Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,893 members, 7,806,606 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:57 PM

Fayose Embarks On Indefinite Strike In Solidarity With Workers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayose Embarks On Indefinite Strike In Solidarity With Workers (55692 Views)

Massive Crowd Shut Down Imo In Solidarity For Buhari And Rochas Okorocha. Photos / IPOB In Solidarity March For Donald Trump / Buhari Condemns Missile Attack On Makkah, Expresses Solidarity With Saudi Arabia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fayose Embarks On Indefinite Strike In Solidarity With Workers by khalifjgusau(m): 6:03pm On Jun 04, 2016
The Governor of Ekiti State, Mr Ayodele Fayose has embarked on an indefinite strike in solidarity with workers of the state civil service, who have been on strike for about 12 days.

Fayose said the solidarity strike became expedient to show concerns with the workers, who have not received salaries in the last five months.

The Governor made this declaration in Ado Ekiti at the weekend in a televised broadcast shown on media based in Ekiti State.

However, to calm down frayed nerves, the Governor in the broadcast said he had paid the January salaries of local government workers, primary school teachers and subventions to tertiary institutions in the state.

The workers, under the auspices of Nigerian Labour Congress (NLC), Trade Union Congress (TUC) and Joint Negotiation Council (JNC), had last week Wednesday called out workers for indefinite strike, when it was apparent that the Governor has allegedly not been responding positively to their yearnings.

The Chairmen of TUC, Com. Odunayo Adesoye, NLC, Com. Ade Adesanmi and JNC Secretary, Com. Blessing Oladele, were particularly irked by the

statement credited to Fayose, averring that he won’t sell his family to pay workers, describing the statement as ‘not only insensitive but inflammatory”. All entreaties by Fayose and stakeholders, including the Speaker of

the House of Assembly, Hon. Kola Oluwawole, who held a meeting with leadership of trade unions on Friday to placate the striking labour unions were futile, as the labour leaders insisted that negotiation
could only happen when salaries are paid.
But Fayose in the broadcast declared solidarity with the workers to confirm that he shared their pains and anguish caused by inability to pay salary.

The Governor was explicit that what he has been declaring as amount accruing to the State as internally generated revenue and the N2.6
billion workers’ wage bill were true positions of the state finances.
“I want to tell workers that I have placed myself on indefinite strike in solidarity with you. I shared your pains , but it was rather unfortunate that a man can’t give what he doesn’t have.

“I have told you the true position of the finances of the state, of which you had played critical roles in allocation of federal allocations to relevant sectors which shows how well I had carried you along since the dwindling revenue to the state commenced.

“During my first term, I mean, 2003 to 2006, I used to pay salary of workers by 21st of every month. But the present situation is very unfortunate and we have to learn how to live with it until the country wriggle out of it and things will change for better.

“I want to say that I will be expecting you back to your offices when you are ready to return to work. I shall be expecting you, because presently I am handicapped and there is nothing I can do.

“But before then, I have placed myself on indefinite strike in solidarity with your course. But I appeal that you put the interest of the state above everything , because the present position affects everybody,” Fayose said.

http://www.dailypost.ng/2016/06/04/industrial-action-fayose-declares-indefinite-strike-in-solidarity-with-workers/?utm_source=snap_dp1&utm_medium=twitter

2 Shares

Re: Fayose Embarks On Indefinite Strike In Solidarity With Workers by LordIsaac(m): 6:06pm On Jun 04, 2016
Oh Father....the ills of governance!!!

71 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fayose Embarks On Indefinite Strike In Solidarity With Workers by apoti(m): 6:06pm On Jun 04, 2016
I don't know who my state has offended to deserve this cretin of a man.

He is busy gallivanting around the world and spewing rubbish against Buhari, while his own state is on fire. Workers have not been paid for five months in his state and he wants to be the next Vice President of Nigeria. He should bury his head in shame

302 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Fayose Embarks On Indefinite Strike In Solidarity With Workers by ozoigbondu: 6:06pm On Jun 04, 2016
Fayose has gone mad again

400 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Fayose Embarks On Indefinite Strike In Solidarity With Workers by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jun 04, 2016
U go fear...Governor dy go on Strike...

105 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Fayose Embarks On Indefinite Strike In Solidarity With Workers by HungerBAD: 6:06pm On Jun 04, 2016
What a joke

104 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fayose Embarks On Indefinite Strike In Solidarity With Workers by seunmsg(m): 6:09pm On Jun 04, 2016
The clown is on strike grin grin grin

Instead of seeking solutions to the problems of Ekiti state, he's busy chasing the presidents shadow. Once Ekiti people finally gets tired of his antics, they will chase him out of the government house the same way he was chased away in 2006.

244 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Fayose Embarks On Indefinite Strike In Solidarity With Workers by GudluckIBB(m): 6:11pm On Jun 04, 2016
ozoigbondu:
Fayose has gone mad again

The first time in worlds history that a governor is going on strike.

Smh for Fayose!
Unfortunately, he can't run to Buhari for bail out, he has shit for church already grin

214 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Fayose Embarks On Indefinite Strike In Solidarity With Workers by modath(f): 6:12pm On Jun 04, 2016
“I want to say that I will be expecting you back to your offices when you are ready to return to work.

How will they transport themselves there?

Jesuuuuuu!!!!! What kind of unfeeling nimcopoop is this for God's sake? He has turned governance to a joke.. lipsrsealed

95 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fayose Embarks On Indefinite Strike In Solidarity With Workers by Adesiji77: 6:14pm On Jun 04, 2016
shocked shocked

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose Embarks On Indefinite Strike In Solidarity With Workers by Splinz(m): 6:18pm On Jun 04, 2016
Lmao... This guy na comedian.

41 Likes

Re: Fayose Embarks On Indefinite Strike In Solidarity With Workers by Ajibel(m): 6:20pm On Jun 04, 2016
I find this hilarious. A governor going on a solidarity strike. Would that bring to a halt governance in the state? Would he also partake in the protest that normally comes with strike actions? grin

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose Embarks On Indefinite Strike In Solidarity With Workers by Pavarottii(m): 6:23pm On Jun 04, 2016
seunmsg:
The clown is on strike grin grin grin

Instead of seeking solutions to the problems of Ekiti state, he's busy chasing the presidents shadow. Once Ekiti people finally gets tired of his antics, they will chase him out of the government house the same way he was chased away in 2006.
Please give me a solution if u were in his shoes?
Thanks

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fayose Embarks On Indefinite Strike In Solidarity With Workers by amaechi1: 6:24pm On Jun 04, 2016
Wonder they say will never end. A sitting governor whose responsibility is to pay his worker is embarking on strike. Height of incompetence. One would have appreciate if he says, he has suspended his and executive salaries for one year to save money for the poor workers. Those who call Mr president dullard, should be please, apprease this act and give it a name.

Any nation that fail to plan, has planned to fail.

92 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fayose Embarks On Indefinite Strike In Solidarity With Workers by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 6:26pm On Jun 04, 2016
Fayose on a solidarity strike! This shows he's clueless about governance.

Iflywithbuhari, buhariIsCursed, buharidonmad/ozaoekpe,temitemi1 your oshokhomole and role model is in the news

44 Likes

Re: Fayose Embarks On Indefinite Strike In Solidarity With Workers by amaechi1: 6:29pm On Jun 04, 2016
Pavarottii:

Thanks

Suspend his salaries and that of his executive to show solidarity. Secondly, keep quite and stop making inflammatory and abusive remarks about Mr President.

193 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Fayose Embarks On Indefinite Strike In Solidarity With Workers by ijustdey: 6:29pm On Jun 04, 2016
Ekiti people will have to carry their cross

they allow this to come upon them....

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose Embarks On Indefinite Strike In Solidarity With Workers by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 6:30pm On Jun 04, 2016
Pavarottii:

Thanks

If it was to be Buhari now, you will start shouting "dulllardd", "illiterate", "brain-dead" and all sorts of unprintable names.

Hypocrite!

194 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Fayose Embarks On Indefinite Strike In Solidarity With Workers by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 6:33pm On Jun 04, 2016
modath:

How will they transport themselves there?

Jesuuuuuu!!!!! What kind of unfeeling nimcopoop is this for God's sake? He has turned governance to a joke.. lipsrsealed

Lemme call on anonimi to give us some pictorial illustration,

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fayose Embarks On Indefinite Strike In Solidarity With Workers by chikel2000(m): 6:41pm On Jun 04, 2016
Fayose d man of d people. I just lov dis guy

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fayose Embarks On Indefinite Strike In Solidarity With Workers by Pavarottii(m): 6:42pm On Jun 04, 2016
IdisuleOurOwn:

If it was to be Buhari now, you will start shouting "dulllardd", "illiterate", "brain-dead" and all sorts of unprintable names.

Hypocrite!
Wat are u saying? Just listen to urself. Just ansa my question. Someone that received 813million last month and his way bill alone is 2.4billion apart from statutory expenses in managing d state.

3 Likes

Re: Fayose Embarks On Indefinite Strike In Solidarity With Workers by pendusky(m): 6:42pm On Jun 04, 2016
This is joke of the century

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fayose Embarks On Indefinite Strike In Solidarity With Workers by modath(f): 6:51pm On Jun 04, 2016
chikel2000:
Fayose d man of d people. I just lov dis guy

Why won't you love him, he's a caricature putting on a show of shame and you are enjoying it...

A deranged person is good entertainment for passers-by , no sane person will pray for him to belong to them.... I pray your governors become like Fayose... Amen.. cool

I just beg that he should limit his madness to throwing subs at Bubu, he should stop embarrassing us!!

71 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fayose Embarks On Indefinite Strike In Solidarity With Workers by seunny4lif(m): 6:52pm On Jun 04, 2016
grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
This Man ehh grin grin

1 Like

Re: Fayose Embarks On Indefinite Strike In Solidarity With Workers by otokx(m): 6:52pm On Jun 04, 2016
Ekiti people just entered better 1 chance - they made their choice so let them enjoy it.

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fayose Embarks On Indefinite Strike In Solidarity With Workers by aresa: 7:01pm On Jun 04, 2016
What kind of strike ia he going on? Staying at home and away from his office and state house or no official state business.?

Why not just shut down the state and hand it over to the FG.

This is funnier than his usual comedy..

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fayose Embarks On Indefinite Strike In Solidarity With Workers by gwales: 7:01pm On Jun 04, 2016
Pavarottii:

Thanks
he should suspend his stomach infrastructure, his millions of naira security votes monthly and channel the money into IGR producing sector like agriculture

57 Likes

Re: Fayose Embarks On Indefinite Strike In Solidarity With Workers by chikel2000(m): 7:03pm On Jun 04, 2016
modath:

Why won't you love him, he's a caricature putting on a show of shame and you are enjoying it...

A deranged person is good entertainment for passers-by , no sane person will pray for him to belong to them.... I pray your governors become like Fayose... Amen.. cool

I just beg that he should limit his madness to throwing subs at Bubu, he should stop embarrassing us!!
Fayose is still far better than other governors. Ist he said the truth, Ekiti is broke n u knw buhari won't fund him either, telling d truth of a situation is d most noble thing to do. 2ndly he joined d strike, y? Just to make fun of them?, no. H felt dia pain n wish to identify with them. How many governors have stepped that low to identity with its people. Yes things r bad now but trust me fayose's attitude demonstrated good will

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fayose Embarks On Indefinite Strike In Solidarity With Workers by Jirate(m): 7:04pm On Jun 04, 2016
Temitemi1, Your Role Model has started “Modeling” again O.

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fayose Embarks On Indefinite Strike In Solidarity With Workers by aresa: 7:06pm On Jun 04, 2016
chikel2000:
Fayose is still far better than other governors. Ist he said the truth, Ekiti is broke n u knw buhari won't fund him either, telling d truth of a situation is d most noble thing to do. 2ndly he joined d strike, y? Just to make fun of them?, no. H felt dia pain n wish to identify with them. How many governors have stepped that low to identity with its people. Yes things r bad now but trust me fayose's attitude demonstrated good will

lmao... Abeg stop embarrassing the internet..

158 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Fayose Embarks On Indefinite Strike In Solidarity With Workers by PassingShot(m): 7:08pm On Jun 04, 2016
Pavarottii:

Thanks
Let him put on his thinking cap and improve the IGR of the state. Or let him borrow from his friend, the wicked Wike that has unrestricted access to loan in Rivers state.

30 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ambode, Ashafa, Abike-dabiri Tipped To Replace Late Oshinowo / Rotimi Amaechi Caught On Camera Sleeping At His 52nd Birthday Lecture / Nigerians Flood Atiku's Tweet On Tinubu's Educational Abracadabra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.