Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,135 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:52 AM

Omisore Threatens To Sue EFCC For Libel For Declaring Him Wanted - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Omisore Threatens To Sue EFCC For Libel For Declaring Him Wanted (7658 Views)

Eid-El-Maulud: Aisha Yesufu Slams FG For Declaring Public Holiday / Obanikoro, Family Sue EFCC For N100m / Ibrahim Shema Blasts EFCC For Declaring Him Wanted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Omisore Threatens To Sue EFCC For Libel For Declaring Him Wanted by alade112(m): 2:58am On Jun 03, 2016
Iyiola Omisore, former deputy governor of Osun state, dared the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) by appearing on Politics Today, a programme on Channels Television, on Thursday.

The anti-graft agency declared Omisore wanted last week, saying the politician has refused to honour its invitation to make clarification over the N700 million he allegedly collected from the office of Sambo Dasuki, former national security adviser, between June and November, 2014.

The commission said it had obtained a warrant to arrest Omisore.

But Omisore denied the allegation of the EFCC, saying he has not been invited even for once. He had earlier accused the agency of being a tool for witch-hunting opponents of the federal government.

Omisore also challenged the commission to present any evidence it has against him in the court.

When he appeared on Channels, the 2014 gubernatorial aspirant in Osun looked unperturbed.

The former senator analysed the ongoing crisis in the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), accusing Ali Modu Sheriff, ousted chairman of the PDP, of causing confusion.

He said Sheriff had turned to a suspect, adding that there is every indication that he had become an instrument in the hands of the parties’ enemies.

He also expressed optimism that the internal wrangling in the opposition party will soon be over.

On his case with the EFCC, Omisore said: “It is rather unfortunate that the EFCC can declare me wanted after we met in court 9am that same day.

“EFCC came to court to ask for time to reply my summons. There was no time that I refused to honour EFCC. The point is that a company that I guaranteed worked for the office of the former NSA (Sambo Dasuki), were paid, they even sued NSA for part of their payment, so I don’t have anything to do with that.

“I just saw on their website that they had declared me wanted and I was surprised and highly embarrassed. I am not aware of what they are talking about. I didn’t take a kobo from NSA.

“They did not even invite me. The offence EFCC committed is the gravest in the world. I am going sue them for libel.

“I have given them seven days notice which expired today, and by tomorrow, I am suing them for libel. They embarrassed me all over the world. All my clients, including World Bank and the African Development Bank (AFDB) are worried. I never had anything to do with the office of the NSA. Never in my lifetime.”

https://www.thecable.ng/omisore-dares-efcc-appears-live-tv

1 Like

Re: Omisore Threatens To Sue EFCC For Libel For Declaring Him Wanted by ORACLE1975(m): 3:18am On Jun 03, 2016
Next
Re: Omisore Threatens To Sue EFCC For Libel For Declaring Him Wanted by bizz(m): 3:20am On Jun 03, 2016
k
Re: Omisore Threatens To Sue EFCC For Libel For Declaring Him Wanted by tundelis(m): 3:52am On Jun 03, 2016
bizz:
k
K for kerosene grin

5 Likes

Re: Omisore Threatens To Sue EFCC For Libel For Declaring Him Wanted by Jirate(m): 5:07am On Jun 03, 2016
EFCC Should not and Must not be Used in Witch Hunting Political Opponents. True or False….., Like Or Share. cool cool cool

10 Likes

Re: Omisore Threatens To Sue EFCC For Libel For Declaring Him Wanted by shadelek(m): 8:01am On Jun 03, 2016
Thought he also shared out of the national cake cut by Gej. What goes around must surely come around

1 Like

Re: Omisore Threatens To Sue EFCC For Libel For Declaring Him Wanted by spartanobad(m): 8:01am On Jun 03, 2016
This country haff tire me jawre
next news biko

5 Likes

Re: Omisore Threatens To Sue EFCC For Libel For Declaring Him Wanted by oluyale(m): 8:01am On Jun 03, 2016
Soooo undecided
Re: Omisore Threatens To Sue EFCC For Libel For Declaring Him Wanted by Pheals(f): 8:03am On Jun 03, 2016
U don't collect kobo but u collect naira abi welldon

2 Likes

Re: Omisore Threatens To Sue EFCC For Libel For Declaring Him Wanted by JustHere2Observ(f): 8:04am On Jun 03, 2016
Chief that is not the gravest crime in the world, raping a 4 year old is. If you are not guilty, answer the clarion call. Stop making noise

1 Like

Re: Omisore Threatens To Sue EFCC For Libel For Declaring Him Wanted by saint047(m): 8:04am On Jun 03, 2016
About this time last year,

GMB said "I will lead from the front"

APC Neighbours danced and hailed him.

Today, he is leading from Back

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Omisore Threatens To Sue EFCC For Libel For Declaring Him Wanted by vedaxcool(m): 8:05am On Jun 03, 2016
madman go and clarify to EFCc any sensible court will throw your frivolous case as your invitation is to clear yourself of wrong doing
Murderer of PDP
Re: Omisore Threatens To Sue EFCC For Libel For Declaring Him Wanted by SLIDEwaxie(m): 8:05am On Jun 03, 2016
Sue the authority for declaring u wanted?

Mtcheeeewww!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Omisore Threatens To Sue EFCC For Libel For Declaring Him Wanted by mrvitalis(m): 8:08am On Jun 03, 2016
That how they start, later they will start saying things like
.. ..... ... . If the money is the problem we will return it just let us go.... .. ..

U no see court sue
Who hold u
Re: Omisore Threatens To Sue EFCC For Libel For Declaring Him Wanted by toyfat: 8:09am On Jun 03, 2016
"Our son" Olisa, and Bros Dasuki made more noise than this when they were initially wanted...Today, our son is begging to return money. grin

7 Likes

Re: Omisore Threatens To Sue EFCC For Libel For Declaring Him Wanted by Nobody: 8:09am On Jun 03, 2016
The EFCC and DSS are the most biased LEAs in the world. . . Imagine how this man finished them on Live TV. . . Nonsense!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omisore Threatens To Sue EFCC For Libel For Declaring Him Wanted by davodyguy: 8:10am On Jun 03, 2016
Only in Nigeria we hear and see this nonsense.

You stole money, come and clear yourself, you refused.

I heard Godsday Orubebe saying he regrets serving Nigeria. This criminal was in charge of ND ministry. He stole money, did no clean up. Before regretting, he should first return all the monies he stole and all properties he acquired whilst in office.

Same way, Peter Odili got perceptual injunction not to be arrested, after stealing from Rivers State

2 Likes

Re: Omisore Threatens To Sue EFCC For Libel For Declaring Him Wanted by blazetitov: 8:11am On Jun 03, 2016
Simply go to EFCC's office. Its that simple. Story too much.
Re: Omisore Threatens To Sue EFCC For Libel For Declaring Him Wanted by Aroh48(m): 8:11am On Jun 03, 2016
Go sort yourself out
Re: Omisore Threatens To Sue EFCC For Libel For Declaring Him Wanted by kingphilip(m): 8:12am On Jun 03, 2016
Ok
Re: Omisore Threatens To Sue EFCC For Libel For Declaring Him Wanted by davodyguy: 8:12am On Jun 03, 2016
vedaxcool:
madman go and clarify to EFCc any sensible court will throw your frivolous case as your invitation is to clear yourself of wrong doing
Murderer of PDP

Bull shitz happens only in Nigeria
Re: Omisore Threatens To Sue EFCC For Libel For Declaring Him Wanted by ChappyChase: 8:12am On Jun 03, 2016
Strange things dey happen for this we country oo,
Re: Omisore Threatens To Sue EFCC For Libel For Declaring Him Wanted by kinibigdeal(m): 8:13am On Jun 03, 2016
What Nigerians want to hear nowadays is what PMB have for them. All this distraction should be over by now
Re: Omisore Threatens To Sue EFCC For Libel For Declaring Him Wanted by ybalogs(m): 8:13am On Jun 03, 2016
Agba to lomi ninu ki pariwo, Agba ofifo lo n jambla-wise quote from Pasuma
Re: Omisore Threatens To Sue EFCC For Libel For Declaring Him Wanted by princeade86(m): 8:13am On Jun 03, 2016
JustHere2Observ:
Chief that is not the gravest crime in the world, raping a 4 year old is. If you are not guilty, answer the clarion call. Stop making noise
so ur hateness make u not to read very well or u dont knw how to read to understand. he said they never invited him for once and that they even met at court room by 9am and nobody talked about is warrant of arrest.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omisore Threatens To Sue EFCC For Libel For Declaring Him Wanted by Emmaoga: 8:14am On Jun 03, 2016
MY HUMBLE ADVICE TO YOU IS THAT IF YOU LIKE YOUR FREEDOM, PLS DONT HUMBLE THEIR INVITATION UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE JAILED.

AS FOR THOSE THAT LOOTED THE MONEY MEANT FOR THE MASSES..........

......SATAN DON PROMISE ALL OF UNA 4 BEDROOM FLAT APARTMENT FOR HELL FIRE EXCEPT DANSUKI WEY GO DEY ROOMLESS COZ THAT FIRE NEED TO TEAR HIM APART AND HE WILL BE PRAYING FOR DEATH TO COME BUT DEATH WILL BE ON HONEYMOON .
Re: Omisore Threatens To Sue EFCC For Libel For Declaring Him Wanted by HtwoOw: 8:16am On Jun 03, 2016
Sooon

He'll be begging
Re: Omisore Threatens To Sue EFCC For Libel For Declaring Him Wanted by princeade86(m): 8:17am On Jun 03, 2016
if his truly wanted, he wont dare come on live program on channels tv.

1 Like

Re: Omisore Threatens To Sue EFCC For Libel For Declaring Him Wanted by richidinho(m): 8:17am On Jun 03, 2016
JustHere2Observ:

Mttcheew....what stops EFCC frm waiting outside after the programme they pick him up, then we ll know he has a case

4 Likes

Re: Omisore Threatens To Sue EFCC For Libel For Declaring Him Wanted by JustHere2Observ(f): 8:26am On Jun 03, 2016
princeade86:
so ur hateness make u not to read very well or u dont knw how to read to understand. he said they never invited him for once and that they even met at court room by 9am and nobody talked about is warrant of arrest.

Relax, I did not know he is your uncle. Besides that does not give you the right to question my literary abilities, mind you I read it and I did not say he is guilty. Understand the context of what I wrote.

NB there is no such word as hateness.. Use spite instead.

1 Like

Re: Omisore Threatens To Sue EFCC For Libel For Declaring Him Wanted by mostyg(m): 8:30am On Jun 03, 2016
Sue me I sue you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Marketers Sell Kerosene, Black Oil Mixture As Diesel / Security Chiefs, Governors Siphon N241bn Annually -Transparency International / Jimoh Ibrahim: I'll Pay Today! (Oceanic Bank Loan)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.