Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,280 members, 7,807,939 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:13 PM

Glo's Network Speed!! Is It Good? Or Bad? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Glo's Network Speed!! Is It Good? Or Bad? (3910 Views)

See Network Speed In The UK While We Celebrate Mediocre 1mb/s Over Here / I Have 50k, What Phone Can I Buy With It? (good Battery, Ram And 4G) / I Hate Glo Network....they Gave Me False Hope! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Glo's Network Speed!! Is It Good? Or Bad? by DaveHert(m): 2:15pm On Jun 05, 2016
I keep hearing terrible comments about glo's network but to be honest, my glo's monthly subscription never stays beyond a week or a week and some few days, why you might wonder why?? That's because the network is basically the fastest in my area in PH.....fast enough that I do monthly subscription 4times a month and it's even faster in the midnight when am hotspoting to my laptop or using it on my router. look at this screenshot and decide for yourself.

1 Like

Re: Glo's Network Speed!! Is It Good? Or Bad? by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jun 05, 2016
I really need to change my gadget

My idm speed with glo is 2mb
Re: Glo's Network Speed!! Is It Good? Or Bad? by DaveHert(m): 2:28pm On Jun 05, 2016
MetaHuman:
I really need to change my gadget

My idm speed with glo is 2mb

it's faster when you insert the sim into a good router and use wifi in the midnight. you can achieve 5MB/sec then or use a mifi or hotspoting it.
Re: Glo's Network Speed!! Is It Good? Or Bad? by ikbnice(m): 2:32pm On Jun 05, 2016
used Glo for computer internet practicals last week and I nearly chew the sim. Snail's speed is faster when compared with glo browsing. We virtually did nothing. Even with a Dlink router, it performed poorly.

1 Like

Re: Glo's Network Speed!! Is It Good? Or Bad? by Viole(f): 2:38pm On Jun 05, 2016
Glo is the Fastest in My Area In Owerri
2.5k for 10GB... Na here we dey
Re: Glo's Network Speed!! Is It Good? Or Bad? by Cutehector(m): 2:41pm On Jun 05, 2016
Davehert pls can u help me with d site u download movies from.. Thanks
Re: Glo's Network Speed!! Is It Good? Or Bad? by DaveHert(m): 2:44pm On Jun 05, 2016
ikbnice:
used Glo for computer internet practicals last week and I nearly chew the sim. Snail's speed is faster when compared with glo browsing. We virtually did nothing. Even with a Dlink router, it performed poorly.

then you obviously are in a low coverage location. either try it out on a different location or switch to another network. But the thing is no network has 100% coverage every where in nigeria, I loose network signal on airtel once I step into my house and get it back once I step out of that area, and mtn network is OK at my house but the worst at my friends house. it's not just Glo, it's an issue with every netwok, so if you have a low coverage on one network switch to another that has better coverage in your area. that simple!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Glo's Network Speed!! Is It Good? Or Bad? by ikbnice(m): 2:57pm On Jun 05, 2016
DaveHert:

then you obviously are in a low coverage location. either try it out on a different location or switch to another network. But the thing is no network has 100% coverage every where in nigeria, I loose network signal on airtel once I step into my house and get it back once I step out of that area, and mtn network is OK at my house but the worst at my friends house. it's not just Glo, it's an issue with every netwok, so if you have a low coverage on one network switch to another that has better coverage in your area. that simple!!
am switching over to MTN for this week's practicals , works better with DLINK router.
Re: Glo's Network Speed!! Is It Good? Or Bad? by DaveHert(m): 3:00pm On Jun 05, 2016
Cutehector:
Davehert pls can u help me with d site u download movies from.. Thanks

I use a lot of sites depending on the movie I want or the quality I want.
mobilevids.org is what I use when I want to download a movie of standard quality like 320p (each movie is usually sized at 300mb - 400mb)

then for high quality movies I use torrents sites

and for Korean Movies I use kissasian.com. but if you want more I can check my bookmark and list them out
Re: Glo's Network Speed!! Is It Good? Or Bad? by DaveHert(m): 3:04pm On Jun 05, 2016
ikbnice:
am switching over to MTN for this week's practicals , works better with DLINK router.
Only if you are comfortable with their plans, like I said it's a matter of choice and what works best for you.
there was a time when mtn was my favourite network and I despised Glo, that's not the case anymore.
Re: Glo's Network Speed!! Is It Good? Or Bad? by ikbnice(m): 3:07pm On Jun 05, 2016
DaveHert:

Only if you are comfortable with their plans, like I said it's a matter of choice and what works best for you.
there was a time when mtn was my favourite network and I despised Glo, that's not the case anymore.
I have used it before for J.S 3 exam registeration.
Re: Glo's Network Speed!! Is It Good? Or Bad? by Cutehector(m): 3:11pm On Jun 05, 2016
DaveHert:

mobilevids.org is what I use when I want to download a movie of standard quality like 320p (each movie is usually sized at 300mb - 400mb)

and for Korean Movies I use kissasian.com. but if you want more I can check my bookmark and list them out
please i would be grateful if u can check ur bookmarks and lost dem out for me... I'd really appreciate dat
Re: Glo's Network Speed!! Is It Good? Or Bad? by lekjons(m): 11:51pm On Jun 05, 2016
@Cutehector

download "showbox" for android or pc, you'll find every movie you want in it(tv series included)
Re: Glo's Network Speed!! Is It Good? Or Bad? by fredie107(m): 11:53pm On Jun 05, 2016
It depends on area.
Re: Glo's Network Speed!! Is It Good? Or Bad? by DaveHert(m): 1:16pm On Jun 06, 2016
Cutehector:
please i would be grateful if u can check ur bookmarks and lost dem out for me... I'd really appreciate dat

Sorri I can't seem to get my blackberry to come on, my bookmarks for movies are kept there.
I can only suggest the android apps I use on my phone to download....and they are in the picture bellow⤵

Re: Glo's Network Speed!! Is It Good? Or Bad? by Papishi(m): 2:42pm On Jun 07, 2016
DaveHert:

Bro am having difficulty in downloading torrents on my laptop. Either from kickass or piratesbay or any whatsoever and I have been having this issue since April. Please how do I go about this?
I use Utorrent, FDM and the likes.
Bros ejo epp me cos I cant seem to see where I can get an alternative sites where I can download movies.
Re: Glo's Network Speed!! Is It Good? Or Bad? by DaveHert(m): 4:25pm On Jun 07, 2016
Papishi:

Bro am having difficulty in downloading torrents on my laptop. Either from kickass or piratesbay or any whatsoever and I have been having this issue since April. Please how do I go about this?
I use Utorrent, FDM and the likes.
Bros ejo epp me cos I cant seem to see where I can get an alternative sites where I can download movies.

You have to be more specific than that, what exactly is wrong with the torrent download? are you sure ur system isn't configured to use a specific proxy?
Re: Glo's Network Speed!! Is It Good? Or Bad? by DaveHert(m): 4:42pm On Jun 07, 2016
Cutehector:
This is a more updated screenshot of my movies/Tv Series downloading and streaming apps. but deezer is a music streaming app.

Re: Glo's Network Speed!! Is It Good? Or Bad? by RitzyPrince(m): 4:49pm On Jun 07, 2016
Glo, simply the best.
Re: Glo's Network Speed!! Is It Good? Or Bad? by Cutehector(m): 6:03pm On Jun 07, 2016
DaveHert:

This is a more updated screenshot of my movies/Tv Series downloading and streaming apps. but deezer is a music streaming app.
thanks so much bro, I duno if they will work on blackberry 10 platform. Cuz I use a BlackBerry fone
Re: Glo's Network Speed!! Is It Good? Or Bad? by OCTAVO: 7:51pm On Jun 07, 2016
Bad is an understatement
Re: Glo's Network Speed!! Is It Good? Or Bad? by Papishi(m): 3:53pm On Jun 09, 2016
DaveHert:

You have to be more specific than that, what exactly is wrong with the torrent download? are you sure ur system isn't configured to use a specific proxy?
Sincerely it was working initially, I didn't know what just happened that it stopped and it has always been connecting ever since.
Re: Glo's Network Speed!! Is It Good? Or Bad? by blackpanda: 11:57am On Jun 19, 2016
DaveHert:

Pls whats d invitation code for mobilevids.org
Re: Glo's Network Speed!! Is It Good? Or Bad? by tayadof9ja(m): 12:11pm On Jun 19, 2016
ikbnice:
hahaha aswear...sometimes i wonder why they say snail's got no speed,i guess they havent used glo to browse d net bfor. Rubbish netwrk. Gloslow.
Re: Glo's Network Speed!! Is It Good? Or Bad? by Jack188: 5:27pm On Jul 05, 2016
Hello! I have to say that it works for me fine too. I have just checked my connection with http://www.meter.net, and it showed around 5MB/sec. I guess, it is a good speed for my location. I have never had any issues with Glo at all
Re: Glo's Network Speed!! Is It Good? Or Bad? by Obagoblog(m): 6:17pm On Jul 05, 2016
Before subscribing for GLO data plan, read this article below :

http://www.obagoblog.com/2016/07/pros-and-cons-glo-data-subscription.html
Re: Glo's Network Speed!! Is It Good? Or Bad? by DaveHert(m): 7:09pm On Aug 08, 2016
blackpanda:

I would require your email in order for me to invite you!
Re: Glo's Network Speed!! Is It Good? Or Bad? by DaveHert(m): 7:10pm On Aug 08, 2016
Jack188:
Hello! I have to say that it works for me fine too. I have just checked my connection with http://www.meter.net, and it showed around 5MB/sec. I guess, it is a good speed for my location. I have never had any issues with Glo at all
Wats ur location?
Re: Glo's Network Speed!! Is It Good? Or Bad? by DaveHert(m): 7:10pm On Aug 08, 2016
blackpanda:

I would require your email in order for me to invite you!

(1) (Reply)

Trick To Make Your Tecno L8 Or L8 Plus To Charge Fast Very Fast / Need MTN Manual Settings For Nokia Lumia 822 Verizon Version / My Thought On The Blackberry Service In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.