Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,460 members, 7,801,144 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:29 AM

How I Lost My Freedom To Anger- A Short Story - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / How I Lost My Freedom To Anger- A Short Story (8480 Views)

How I Lost A 150k Per Month Job because of a Cockroach !!! / How I Lost My Twin Brother To The Cold Hands Of Death / The Day I Lost My Virginity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Lost My Freedom To Anger- A Short Story by Divepen1(m): 12:05am On Jun 03, 2016
By Akintayo Akinjide
I climbed down the Black Maria and wished I had controlled my anger that evening. At least if I had, I won’t be ending my life in prison for my inability to control it.
Men had called me beautiful. Many had
told me I looked like an angel, that my presence in their life would help them get to a higher ground. But I refused. Not that I was proud. It wasn’t also because I was rich. Yes, I was rich, very wealthy. Both of my rich parents were dead and that automatically placed me in wealth I never worked for. More so, I was hardworking.
It wasn’t also because I hadn’t seen the man of my dream. In fact, about three men had made my long list. But I couldn’t double date. Rather, I couldn’t double love. I was in love with Jensimi. He was dangerously handsome. His height was just that of my dream man.

And so on the day my problem occurred, I was daydreaming about him, expecting him. He wasn’t rich. But I have covered that vacuum. Î gave him a car, a house, everything. He was the exact person I wanted as the father of my children.
And that was our sixth year of being friends. I met him on my 28th birthday after one of my friends introduced him as her cousin.
Today, he came in, looking elegant. I was short of breath as he approached the table.
Everything in me had waited for this day.Everything pointed to the fact that he loved me. So, why the delay?
After we’ve exchanged pleasantries, talked generally, and eaten, I decided to voice out.
I’d ordered one of our favourite wines. We would use it to celebrate the great reply.
‘Jen-?’
‘Do you-‘
I swallowed hard. Maybe he was going to say it.
‘You go first’, he said.
‘No you…’
‘I just wanted to know if you are enjoying the meal’.
I knew it. He was shy.
‘Ok…Jen, what’s happening between us?’
He looked up, his fork hanging from his mouth. I looked at his hand. He was a fast learner. I have never seen such a man who was humble, who could stoop so low to learn from a lady, from me. If joy were bulb, it would have lightened my face.
‘What? I see you as a younger sister.
Nothing else’.
My heart felt like falling out through my mouth. I needed something to hold as I blinked severally and my mouth opened like the opening of the caves, which had no hope of ever closing. I held the wine
bottle, to strengthen myself through his
confessions that hit me like arrows.
‘Yes. You’re just a younger sister’.
‘You are mad’ I shouted and smashed his head with the wine bottle. He fell. I smashed again. And again. Until I controlled my anger. By the time I stopped, his skull was soft and cracked.
I had lost it and had to face the music…

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How I Lost My Freedom To Anger- A Short Story by whitecloth: 12:39am On Jun 03, 2016
What a nice story

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Freedom To Anger- A Short Story by naijafox(m): 4:32am On Jun 03, 2016
Hmm;

For all those ladies friendzoning me, BE WARNED, I FIT FORGET BOTTLE FOR YOUR HEAD O

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Lost My Freedom To Anger- A Short Story by ibkgab001: 6:49am On Jun 03, 2016
NairAland movie
Re: How I Lost My Freedom To Anger- A Short Story by ibkgab001: 6:50am On Jun 03, 2016
I can bet it with you .. You never read it before you rush to comment

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Freedom To Anger- A Short Story by psalmz(m): 6:53am On Jun 03, 2016
Powers froom her father's house has finished her
Re: How I Lost My Freedom To Anger- A Short Story by olahero(m): 6:54am On Jun 03, 2016
See as e be now? Scared of this type of lady ooo
Re: How I Lost My Freedom To Anger- A Short Story by nicemajor(m): 6:57am On Jun 03, 2016
head smashing wife wow. That's too bad!
Re: How I Lost My Freedom To Anger- A Short Story by Juliestosin: 7:00am On Jun 03, 2016
Some people can be very annoying, and everyone has the right to get angry and display their anger. Jesus got angry in the Bible when He turned everything upside down on seeing people selling in the temple. If you can't control your anger, just make sure you limit the action you take and always avoid taking up dangerous objects.

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Freedom To Anger- A Short Story by smudge2079(m): 7:00am On Jun 03, 2016
Black widow grin
Re: How I Lost My Freedom To Anger- A Short Story by CaptainBomb(m): 7:02am On Jun 03, 2016
Am sorry
Re: How I Lost My Freedom To Anger- A Short Story by Nukilia: 7:02am On Jun 03, 2016
No woman no cry grin grin
Re: How I Lost My Freedom To Anger- A Short Story by PissedOffWeed(m): 7:05am On Jun 03, 2016
Ultimate head smasher
Re: How I Lost My Freedom To Anger- A Short Story by kingphilip(m): 7:08am On Jun 03, 2016
Everybody is prone to anger but the way we handle ourselves during that period is what differentiates us from another..

Acting rashly during that period may cause us regrets for the rest of our lives while maintaining our cool might even though we won't get to see the importance immediately, help us from had I known

Click like if you feel rash decisions during anger gets us regrets

4 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Freedom To Anger- A Short Story by SmileXtraone: 7:09am On Jun 03, 2016
Spreads mat here

If you reside in Benin City, this is the best time to get on the SMILE 4G LTE Network. Come on board Now while this promo lasts

1. Atel Kit with 20GB @ N9,800 (5GB anytime + 15GB MidNite over 3 months) : 15GB MidNite = Get 5GB bonus monthly when you recharge 5GB anytime bundle monthly.

2. Smifi kit with 70GB @ N16,800 (10GB anytime + 60GB MidNite over 3 months) : 60GB MidNite = Get 20GB bonus monthly when you recharge 5GB anytime bundle monthly.

3. Router offer with 160GB @ N25,800 (10GB anytime + 150GB MidNite over 3 months) : 150GB MidNite = Get 50GB bonus monthly when you recharge 10GB anytime bundle monthly.

Re: How I Lost My Freedom To Anger- A Short Story by patchsk(f): 7:11am On Jun 03, 2016
Vacuous story.

Lacks flavour.

Poor writer.
Re: How I Lost My Freedom To Anger- A Short Story by MuyiRano(m): 7:13am On Jun 03, 2016
Nice write up. I've learnt to be more calm(ER) than before after the Orubebe and Jega saga last year. Been able to control your anger makes someone different
Re: How I Lost My Freedom To Anger- A Short Story by Bgorgeous: 7:14am On Jun 03, 2016
Anger is a small god that has to be put down always

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Freedom To Anger- A Short Story by sEGXY2(m): 7:16am On Jun 03, 2016
patchsk:
Vacuous story.

Lacks flavour.

Poor writer.

Write your own make we see naw

Ode Oshi

4 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Freedom To Anger- A Short Story by plucky16(m): 7:27am On Jun 03, 2016
I think everyone must learn to control their anger..... When u have mastered your ability to control anger, u have less regrets in life. Being able to control ur anger makes u strong, I know this because ppl can be so annoying, I don't really let it get to me I often smile it away.

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Freedom To Anger- A Short Story by laikas: 7:33am On Jun 03, 2016
hmmmmmmm, wot can i say. #pending#
Re: How I Lost My Freedom To Anger- A Short Story by encryptjay(m): 7:56am On Jun 03, 2016
Anger is like a wild animal that needs to be tamed.
It's like a consuming fire; it changes someone's personality for that short period and it can decide a lot of things like what happened to the lady in this story.
We ought to control it/tame it and not allow it get the better of us.

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Freedom To Anger- A Short Story by SweetieConstie(f): 7:57am On Jun 03, 2016
Hmmm... Great story!

Teaches us about the evil consequences of extreme anger!

Thumbs up OP...@ Divepen1
smiley

2 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Freedom To Anger- A Short Story by check4lawrence: 8:04am On Jun 03, 2016
another nice story from you akinjide believe me, u re going places. just keep on making it better dear. Master Wale

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Freedom To Anger- A Short Story by Nobody: 8:16am On Jun 03, 2016
patchsk:
Vacuous story.

Lacks flavour.

Poor writer.
Vacuous comment.

Lack sense.

Discourteous commentator.

3 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Freedom To Anger- A Short Story by saxwizard(m): 8:45am On Jun 03, 2016
is dat the end ? undecided
Re: How I Lost My Freedom To Anger- A Short Story by Prdo: 8:46am On Jun 03, 2016
This is a very good piece, even though i may not know how to correctly judge being a scientist. Take home/moral lesson: Before you start committing your heart to a serious relationship with the opposite sex, ask question "what is this all about?".
Re: How I Lost My Freedom To Anger- A Short Story by adedam007(m): 8:52am On Jun 03, 2016
Following
Re: How I Lost My Freedom To Anger- A Short Story by Hillzy(m): 9:25am On Jun 03, 2016
This story of ur's lack some finishing touch, pm me I can help u wit dat

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My Freedom To Anger- A Short Story by mysteryman2014: 9:40am On Jun 03, 2016
patchsk:
Vacuous story.

Lacks flavour.

Poor writer.

Chill nau.

Na short story.
Re: How I Lost My Freedom To Anger- A Short Story by Tolulopefinest(m): 9:50am On Jun 03, 2016
Nice piece.... Learnt something

(1) (2) (Reply)

Evergreen Memories / Debt From Home. ( a killer's instinct) / Price Of Virginity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.