Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,406 members, 7,781,181 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:17 AM

What Is The Cost Of A Website In Nigeria?? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / What Is The Cost Of A Website In Nigeria?? (16673 Views)

Contact A Website Cloning Expert (Pay after Service) / Cost Of Running A Blog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Cost Of A Website In Nigeria?? by willace(m): 4:50pm On Jun 05, 2016
Please I want to know how much it costs to get a good website in nigeria
Re: What Is The Cost Of A Website In Nigeria?? by overtlyderanged: 5:51pm On Jun 05, 2016
Now this question is difficult to answer because it comes down to a few things, which include:

1. The kind of website it is (obviously a website for a business that has only regular stuff like a contact page, about us, gallery, etc will cost less than an E commerce website as well as sites with higher levels of functionality.

2. The designer/developer: People have their prices lol, what you need to do is get samples of previous jobs from different developers to determine whose style you like then request for quotes. Bargain as you wish.

3. Probably the urgency of the project. If you need it ASAP you may be asked to pay a little bit more, "may" being the operative word.

These are some of the things to put into consideration.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Cost Of A Website In Nigeria?? by yorex2011: 6:55pm On Jun 05, 2016
overtlyderanged:
Now this question is difficult to answer because it comes down to a few things, which include:

1. The kind of website it is (obviously a website for a business that has only regular stuff like a contact page, about us, gallery, etc will cost less than an E commerce website as well as sites with higher levels of functionality.

2. The designer/developer: People have their prices lol, what you need to do is get samples of previous jobs from different developers to determine whose style you like then request for quotes. Bargain as you wish.

3. Probably the urgency of the project. If you need it ASAP you may be asked to pay a little bit more, "may" being the operative word.

These are some of the things to put into consideration.
well said

1 Like

Re: What Is The Cost Of A Website In Nigeria?? by NaijaFutbol: 6:42am On Jun 06, 2016
Varies really.

In addition to what overtlyderanged has listed, there may be other factors like:

1. Who develops the content? Do you have the content of the website ready for the team to copy and paste or do they have to develop the contents afresh.

2. Does contract include development of logos?

3. Who hosts and who updates content?

Just pick sample websites and contact several developers.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Cost Of A Website In Nigeria?? by Ajusshi: 6:42am On Jun 06, 2016
undecided
Re: What Is The Cost Of A Website In Nigeria?? by frankobaba(m): 6:43am On Jun 06, 2016
Truly it depends on what you really want.

An e-commerce site costs more than a simple brochure website.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Cost Of A Website In Nigeria?? by Daniel058(m): 6:43am On Jun 06, 2016
Me too wan know...
Re: What Is The Cost Of A Website In Nigeria?? by dexterinc2003: 6:44am On Jun 06, 2016
OP why are you asking,I hope you are not an Avenger o!!! angry angry angry
ok just joking grin grin grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Cost Of A Website In Nigeria?? by ZUBY77(m): 6:45am On Jun 06, 2016
It depends on what you want in the website.
There are websites with 10 pages and there are websites with 1000 pages.
They wont cost the same, would they?

There are websites that host videos and Audio files, which means they require bigger server which costs bigger money.

In fact a lot of factors determine the prices.

6 Likes

Re: What Is The Cost Of A Website In Nigeria?? by lonelydora: 6:45am On Jun 06, 2016
So many sign posts (both handwritten and typed) littering Port Harcourt streets and roads says it's between 15k and 20k. I have also seen one that says 8k.
Re: What Is The Cost Of A Website In Nigeria?? by VocalWalls: 6:45am On Jun 06, 2016
It totally depends
Re: What Is The Cost Of A Website In Nigeria?? by Rexnegro(m): 6:46am On Jun 06, 2016
it depends on the type of website You want And how much of graphics You want in it
Re: What Is The Cost Of A Website In Nigeria?? by AlexCk: 6:47am On Jun 06, 2016
Re: What Is The Cost Of A Website In Nigeria?? by Nobody: 6:48am On Jun 06, 2016
OP, click http://google.com

Happy Ramadan

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Cost Of A Website In Nigeria?? by STFUand4kMeHARD(m): 6:48am On Jun 06, 2016

13 Likes

Re: What Is The Cost Of A Website In Nigeria?? by viviangist: 6:48am On Jun 06, 2016
It Depends .....

Like to get site like Linda Ikeji Might Cost = 30,000
To get site like Vanguard = 100k to 150k
To get site like jumia, Nairabet and others na like 750k to 1 Million naira

17 Likes

Re: What Is The Cost Of A Website In Nigeria?? by Emmaino247: 6:49am On Jun 06, 2016
frankobaba:
Truly it depends on what you really want.

An e-commerce site costs more than a simple brochure website.
YOU just said my mind
Re: What Is The Cost Of A Website In Nigeria?? by industrious: 6:50am On Jun 06, 2016
Linda ikeji doesn't even cost N500 on free blogger template and hosting or godaddy domain name...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Cost Of A Website In Nigeria?? by RuddyFusion(m): 6:56am On Jun 06, 2016
Everything depends on what the clients wants, your knowledge and expertise.

1) Normal informational sites with Just Home, About Us, Services , Blog and Contact Page either built with WP or HTML,CSS and JS

2) Normal WP site with the above pages structure and blog plus membership section Plus Forum

3)Dynamic website that enables users to create/update accounts and access some section of the site based on their accounts

4) E-Commerce website built with any CMS software.

All of the above comes at different cost

in addition to the above are you adding

1) Hosting services?

2) Maintenance/ Training

3) SEO/Digital Marketing services

The above can add to the cost of your offering.....

if you need further help or clarification you call me on 08031351074

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Cost Of A Website In Nigeria?? by aniblue(m): 6:58am On Jun 06, 2016
viviangist:
It Depends .....

To get site like Fashola's own, you need 78Million naira. LOL

10 Likes

Re: What Is The Cost Of A Website In Nigeria?? by spartanobad(m): 7:01am On Jun 06, 2016
SO we still have matured minds and gurus in d house
Re: What Is The Cost Of A Website In Nigeria?? by Nobody: 7:02am On Jun 06, 2016
am a web developer, you can get in touch with me, price varies depending on what you want. send a mail to sedeqq@yahoo.com and I will reply you with my number. Cheers
Re: What Is The Cost Of A Website In Nigeria?? by amakenny: 7:05am On Jun 06, 2016
dexterinc2003:
OP why are you asking,I hope you are not an Avenger o!!! angry angry angry
ok just joking grin grin grin

Lol
But Avengers have upgraded their website from . com to .org.
Re: What Is The Cost Of A Website In Nigeria?? by julybaba(m): 7:06am On Jun 06, 2016
willace:
Please I want to know how much it costs to get a good website in nigeria
What do u mean by "good' website?
Re: What Is The Cost Of A Website In Nigeria?? by amakenny: 7:09am On Jun 06, 2016
aniblue:

To get site like Fashola's own,

you need 78Million naira. LOL

Lol,
You wicked, no be small. 78 million Naira to develop a website?

Even Barack Obama's or FBI or MI6 website can't cost one-tenth of that.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Cost Of A Website In Nigeria?? by 4ward(m): 7:10am On Jun 06, 2016
it depends
Re: What Is The Cost Of A Website In Nigeria?? by ogaprime(m): 7:10am On Jun 06, 2016
ZUBY77:
It depends on what you want in the website.
There are websites with 10 pages and there are websites with 1000 pages.
They wont cost the same, would they?

There are websites that host videos and Audio files, which means they require bigger server which costs bigger money.

In fact a lot of factors determine the prices.

Am a novice, what do you mean by 1000pages?? Do you mean the developer will create .html files of up to 1000files and link them?? Thanks
Re: What Is The Cost Of A Website In Nigeria?? by favourmic(m): 7:10am On Jun 06, 2016
Let them drop their contact but scammer keep off, I need someone that can help me build one
Re: What Is The Cost Of A Website In Nigeria?? by menstrualpad: 7:11am On Jun 06, 2016
viviangist:
It Depends .....

And a site like yours?
Re: What Is The Cost Of A Website In Nigeria?? by shearer1982(m): 7:14am On Jun 06, 2016
RuddyFusion:
Everything depends on what the clients wants, your knowledge and expertise.

1) Normal informational sites with Just Home, About Us, Services , Blog and Contact Page either built with WP or HTML,CSS and JS

2) Normal WP site with the above pages structure and blog plus membership section Plus Forum

3)Dynamic website that enables users to create/update accounts and access some section of the site based on their accounts

4) E-Commerce website built with any CMS software.

All of the above comes at different cost

in addition to the above are you adding

1) Hosting services?

2) Maintenance/ Training

3) SEO/Digital Marketing services

The above can add to the cost of your offering.....

if you need further help or clarification you call me on 08031351074

Nice one but you forgot to mention DNN, it really shows you are an expect in this area.!
Re: What Is The Cost Of A Website In Nigeria?? by Nobody: 7:16am On Jun 06, 2016
aniblue:

To get site like Fashola's own, you need 78Million naira. LOL

Nigerians are so contempt with sub standard things.

An average web developer in Europe earns >$70K per annum. In naira that is about #21m.

The Fashola website was a complete project. With Web developers, Publicists, Content Managers, Media Personnel and so on.

Ask around, 78m isn't too much price to pay.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Best 404 Error Pages Of All Time / What Is Cloud Hosting: How Does It Really Work? / Goodnews Adsense Applicants,get Your Adsense Approved In Less Than 48 Hours 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.