Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,786 members, 7,806,178 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:32 PM

How Buhari Averted Disaster In Ogoni Land ~ By Mohnice - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Buhari Averted Disaster In Ogoni Land ~ By Mohnice (44312 Views)

Wike, Okorocha, Osinbajo, Amina In Ogoni For The Launch Of Clean-up / Photo Of People Hailing Okorocha In Ogoni / Buhari To Launch Ogoni Land Clean-up June 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Buhari Averted Disaster In Ogoni Land ~ By Mohnice by oglalasioux(m): 5:17pm On Jun 03, 2016
Mack3N:
And you expect the whole world to sit and watch abi?the greatest mistake Nigeria govt will make is to give the US and EU one reason,just one reason to fault it in genocide,then watch how support and arms will roll into the SS and SE,You forgot the SS and SE has a strong bargaining chip (oil),what will the north bargain with?...groundnut and cocoa? I laugh in Swahili....it's a war Nigeria can't win if it toes that path!

You are substituting reality for sentiment. Re examine the causes of the Nigerian civil war and ask yourself why USA and France withdrew their support for Biafra. It'll still be the reason they will support the north against the south.

(Northerners are easier to be yes men than the southerners. Who do you think institutionalized corruption in Africa?)
Re: How Buhari Averted Disaster In Ogoni Land ~ By Mohnice by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jun 03, 2016
Mack3N:
And you expect the whole world to sit and watch abi?the greatest mistake Nigeria govt will make is to give the US and EU one reason,just one reason to fault it in genocide,then watch how support and arms will roll into the SS and SE,You forgot the SS and SE has a strong bargaining chip (oil),what will the north bargain with?...groundnut and cocoa? I laugh in Swahili....it's a war Nigeria can't win if it toes that path!
Which ever way you see it, the OP made more sense cos Buhari's action just kept Nigeria in one piece as we wish.Against your intention .
Re: How Buhari Averted Disaster In Ogoni Land ~ By Mohnice by virginchaser(m): 5:25pm On Jun 03, 2016
MrCow:
what is this one saying now ehn

Na so them they wipe out a whole region or when Kennedy was assassinated na everybody them kill

Muritala was killed @Ibadan, what happened

well, ion pray for the death of my president but any which way nothing will happen

Poor student of history.
Re: How Buhari Averted Disaster In Ogoni Land ~ By Mohnice by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jun 03, 2016
irunooboo:
[b]A wise man would have cancelled the trip just like buhari did to avoid tension and war situation in the region. If buhari went to ogoni and his convoy was targeted, there will be reprisals from the security forces and that useless buffoon called fayose will be among the critics to call him a tyrant if innocent people died like the shiite incident in zaria. Those calling buhari a coward should realize that he just saved them from a possible crisis in their region and besides the president cancelled lagos and senegal trips where there was no threat from any group. What he did is in the interest of the innocent residents. Nigerian government will level the Niger delta if they are pushed to the wall. Forget the oil installations bullshits, air raids will cripple the economy accepted but the government will resort to loans from foreign bodies to sustain it's economy hereby putting millions in further debts and poverty. Fayose is a bastard yoruba man mixed with igbo blood for criticizing buhari on this decision. His mother needs to be questioned [/b]

You just speak as if the niger delta is somebody's backyard that you can just bomb and level. You obviously know very little about war, finances and economy. Please I'd advise you to read about the civil wars that have been fought in Africa. You think anybody will give loans to a country involved in a civil war that would likely end it's existence? For what it's worth, it is the niger delta that will have the resources to prosecute the war, exchange oil for arms just like ISIS is doing in Syria. Bokoharam has already exposed The inadequacy of Nigeria's military. Why have the military not leveled sambisa forest? When you remove soldiers of Southern extraction, what will be left? Lives will be lost, but it would eventually end this union called Nigeria. The niger delta will start afresh with its oil just like south sudan. Where will the north start from? because I'm very sure the south west will go their own way. If the war you are clamoring for happens, trust me, it is not the niger delta that would suffer the greater loss.
Re: How Buhari Averted Disaster In Ogoni Land ~ By Mohnice by Ezegozie(m): 5:32pm On Jun 03, 2016
mohince:
If Buhari visits Ogoniland today and an attempt is made on his life, two things are bound to happen and both leads to only one end. One is to take him out using snipers or whatever and then what? The army will wipe the entire Southeast and South South off the surface of the earth. The army, Air force, Navy and all other security forces will be given a 'shoot at sight order' to keep shelling the entire region until nothing moves again, yes, nothing. The other is to make an attempt on his life and he escapes the assassination plot; either ways, the security agents will still kill everyone and everything. So, who wins?
No matter how it plays out, the northerners will immediately commence ethnic Cleansing against the Millions of southerners in the North and the Southerners will also annihilate the Few northerners in the South and a full scale war that is worse than the Biafra or bokoHaram war will begin. Every ethnic group will take up arm against the other and continue to kill one another till the whole country is littered with corpses. Then the international community will wade into the crisis in the name of quelling the fight and take our oil and lands away from us. Then another round of Colonialization will begin in full gear and the few ones that are lucky to be alive will become slaves to the West. Biafra is lost and One Nigeria is also lost. So, who wins?
Then 60 years from now, one of the few lucky survivors of the war will author a book with the title: 'There was a country' or 'Buhari's visit to Ogoniland: The beginning of the end of Nigeria'; or something like that. Again, who wins?
But after a deep thought, I told myself that Buhari was right to cancel his visit and take the Shame that comes with it. He has clearly demonstrated a rare statesmanship that is worthy of emulation. The Buhari that I know is not worried about his life; he fought in the Biafra war 49 years ago. He is a war General who has seen death on several occasions. He is only concerned about the millions of life that will be wasted because of him as well as the aftermath effect of such bloody situation on the over 170million lives of fellow Nigerians.
Thank you baba for saving our lives. You have just earned yourself the title of 'The father of a new Nigeria! Shame on you Wailers!
God bless Nigeria
God bless President Muhammadu Buhari GCFR!

This is the most myopic and dumb post I have ever seen.

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Averted Disaster In Ogoni Land ~ By Mohnice by sabofws5: 5:43pm On Jun 03, 2016
We thank God he did not go, it would have been worst than Egypt and Libya.
Re: How Buhari Averted Disaster In Ogoni Land ~ By Mohnice by billyG(m): 5:50pm On Jun 03, 2016
cindybella101:
1. So buhari if buhari is assassinated the ss and se becomes one that can be wiped off the surface of the earth, so the divide and rule system is no longer working.
2. Your war analysis is poor, what do you think will happen to the all the soldiers of the se/ss origin ? Watch on while their brothers are killed ? I don't think so.
what did they do during d biafra war,even ojukwu ran away.

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Averted Disaster In Ogoni Land ~ By Mohnice by cindybella101(f): 5:51pm On Jun 03, 2016
felsunseg:
pleas try and understand the poster miss. I the soldiers in the south resist the military, want there still be war. where will it take places, SS and SE of course. who will die most. how has the highest no. if soldiers north or south. well I think u don't know what war means and I pray u don't witness one. pray for the unity of Nigeria cos u don't know if u will be the first to die if a war broke out.

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Averted Disaster In Ogoni Land ~ By Mohnice by InvestinOwerri(m): 5:52pm On Jun 03, 2016
bishopkay:
The MOD that took this piece of crap to FP is very demented and obviously lacks common sense. So you people are supporting the massacre of a people? The OP is a very foolish person but my grouse is with the mod. angry angry angry

Wonder what NL is turning into...a kids forum where you throw senseless childish analysis and banters about? I'm so angry reading this piece of sh!T angry angry angry
Honestly, I am shocked that such useless trash, lacking in sense & logic but full of hate could be on the front page of nairaland!! Has this site gone to the dogs? The Mod that sent this rubbish to front page should be sanction by Seun. The kid that wrote this gibberish equally deserve to be banned!!
Re: How Buhari Averted Disaster In Ogoni Land ~ By Mohnice by Born2Breed(f): 5:54pm On Jun 03, 2016
mohince:
If Buhari visits Ogoniland today and an attempt is made on his life, two things are bound to happen and both leads to only one end. One is to take him out using snipers or whatever and then what? The army will wipe the entire Southeast and South South off the surface of the earth. The army, Air force, Navy and all other security forces will be given a 'shoot at sight order' to keep shelling the entire region until nothing moves again, yes, nothing. The other is to make an attempt on his life and he escapes the assassination plot; either ways, the security agents will still kill everyone and everything. So, who wins?
No matter how it plays out, the northerners will immediately commence ethnic Cleansing against the Millions of southerners in the North and the Southerners will also annihilate the Few northerners in the South and a full scale war that is worse than the Biafra or bokoHaram war will begin. Every ethnic group will take up arm against the other and continue to kill one another till the whole country is littered with corpses. Then the international community will wade into the crisis in the name of quelling the fight and take our oil and lands away from us. Then another round of Colonialization will begin in full gear and the few ones that are lucky to be alive will become slaves to the West. Biafra is lost and One Nigeria is also lost. So, who wins?
Then 60 years from now, one of the few lucky survivors of the war will author a book with the title: 'There was a country' or 'Buhari's visit to Ogoniland: The beginning of the end of Nigeria'; or something like that. Again, who wins?
But after a deep thought, I told myself that Buhari was right to cancel his visit and take the Shame that comes with it. He has clearly demonstrated a rare statesmanship that is worthy of emulation. The Buhari that I know is not worried about his life; he fought in the Biafra war 49 years ago. He is a war General who has seen death on several occasions. He is only concerned about the millions of life that will be wasted because of him as well as the aftermath effect of such bloody situation on the over 170million lives of fellow Nigerians.
Thank you baba for saving our lives. You have just earned yourself the title of 'The father of a new Nigeria! Shame on you Wailers!
God bless Nigeria

This article buttresses my earlier stance that there is a bunch of neonates on NL. How could a right thinking adult spew this bunkum!

"The army will wipe out S.S n S.E from the face of the earth" imagine yarns from bobo juice n indomie generation.

If you had educated yourself on the history of Nigeria you'll know it took d whole Nigeria more than 3yrs to defeat a tiny south east with support from d world super powers.

We don't pray for war in Nigeria again, but if it happens there will be no winner. If anything happens to d dullard from daura, Nigeria will not burn!
Re: How Buhari Averted Disaster In Ogoni Land ~ By Mohnice by mare23ayo(m): 5:55pm On Jun 03, 2016
cindybella101:
1. So buhari if buhari is assassinated the ss and se becomes one that can be wiped off the surface of the earth, so the divide and rule system is no longer working.
2. Your war analysis is poor, what do you think will happen to the all the soldiers of the se/ss origin ? Watch on while their brothers are killed ? I don't think so.
Op is very right! though I wasn't happy that buhari cancelled the trip, but for our collective good the shame was good than a total annihilation of the south east and south south if an attempt was made or assassination
Re: How Buhari Averted Disaster In Ogoni Land ~ By Mohnice by ClintonDal(m): 6:01pm On Jun 03, 2016
saintdennis:

Once again bro how do u know NDA actually are aware of their limits? Are you a top ranking member/decision maker in the group?

Also I point out the NDA statement condemning attack/killing of soldiers , this is a clear evidence that there are already dissenters within their midst thus you cannot boldly proclaim NO ATTEMPT WILL BE MADE.

Sahara reporters claimed president has ear infection, pdp said he's very sick but presidency rebuffed the reports.

I personally feel he is sick, but others are free to think otherwise and give reasons for their assumption.

That's the only point I was tryna make.
Lol, believe Sahara Reporters at your own peril. Asking if am a member of the NDA is stale. I am not against anyone having his opinion, it is our fundamental human right.
But alleging that your assumption is the truth and others are lies is not right. The thread was moved to front page making it seem as if that was the real reason for Baba not to show up and that is a huge lie of which you and I know.
And if you believe the NDA can assassinate Buhari in a commando style then I can as well believe you don't even know the reason for their agitation.
Be it for resource control or evil plots by some folks to make Nigeria ungovernable for Buhari, killing him will not be in their best interest. That media release was just a taunt and its unfortunate circumstances made Baba not come which has in its way given the NDA an untouchable image.
You owe me no obligation to accept what I have postulated. Besides the Presidents Security detail is capable of doing their job of protecting him. I have been opportune to spend some time with a Governors detail for 3 days and I was impressed with what I observed.
Re: How Buhari Averted Disaster In Ogoni Land ~ By Mohnice by basadenet: 6:18pm On Jun 03, 2016
He did not avert anything but chicken out like a chicken. Pmb do not want to die now.
Re: How Buhari Averted Disaster In Ogoni Land ~ By Mohnice by kelly72: 6:21pm On Jun 03, 2016
jstbeinhonest:

You honestly think the se/ss soldiers can withstand the Nothern soldiers?....lol

Its always easy to talk,There was Oil in 1967.

And what stuff is d northern soldier made of. Southerners see better than northerners in almost everything. Share Nigeria's armoury between d two sides and d northern soldiers will run to Niger republic.

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Averted Disaster In Ogoni Land ~ By Mohnice by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jun 03, 2016
If the president was assassinated at ogoni as treatened by nda, i dare anybody military or youth 4rm oda parts of d country to touch just a single igbo soul ! The shameless op remembered today dat ssse are one region but wen it comes 2 politics and exploitation u separate dem abi? This shud serve as an eye opener 2 everyone not only igbos. May it neva b well with the op and the useless mod dat put dis on front page.
Re: How Buhari Averted Disaster In Ogoni Land ~ By Mohnice by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jun 03, 2016
Mack3N:
Oil is what has caused doom for this nation and take it or leave it's high time we seek alternatives. The major buyers of oil are finding alternative source of energy reason for the crashing of oil price. Other Oil Producing Countries will be sort after and Nigeria's/South South oil will be left for us to drink. Let us ds generation sit down and think for once
Re: How Buhari Averted Disaster In Ogoni Land ~ By Mohnice by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jun 03, 2016
Mekwen:
Which ever way you see it, the OP made more sense cos Buhari's action just kept Nigeria in one piece as we wish.Against your intention .
so U really believe they meant to assassinate the president? then am sure u believe anything
Re: How Buhari Averted Disaster In Ogoni Land ~ By Mohnice by tobiasbeecher: 6:30pm On Jun 03, 2016
irunooboo:
[b]A wise man would have cancelled the trip just like buhari did to avoid tension and war situation in the region. If buhari went to ogoni and his convoy was targeted, there will be reprisals from the security forces and that useless buffoon called fayose will be among the critics to call him a tyrant if innocent people died like the shiite incident in zaria. Those calling buhari a coward should realize that he just saved them from a possible crisis in their region and besides the president cancelled lagos and senegal trips where there was no threat from any group. What he did is in the interest of the innocent residents. Nigerian government will level the Niger delta if they are pushed to the wall. Forget the oil installations bullshits, air raids will cripple the economy accepted but the government will resort to loans from foreign bodies to sustain it's economy hereby putting millions in further debts and poverty. Fayose is a bastard yoruba man mixed with igbo blood for criticizing buhari on this decision. His mother needs to be questioned [/b]
Yes you're right, Fayose's mother needs to be questioned because it's unimaginable that he will be that brave and courageous if he doesn't have an Igbo blood. They said that his people is known for their cowardice.

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Averted Disaster In Ogoni Land ~ By Mohnice by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jun 03, 2016
mohince:
God bless Nigeria
Do you eat through your anus? This is the most senseless post I have ever seen on nairaland. You guys will always do anything to put buhari on a good light, even despite all his failures glaring at you....smh
Re: How Buhari Averted Disaster In Ogoni Land ~ By Mohnice by saintdennis(m): 6:45pm On Jun 03, 2016
ClintonDal:

Lol, believe Sahara Reporters at your own peril. Asking if am a member of the NDA is stale. I am not against anyone having his opinion, it is our fundamental human right.
But alleging that your assumption is the truth and others are lies is not right. The thread was moved to front page making it seem as if that was the real reason for Baba not to show up and that is a huge lie of which you and I know.
And if you believe the NDA can assassinate Buhari in a commando style then I can as well believe you don't even know the reason for their agitation.
Be it for resource control or evil plots by some folks to make Nigeria ungovernable for Buhari, killing him will not be in their best interest. That media release was just a taunt and its unfortunate circumstances made Baba not come which has in its way given the NDA an untouchable image.
You owe me no obligation to accept what I have postulated. Besides the Presidents Security detail is capable of doing their job of protecting him. I have been opportune to spend some time with a Governors detail for 3 days and I was impressed with what I observed.

We saying the same thing, just from different angles.

Now that I see where u coming from I respec your opinion It's all good, I was just unhappy with your opening line in your first post.
Re: How Buhari Averted Disaster In Ogoni Land ~ By Mohnice by freshkee: 6:52pm On Jun 03, 2016

How many shot at sight did they carried out when John J Kennedy was killed by a snipper in the United States of America?
Re: How Buhari Averted Disaster In Ogoni Land ~ By Mohnice by perforetti(m): 6:53pm On Jun 03, 2016
Copycat Oshi...
Re: How Buhari Averted Disaster In Ogoni Land ~ By Mohnice by lyricalz: 7:25pm On Jun 03, 2016
Hahahahaha, bubu ran 4 his dear life abeg, life is xo sweet at aso-rock, abeg na who wan die? 4get all ur stories @ op.
Re: How Buhari Averted Disaster In Ogoni Land ~ By Mohnice by ClintonDal(m): 7:31pm On Jun 03, 2016
saintdennis:

We saying the same thing, just from different angles.

Now that I see where u coming from I respec your opinion It's all good, I was just unhappy with your opening line in your first post.
It's all good, and life goes on.
Re: How Buhari Averted Disaster In Ogoni Land ~ By Mohnice by BrainnewsNg(f): 7:37pm On Jun 03, 2016
Mack3N:

Noted
Re: How Buhari Averted Disaster In Ogoni Land ~ By Mohnice by kadree(m): 7:37pm On Jun 03, 2016
After d tutsi rebel allegedly short down d hutu's ruwanda presidential jet ,we all know what apund as a result, more than 1000000 lives wia lost. A matured n rational mind knows wen to be conscious. U can't mistake buhari's action to b an act of cowardice. Wenever d NDA strikes , dey don't wait to confront d NA, dey run back into d creeks, you may call dt an act of cowardice but in d true sense, dey r bn tactful.the president was wise staying back...
A true leader must b able to think outside the box. E shud go to ogoni to prove dat he isn't afraid? Wetin a man of more 72 wan use show off do? E who fight n run, breaths to fight another day. Dat is d simple logic.
Re: How Buhari Averted Disaster In Ogoni Land ~ By Mohnice by Remii(m): 7:50pm On Jun 03, 2016
freshkee:

How many shot at sight did they carried out when John J Kennedy was killed by a snipper in the United States of America?
that is USA, some people even believe it was a kinda of coup d'etat of elite who planted Lyndon Johnson in the Presidency. If PMB was attacked in ogoni, I don't expect what the op wrote but a minimum of ironsi / fajuyi situation is possible that can be followed with attacks on Southerners in the North and verse versa in the South

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Averted Disaster In Ogoni Land ~ By Mohnice by lordkhalifa(m): 8:00pm On Jun 03, 2016
This OP is high on something....

What they couldn't achieve in 1967 to 1970 do u think they can do it now boko haram and NDA have shown how weak they are

Abeg who get lighter I won light my Cuban cigar
undecided
Re: How Buhari Averted Disaster In Ogoni Land ~ By Mohnice by Ralphdan(m): 8:41pm On Jun 03, 2016
God! this is the height of dumb assness .
Re: How Buhari Averted Disaster In Ogoni Land ~ By Mohnice by sammyclassics(m): 8:44pm On Jun 03, 2016
Always say the truth, he lied he had ear infection and didn't go to Lagos but this one, it's clear. He was not saving any expenses on travelling bcuz d money he spent going abroad is costly than visiting within the country....

And what is the OP saying

Ordering the army to shoot at sight?

It's like fighting Israel, you can't win...
Re: How Buhari Averted Disaster In Ogoni Land ~ By Mohnice by billyG(m): 9:30pm On Jun 03, 2016
sammyclassics:
Always say the truth, he lied he had ear infection and didn't go to Lagos but this one, it's clear. He was not saving any expenses on travelling bcuz d money he spent going abroad is costly than visiting within the country....

And what is the OP saying

Ordering the army to shoot at sight?

It's like fighting Israel, you can't win...

So NA is now isreal that cnnot b won.
Re: How Buhari Averted Disaster In Ogoni Land ~ By Mohnice by nnaemeka817(m): 9:31pm On Jun 03, 2016
mohince:
God bless Nigeria
See ur child brain! You are very stupid. We have no southern soldiers again??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Tinubu To Atiku: You Can Strategize In Jungle, You’re Going Nowhere / Winifred Igbokwe Weds Mofesomo Tayo-Oyetibo In Lagos (Photos) / Onnoghen Saga: :falana Blows Hot, Says Ex CJN Shot Himself In The Leg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.