Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,741 members, 7,806,021 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:23 AM

Loan: Jimoh Ibrahim Pays N3bn To Oceanic Bank - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Loan: Jimoh Ibrahim Pays N3bn To Oceanic Bank (4718 Views)

Oceanic Bank Now Eco Bank? / Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud / Assistance Wanted: Swift Code Of Oceanic Bank Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Loan: Jimoh Ibrahim Pays N3bn To Oceanic Bank by bros1234(m): 4:57pm On Aug 25, 2009
Tell me one billionaire that has never borrowed or owed before. Sometimes you posters dont balance your positions. While i am not supporting unservicing your loans you have to understand that productive borrowing is part of the principle to wealth creation.

I even read where a widow borrowed vessels for her business in the bible, think well

Wealthy people are those who understand how to use

1. other peoples money, opm

2. other peoples ideas, opi

3. other peoples effort, ope

think guys think
Re: Loan: Jimoh Ibrahim Pays N3bn To Oceanic Bank by mamagee6(f): 12:57am On Aug 26, 2009
His conscience is really dealing with him for all the money he stole from Nigeria.
Re: Loan: Jimoh Ibrahim Pays N3bn To Oceanic Bank by lastpage: 4:29am On Aug 26, 2009
In summary, "Auntie Nana" is a family member to Cecelia Ibru.
So, she gave a 13Billion loan to another family member, based on self-recognition!

Now, this is not peculiar to Cecelia alone, other M.D's of banks have been engaging in this stupid behavior for long, case is point is the defunct City Express Bank Plc in V.I , headed by Mrs Shola Adeoti whose husband's company, BACOM Communications borrowed and siphoned huge amounts of unsecured loans from the bank and as expected, the bank finally crashed, CBN recapitalization notwithstanding! (The bank could not pay depositors as at January 2005)

The annoying thing is that these M.D's fail to appreciate that INVESTORS/DEPOSITORS FUNDS are not their personal property that they can do as they wish with!
Apart from living large and acquiring properties with customers funds, they also dash-out the money to their friends!
There is nothing wrong in taking a loan from a bank, well secured with disposable assets, to do a viable business: Its a win-win situation for the bank (interest an charges), the customer (interest on deposits), the borrower (financing and realization of project, profit making, e.t.c) and the economy at large (creation of wealth and employment) ,
But if you borrow, please pay back or renegotiate the loan, if you're having cashflow problems with your business.
The worst people are those class of "big-men" who borrow or steal/loot our treasury and "dump" the money in some foreign bank accounts. Does IBB, Ibori, e.t.c come to mind?

By the way, Oceanic never said Jimoh Ibrahim was in default or not servicing his loan (He paid back 3Billion between Nov 208 and March 2009, and now he's paid back another 3Billion,, and the info said it was a "wire transfer", which implies the money was from a foreign bank account!) thus, his loan was performing and there was no need to "coerce him'" into offsetting the loan immediately! Why?

If he repays immediately, (as requested) then, the bank looses more money through "interest" that would have accrued on "the outstanding balance" (thats how bank make money on loans).
In sane climes, you actually get punished by way of extra charges, if you decide to defray a loan that was supposed to last ten years, within say one year!

I guess we are bunch of people who like to shoot themselves in the foot!
Re: Loan: Jimoh Ibrahim Pays N3bn To Oceanic Bank by lastpage: 4:42am On Aug 26, 2009
Richyblack, what happened to my "Post"?
Re: Loan: Jimoh Ibrahim Pays N3bn To Oceanic Bank by kirkmikel: 8:45am On Aug 26, 2009
Marissa I quite agree with you all the way I think it is time CBN start looking into compelling theses banks to start helping small businesses grow without the strains of this killer interest rates, afterall it has been established that the big spenders and owners of conglomerates are irresponsible debtors.
Re: Loan: Jimoh Ibrahim Pays N3bn To Oceanic Bank by javalove(m): 11:32am On Aug 26, 2009
Make i quick go pay ma own oh!!!1
Re: Loan: Jimoh Ibrahim Pays N3bn To Oceanic Bank by Adigbans: 11:58am On Aug 26, 2009
"He said Global Fleet had no reason to stop its relationship with Oceanic Bank, but advised the bank to be transparent.",

JIMOH IBRAHIM is a confused man, has mouth now?im ashamed!, oh well, its when peole "are down" they get to know their real friends. the confused man didny say anything about the friendship and others he "has" with the bank, did he? he is just a joke!
Re: Loan: Jimoh Ibrahim Pays N3bn To Oceanic Bank by chosen04(f): 1:55pm On Aug 26, 2009
I pray he will be arrested by EFCC for defaulting payment. It will really make a homemovie that after all his noise he couldnt even pay the N8billion ONLY he admitted owing. Which was all his media attention seeking for? to make us sympathise with him?. Jimoh, Pls carry ur cross. After all you enjoyed the PROFITS from the loan only.
Re: Loan: Jimoh Ibrahim Pays N3bn To Oceanic Bank by MrCrackles(m): 1:58pm On Aug 26, 2009
So[b] Jimoh[/b] didnt pay back a dime? shocked angry
Re: Loan: Jimoh Ibrahim Pays N3bn To Oceanic Bank by Witi(m): 2:48pm On Aug 26, 2009
chidichris:

jimoh idiot,
please pay all as the money belongs to the poor masses.
do not be decieved, obj is no more the president of nigeria.
sale your private jet and pay up the loan.
the stupid bank mds must be made to pay for their stupidity. what collateral did these idiots present to the banks to get these huge sums of funds?
at least, yar adua and the present efcc have seperated themselves from the media crazy ribadu and obj.
the waziri of a woman in her ability to shake the likes of bode george, borrishade, kayode, dangote, otedola, and jiloh ibrahim has proved that she as a woman can do better than some men eg ribadu
This is too harsh for a man struggling to be somebody in life. You don't blame Jimoh for anything you blame the bank chief's that gave him the loan without good collateral, an average bizman will do likewise anywhere in the world.
Re: Loan: Jimoh Ibrahim Pays N3bn To Oceanic Bank by lastpage: 2:23am On Aug 27, 2009
After paying back 3Billion less than six months ago, now he has dropped another 3Billion yet, some people are not impressed?
What else is the man, a businessman, supposed to do?

I can understand when "poor people" vent their spleen on the rich but what l fail to understand is when the same poor people dont understand that the relationship between the rich and the poor is symbiotic?

Some will not be satisfied until they see the destruction of a "rich" man!
I guess its a "we" Vs. "them" mentality of poor and poverty stricken masses grin grin

Anyway, Jimoh, when is the balance dropping? Abeg, quick-quick o!
Re: Loan: Jimoh Ibrahim Pays N3bn To Oceanic Bank by oppadd: 3:02am On Aug 27, 2009
Mr Jimoh or whatever you are called, I have only a name to call you " :oSCAMMER shocked" , will anyone ask me why ?? You dare NOT.

If this Mr Jimoh is there when one unfortunate YAHOO BOY is arrested, am damn sure he will never plead for the Hustler. but now He is so scared of getting caught or publicized by EFCC or whatever those stupid THIEFS are called. he quickly return N 3b out of his debt of N8b, i never know which bank is coming down next to reveal all their secret of being called BILLIONAIRE but before ZENITH start to put out his first BATCH. today i dey go withdraw all my money and keep it somewhere else.

THEY ARE ALL FAKE BILLIONAIRE, THEY ARE SURVIVING ON OUR LITTLE THOUSANDS. grin grin grin

HEY EVERYONE, WE HAVE REST OF MIND THAN THEY DO. YOU KNOW WHO I MEANT BY THAT.

GO TO YOUR BANK AND WITHDRAW YOUR MONEY, LET'S GET BACK TO THE OLD WAY OF KEEPING MONEY, AND LET'S WAIT AND SEE IF DANGOTE WILL RETAIN HIS 5000 TRUCKS OF RICE,7000 TRUCKS OR CEMENT AND OTHERS. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Loan: Jimoh Ibrahim Pays N3bn To Oceanic Bank by jamace(m): 7:53am On Aug 27, 2009
Tell me one billionaire that has never borrowed or owed before. Sometimes you posters dont balance your positions. While i am not supporting unservicing your loans you have to understand that productive borrowing is part of the principle to wealth creation.

I even read where a widow borrowed vessels for her business in the bible, think well

Wealthy people are those who understand how to use

1. other peoples money, opm

2. other peoples ideas, opi

3. other peoples effort, ope

think guys think

Correct talk.

The enforcement of payment lies primarily with the banks. The banks failed woefully in this regard because they were co-looters.
Re: Loan: Jimoh Ibrahim Pays N3bn To Oceanic Bank by bigx(m): 4:45pm On Aug 27, 2009
We really have a serious "pull him down" mentality in this country. Businesses run on debt and his paying means he shows a level of sincerity in his dealings. You cannot compare that with some others on the list
Re: Loan: Jimoh Ibrahim Pays N3bn To Oceanic Bank by lastpage: 11:04pm On Aug 27, 2009
@op.add [quote]GO TO YOUR BANK AND WITHDRAW ALL YOUR MONEY, LETS GET BACK TO THE OLD WAY OF KEEPING MONEY, [/QUOTE]

Hmmmmm, what a "sound" advice!
To keep millions of naira in the house? Under pillow? Under bed??

, and when "awon boys" come visiting, you will wish you weren't so "smart"!

Or is that a "coded message" to assist "awon boys"? shocked lipsrsealed

Hmmmm, see wetin bad-belle for Billionaires go cause my people! grin
Re: Loan: Jimoh Ibrahim Pays N3bn To Oceanic Bank by oppadd: 3:34am On Nov 03, 2009
I do not think you get my words, I will never dare keeping ma money @home, but just try and think about others that are not holding up to a thousand hearing everyday in Radio that someone owe a bank BILLIONS, man! Billions, This life doesn't worth such, and i dont believe a fool telling me "a good business man is man who can take advantage of another man's sweat" Bravo to HIM who quote that, I beleive he has His own made Bible or Quran.

LIFE>>>>>>>Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more; it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing, So why HOLDING on to just NOTHING ?

(1) (2) (Reply)

See How Much 10,000 Zambian Kwacha Is In Naira / How Profitable Is Cassava Processing And Exportation Business In Nigeria? / Shopping From India Now Made Easy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.