Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,139 members, 7,780,069 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:12 AM

Muhammad Ali Dies At 74 - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Muhammad Ali Dies At 74 (46332 Views)

The Last Portraits Of Muhammad Ali By Zenon Texeira / Photo Of Muhammad Ali With His Mother! RIP / Muhammad Ali's Visit To Lagos In 1964 (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muhammad Ali Dies At 74 by godchildjayboy(m): 8:58am On Jun 04, 2016
Rest in peace The world greatest boxer of all time. Mohammed Ali. for ever you shall live on.
Re: Muhammad Ali Dies At 74 by maizeo: 8:59am On Jun 04, 2016
Rip bro
Re: Muhammad Ali Dies At 74 by Starlet50(m): 9:00am On Jun 04, 2016
RIP
You are a legend
Re: Muhammad Ali Dies At 74 by Nobody: 9:01am On Jun 04, 2016
Shym3xx:

Lol.

Big Ogbez, but you can't discount the role Islam played in his transformation and the transcending larger than life iconic figure he became albeit it was the Nation of Islam doctorine which has more to do with black consciousness - than the generic Arab Islam. Prior to meeting Malcolm X and subsequently converting to Nation of Islam - he was a vocal/loquacious great boxer on his way to greatness.

However, after Nation of Islam and Malcolm X, he became the face of a struggle and the biggest draw in a demonised doctrine, due to his star power. And the struggle shined through his exploits in the ring, his voice/opinions etc.. The legend of Ali transcended boxing/sports and that right there is Nation of Islam. Also, one of the greatest things we'll always remember him for was the Vietnam war and that had to do with his consciousness, not his skills/talent. Heck, he said one of his greatest regrets is the fact that he never reconciled with Malcolm X before he died, after they fell out cos X left NOI.

Have you read his autobiography? That's a must read and one of the most inspirational books I've ever read. After reading that book - I vowed never to say anything negative about him till I go 6-feet under. I recommend the book; Steve Biko's autobiography; and the Malcolm X movie by Spike Lee (I won't recommend Malcolm C's autobiography cos Alex Haley wrote some shady things there).
I have seen the Spike Lee movie on Malcom & also a couple of his docs.. I ll check out the book..
Prophet Elijah Muhammed really influenced Ali... Of course we can't take that away, but you know how peeps here are quick to bring up religious sentiments on every issue.. I had to shut that Kleb up
Re: Muhammad Ali Dies At 74 by muteeu(m): 9:07am On Jun 04, 2016
May ALLAAH fgv Muhammad ali, grant him aljanah fridus amin... He passed away some hrs ago!
Re: Muhammad Ali Dies At 74 by oglalasioux(m): 9:12am On Jun 04, 2016
Ladies and gentlemen the champ is here the champ is here the champ is here, get your mutha f*ckin hands in the air!

RIP, champ.
Re: Muhammad Ali Dies At 74 by scholes23(m): 9:15am On Jun 04, 2016
FLOATS LIKE A BUTTERFLY, STINGS LIKE A BEE.

REST IN PEACE WORLDS GREATEST
Re: Muhammad Ali Dies At 74 by MrImole: 9:18am On Jun 04, 2016
Hey guys, who's greater, Mohammed Alli or Mike Tyson?
Re: Muhammad Ali Dies At 74 by BerryBlaster: 9:19am On Jun 04, 2016
Rest in peace Man!!!!
Re: Muhammad Ali Dies At 74 by Princejydo(m): 9:21am On Jun 04, 2016
which religion is giving the world problem?
Re: Muhammad Ali Dies At 74 by gloryman91: 9:22am On Jun 04, 2016
lirusehn:
Painful he died as a moslem undecided

Best of way to meet one's creator, don't died except as a Muslim. Hope you understand soon.
Re: Muhammad Ali Dies At 74 by muteeu(m): 9:22am On Jun 04, 2016
Ogbeche77:
I have seen the Spike Lee movie on Malcom & also a couple of his docs.. I ll check out the book..
Prophet Elijah Muhammed really influenced Ali... Of course we can't take that away, but you know how peeps here are quick to bring up religious sentiments on every issue.. I had to shut that Kleb up
. u guy mentioned Malcolm X... any time I remember him, water always come out from my eye.. he sacrificed his life for propagation of Islam and black race freedom ... yaa Allah forgive Malcolm X , grant him aljanah fridus amin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Muhammad Ali Dies At 74 by lirusehn(m): 9:26am On Jun 04, 2016
gloryman91:

Best of way to meet one's creator, don't died except as a Muslim. Hope you understand soon.

i rather die as a Pagan than follow your blood sucking god

4 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Muhammad Ali Dies At 74 by onlineadejoh(m): 9:30am On Jun 04, 2016
RIP The Greatest
Re: Muhammad Ali Dies At 74 by trappatoni(m): 9:32am On Jun 04, 2016
The greatest! Rest on
Re: Muhammad Ali Dies At 74 by Revolva(m): 9:33am On Jun 04, 2016
RIP the world greatest
Re: Muhammad Ali Dies At 74 by chival(f): 9:34am On Jun 04, 2016
Alas! He lost his last fight. Rest in peace Ali. You will always be remembered.

1 Like

Re: Muhammad Ali Dies At 74 by BABANGBALI: 9:35am On Jun 04, 2016
So it is true that Mohammed is dead
Re: Muhammad Ali Dies At 74 by mrnuur(m): 9:37am On Jun 04, 2016
MrImole:

Ali
Re: Muhammad Ali Dies At 74 by Nobody: 9:40am On Jun 04, 2016
MrImole:

Tyson would have been greater(if not for his indiscipline)....he could dispatch opponents in one round ...but Ali had a longer and better career.

I go with Ali.
Re: Muhammad Ali Dies At 74 by Rossikki: 9:46am On Jun 04, 2016
Travel well, The Greatest.
Re: Muhammad Ali Dies At 74 by Eeroh95(m): 9:57am On Jun 04, 2016
Rip Ali I hate boxing and rugby.... Players seems to die early coz of all the hits
Re: Muhammad Ali Dies At 74 by Mrjosaphat: 10:01am On Jun 04, 2016
Lilprincey:
Muhammed ali the world's greatest boxer...#R.i.p
Nigerians and lies like bread &butter
Re: Muhammad Ali Dies At 74 by dmltoyin(m): 10:08am On Jun 04, 2016
Princehojay:

Thank you my dear brother in Islam, please let them know that the religion of Islam is not like that.......... Jazzahkumullahu Khaeran............
wa aykm
Re: Muhammad Ali Dies At 74 by Nobody: 10:18am On Jun 04, 2016
Niseamaka:

You never liked him or his fights?, why?.
It's not a must to like an athlete, you know? Still didn't take away from his talent or achievements. I always found his fights boring and his brags over the top. Probably because boxing in his era didn't look as refined as it does these days.
Re: Muhammad Ali Dies At 74 by Situation001(m): 10:23am On Jun 04, 2016
tunshe:

He will meet his Lord as Muslim and be rewarded for submitting to Allah alone.
I pray to also die as a Muslim. Amin!
Aameen.. May Allah make me too die as one..

1 Like

Re: Muhammad Ali Dies At 74 by hatchy(f): 10:34am On Jun 04, 2016
tunshe:
I am glad he died as a Muslim.
See your life??

Religious bigot.
Re: Muhammad Ali Dies At 74 by filipin: 10:39am On Jun 04, 2016
RIP IN PEACE THE GREATEST![i][/i]

1 Like

Re: Muhammad Ali Dies At 74 by habsydiamond(m): 10:40am On Jun 04, 2016
May his soul rest in peace. The world will surely miss Ali the defender of his people. u will be remembered as a true black legend.

1 Like

Re: Muhammad Ali Dies At 74 by Horus(m): 10:46am On Jun 04, 2016

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muhammad Ali Dies At 74 by Nobody: 10:48am On Jun 04, 2016
lirusehn:

if common sense rules you should know your 5MB should be saved for a better use. undecided
lol, I can share MB with you if you are running out, not every 1 you see on NL depends on bonus MB. Grow up!
Re: Muhammad Ali Dies At 74 by MartinsIfeco1(m): 10:50am On Jun 04, 2016
Ebbunwa:
The legendary Muhammad Ali has gone to meet his ancestors , may his soul continue to RIP.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-16011175
Wea is he 4rm?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

"Give Me Your Shirt, I Give You My Mum" - Boy Begs Messi / Ronaldo Wants To Pay For Damage Caused By Bodyguard Crashing His Bugatti / Mikel Obi Reacts To Nigeria 2 - 0 Loss To Croatia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.