Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,321 members, 7,808,078 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:49 AM

Buhari Is Sick, Has Meniere Disease (Ear Infection) - Premium Times - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Is Sick, Has Meniere Disease (Ear Infection) - Premium Times (78913 Views)

BBC Mocks Buhari's Ear Infection With A Sarcastic Question, Nigerians Blast(pic) / Melaye To Remi Tinubu: "I Will Beat You, Impregnate You" - Premium Times / Buhari Suffering From Meniere’s Disease - Mezie Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Is Sick, Has Meniere Disease (Ear Infection) - Premium Times by khalifjgusau(m): 8:49am On Jun 04, 2016
President Muhammadu Buhari is ill and is being treated at the presidential villa, PREMIUM TIMES can authoritatively report.

The president has an infection in his left ear, otherwise called Meniere Disease, a challenge which has drastically reduced his outings in the last one week.

As a result of the infection, the president now suffers hearing impairment and routinely complains of severe pains and unusual sounds from that ear, those familiar with his condition told PREMIUM TIMES.
Mr. Buhari had on three recent occasions cancelled official trips within and outside the country due to the infection and was represented at those events by Vice President Yemi Osinbajo.

A statement by the presidency on Friday said the vice president would again represent the president at the 48th Ordinary Summit of Head of State and Government of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) holding this weekend in Dakar, Senegal.

The statement by Laolu Akande, the Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity to the vice president, said Mr. Osinbajo would leave for Dakar on Friday and was expected back in Abuja on Sunday.

Multiple sources in the Presidency told this newspaper Friday that the president got the ear infection about two weeks ago.

Our sources said apart from his family, only a few high profile individuals who visited at the Presidential Villa in the last one week were aware of the president’s illness.

Mr. Buhari, who clocked 73 last December, was said to have confirmed it to some dignitaries who visited him in the past days, explaining to some of them that that was why he was unable to visit Lagos and Rivers as scheduled.

He was also said to have told some of his guests that he was struggling to give his failing health a major attention.

He is currently being treated by his personal physician and other experts from the State House Clinic, our sources said.

An official said the president might seek treatment abroad if his condition does not improve in the next few days.

Despite hearing difficulty, the president, our sources said, managed to attend Jumaat service and host some important visitors, including former Presidents Olusegun Obasanjo and Goodluck Jonathan as well as some clergymen on Friday.

Presidential spokespersons could not be reached to comment for this story on Friday night.
While calls to the Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina, failed to go through, Garba Shehu, the senior special assistant on media and publicity did not answer or return calls.

Media reports first hinted of the president’s illness two weeks ago when he was billed to visit Lagos.
Mr. Osinbajo represented him on that visit.
The vice president also represented the president in Papua New Guinea last weekend where the 8th Summit of the African, Caribbean and Pacific Group of States held.

Mr. Buhari on Thursday put off his scheduled trip to Rivers State where he was billed to kick off the cleanup of Ogoni land as recommended by the United Nations Environmental Programme.
Again, Mr. Osinbajo represented him at the event.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/204670-president-buhari-is-ill.html

2 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Is Sick, Has Meniere Disease (Ear Infection) - Premium Times by Truth4eva: 8:53am On Jun 04, 2016
Noted. Buhari get well soon, eventhough I don't like some of your actions. There are lots of cases hanging on your neck you need to answer to such as in ICC, ECOWAS court, etc.

145 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Buhari Is Sick, Has Meniere Disease (Ear Infection) - Premium Times by DRISKLEF(m): 8:56am On Jun 04, 2016
And that's it! Nigeria our country.

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Is Sick, Has Meniere Disease (Ear Infection) - Premium Times by Acrofab: 8:57am On Jun 04, 2016
No wonder Nigeria is sick too

196 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Buhari Is Sick, Has Meniere Disease (Ear Infection) - Premium Times by Dcomrade(m): 8:59am On Jun 04, 2016
Get well soon Mr President.........

487 Likes 28 Shares

Re: Buhari Is Sick, Has Meniere Disease (Ear Infection) - Premium Times by Nobody: 8:59am On Jun 04, 2016
Quick recovery mr president

388 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Buhari Is Sick, Has Meniere Disease (Ear Infection) - Premium Times by Stephenndidi85: 8:59am On Jun 04, 2016
what do you expect when d leader is sick? he needs to oyoyo bitters.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Is Sick, Has Meniere Disease (Ear Infection) - Premium Times by asadike(f): 9:01am On Jun 04, 2016
Unusual sound ke? Pls did he partake in d civil war? Get well soon sir. You need to live and clear up your mess Mr president

193 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Buhari Is Sick, Has Meniere Disease (Ear Infection) - Premium Times by justurch(m): 9:03am On Jun 04, 2016
I am not a fan of PMB, I never supported him, but I still know and recognize him as My President, I don't have another one for now, Jehova please heal my President In Jesus Name....AMEN!

417 Likes 28 Shares

Re: Buhari Is Sick, Has Meniere Disease (Ear Infection) - Premium Times by Nobody: 9:04am On Jun 04, 2016
And those avengers, abi na scavengers where boastful that Buhari cancelled his trip to rivers because of their mere threat.
The Buhari my father told me about and I have also come to know can never be moved by threats from some street criminals.

Get well soon my dear and amiable president.

173 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Buhari Is Sick, Has Meniere Disease (Ear Infection) - Premium Times by OjukwuWarBird: 9:08am On Jun 04, 2016
If he dies, Osinbanjo will never rule Nigeria.
Yorubas can't rule before the Igbos.

43 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Is Sick, Has Meniere Disease (Ear Infection) - Premium Times by Abagworo(m): 9:14am On Jun 04, 2016
I always felt as much. His absence lately at functions proves it.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Is Sick, Has Meniere Disease (Ear Infection) - Premium Times by chigoizie7(m): 9:14am On Jun 04, 2016
Lolz, I talk am.

Ekwensu, e kiss go buhari!!!

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Is Sick, Has Meniere Disease (Ear Infection) - Premium Times by giftft(f): 9:14am On Jun 04, 2016
PDP reacts

109 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari Is Sick, Has Meniere Disease (Ear Infection) - Premium Times by Almajiri1: 9:15am On Jun 04, 2016
May Jesus Christ deliver Mr President from this infection.amin.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Is Sick, Has Meniere Disease (Ear Infection) - Premium Times by Godstraight(m): 9:16am On Jun 04, 2016
OjukwuWarBird:
If he dies, Osinbanjo will never rule Nigeria.

Yorubas can't rule before the Igbos.
what is so special about ruling a useless country like Nigeria

108 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Is Sick, Has Meniere Disease (Ear Infection) - Premium Times by richidinho(m): 9:17am On Jun 04, 2016
I wish him quick recovery

11 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Sick, Has Meniere Disease (Ear Infection) - Premium Times by slimfit1(m): 9:17am On Jun 04, 2016
The president will not die in Jesus name he shall complete his 4 years Jah Jehovah. Jah Jehovah Jah Jehovah.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Is Sick, Has Meniere Disease (Ear Infection) - Premium Times by Nobody: 9:18am On Jun 04, 2016
President Buhari I Wish Yoi Well, But please if you are not capable then honorably design for the sake of a greater and vlbetter nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Sick, Has Meniere Disease (Ear Infection) - Premium Times by MadamExcellency: 9:20am On Jun 04, 2016
He listened to Obasanjo, Jonathan and others who visited in the past two weeks hence the illness is minor and couldn't have stopped him from official State duties and at same time giving him the luxury to perform routine daily office work at the villa.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Is Sick, Has Meniere Disease (Ear Infection) - Premium Times by Luckylife(m): 9:20am On Jun 04, 2016
God is in control!

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Sick, Has Meniere Disease (Ear Infection) - Premium Times by bender79: 9:21am On Jun 04, 2016
giftft:
PDP reacts
Pdp so f******king what? Is there any one who is superman? Garbage talk

21 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Sick, Has Meniere Disease (Ear Infection) - Premium Times by Subway1011: 9:21am On Jun 04, 2016
Wish him soonest recovery.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Sick, Has Meniere Disease (Ear Infection) - Premium Times by QuotaSystem: 9:21am On Jun 04, 2016
We are all mortals, susceptible to failures in health. This is wishing PMB a speedy recovery if there is a drop of truth in that report.

May all who pray for sickness to befall our dear President be afflicted with the chronic version of their wishes.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Is Sick, Has Meniere Disease (Ear Infection) - Premium Times by omenka(m): 9:22am On Jun 04, 2016
Wish you a speedy recovery sir. The rigours of your office demand that you take some rest until that moment when you are fit enough to continue. Osinbajo we also trust and know will represent you perfectly in all aspects.

We love you and will continue to pray for your success in health and good governance.

God bless my dear country..

42 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Sick, Has Meniere Disease (Ear Infection) - Premium Times by bender79: 9:22am On Jun 04, 2016
Godgay:
what is so special about ruling a useless country like Nigeria
Dont mind they confusionist after the say they want biafra

10 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Sick, Has Meniere Disease (Ear Infection) - Premium Times by 4Kemzy(m): 9:24am On Jun 04, 2016
Nah like this Yar'adua own take start. Old school wey suppose don retire from politics since. Anyways, safe recovery.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Is Sick, Has Meniere Disease (Ear Infection) - Premium Times by TheFreeOne: 9:24am On Jun 04, 2016
Will doctrine of necessity load Make I call Tinubu.

In Obj voice: Tinubu, Tinubu are you alive

Wish him 'soonest' recovery.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Is Sick, Has Meniere Disease (Ear Infection) - Premium Times by PassingShot(m): 9:24am On Jun 04, 2016
Is there anyone here who has not fallen ill before?

Na wa o. Humans playing God.

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Sick, Has Meniere Disease (Ear Infection) - Premium Times by GlorifiedTunde(m): 9:24am On Jun 04, 2016
E go shock you when he gets to 2019 grin grin grin

I just feel the doctors advised him to stop travelling and take enough rest - that's normal for someone of his age.

Or do you want to tell me there were no health concerns about GEJ also?

13 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Ggg / Zahra Buhari Is ACE Charity Ambassador / Profile Of Folashodun Adebisi Shonubi: Acting CBN Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.