Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,556 members, 7,809,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:18 PM

Killing Of Bridget Agbaheme In Kano, A Pastor’s Wife Causes Tension - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Killing Of Bridget Agbaheme In Kano, A Pastor’s Wife Causes Tension (53733 Views)

Murdered Bridget Agbaheme's Head Was Intact - Police / Buhari Condemns Killing Of Bridget Agbahime In Kano, Sues For Peace / Okorocha Reacts To The Murder Of Bridget Agbaheme, Imo Indigene In Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Killing Of Bridget Agbaheme In Kano, A Pastor’s Wife Causes Tension by OduduwaYoruba: 6:26am On Jun 04, 2016
Tension in Kano over killing of pastor’s wife

AN uneasy calm, Friday, reigned in Kano State following the alleged murder of a pastor’s wife, Mrs. Bridget Agbaheme by a mob of re­ligious extremists, who accused her of defaming the Islamic religion.

Late Mrs. Bridget Agbaheme, a mother of one, was married to Pas­tor Mike Agbaheme, a senior pas­tor with Deeper Life Bible Church in the state in 1982. The deceased family hails from Orodo village in Mbaitolu Local Government area of Imo State.

Saturday Sun learnt that follow­ing the tension that pervaded the area, many Christians stayed in­doors or limited their movements to seemingly volatile areas as fear persists that the extremists may be up to something else.

In the light of the above, the Joint Security Task Force (JTF) in the state, in a bid to reinstate public confidence, deployed armoured car­riers vehicles and over 30 pickup vans filled with security officers, personnel who patrolled the city capital in the morning hours.

Kano State chapter of the Chris­tian Association of Nigeria (CAN), has decried the killing and the cir­cumstance leading to the pastor’s wife’s death. They held an emer­gency meeting, but would make their position public in due course.

Saturday Sun also gathered that the leader of the Deeper Life Bible Church, Pastor Kumuyi has request­ed for details of the incident.

An emergency meeting of the Imo Community Association was going on somewhere in Sabon -Garri Area of the state as at Press time while the Chairman of the Igbo Commu­nity Association, Chief Eni Michael has described the death as barbaric and “most painful to every Igbo man and woman in the state”.

He said that Igbo people living in Kano demand nothing but justice, adding that they would monitor the situation untill the perpetrators of the dastardly act are brought to justice.

“We are not happy at all. A human being is a human being, no matter his tribe or state of origin. Her death is a challenge, we must make sure it does not happen again. And that will start with making sure that those be­hind this murder do not go scot-free.

He charged the police to extend their dragnets to bring in anybody that played a role in the mob action against the Igbo lady.

http://sunnewsonline.com/tension-in-kano-over-killing-of-pastors-wife/

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Killing Of Bridget Agbaheme In Kano, A Pastor’s Wife Causes Tension by Almajiri1: 6:29am On Jun 04, 2016
Sanusi Lamido Sanusi should call his rampaging Sunni jihadist to order.

157 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Killing Of Bridget Agbaheme In Kano, A Pastor’s Wife Causes Tension by sanandreas(m): 6:37am On Jun 04, 2016
I operate with the law of Moses. Do me I do you shikena.

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Killing Of Bridget Agbaheme In Kano, A Pastor’s Wife Causes Tension by SLIDEwaxie(m): 6:39am On Jun 04, 2016
Almajiri1:
Sanusi Lamido Sanusi should call his rampaging Sunni jihadist to order.
ur brain is upside down.. Try knocking it on the wall several times.. U might be lucky to get it half way right..

Wetin concern u and sanusi?

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Killing Of Bridget Agbaheme In Kano, A Pastor’s Wife Causes Tension by Almajiri1: 6:43am On Jun 04, 2016
SLIDEwaxie:
ur brain is upside down.. Try knocking it on the wall several times.. U might be lucky to get it half way right..

May the peace and blessings of Allah be upon you
SLIDEwaxie

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Killing Of Bridget Agbaheme In Kano, A Pastor’s Wife Causes Tension by Almajiri1: 6:49am On Jun 04, 2016
ALTERNATEID:

No need calling Emir Sanusi into a matter that doesn't concern him. You guys should just organise and reciprocate in kind in your state.
This was how the girl child that was kidnapped and impregnated by yellow almost had her mother lynched inside emir Sunni jihadist sanusi lamido Sanusi palace.

125 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Killing Of Bridget Agbaheme In Kano, A Pastor’s Wife Causes Tension by keally: 7:00am On Jun 04, 2016
SLIDEwaxie:

. Are u here to defend Sanusi? Bigotry will kill you. Was it not Sanusi that led the mob that killed Gideon Akaluka in the same Kano some years back.

171 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Killing Of Bridget Agbaheme In Kano, A Pastor’s Wife Causes Tension by afroniger: 7:01am On Jun 04, 2016
I will continue to say it and not bloody care: the two imported religions of Islam and Christianity are both scams. They have been effectively used to brainwash and turn Africans into mumus of the highest order!! angry angry angry

For fvcks sakes can someone please tell me how both religions have helped Africans rise out of poverty and relative primitive existence compared to others in spite of being more religious than both the white man and Arabs?? ?? Nonsense!!!!!

41 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Killing Of Bridget Agbaheme In Kano, A Pastor’s Wife Causes Tension by Almajiri1: 7:02am On Jun 04, 2016
SLIDEwaxie:
he shld make it fast.. No be new thing
You don't deserve a ban with this statement.
Re: Killing Of Bridget Agbaheme In Kano, A Pastor’s Wife Causes Tension by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:08am On Jun 04, 2016
keally:
. Are u here to defend Sanusi? Bigotry will kill you. Was it not Sanusi that led the mob that killed Gideon Akaluka in the same Kano some years back.
1995, I knw and I no be muslim. But wetin Sanusi dey do for that matter now?
Re: Killing Of Bridget Agbaheme In Kano, A Pastor’s Wife Causes Tension by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:09am On Jun 04, 2016
Almajiri1:
You don't deserve a ban with this statement.
wetin dey worry u?
Re: Killing Of Bridget Agbaheme In Kano, A Pastor’s Wife Causes Tension by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:11am On Jun 04, 2016
HammerEvery:

yoruba muslim?
igbo extremist?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Killing Of Bridget Agbaheme In Kano, A Pastor’s Wife Causes Tension by persius555(m): 7:21am On Jun 04, 2016
The Emir of kano must do everything possible to bring the murderers of this lady to book. This is unacceptable.

9 Likes

Re: Killing Of Bridget Agbaheme In Kano, A Pastor’s Wife Causes Tension by sinkhole: 7:26am On Jun 04, 2016
SLIDEwaxie:
1995, I knw and I no be muslim. But wetin Sanusi dey do for that matter now?
If Sanusi condemn this act, as the emir of Kano, I tell you, all those "munmun" who killed the woman will willingly turned themselves in to the police!

20 Likes

Re: Killing Of Bridget Agbaheme In Kano, A Pastor’s Wife Causes Tension by Nobody: 7:26am On Jun 04, 2016
prior independence IBOs said Hausas are their trustworthy friends while Yoruba was their enemy that needs checkmating.
so much for friendship.
after the massacre of IBO in kano riot of 1953,azikwe and his herd of brain dead nationalists, were so much in love in with the killings that thay were shouting one Nigeria with their Hausa friends to spite Yorubas.
one of the slowpoke begotten from their love Union is the one quoting me below with his useless links to justify how their Hausa friends are not that bad

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Killing Of Bridget Agbaheme In Kano, A Pastor’s Wife Causes Tension by 63xtr33r: 7:56am On Jun 04, 2016
krazykoons:
prior independence IBOs said Hausas are their trustworthy friends while Yoruba was their enemy that needs checkmating.
so much for friendship

Let me help your memory out; remember the 'Operation Wetie' (in the SW) which precipitated the January 15 coup. In that independence era a Yoruba man by the name Akintola colluded with Ahmadu Bello to jail Awolowo. Another Yoruba man, Justice Sowemimo indicted and sentenced Awolowo to jail.

1967-70 Yorubas colluded with their Northern masters to almost annihilate the Igbo Nation off the surface of the earth.

Remember also, how Awolowo ensured the starvation of millions of Easterners. And after the war, the same Awolowo colluded with his Northern masters to defraud Easterners of their hard earned money in banks and building societies. Awolowo proceeded to use the stolen funds to give Yorubas free education. And the remaining loot was given to Yorubas and their cotravellers to buy up the numerous companies established by the colonial masters, looting the companies and rendering them bankrupt.

So, you can see that aside the independence era of fraternization between Akintola and Ahmadu Bello, and later the partnership between Awolowo and Gowon, from 1967 to 1979, Yorubas more or less Kowtowed to the wishes of their Northern masters to entrench injustice, lopsidedness and great evils in the land. So much more for 'sophistication', nay 'sufferstication'.

https://www.nairaland.com/3052748/how-awolowo-jailed-yorubas-northerners#44774973

http://community.vanguardngr.com/forum/topics/the-crisis-that-truncated-the-first-republic

http://www.nigerianbulletin.com/threads/yorubas-are-the-problem-with-nigeria-by-sanusi-lamido-sanusi-elombah-com.111348/

64 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Killing Of Bridget Agbaheme In Kano, A Pastor’s Wife Causes Tension by dejitenaj(m): 8:01am On Jun 04, 2016
I think the northern elders needs to rise up to the occasion and speak against this act if not we will keep having situations like this which is not good for the country.

5 Likes

Re: Killing Of Bridget Agbaheme In Kano, A Pastor’s Wife Causes Tension by flamingREED(m): 8:02am On Jun 04, 2016
afroniger:
I will continue to say it and not bloody care: the two imported religions of Islam and Christianity are both scams. They have been effectively used to brainwash and turn Africans into mumus of the highest order!! angry angry angry

For fvcks sakes can someone please tell me how both religions have helped Africans rise out of poverty and relative primitive existence compared to others in spite of being more religious than both the white man and Arabs?? ?? Nonsense!!!!!
So, how has Christianity deformed our neurons and IQ?

Give me definite and scientifically measurable answers, otherwise I urge you to embrace Christ Who was unjustly killed for you.

78 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Killing Of Bridget Agbaheme In Kano, A Pastor’s Wife Causes Tension by onomefm(f): 8:07am On Jun 04, 2016
She is from imo state. I see this as a direct attack igbos particularly imo state.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Killing Of Bridget Agbaheme In Kano, A Pastor’s Wife Causes Tension by RZArecta(m): 8:15am On Jun 04, 2016
SLIDEwaxie:

1 Sanusi is the emir of Kano

2 Sanusi has known extremist tendencies due to his brand of wahabbist Islam

3 Sanusi has also involved himself in a murder such as this in the 90's that led to the death of Gideon Akaluka. He only escaped with his life then because of pressure from high quarters.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Killing Of Bridget Agbaheme In Kano, A Pastor’s Wife Causes Tension by chacoonder(m): 8:17am On Jun 04, 2016
Religion aside...Hausa and Igbo are like two parallel lines...they can never cohabit.(I have lived there,so i know what 'm saying).
I think its high time we start considering the "dis-amalgamation" of this country because we are only united by force not by choice.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Killing Of Bridget Agbaheme In Kano, A Pastor’s Wife Causes Tension by globexpo: 8:18am On Jun 04, 2016
in preparation for ramadan
Re: Killing Of Bridget Agbaheme In Kano, A Pastor’s Wife Causes Tension by keyremotes(m): 8:23am On Jun 04, 2016
A CLASSIC CASE OF ANOTHER "AKALUKA" WHICH SANUSI HIMSELF WAS INVOLVED IN. WHICH WAY NIGERIA?

10 Likes

Re: Killing Of Bridget Agbaheme In Kano, A Pastor’s Wife Causes Tension by zeeek(m): 8:34am On Jun 04, 2016
D police will not make even a single arrest,d northern elders will never condem dis killing buh will rather condem d said blasphemy(dat is if it is true). Dis guys in d north jst love violence. The igbo elders seeking justice r jst funny cos d killers belief dat d killing ☀̤̣̈̇f dis wman is justice. Until dis guys realise dat other ppl r also capable ☀̤̣̈̇f being equally violent, D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣ won't stop n d elders will never condem dis.igbos stop reciting poetry 2 smbdy who is not a poet

8 Likes

Re: Killing Of Bridget Agbaheme In Kano, A Pastor’s Wife Causes Tension by xmich(m): 8:35am On Jun 04, 2016
afroniger:

this things are two different version of same scam;i pity blacks and religious madness

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fayose Riding On "Okada" To Inaugurate The New House Of Assembly [Photo] / Alleged Attack On President Buhari In Kebbi: Contortionists At Work Again / Kashamu Donates 30 Trailers Of Rice To Osun Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.