2(m): 11:47pm On Jun 02, 2016
quickly:
Lie lie Dat one no be rainfall , it's from the ground up,

Re: Strange Rainfall In Kpalime Togo (Video, Pics) by agadaone1(m): 12:22am On Jun 03, 2016
fear for catch me ooh...i had to watch it over n over again...its actually from the ground, a burst pipe i guess but the force pushing the water is really high for it to go up that high...but its no were close to the sky guys
Re: Strange Rainfall In Kpalime Togo (Video, Pics) by smexy(m): 12:23am On Jun 03, 2016
oluyale:
Na after effect!
no, na premiere pro
Re: Strange Rainfall In Kpalime Togo (Video, Pics) by Nobody: 12:41am On Jun 03, 2016
Choi. Africa is so backward.
Re: Strange Rainfall In Kpalime Togo (Video, Pics) by lukency(m): 1:58am On Jun 03, 2016
sirugos:
I have watched this video several times on Facebook tag. There is nothing like strange rain. That's water that came out during boring of bore hole. Either one of the pipe busted and d pressure was much. Strange water ko. Strange fire ni
But its not common and anything dtz nt common shld be termed strange.
Re: Strange Rainfall In Kpalime Togo (Video, Pics) by lastpage: 2:19am On Jun 03, 2016
See wahala!

Lastpage!
Re: Strange Rainfall In Kpalime Togo (Video, Pics) by Nobody: 4:10am On Jun 03, 2016
Dollyak:
loool That is just a fountain. You can clearly see the upward jet of the water rising up in the middle of the downpour. Theorectically speaking, any rainfall with this level of concentrated rainfall can only happen in a gas planet with extreme high atmospheric pressure to low ground pressure.

Edit: The peak of this geyser can also be glimpsed at several points in the video, and at the 1:17 mark viewers can actually see the brief change in the height of the geyser.
quite impressive.
Re: Strange Rainfall In Kpalime Togo (Video, Pics) by talktonase(m): 5:34am On Jun 03, 2016
AjayiWrites2:
Lalasticlala, come and see people from the village at work oo
Very fetish kind of people so i am not surprised.
Re: Strange Rainfall In Kpalime Togo (Video, Pics) by ogunsbanjul(m): 6:09am On Jun 03, 2016
Jesus is coming soon. Lord Jesus help me and my family to resurrect with you by your mercy
Re: Strange Rainfall In Kpalime Togo (Video, Pics) by Blinkzy(m): 6:16am On Jun 03, 2016
ZACHIE:
Ignorance everywhere.
What's strange about this?
2 things can cause this
1. It could be a GEYSER, which it likely is.
2. A burst pipe from a waterline.

A burst pipeline when you can visualize the pictures clearly. Which water pipeline will be run into the atmosphere? sad
ZACHIE:
Ignorance everywhere.
What's strange about this?
2 things can cause this
1. It could be a GEYSER, which it likely is.
2. A burst pipe from a waterline.

A burst pipeline when you can visualize the pictures clearly. Which water pipeline will be run into the atmosphere?
Re: Strange Rainfall In Kpalime Togo (Video, Pics) by Nobody: 6:16am On Jun 03, 2016
erico2k2:

I did and not only o n here, on BBC and the Nation geographical society channel 4 years ago, its a well documented phenomenon, I am quite surprised you lots are seeing this for the very first time, its been around for Hundreds of years, you can see reports and dates o n that link
This is waht gave rise to CLOUD SEEDING

A lot of Nairalanders are illiterates, it is fruitless arguing with them. If they want to dedicate a shrine to a geyser or a damaged water main let them.
Re: Strange Rainfall In Kpalime Togo (Video, Pics) by Megaflex(m): 6:52am On Jun 03, 2016
bulldoza:

Wow!
Congratulations
You just won yourself the award of the dumbest and ignorant person on nairaland.
You have eyes but WILL NEVER WANT TO SEE.
bros no vex, bt ur stupidity dey phenominal. look closely at d center of d downpour. wot do u see? water goin up ryt?? nw apologise to dat intelligent fella who educated u
Re: Strange Rainfall In Kpalime Togo (Video, Pics) by xcllaxix(m): 6:57am On Jun 03, 2016
Dollyak:
loool That is just a fountain. You can clearly see the upward jet of the water rising up in the middle of the downpour. Theorectically speaking, any rainfall with this level of concentrated rainfall can only happen in a gas planet with extreme high atmospheric pressure to low ground pressure.

Edit: The peak of this geyser can also be glimpsed at several points in the video, and at the 1:17 mark viewers can actually see the brief change in the height of the geyser.
Marry me..pleaseee!!!...very intelligent analysis.
Re: Strange Rainfall In Kpalime Togo (Video, Pics) by eraly(m): 6:58am On Jun 03, 2016
naijaboy756:
obviously you are a sinner. That is why you are scared

Lolz. Bro, no be so o, na data cause am o. Haba. Though am not righteous
Re: Strange Rainfall In Kpalime Togo (Video, Pics) by Nobody: 7:03am On Jun 03, 2016
erico2k2:
I already did, check my previous post,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKVMuzdx2q0

thanks a bunch. I will definitely check that out.
Re: Strange Rainfall In Kpalime Togo (Video, Pics) by Nobody: 7:54am On Jun 03, 2016
Megaflex:
bros no vex, bt ur stupidity dey phenominal. look closely at d center of d downpour. wot do u see? water goin up ryt?? nw apologise to dat intelligent fella who educated u
Look closely to what? Bullshitz undecided
Were you there?
Mumu

1 Like

Re: Strange Rainfall In Kpalime Togo (Video, Pics) by tonexman18(m): 8:03am On Jun 03, 2016
gods of dere land at work
Re: Strange Rainfall In Kpalime Togo (Video, Pics) by Nobody: 8:27am On Jun 03, 2016
Dollyak:

You don't say. cheesy
Re: Strange Rainfall In Kpalime Togo (Video, Pics) by Marlvin(m): 8:28am On Jun 03, 2016
Like someone said, it sure could be a 'geyser '.
Re: Strange Rainfall In Kpalime Togo (Video, Pics) by erico2k2(m): 8:28am On Jun 03, 2016
Megaflex:
Guy you are still an illiterate even after the documented evidence
Re: Strange Rainfall In Kpalime Togo (Video, Pics) by Mikylopez(f): 8:31am On Jun 03, 2016
NwaNimo1:
Water from the heavens.....as above so below!

wt d 4k did u jes comment? does dumb head screaming end time tins jes shut up get educated n stop swimming in ignorance......

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bayelsa Fisherman Using A Dolphin As Bait, Caught 10 Sharks In A Day (Photos) / Fish With Human-Like Teeth Caught In Malaysia (Photos) / Photos Of Dolphin Caught In Brass, Bayelsa State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.