Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,337 members, 7,808,188 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:19 AM

. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (8671 Views)

Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? / 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria-opinion / 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:30am On Jun 04, 2016
forgiveness:

True talk. But Wike should try to complete that monorail because it is good for the people and Ameachi.

You should have left out the Amaechi in that sentence
Those bigots will cringe hearing anything good from Amaechi.

2 Likes

Re: . by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:33am On Jun 04, 2016
forgiveness:

True talk. But Wike should try to complete that monorail because it is good for the people and Ameachi.

“Governor Wike said that he will not touch Amaechi’s monorail and that the entire state has told him not to continue with the project. Can someone please tell Wike that the monorail belongs to Rivers State and it’s not Amaechi’s private monorail”, Hon. Amaechi stated.
Re: . by forgiveness: 1:36am On Jun 04, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

You should have left out the Amaechi in that sentence
Those bigots will cringe hearing anything good from Amaechi.

grin I actually forgot to add 'not' before Ameachi. Na dem sabi.

1 Like

Re: . by forgiveness: 1:37am On Jun 04, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

“Governor Wike said that he will not touch Amaechi’s monorail and that the entire state has told him not to continue with the project. Can someone please tell Wike that the monorail belongs to Rivers State and it’s not Amaechi’s private monorail”, Hon. Amaechi stated.

I see! Africa man mentality.

1 Like

Re: . by SamMilla1(m): 4:00am On Jun 04, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

HE REMOVED OUR BROTHER AND PUT AN HAUSA MAN.

That was the crime Hon. Amaechi committed. Very few care that he is the best Governor to ever rule Rivers State and GEJ was running the nation into the ground.

He construted over a hundred roads, many with underground drainages. He built bridges and Fly overs.

He developed a large fishing farm for Rivers State. A large banana plantation, a large poultry and a WHO standard syringe factor. He was an amazing governor.

Sorry but if GEJ was running the country into ground, Where exactly is Buhari running it into now?
Just an honest question.

1 Like

Re: . by Walphem(m): 5:00am On Jun 04, 2016
This thread will generate lot of uproar in a short while, but I wish we can objectively analyze things and ask the critical question of what Bayeksa and Delta has been using the money for(objectively) without any prejudice or biased mind. And if this picture shown is just a section of the state, also people should remember as developed as Lagos is, there are still slums in it.
Re: . by 989900: 5:16am On Jun 04, 2016
Walphem:
This thread will generate lot of uproar in a short while, but I wish we can objectively analyze things and ask the critical question of what Bayeksa and Delta has been using the money for(objectively) without any prejudice or biased mind. And if this picture shown is just a section of the state, also people should remember as developed as Lagos is, there are still slums in it.

I feel like weeping for the people of Bayelsa and Delta . . . how can a people be both sincerely, exclusively, exceptionally, and fantastically st00pid, and generously f00lish at the same time?

Ibori and Alams are still their hero, and the Otuoke man too.

1 Like

Re: . by forgiveness: 7:50am On Jun 04, 2016
Walphem:

Well, I opened this thread to counter the other thread "could this be the reason Niger Delta Avengers.....". That thread tinted the whole Niger Delta region as the poorest and most underdeveloped region despite generating wealth for the country and it created a lot of bad impression about the Nigerian government which we know are not true.

The uproar will only come from the unreasonable fellows who are bent on bringing down this government without any cogent reason.

2 Likes

Re: . by forgiveness: 8:08am On Jun 04, 2016
Slikbae:
you didn't even do justice to Rivers State. Let me help you with more piece.

Waow! Is this Portharcourt or any city in Rivers State?
Re: . by vedaxcool(m): 8:18am On Jun 04, 2016
l
lalasticala frontpage this thread rebukes the insane lies

1 Like

Re: . by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:54am On Jun 04, 2016
SamMilla1:

Sorry but if GEJ was running the country into ground, Where exactly is Buhari running it into now?
Just an honest question.

President Buhari is trying to raise a country run to the ground by the greed and wickedness of GEJ.
Re: . by forgiveness: 9:21am On Jun 04, 2016
@Lalasticalcal tongue wink

Akwa Ibom

Re: . by forgiveness: 9:47am On Jun 04, 2016
@Mynd44 I just dey greet. grin
Re: . by Legitbaba(m): 9:48am On Jun 04, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

U probably didn't take notice of some of the revelations concerning that monorail....do u know how much has been spent on that rail....do u know Ameachi was adviced to discontinue d project at a ground level b cos it was of no economic value to the state?? ...don't put politics to everything u do...it has helped nobody...and certainly wouldn't help you....Ameachi is a great man any day any time.....he did well for his people b4 politics came over him...I'll like wike to continue the project....but he even made it clear before he was elected..that he won't continue with it...b.cos it won't add any economic value to d average rivers man.....BTW. He continued with almost every other project that was left by Ameachi...if not for few that he hasn't said anything about.....

1 Like

Re: . by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:10am On Jun 04, 2016
Legitbaba:

U probably didn't take notice of some of the revelations concerning that monorail....do u know how much has been spent on that rail....do u know Ameachi was adviced to discontinue d project at a ground level b cos it was of no economic value to the state?? ...don't put politics to everything u do...it has helped nobody...and certainly wouldn't help you....Ameachi is a great man any day any time.....he did well for his people b4 politics came over him...I'll like wike to continue the project....but he even made it clear before he was elected..that he won't continue with it...b.cos it won't add any economic value to d average rivers man.....BTW. He continued with almost every other project that was left by Ameachi...if not for few that he hasn't said anything about.....

One of the reasons Wike sacked the outgoing Commissioner of Works was because he continued most of Amaechi’s projects in the state.

It was not a delight to Wike.

Actually, the Monorail would add commercial value to Port-Harcourt and the State.
Re: . by Legitbaba(m): 10:18am On Jun 04, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

One of the reasons Wike sacked the outgoing Commissioner of Works was because he continued most of Amaechi’s projects in the state.

It was not a delight to Wike.

Actually, the Monorail would add commercial value to Port-Harcourt and the State.
What commercial value are u talking about?? Do u even know the distance covered by the rail.?? Commercial value in the sense of tourism??...again I'll asked do u know how much money that was pump into that project....I know u have a soft spot for Ameachi (which u have the right to) let's say the truth....

And again...for the commissioner of works....Wike stated the reasons why he was relieved of his duties...and I did not hear him mention anything concerning Ameachi project...
Re: . by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:23am On Jun 04, 2016
Legitbaba:

What commercial value are u talking about?? Do u even know the distance covered by the rail.?? Commercial value in the sense of tourism??...again I'll asked do u know how much money that was pump into that project....I know u have a soft spot for Ameachi (which u have the right to) let's say the truth....

And again...for the commissioner of works....Wike stated the reasons why he was relieved of his duties...and I did not hear him mention anything concerning Ameachi project...

When you guys want to make your point, you attack the person. Leave how I feel about Hon. Amaechi.

The distance so far is just the first phase of the project. The so called billions screamed about is not only for the first phase. It was to cover a long distance and it would have eased urban mass transit on the road. It would also generate revenue internally for the state daily.
Re: . by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:29am On Jun 04, 2016
Legitbaba:

Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike has sworn-in in a new Commissioner for Works, Harrison Bethel Iheanyichukwu with a charge that the new commissioner must work hard to deliver on THE NEW RIVERS PROJECTS.

https://www.nairaland.com/3096584/gov-wike-replaces-works-commissioner#45484157
Re: . by persius555(m): 10:32am On Jun 04, 2016
989900:

I feel like weeping for the people of Bayelsa and Delta . . . how can a people be both sincerely, exclusively, exceptionally, and fantastically st00pid, and generously f00lish at the same time?

Ibori and Alams are still their hero, and the Otuoke man too.

Seriously, i weep for DELTA AND BAYELSA STATE. I pity the generations yet unborn, because they will ask questions "what did the governors and leaders do with their own share of oil wealth". So much looting going on and they can only divert their anger at other parts of the country.
These two states are in economic bondage and the so called NDA is using them as a cannon fodder.

2 Likes

Re: . by Legitbaba(m): 10:37am On Jun 04, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

When you guys want to make your point, you attack the person. Leave how I feel about Hon. Amaechi.

The distance so far is just the first phase of the project. The so called billions screamed about is not only for the first phase. It was to cover a long distance and it would have eased urban mass transit on the road. It would also generate revenue internally for the state daily.
How it would generate the revenue is why am asking.....i didn't attack u or Ameachi,i only said u should come clean without sentiments. Like I said before, I would have loved the rail to be completed because of the amount of money spent already and the beauty it would add to the covered area.

Lastly I ain't talking about the projected amount...am talking about how much has been spent already before it got to.this stage...

Ameachi has truly been the best governor of Rivers state, though we are urging Wike to even do more...
Re: . by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:44am On Jun 04, 2016
Legitbaba:

How it would generate the revenue is why am asking.....i didn't attack u or Ameachi,i only said u should come clean without sentiments. Like I said before, I would have loved the rail to be completed because of the amount of money spent already and the beauty it would add to the covered area.

Lastly I ain't talking about the projected amount...am talking about how much has been spent already before it got to.this stage...

Ameachi has truly been the best governor of Rivers state, though we are urging Wike to even do more...

Okay, I get your point. The Rivers people will not ride the monorail free and it is a project that will stand for years bringing in steady revenue to the state.

The Monorail easing Highway traffic congestion will also benefit the state.

I still see it as a project to benefit the state commercially.
Re: . by Legitbaba(m): 10:47am On Jun 04, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike has sworn-in in a new Commissioner for Works, Harrison Bethel Iheanyichukwu with a charge that the new commissioner must work hard to deliver on THE NEW RIVERS PROJECTS.

Please posting a link is not enough...go read the content and see what he saidabout the sacked commissioner
Re: . by Legitbaba(m): 10:51am On Jun 04, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

posting a link is not enough...just read the content and give me word for word what Wike said..
Re: . by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:53am On Jun 04, 2016
Legitbaba:

Please posting a link is not enough...go read the content and see what he saidabout the sacked commissioner

I read all that but both of us know that Wachuku achieved especially with making sure Amaechi’s projects were completed. Achieving a lot with the funds at his disposal. I did not buy that Wachuku is a lazy man talk.

Wike did not charge the new commissioner not to be lazy. He charged him for new projects. Meanwhile thy are a lot of projects close to completion that would benefit the Rivers People.

While embark on new ones when the Government can achieve more with less money. Wachuku had the right direction for the state.
Re: . by Legitbaba(m): 11:09am On Jun 04, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

I read all that but both of us know that Wachuku achieved especially with making sure Amaechi’s projects were completed. Achieving a lot with the funds at his disposal. I did not buy that Wachuku is a lazy man talk.

Wike did not charge the new commissioner not to be lazy. He charged him for new projects. Meanwhile thy are a lot of projects close to completion that would benefit the Rivers People.

While embark on new ones when the Government can achieve more with less money. Wachuku had the right direction for the state.
One reason I keep quiet and watch in this forum (and many other platforms) is the difficulty in convincing people who just believes in their opinion as the real deal...
You just assuming the reason behind the sack, when a cogent reason was given by the govt..you have refused to give the governor the benefit of doubt just because of your political sentiments....Wike made a recent statement that he was going to complete projects left by Ameachi b cause it's of the greater good of the people..most of the roads been completed and commissioned were Ameachi's project.... however he said he was going to discontinue the rail project even b4 d election....

BTW...I'm not one of those who are wowed by the Wike administration...not yet until four years...though he has quenched a reason percent of my doubt...
Re: . by Slikbae: 11:12am On Jun 04, 2016
It is "Eleme". It is fast becoming a city and it is home to so many oil servicing companies. its just few minutes away from P.H.
forgiveness:

Waow! Is this Portharcourt or any city in Rivers State?
Re: . by richidinho(m): 11:26am On Jun 04, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

HE REMOVED OUR BROTHER AND PUT AN HAUSA MAN.

That was the crime Hon. Amaechi committed. Very few care that he is the best Governor to ever rule Rivers State and GEJ was running the nation into the ground.

He construted over a hundred roads, many with underground drainages. He built bridges and Fly overs.

He developed a large fishing farm for Rivers State. A large banana plantation, a large poultry and a WHO standard syringe factor. He was an amazing governor.

He also conducted LGA election a week to the end of his tenure, 4bn spent

House of Assembly closed down for 2yrs

Judiciary closed down

University of science and technology closed

Hospital closed
Re: . by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:46am On Jun 04, 2016
Legitbaba:

One reason I keep quiet and watch in this forum (and many other platforms) is the difficulty in convincing people who just believes in their opinion as the real deal...
You just assuming the reason behind the sack, when a cogent reason was given by the govt..you have refused to give the governor the benefit of doubt just because of your political sentiments....Wike made a recent statement that he was going to complete projects left by Ameachi b cause it's of the greater good of the people..most of the roads been completed and commissioned were Ameachi's project.... however he said he was going to discontinue the rail project even b4 d election....

BTW...I'm not one of those who are wowed by the Wike administration...not yet until four years...though he has quenched a reason percent of my doubt...

If you go to the thread of the Wachuku sacked news that made front page, I made it clear that I do not buy Wike's excuse and I pointed out the new projects as the real reason.

I honestly do not buy the excuses. The news media played down the new projects as the reason. However, Nyesome Wike asked the new commissioner to work on the new projects. It is clear. That is what Wike wants from the Commissioner. Wike should have asked the New Commissioner to show Diligence in all projects. Not new projects.
Re: . by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:51am On Jun 04, 2016
Legitbaba:

The reason why I can point that link to you is because when I read through Wike's speech, I did not buy the excuse.

I had to dig through another source to find the new projects charge.

You might believe Wachuku was lazy and not serious. You believe Wike's report. As for me, he was a performing Commissioner and he knew the right steps to take. He gave Wike reasons to celebrate his 100 days in office. Most of the projects Wike showed were completed projects by Engr. Wachuku. Not projects under construction due to completing Amaechi projects.

So I did not buy the excuse for a sack because Engr. Wachuku was performing
Re: . by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 12:01pm On Jun 04, 2016
But you people used to say that the niger delta governors didn't do anything woth their allocations

1 Like

Re: . by forgiveness: 12:38pm On Jun 04, 2016
Slikbae:
It is "Eleme". It is fast becoming a city and it is home to so many oil servicing companies. its just few minutes away from P.H.

This has further buttressed my points that some Niger Delta governments are working while the others especially Bayelsa and Delta state governments are only sharing money to goat eaters.

Bayelsa indigenes prefer to share the money monthly among themselves than the government to provide basic infrastructures for them.

Maybe the yam is no longer reaching some people hence the sabotage.

Anyway, thanks for the pictures.
Re: . by forgiveness: 12:47pm On Jun 04, 2016
InyinyaAgbaOku:
But you people used to say that the niger delta governors didn't do anything woth their allocations

Of course, we know but at least some did something while the others did nothing.

That one is another story for another day.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

2017 Budget: Senate Receives Report, Fixes Thurday For Passage / Are Igbos Really 'Special Brothers' With The Delta Ethnicities? If So, How? / 2023: Fayemi Set To Declare On May 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.