Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:39 AM

Understanding The Scrapping Of Post Utme - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Understanding The Scrapping Of Post Utme (48077 Views)

FEC Approves The Scrapping Of HND Certificate / ASUU Rejects FG's Scrapping Of Post-UTME (See Why) / ASUU kicks against FG’s scrapping of Post-UTME (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Understanding The Scrapping Of Post Utme by NigerianScholar: 5:15pm On Jun 03, 2016
ZORO47:
Is it not in this Same 2016 that jamb conducted the worst exam ever. Many even voted for jamb to be scrapped and putme to be the new standard for admission. Putme has its flaws but not as terrible as the jamb we all experienced this year. If jamb is to be used as a means of abating corruption in the education sector, then jamb has to be perfected and made to have much more valid examinatuin results before it is considered for use in adnission. For now, jamb is still flawed, that's why most universities insist on conducting their own exams before admission.

And why would they still give universities the libertty to conduct their own putme if they will? The rule is pointless if institutions are not compelled to follow the rule. These ministers know how to make pointless laws sha undecided. As far as am concerned, they've not said anything new
. They had a problem. And it would be adressed
Re: Understanding The Scrapping Of Post Utme by NigerianScholar: 5:17pm On Jun 03, 2016
dapsondou:
JAMB should be scrapped. Scrapping post UTME is not the solution. JAMB is not a trusted body.
If each school can organise their own exams on their own and a candidate can apply for as many schools as he/she wants it would be better. He/she will gain admission to one of them.

And to the op. Your excuse of travelling to write an exam, didn't the candidate know where he/she picked in the first place?

Travelling twice is a problem. Why would you travel to write your utme. And travel again for post utme. What is the difference
Re: Understanding The Scrapping Of Post Utme by NigerianScholar: 5:18pm On Jun 03, 2016
bettercreature:
Exactly!
If they scrap jamb, no one will apply for poly and colleges of education again.

2 Likes

Re: Understanding The Scrapping Of Post Utme by omoikea(m): 5:19pm On Jun 03, 2016
this will only give room for more corruption

poor people and people without connections wont be able to get admission...this is uncalled for and not good at all
Re: Understanding The Scrapping Of Post Utme by NigerianScholar: 5:19pm On Jun 03, 2016
Why should candidates be made to write another written exam......I do not see the point
jayceeabdulwasiu:
It will not be an understatement to say our education policy makers in Nigeria doesn't have what it takes to pilot and guide the advancement of our education institutions. Scrapping of Post Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) is an old path to educational advancement in our country. Our policy makers should wake from their slumber and think out of the box. So far each university has autonomy for development and growth, they should be independent in setting there standards like other institutions all over the world. JAMB should not have business with conduct of examinations rather there statutory act should be reduced/amended to regulatory and quality assurance of our institutions only. Each institutions should be legally strengthen to set procedures in admitting prospective students to its university community. Each learning institutions should be allowed to develop and compete at different sustainable paces.
Re: Understanding The Scrapping Of Post Utme by IamLukas(m): 5:20pm On Jun 03, 2016
Lol,U sound pained.
I wrote UniBen's last post utme and I had 71 so dnt be so uptightcry
Ur rantings here on NL won't change anything.
FuckTheM0ds:
will you shut up. Is it because idiotic jamb favoured you with 287 thats why youre typing gibberish here.
Listen up retar'd. Post utme hasn't been scrapped. The FG minister was just assuming.
I know youre afraid of Uniben's post utme exams. Then shall it be verified of the credibility of that your utme score
Re: Understanding The Scrapping Of Post Utme by NigerianScholar: 5:21pm On Jun 03, 2016
xender:
how do you mean reshuffle? Howwilll you carry me to a university I don't want and a course I never wanted .
That is just compensation. Its not by force to do it. You just have to wait till another year
Re: Understanding The Scrapping Of Post Utme by NigerianScholar: 5:22pm On Jun 03, 2016
xender:
how do you mean reshuffle? Howwilll you carry me to a university I don't want and a course I never wanted .
That is just compensation. Its not by force to do it. You just have to wait till another year. Because there'd be no more available slots for you
Re: Understanding The Scrapping Of Post Utme by NigerianScholar: 5:23pm On Jun 03, 2016
Omagzee:

will this development affect those who have direct entry in mind?
Just no post utme. Thats all?
Re: Understanding The Scrapping Of Post Utme by NigerianScholar: 5:25pm On Jun 03, 2016
Habeebsalisu1:
The competition wil b high in universities o putme really helps to reduce the number of applicant for a course

P utme. Is a waste of money. Jamb will scatter everybody. To fill up free slots in other universities. This will ensure thar the maximum number of people will gain admission

1 Like

Re: Understanding The Scrapping Of Post Utme by NigerianScholar: 5:26pm On Jun 03, 2016
flokii:
It's going to be survival of the fittest..

Once you score below 250, just forget some skols.. So you can imagine those that will score 190 (above 180 cut-off)

I dnt think this is d solution.. So many flaws in d system
They will move people that got below the cut off or from over- filled universities to those that still have space
Re: Understanding The Scrapping Of Post Utme by NigerianScholar: 5:29pm On Jun 03, 2016
kevoh:
JAMB should focus more in achieving 100% score in their CBTs. This year's performance was woeful affecting a large percentage of candidates negatively. Meanwhile, they can scrap P-UTME if they like, the Universities will simply give the entrance exam a rebranded name and it will back to business as usual.
Jamb said. No written exam after utme
Re: Understanding The Scrapping Of Post Utme by NigerianScholar: 5:31pm On Jun 03, 2016
Harrisonwo:
JAMB should not be scrapped totally. Let's leave the institutions to conduct the entrance exam themselves.
Jamb should be used as it is now, just that the exam should be set and written in the various institutions. Jamb should just forward the names of those who applied for the school to the skul itself. The various skuls should cme together, set a price for their entrance exams, jamb provide a means for the students to register then they send the list to the skul.
This way, those special centre or chokes gotten a day/on the exam day will be eliminated. Those who didn't perform well in the exam will only have themselves to blame. There wnt be exploitation from desperate candidates eg a student will be running to many institutions to write exam thereby wasting money. The two institutions choice should be reintroduced and then we can get the best brains and nt those who score 250+ in jamb and can't make 180 in pume
You are making sense
Re: Understanding The Scrapping Of Post Utme by mikolo80: 6:12pm On Jun 03, 2016
chai there is fire on the mountain.as long as ppl believe BSc is the only way to better life,money,power and respect.scarcity of education facilities will bring about black makerteering of education opportunities.we need more effective edutation(fish farming that can sustain our youth instead of degrees that we don't have job for) and more distance learning to increase delivery capacity so that ui oau and unilag can take as many students as possible online
Re: Understanding The Scrapping Of Post Utme by FuckTheM0ds(m): 6:16pm On Jun 03, 2016
IamLukas:
Lol,U sound pained.
I wrote UniBen's last post utme and I had 71 so dnt be so uptightcry
Ur rantings here on NL won't change anything.
gerrout e-diot. Silly ass. And don't you dare mention me again.
Dunderhead
Re: Understanding The Scrapping Of Post Utme by ZORO47(m): 6:17pm On Jun 03, 2016
NigerianScholar:
. They had a problem. And it would be adressed
let the problem be addressed and the program run again for a time and be proved to be more succesful before declaring jamb as the only standard for gaining admission. Abi does it not seem somehow to you to base admissions on a program that is currently terribly flawed ?

1 Like

Re: Understanding The Scrapping Of Post Utme by mubitechnology: 6:21pm On Jun 03, 2016
wait for ASUU response guys
Re: Understanding The Scrapping Of Post Utme by Tonymic4life(m): 6:22pm On Jun 03, 2016
NigerianScholar:

P utme. Is a waste of money. Jamb will scatter everybody. To fill up free slots in other universities. This will ensure thar the maximum number of people will gain admission
u r not serious sir. May ur close relatives be given admission in yobe, zamfara, or borno. Say amen if e sure 4 u. Nonsense. Is it to gain admission dat is d issue, or to study ur preferred course in ur preferred school.
Re: Understanding The Scrapping Of Post Utme by adeboolusegun(m): 6:39pm On Jun 03, 2016
This situation is called policy discontinuity. Nigerian governments are full of changing policies like destructive interference...Let me tell u something, if putme is scrapped then opportunities opens for those who can afford special centre for jamb. It is highly sardonic that our government has to change things like chameleon without considering it adverse effect on the economy as a whole. I don't know of any other school but for OAU, I don't think this will work because putme is the only way forward to pick the best out of the multitude of applicants. There are other ways to this;
1. Make it mandatory for all universities to have their form sold not more than 1,000 naira.
2. Since all putme is now online, all universities should deploy technology that could help access examination anywhere u are.
3. All universities in Nigeria should set their questions within Nigeria curriculum.

4. Finally jamb should give admission to the students not the university responsibility.

PUTME has significant impact in measure students capacity and excellence even he/she had been admitted. Else this new policy will in no time enters the region of a bemudal triangle.
Re: Understanding The Scrapping Of Post Utme by incrediboooh(m): 6:39pm On Jun 03, 2016
:-Xwah do yhu xpect....afta making an aboki d minister of education...wah does he know!!...hin do utme 4 hin tymundecided
Re: Understanding The Scrapping Of Post Utme by IFAC(m): 6:40pm On Jun 03, 2016
let's understand something here!

if really they said postutme have been scrapped,

why make mention that institution may choose to conduct screening for their candidates??

what basis will admission be granted?

Are true is it that student will obtain their chosen course of study ?
Re: Understanding The Scrapping Of Post Utme by incrediboooh(m): 6:41pm On Jun 03, 2016
grin lawmakers wif fish brains
Re: Understanding The Scrapping Of Post Utme by jayceeabdulwasiu(m): 6:42pm On Jun 03, 2016
NigerianScholar:
Why should candidates be made to write another written exam......I do not see the point
Firstly, I like your aspiring moniker.
Secondly, I will like you to comprehend my assertions because I never narrow it to written examinations. Prospective students aspiring to study in any universities doesn't really have to engage in written examinations rather it will require physical fitness to qualify for some disciplines like (physical and health Education).
Education universities should have the liberty in setting it's prerequisites/requirements and standards for prospective students.
I have done researches and evaluated programmes which makes me to advocates for new dimensions in our education sector.
Re: Understanding The Scrapping Of Post Utme by NigerianScholar: 6:46pm On Jun 03, 2016
ZORO47:
let the problem be addressed and the program run again for a time and be proved to be more succesful before declaring jamb as the only standard for gaining admission. Abi does it not seem somehow to you to base admissions on a program that is currently terribly flawed ?
This is still going to benefit the candidates. As more students would get admitted. Because, they will fill up empty spots in available universities
Re: Understanding The Scrapping Of Post Utme by ibolomo(m): 6:47pm On Jun 03, 2016
NigerianScholar:

Read my post well, I said they would reshuffle the candidates. Check the pic below
JAMB has always reshuffled students. 4 years ago, my brother gained admission to an unknown uni. i think the college was in ile ife. he declined. that same year, he gained admission into FUTMINNA for his course of choice.
Re: Understanding The Scrapping Of Post Utme by IamLukas(m): 6:47pm On Jun 03, 2016
Lol!!!
E pain am.
Loser like U,ode.
FuckTheM0ds:
gerrout e-diot. Silly ass. And don't you dare mention me again.
Dunderhead
Re: Understanding The Scrapping Of Post Utme by NigerianScholar: 6:49pm On Jun 03, 2016
Tonymic4life:
u r not serious sir. May ur close relatives be given admission in yobe, zamfara, or borno. Say amen if e sure 4 u. Nonsense. Is it to gain admission dat is d issue, or to study ur preferred course in ur preferred school.
Jamb Is no forcing you to apply for any institution. They reshuffle those that didnt make the cut off or that have no space in the university (due to the limited capacity) to other universities. It is a matter of "take it or leave it!!!"
Re: Understanding The Scrapping Of Post Utme by DrayZee: 6:50pm On Jun 03, 2016
Debaddest:
As far as am concerned, scrapping of jamb is the best decision APC has taken since 29may 2015
They didn't scrap Jamb.
Re: Understanding The Scrapping Of Post Utme by NigerianScholar: 6:54pm On Jun 03, 2016
jayceeabdulwasiu:

Firstly, I like your aspiring moniker.
Secondly, I will like you to comprehend my assertions because I never narrow it to written examinations. Prospective students aspiring to study in any universities doesn't really have to engage in written examinations rather it will require physical fitness to qualify for some disciplines like (physical and health Education).
Education universities should have the liberty in setting it's prerequisites/requirements and standards for prospective students.
I have done researches and evaluate programmes which makes me to advocates for new dimensions in our education sector.
Thanks for the compliment....but at this stage. Nigeria isnt ready for all that. It is a shame as some professors are not proficient In English. Some aspiring students communicate better than most university staff. It just wouldnt work....for now

And I absolutely love the idea of using physical fitness nd other practical avenues to select qualified candidates
Re: Understanding The Scrapping Of Post Utme by NigerianScholar: 6:56pm On Jun 03, 2016
ibolomo:

JAMB has always reshuffled students. 4 years ago, my brother gained admission to an unknown uni. i think the college was in ile ife. he declined. that same year, he gained admission into FUTMINNA for his course of choice.
You might be right, but It would be done on a much larger scale
Re: Understanding The Scrapping Of Post Utme by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 6:56pm On Jun 03, 2016
NigerianScholar:

Read my post well, I said they would reshuffle the candidates. Check the pic below
U Mean If I Can't Get Admission To My University Of Choice, Jamb Will Send Me To Another University For My Course?
Re: Understanding The Scrapping Of Post Utme by DrayZee: 7:07pm On Jun 03, 2016
NigerianScholar:
That is why jamb said. Present your problems to us....we will adress them. Most complaints about jamb were from lazy students. Its nt like these things dont happen in p utme
"most" you say, not all. What about those who were genuinely affected negatively?
From what happened this year, Jamb is not a trustworthy body. UTME should've been scrapped instead.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

25% Requirement: Solve This Mathematics Word Problem / University Of Uyo Cult War: Security Man Injured (Graphic Photos) / DMGS: The Oldest Secondary School In Igboland (Then And Now Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.