Stats: 3,150,209 members, 7,807,703 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:45 PM

Muhammad Ali Dies At 74 - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Muhammad Ali Dies At 74 (46400 Views)

The Last Portraits Of Muhammad Ali By Zenon Texeira / Photo Of Muhammad Ali With His Mother! RIP / Muhammad Ali's Visit To Lagos In 1964 (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muhammad Ali Dies At 74 by haywire07(m): 7:57am On Jun 04, 2016
seacoast:
He died as a Muslim who has Christian heart (because he killed no one for seven virgins)...

Chai!!! grin

Sumborri cannot even play wit dis one sef cry cry
Re: Muhammad Ali Dies At 74 by dljbd1(m): 7:58am On Jun 04, 2016
So sad he cldnt box his way out of this. undecided
RIP Legend! cry

Re: Muhammad Ali Dies At 74 by Leke001: 7:59am On Jun 04, 2016
RIP Cassius
Re: Muhammad Ali Dies At 74 by tumbez: 8:00am On Jun 04, 2016
mrkayusfit:

So he can have his imaginary 72 virgins without fighting a jihad? Impossible undecided
.....the greatest!!! See this

Re: Muhammad Ali Dies At 74 by danniyal(m): 8:00am On Jun 04, 2016
tunshe:
I am glad he died as a Muslim.

Black man and religion… no wonder we are so backward

Re: Muhammad Ali Dies At 74 by duullie88(m): 8:01am On Jun 04, 2016
Rest in peace THE GREATEST ...ALI BOMBAYE cry cry
Re: Muhammad Ali Dies At 74 by artsoft1: 8:04am On Jun 04, 2016
tunshe:

There's nothing like a Christain heart! Even the bible confirms the heart of man is wicked. It takes the grace of God for one to be righteous.

There are good and bad people in every religion or race.

Jazakallahu khaeran for this

Re: Muhammad Ali Dies At 74 by Nobody: 8:07am On Jun 04, 2016
lirusehn:

save that for your fellow extremists undecided
Common sense rules,just grow up. I don't have to be a muslim or an extremist or even have a religion at all to know what's right.

Re: Muhammad Ali Dies At 74 by lirusehn(m): 8:09am On Jun 04, 2016
shugadun8:
Common sense rules,just grow up. I don't have to be a muslim or an extremist or even have a religion at all to know what's right.

if common sense rules you should know your 5MB should be saved for a better use. undecided

4 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Muhammad Ali Dies At 74 by lukency(m): 8:10am On Jun 04, 2016
Rest in peace
Re: Muhammad Ali Dies At 74 by fitinwell: 8:10am On Jun 04, 2016
[size=28pt]Who is Muhammad Ali.... Lie Muhammad who meant to say @op [/size]
Re: Muhammad Ali Dies At 74 by Charliiee(m): 8:11am On Jun 04, 2016
"If you ever dream of beating me, you better wake up and apologise" RIPAliTheGreatest

Re: Muhammad Ali Dies At 74 by Mjjordan(m): 8:16am On Jun 04, 2016
RIP Muhammad Ali...may ur soul rest in peace!
Re: Muhammad Ali Dies At 74 by Nobody: 8:16am On Jun 04, 2016
lirusehn:
Painful he died as a moslem undecided
Yea,so painful for you it isnt the usual xtian celeb who didnt die of drug overdose,suicide or plastic surgery gone wrong.
Re: Muhammad Ali Dies At 74 by favouritesahaba: 8:18am On Jun 04, 2016
May Allah forgive him
Re: Muhammad Ali Dies At 74 by Burgerlomo: 8:19am On Jun 04, 2016
R.I.P. the legend
Re: Muhammad Ali Dies At 74 by maleeks(m): 8:20am On Jun 04, 2016
Every soul shall taste death Rest in peace the world greatest boxer
Re: Muhammad Ali Dies At 74 by lirusehn(m): 8:23am On Jun 04, 2016
crusadistic:

Yea,so painful for you it isnt the usual xtian celeb who didnt die of drug overdose,suicide or plastic surgery gone wrong.

only if you know how much have laughed undecided

ask Aisha how your muhammad died

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Muhammad Ali Dies At 74 by miqos02(m): 8:24am On Jun 04, 2016
rip
Re: Muhammad Ali Dies At 74 by Nobody: 8:28am On Jun 04, 2016
lirusehn:

only if you know how much have laughed undecided
ask Aisha how your muhammad died
what is this one saying
Re: Muhammad Ali Dies At 74 by DaudaAbu(m): 8:30am On Jun 04, 2016
''Its gonna be a chilla, and a thrilla when i meet the gorilla in manilla''

Muhammad Ali before his bout with joe frazier in Manilla

May his gentle soul rest in peace
Re: Muhammad Ali Dies At 74 by laviecontinue: 8:30am On Jun 04, 2016
What it takes to be a better human most of us don't even know. So sad all we fight about is religion. #Godoverreligion. "If you ever dream of beating me, you better wake up and apologise" RIP baba tatiana
Re: Muhammad Ali Dies At 74 by Shym3xx: 8:31am On Jun 04, 2016
Ogbeche77:
hanshsjsvshsbsjhsgvwuwjhw
GTFOH cheesy

Lol.

Big Ogbez, but you can't discount the role Islam played in his transformation and the transcending larger than life iconic figure he became albeit it was the Nation of Islam doctorine which has more to do with black consciousness - than the generic Arab Islam. Prior to meeting Malcolm X and subsequently converting to Nation of Islam - he was a vocal/loquacious great boxer on his way to greatness.

However, after Nation of Islam and Malcolm X, he became the face of a struggle and the biggest draw in a demonised doctrine, due to his star power. And the struggle shined through his exploits in the ring, his voice/opinions etc.. The legend of Ali transcended boxing/sports and that right there is Nation of Islam. Also, one of the greatest things we'll always remember him for was the Vietnam war and that had to do with his consciousness, not his skills/talent. Heck, he said one of his greatest regrets is the fact that he never reconciled with Malcolm X before he died, after they fell out cos X left NOI.

Have you read his autobiography? That's a must read and one of the most inspirational books I've ever read. After reading that book - I vowed never to say anything negative about him till I go 6-feet under. I recommend the book; Steve Biko's autobiography; and the Malcolm X movie by Spike Lee (I won't recommend Malcolm C's autobiography cos Alex Haley wrote some shady things there).

Re: Muhammad Ali Dies At 74 by jamace(m): 8:32am On Jun 04, 2016
Rest in Peace, the boxing legend.
Re: Muhammad Ali Dies At 74 by MicroBox: 8:35am On Jun 04, 2016
Innalilahi Wahina illahi rajihun.. May your soul rest in peace
Re: Muhammad Ali Dies At 74 by olanshile2016(m): 8:35am On Jun 04, 2016
rip
Re: Muhammad Ali Dies At 74 by aiikman(m): 8:38am On Jun 04, 2016
Sleep well Legend...
Re: Muhammad Ali Dies At 74 by Ayosh(m): 8:39am On Jun 04, 2016
Such fair features for a boxer - a heavy weight boxer at that

I could never have won against him even if it went to five dozen rounds. I'd probably just make body shots all day long hoping he tires and threw in a towel while making sure not even a drop of my sweat touched his delicate face.
Heck! I'd wager most of his fights were won 'cause opponents were afraid to hurt his face grin I know this 'cos Joe and Foreman told me tongue

I dare say guys of today, blessed with one third his delicate features, would choose 'gigoloing' or its twin on the men-to-men side over boxing any day of the week.
Re: Muhammad Ali Dies At 74 by Nobody: 8:43am On Jun 04, 2016
“Why should they ask me to put on a uniform and go 10,000 miles from home and drop bombs and bullets on Brown people in Vietnam while so-called Negro people in Louisville are treated like dogs and denied simple human rights? No I’m not going 10,000 miles from home to help murder and burn another poor nation simply to continue the domination of white slave masters of the darker people the world over. This is the day when such evils must come to an end. I have been warned that to take such a stand would cost me millions of dollars. But I have said it once and I will say it again. The real enemy of my people is here. I will not disgrace my religion, my people or myself by becoming a tool to enslave those who are fighting for their own justice, freedom and equality. If I thought the war was going to bring freedom and equality to 22 million of my people they wouldn’t have to draft me, I’d join tomorrow. I have nothing to lose by standing up for my beliefs. So I’ll go to jail, so what? We’ve been in jail for 400 years.” ........Muhammad Ali
http://alphahistory.com/vietnamwar/muhammad-ali-refuses-to-fight-1967/

He was part of that golden era. RIP
Re: Muhammad Ali Dies At 74 by oluwaahmed: 8:51am On Jun 04, 2016
tunshe:

He will meet his Lord as Muslim and be rewarded for submitting to Allah alone.

I pray to also die as a Muslim. Amin!

It's very simple, tie a bomb round ur waist, go 2 a pig pen & take dose infidel pigs wit u. U already knw d reward dat awaaits u in heaven. Coke, biitches & slaves... awesome
Re: Muhammad Ali Dies At 74 by Pdizzle(m): 8:54am On Jun 04, 2016
My pops so love this man, RIP Ali. You inspire me.
Re: Muhammad Ali Dies At 74 by Raph01: 8:57am On Jun 04, 2016
So de man later die

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerians Blast Victor Moses For Not Making Chelsea Bench After Dumping Nigeria / Manchester City Players Salaries 2022 – Weekly Wages 2021/22 / Mikel Obi Reacts To Nigeria 2 - 0 Loss To Croatia