Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,937 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:20 AM

I Was Expelled From School, I'm Destroying My Life And Future, Help! - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Was Expelled From School, I'm Destroying My Life And Future, Help! (29222 Views)

Why Olusegun Kayode Bello Was Expelled From The Nigerian Law School - Management / Lady Expelled From Covenant University In 300L, Becomes Best Graduating Student / A Student Was Expelled From School In Kenya For Drawing This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Expelled From School, I'm Destroying My Life And Future, Help! by 19naia(m): 3:58pm On Jun 03, 2016
Go and find items to hawk on the streets to make some money and use your time in a way that will teach you humility, discipline and self responsibility. Give yourself a taste of real hustle in life while being productive and useful. And don't be one of those annoying hawkers who causes traffic hold ups and accidents or swindles customers.
You will benefit from applyng yourself in humility. Obviously you are not accustomed to working hard and carrying good focus if you have time and energy to do the things that got you expelled from school. Meanwhile, others are hawking on the streets with dreams of being in school one day to earn a certificate/degree. undecided
Re: I Was Expelled From School, I'm Destroying My Life And Future, Help! by lmm4real: 4:00pm On Jun 03, 2016
GuDErboY:
Getting expelled is not a normal thing sir for any reason what so ever.

There is a reason for every thing that happens to one, if getting expelled is it then its ok than getting killed in school or because of school. You guys should not make it sound like a big deal ok.

1 Like

Re: I Was Expelled From School, I'm Destroying My Life And Future, Help! by thundergucci(m): 4:24pm On Jun 03, 2016
Pikin dem dey get mind oh, suicide ke? When me I cannot even chook myself with pin not to talk of taking my life
Re: I Was Expelled From School, I'm Destroying My Life And Future, Help! by Habakus: 4:34pm On Jun 03, 2016
fortune98:
pls i need someone too advice me cos am too ashamed to visit a counsellor.i got expelled in my 200 level and nobody at home knows about it .out of guilty conscience av stopped sending d money sent to me from home.all i do is think all day and am currently contemplating suicide ...pls i need someone to advice me..
.am just 18.NOTE:am using a friend's acct...
*NO INSULT PLS*
Let me tell you right away that the final decision is yours to make. A lot of people might advice you here to tell your parents about it immediately but,that doing that depends on your people and the kind of people they are. People are different;how your people will react to such news might not be how my people will react to a similar news. Such news can really be too much for some parents to take and they might lose their confidence in you,or might even stop financing your studies without realizing or believing that you've realized your mistakes ( that's assuming the mistake came from you). Some might even breakdown healthwise on hearing such news. So what should you do? Be wise! You have to alleviate the impact of the news as much as you can. And since you know your people better,you should know how they'll take the news. Secondly,think about getting admission again into a school,and then you can tell them. That way,they'll know for sure that you've learnt from your mistake. People who make this kind of your mistake and realize it,and are willing to buckle up,most times go ahead to become the best in their chosen career path. I tell you all these from numerous experiences. Just be wise!

2 Likes

Re: I Was Expelled From School, I'm Destroying My Life And Future, Help! by highpappy: 4:34pm On Jun 03, 2016
WebSurfer:
Whattttttttt? Suicide sad

For this small thing ? This guy no like life before oo grin

And why do you think this is funny??
Re: I Was Expelled From School, I'm Destroying My Life And Future, Help! by Ibrahim9090: 4:37pm On Jun 03, 2016
Suicide is never the solution to challenges.. You face your challenges matter of time you overcome it... Please open up to whoever that can influence your life positively... Wishing you the best
Re: I Was Expelled From School, I'm Destroying My Life And Future, Help! by Anayordike(m): 4:47pm On Jun 03, 2016
fortune98:
pls i need someone too advice me cos am too ashamed to visit a counsellor.i got expelled in my 200 level and nobody at home knows about it .out of guilty conscience av stopped sending d money sent to me from home.all i do is think all day and am currently contemplating suicide ...pls i need someone to advice me..
*NO INSULT PLS*

"Out of guilty conscience I have stopped spending the money sent to me from home." 2. "All I do is think all day and am contemplating suicide".

Dear friend the fact that you are feeling guilty is an indication that what you did that led to your expulsion in your level 200 in the high institution may be very grievous. And good enough, the fact that you felt guilty in a sign that you are ready to make amendment. But do not allow the guilty conscience to destroy your future. You must go back to your parents and reveal everything to them. The Bible says that he who covers his sins shall not prosper, but he who confesses and forsakes them shall obtain mercy(Proverbs 28:13). Remember also the prodigal son in the gospel of Luke 15:11-24.

You can never tell but I know your parents still love irrespective of whatever happens. To avoid injuring yourself please let out everything to your parents. They will certainly feel bad but the will overcome it and then help you to forge ahead. There's no time they will not know what has happened. But it will be better and bearable if you tell them yourself.
If you cannot tell them tell your pastor. I believe he knows what to do.
Prophetically speaking, you have a better future. You have the ability to make things happen, only if you believe.
God bless you.
Re: I Was Expelled From School, I'm Destroying My Life And Future, Help! by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jun 03, 2016
Get admission into NOUN. Start over and don't tell at home.

1 Like

Re: I Was Expelled From School, I'm Destroying My Life And Future, Help! by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jun 03, 2016
fortune98:
*NO INSULT PLS*

Weather you are 18 or 100. Am sure for the school to do so. You must have done something very wrong. The best is for you to tell your parent. If you are afraid. Start from telling you closest and friendly sibling. Every family has a match. Kindly tell them. So they will know what they can do for you.
Re: I Was Expelled From School, I'm Destroying My Life And Future, Help! by GuDErboY(m): 6:00pm On Jun 03, 2016
lmm4real:

There is a reason for every thing that happens to one, if getting expelled is it then its ok than getting killed in school or because of school. You guys should not make it sound like a big deal ok.
You jst might be ryt boss.....i affirm to that but wat i stl dnt agree to is the fact dat u said it was normal.
Re: I Was Expelled From School, I'm Destroying My Life And Future, Help! by IamforGod: 6:02pm On Jun 03, 2016
fortune98:
*NO INSULT PLS*

My opinion: don't tell them yet, do jamb, get into another university, then tell them so there would be good and bad news to deliver to them. Good luck

Most of all, please don't go back into what ever u were expelled for and be focus on whhat ur priority is and finish with good grade

1 Like

Re: I Was Expelled From School, I'm Destroying My Life And Future, Help! by mctowel01: 6:17pm On Jun 03, 2016
fortune98:

.am j.
*NO INSULT PLS*
I lied about my result from 200l first semester to final year. My cgpa was way below what i was telling them. I always thought i could make up for it with every coming semester, but it kept going down every semester till i had no other alternative than to tell the truth. I always dreaded the day it will happen cos i know the truth will unfold one day. I wanted to make sure i told them myself. So on this day i made up my mind, I subscribed for Internet on my modem, met them in the evening, i then confessed, and gave them my login details so they will see the whole truth for themselves. It was very very hard believe me, but i thank God i ve passed that challenge. They were dissapointed, they shouted about it, but as the days went, things gradually tried to normalize naturally. At a point, they were supportive in my final year project. Now, its history.
Re: I Was Expelled From School, I'm Destroying My Life And Future, Help! by tinkdoll(f): 6:19pm On Jun 03, 2016
Hi dearie you've got nothing to lose if you're in school pple would talk and if you're not dhe would still talk by your age and you being a guy you still av lots of advantaGe on your side just tell your parents and ask for Gods forgiveness cos u Cldnt have been expelled for no particular reason and get Serious!too good luck
Re: I Was Expelled From School, I'm Destroying My Life And Future, Help! by basadenet: 6:31pm On Jun 03, 2016
I hope you are not a cultist sha? anyway it is not too late to go back home, tell your story and ask for forgiveness.
Re: I Was Expelled From School, I'm Destroying My Life And Future, Help! by KazukiIto(m): 6:50pm On Jun 03, 2016
I know how you feel brother. I've been through school shit before and I've even attempted said suicide - I'm still alive, unfortunately. What you should know is, delay is dangerous. The earlier your parents know, the better. Just do it man!
Re: I Was Expelled From School, I'm Destroying My Life And Future, Help! by forap(m): 7:33pm On Jun 03, 2016
Please ensure you inform your parents about it before you start meeting with wrong people who may end up leading you into dangerous paths. Don't start looking for ways to get out of this on your own, it usually doesn't end good. If you can't tell them face to face, find a trusted family member or friend to help you discuss it with them. At this stage in your life, your failure is their responsibility, no matter what. So they will find a way out for you. Don't throw your future away, endure the fleeting shame and do the right thing.
Re: I Was Expelled From School, I'm Destroying My Life And Future, Help! by Analysiscorner: 8:42pm On Jun 03, 2016
TALK TO YOUR PARENTS. OR TO YOUR PARENTS . FROM THE DISCUSSION, YOU COULD BE READMITTED, EVEN IF IT IS TO REPEAT A YEAR. THE TONE OF THE PERSON THAT WOULD PLEAD ON YOUR BEHALF MATTERS A LOT.
Re: I Was Expelled From School, I'm Destroying My Life And Future, Help! by fortune98(m): 9:41pm On Jun 03, 2016
Habakus:
Let me tell you right away that the final decision is yours to make. A lot of people might advice you here to tell your parents about it immediately but,that doing that depends on your people and the kind of people they are. People are different;how your people will react to such news might not be how my people will react to a similar news. Such news can really be too much for some parents to take and they might lose their confidence in you,or might even stop financing your studies without realizing or believing that you've realized your mistakes ( that's assuming the mistake came from you). Some might even breakdown healthwise on hearing such news. So what should you do? Be wise! You have to alleviate the impact of the news as much as you can. And since you know your people better,you should know how they'll take the news. Secondly,think about getting admission again into a school,and then you can tell them. That way,they'll know for sure that you've learnt from your mistake. People who make this kind of your mistake and realize it,and are willing to buckle up,most times go ahead to become the best in their chosen career path. I tell you all these from numerous experiences. Just be wise!
thank u very much
Re: I Was Expelled From School, I'm Destroying My Life And Future, Help! by tola268: 9:44pm On Jun 03, 2016
fortune98:
*NO INSULT PLS*
fortune98:
*NO INSULT PLS*
Don't destroy your life, go to your parent friend, tell him or her to lead you to tell your parent. Expulsion from school shouldn't be the end of life. A governor in Nigeria is expelled when he was in Polytechnic but now a governor
Re: I Was Expelled From School, I'm Destroying My Life And Future, Help! by ochallo: 9:59pm On Jun 03, 2016
9jatatafo:

I won't argue with you because all you are saying doesn't add up

I totally understand the fact that this might not add up to you. It simply called being Narrow minded. You can't comprehend that fact that situations differ from each other and must be treated as such and there is no single answer that works for all situations. You don't tell someone that is suicidal to go and do the thing he is so scared of doing. Most people advising him here are telling him based on their own perceptions of the situations.
We don't have the full details of this particular situation and until then, talking to a counselor is the best option for him.
Re: I Was Expelled From School, I'm Destroying My Life And Future, Help! by shilz(f): 10:33pm On Jun 03, 2016
suicide is never the answer,if I tell u about mine few yrs ago u will forget yours and start crying for me, try open up to close family member.

1 Like

Re: I Was Expelled From School, I'm Destroying My Life And Future, Help! by olanshile2016(m): 11:01pm On Jun 03, 2016
i will advice u to tell yo parent,is not the end of the world mehn
Re: I Was Expelled From School, I'm Destroying My Life And Future, Help! by omotroyz(m): 11:58pm On Jun 03, 2016
Poorboy:
The people above me why give the boy advice, ask him a simple question EXPLAIN IN DETAILS WHY YOU WERE EXPELLED FROM SCHOOL? @ fortune98
does it really matter now?
Re: I Was Expelled From School, I'm Destroying My Life And Future, Help! by omotroyz(m): 12:23am On Jun 04, 2016
guy u fuvked up, intact u need serious beating, if to say I dey near u, I for dash u 2 thunder bolt slap.
alright, I no dey vex again, make sure u no repeat wetin make them expel u oo.
bro in life everyone face frustration in one way or the other. and right now u are facing urs. there are two ways people react to frustration, either positively or negatively.
POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS TO YOUR FRUSTRATION.
1. NEGATIVE REACTION: hate yourself and commit suicide by hanging yourself, u can drink rat poison, drown yourself or run into a moving car. in fact go to Google and search for best ways of committing suicide.
2. POSITIVE REACTION: meet a counselor or confide in someone close to u in your family not necessarily your parents. then either u take jamb or an A'level course that will take u directly to 200l in the following year.
I am currently in my final year, and I was almost expelled last semester for impersonating, I felt like the earth should swallow me up, and then I reacted positively to d problem, I never told my mum and dad, I confided in my elder bro, and he stood by my side along with my trusted friends, with my good liaison, I was able to clear up the mess. up till this moment, my parents are still not aware. so guy u are in the position to decide, either u react negatively or positively. choice is yours. good luck..
Re: I Was Expelled From School, I'm Destroying My Life And Future, Help! by mytym1: 2:30am On Jun 04, 2016
What caused the expel of thing?
Re: I Was Expelled From School, I'm Destroying My Life And Future, Help! by akinsunny2009(m): 6:10am On Jun 04, 2016
OP, it's certain that you're not willing to commit suicide, because if you really wants that I will advise you to go for something that will be more painful like hanging yourself, Young lad why will that comes up in your mind, I will advise you, Inform your mom that you're having issues with your studentship in school, But for it to be of less shock tell her that you re still making some moves and if she can come over to help you solicit the school might reconsider you but if it's go the other way round, I bet it, your Parent will be the one advising you to get another jamb and move on. You might be thinking of the shame but my dear frnd, it will be more shameful as you grow

1 Like

Re: I Was Expelled From School, I'm Destroying My Life And Future, Help! by Thompsonpet(m): 6:48am On Jun 04, 2016
My brother, School expelling you is not d end of d world. Me got into d university wen I was 21. Now, each day I keep thanking God for not letting me into Uni immediately I came out from sec school cox it was all for my own gud. So my dear, its for ur own gud. Just go get jamb nd start preparing for exams. My not necessarily tell ur parents. but if u r very close wit ur mum, u can let ha knw. But DONT GIVE UP, KEEP PUSHING!
Re: I Was Expelled From School, I'm Destroying My Life And Future, Help! by 9jatatafo(m): 7:41am On Jun 04, 2016
ochallo:

I totally understand the fact that this might not add up to you. It simply called being Narrow minded. You can't comprehend that fact that situations differ from each other and must be treated as such and there is no single answer that works for all situations. You don't tell someone that is suicidal to go and do the thing he is so scared of doing. Most people advising him here are telling him based on their own perceptions of the situations.

We don't have the full details of this particular situation and until then, talking to a counselor is the best option for him.

You are entitled to your opinion
Re: I Was Expelled From School, I'm Destroying My Life And Future, Help! by Emeka99(m): 8:58am On Jun 04, 2016
pls u better inform your parents as this will help a lot.and pls is this Obed.
Re: I Was Expelled From School, I'm Destroying My Life And Future, Help! by SnowNigeria: 3:47pm On Jun 04, 2016
Proverbs 3:5-6 King James Version (KJV)

5 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Hello brother/sister, God is closer than you think.
The first thing you need to do is to confess your known and unknown sins to God. Forgive yourself and forgive anyone that may have offended you.
Then commit your problems into the hand of God and ask God for direction.
Look for a bible believing church, report to the pastor of the church and open up to him/her. Have the pastor call your parents and have him plead with them. Have yourself mentored under the leadership of the church and study the word of God.
Have yourself placed on learning something that will fetch you little money to survive like Photography on campus. Your mind will be on going to school always while you study for another entry exam.
Know what you can handle academically. For example, If you are born to be a teacher, go for it. Just don't mind whatever what today says.
I want you to meditate on the bible verse that I have given to you.
It may be too simple but this is true.
I graduated from secondary school at the age of 23 in Nigeria. I attempted English several times because I refused to cheat. I eventually made it with C4 twice. First result cancelled by WAEC after 1 year of giving me my result. I was almost admitted for direct entry at Obafemi Awolowo University when this happened. I wept I got this admission but WAEC messed me up. I ended up as Okada rider for 11 years. I kept my hope in God. Withing that time I sat for my GCE again got my C4 without studying because I had it in me. Now my simple English is sharp, sound and polished.
Little did I know that God was preparing me for outside Nigeria. Now I live in the reality of my dream. Miraculously, I now study, work and live in one of the best first world countries.
God is preparing you for greatness.
Have you ever seen anyone in the bible that God used without testing them with something? Even Mary the mother of Jesus was surprised when visited by angel Gabriel. She asked How and Why me question? Examples: 1) Joseph/prison/prime minister. 2) Moses/burning bush/deliverer . 3) King David/shepherd/king e.t.c.
Your time of visitation just occurred. The way you handle it is what determines your failure and Success not what happened to you.
This is for everyone that is in one problem or the other. The higher the pressure the closer you are to your victory and the bigger your greatness.

Take this:
The purchasing power of =N=1000 note printed 10 years ago, that has been bartered, used in the market by traders all over Nigeria is the same value of =N=1000 note printed today. When you go to market to spend your old money. It carries the same value with the newest. Your life carries a value. The value remains shining and relevant in the market place of this world.
Please look at this picture, don't make this decision by quitting.The man below was almost there but he changed his mind at a very close range to his breakthrough. When you qiut is when time with resources are wasted.
Winners never quit. Your breakthrough is closer than you think. You turned 18 years by waiting from 18 seconds to 18 hours to 18 months now 18 years. Count your blessings. As long as you live. There are better days ahead.
Have faith in God and all will be well. Disassociate yourself from all unGodly friends. All is well.

1 Like

Re: I Was Expelled From School, I'm Destroying My Life And Future, Help! by cr80vity(m): 4:22am On Jun 06, 2016
use d money you are collecting from homr to take another jamb nd.while reading for the jamb, look for sth to learn

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ogege Elozino, Missing DELSU Student (Photos) / Many Nigerian Graduates Can’t Read Or Write - Minister Of Education / Most Nigerian Students In Ghanaian Universities Are Serial JAMB Failures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.