Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,979 members, 7,806,858 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:41 AM

Are There Angel Investors In Nigeria? - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Are There Angel Investors In Nigeria? (1435 Views)

Angel Investors, Loaners, Vcs And Mentors Thread (1st) / Investors Stranded As MMM Reopens / Factors That Attracts Angel Investors To Your Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are There Angel Investors In Nigeria? by Olafeazy(m): 12:59am On Jun 04, 2016
Over there in yankee, I hear alot and read a lot about wealthy individuals who invest in people's ideas, just for a percentage of the business, they are called angel investors, they are wealthy and want to help others that want to start a business with their money, with little returns.

But here in Nigeria, I don't hear of such things happening, why? Is it that the wealthy are not concerned about the development of the younger ones? Or we don't know at all of angel investing? Or are there angel investors in this country?
Re: Are There Angel Investors In Nigeria? by jamace(m): 10:43am On Jun 04, 2016
Olafeazy:
Over there in yankee, I hear alot and read a lot about wealthy individuals who invest in people's ideas, just for a percentage of the business, they are called angel investors, they are wealthy and want to help others that want to start a business with their money, with little returns.

But here in Nigeria, I don't hear of such things happening, why? Is it that the wealthy are not concerned about the development of the younger ones? Or we don't know at all of angel investing? Or are there angel investors in this country?

It happens on man- know -man level. Yet to be organised to a registered or recognized form of business.

1 Like

Re: Are There Angel Investors In Nigeria? by Olafeazy(m): 5:34pm On Jun 04, 2016
jamace:

It happens on man- know -man level. Yet to be organised to a registered or recognized form of business.

Wow! We need to grow to that level in this country. Many ideas wasting all because of unavailability of funds to young entrepreneurs.
Re: Are There Angel Investors In Nigeria? by godello: 6:37pm On Jun 04, 2016
There are investors, but no viable idea.
Re: Are There Angel Investors In Nigeria? by Olafeazy(m): 11:15am On Jun 05, 2016
godello:
There are investors, but no viable idea.
Really? Why would you think so?
Re: Are There Angel Investors In Nigeria? by longevity1(m): 12:54am On Jun 08, 2016
D investors are greedy

Olafeazy:

Re: Are There Angel Investors In Nigeria? by Olafeazy(m): 9:09am On Jun 08, 2016
longevity1:
D investors are greedy

Life is give and take, they might seem greedy, but they must benefit from the deal, it's their money and we need it.
Re: Are There Angel Investors In Nigeria? by yungfabulous: 8:46am On Jun 11, 2016
I have a viable idea. Can you connect me to one of the investors?

1 Like

Re: Are There Angel Investors In Nigeria? by Olafeazy(m): 3:59pm On Jun 11, 2016
yungfabulous:
I have a viable idea. Can you connect me to one of the investors?
I know of no one, that's why I'm wondering whether they exist at all in this country. Because of people like you, I and others who need them
I hope the rich start seeing the need to help with their money.
Re: Are There Angel Investors In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jun 11, 2016
I can tell you there are no angel investors in Nigeria.
Re: Are There Angel Investors In Nigeria? by Olafeazy(m): 1:22pm On Jun 13, 2016
nairabinary:
I can tell you there are no angel investors in Nigeria.
Too bad for the giant of Africa. Our rich ones should step up!

(1) (Reply)

Sure Investment / What Is The Update On Covenant Fadama Investment? / Double Your Investment In 5 Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.